Old 06-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #376  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the encouragement Frances123, Llilith! I was told that I was being overly hysterical by family too. I just am so afraid, because I know my Dad is going to want pictures and LOTS, he so very rarely gets all his children together.
But Llilith I love your picture , you look fantastic! But I must say that I am a fond believer that some women "wear their weight" much better than I do, and a large part of that--I feel--is more than just clothing choices, but instead the confidence they exude. IMO you appear to have that untouchable glow of confidence, and I don't think I could "bring it" like that. I am a work in progress .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #377  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the kind words. The confidence is a relatively new thing for me, and I have to say it started with simply making the choice.

I feel you on the work in progress thing - me too!! But, that said. You could totally BRING IT. :-) Fake it til you make it LOL.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 265 / ticker / 165

Height: 5'7"

Lilith - LOL...you must be another ex-WW person, too. I remember that expression! I've been following you all on the 180s board because I really hope to be there soon! I totally agree about making the choice to be confident. We've accomplished great things! And great picture!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #379  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

Grrrr.....Up two pounds . TOM is here with a vengeance and he is taking no prisoners . So I feel gross and I am still going to try and eek a workout in today, because I am preparing for food in excess on my B-Day. I plan on having a yummy slice of salted caramel cake too--and for all the calories I am putting aside, it better taste delicious .
On another note, I saw my sister for the first time since....I think...around Christmas?? Anyway, she sees me and says somebody is on Slimfast! Then proceeded to say that I look like our other sister who lost a lot of weight as well, so now she has to get used to us being "skinny", because we look sort of stretched out?? I was happy about all of this--and not because of the actual words, but because I knew this was the best compliment she could muster . Me thinkest that she learnt too much from me . I must say that I scarred each of my siblings throughout childhood to adulthood with a lot of my bad personality traits. I am surprised each of them are not in therapy.....
Old 06-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #380  

MarliQQ - Uggghhh, TOM. Me too. I was up a pound and a half, which of course I didn't count. Happy early birthday and enjoy that cake! I'm a total sweets lover and I'm trying to incorporate a little nibble whenever I feel the urge, even if it's just a bite, to life by that 'moderation, not deprivation' philosophy. I just have to be careful not to let it get out of control!

Hooray for nice comments from family members! It's funny you wrote that, because we are having people in from out of state over the holiday and I realized that I'm FIFTY POUNDS LIGHTER than the last time they saw me. In that past I have totally DREADED any kind of get-together...not only the clothes from my limited and much-hated plus size wardrobe, but worrying about sweating and sucking in my stomach and breaking chairs (oh yes - I've broken chairs!) and how much I could eat without making people think, "No wonder she's fat!" Etc., etc. Now I can just relax, am confident, know that I've worked hard and look good in my clothes, and I won't be breaking any chairs! Ha!
Old 06-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #381  
"Evolution Required"

Frances123 Same here . I toot the moderation horn too. I am also no stranger to planning my calories around sweets . I however, do deprive myself of restaurant visits on purpose, because they take normal unsuspecting food and sprinkle pounds on it and serve it to their customers ...
Even losing 50 pounds, I still have the same mentality regarding eating in public situations. I still wonder if people are judging. I also have a new issue as well now that I have lost the weight--I try not to eat too little in front of others too, because I feel like it invites some people to ask needlessly "concerned" questions about my weight loss, which is an invitation for me to say naughty things back .
This new issue causes me confusion, because in essence when I was 250lbs I often ate that way and nobody said a word. I would skip breakfast or lunch most days, and sometimes both! None of which I do anymore, because I make myself eat something now, even if it is "lightweight" like a banana. So how did I get to 250lbs? The weight I gained came from the "binge" session I would have most often in the evening, and sitting on my butt all day.
I think people just naturally assume the worse when people lose a lot of weight fairly quickly, which annoys me, because as much as I like food, starvation is the last thing I would be looking to entertain ....
Old 06-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #382  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Last day of vacation! I have to say I'm not terrified to hop on the scale when I get back. Three intense days of hiking with a 35+ pound pack on, plus tons of walking (at least three miles a day) the rest of the time. Our eyes are still much bigger than our shrunken stomachs though. Quite a few times we have ordered something and realized it was way too much! Tried to eat healthy some of the time and skipped meals when we weren't hungry. Can't wait to share pictures and hopefully a good weigh in soon.

Hope everyone's family gatherings went well.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #383  
"Evolution Required"

nonameslob Sounds like you will have a great weigh-in hun! Savor your last day, and can't wait for the pics .
Old 06-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #384  

MarliQQ - I so know what you mean. I still feel self-conscious eating in public. I went to supper with some people from my gym last week. I'd budgeted to eat 1/2 a chicken sandwich and 1/2 serving of fries. A treat, you know? Everyone else got salad. I felt guilty about my fries and tried to justify it - "Oh, ha ha, I wanted a little treat today!" I hope to get to the point where I eat what I want and not worry about what people are thinking...but it's a hard habit to break!

Noname - LOVE those kind of trips. I bet you have a great weigh in! Hooray!

I had a little NSV (non-scale victory) today. I had a so-so eating weekend because I've been feeling discouraged about my loss...TOM, 95+ degrees every day so I'm retaining water again, scale not moving...I went over by 200 - 300 calories both days. Still feeling discouraged, I went to the gym today and was chitchatting with a woman before class. She knows I take TRX classes and said, "I've decided to take them too. I run, but I need something different. I want to get definition, like you've got." !!!!! I've NEVER had anyone tell me that I've got definition, but I've worked SO hard on my fitness. I examined myself and realized that although I've still got that stomach to get rid of, I have very nice definition in my legs from all my workouts. It made me feel so good! Just the pick-me-up I needed!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 217/193/175

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
Wannabehealthy: I do the mirror thing all the time. It's so sad when you see "someone" walking next to you or towards you and you think "bigger girl" like... you actually make the connection that that person is fat, and then you look over to inspect them and realize it's you. I'm not saying that every time I see someone over weight I think "OMG What a Hefer!" or anything, I'm just saying in your mindset you realize they are overweight, no different than if you realized someone had blond hair. It's a shame when you see you and realize it, and it's not that "you are your worst critic" moment, it's that you just know you're big and there is NO wording that can change that. That's why we are here though. To do better and not have that. I also see myself as thin in my mind, and then get a glimpse in a mirror.
Sometimes I feel bad because although I don't judge people by their weight, I do notice if someone is overweight and am always comparing myself to them. I think that whatever your worst flaw is, is what you notice in other people and it's just natural.

I am back down to 193, hoping that this time I keep going instead of gaining a couple pounds back. As much as I like you girls, I want to get into the 180's soooo bad!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #386  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!!

TOM is tapering off and I hope he takes his pounds with him. I seriously despise men every single time I get my TOM, why couldn't they have been the ones who can get preggo????..........Then I remind myself how a pregnant man would look and act, and I change my mind....
Anywho, I am playing this dangerous game of bouncing all around the low 190's and getting nowhere. I know my body can't tell the difference between 190-189, no more than 196-195, but it sure feels like it. I always have the hardest time leaving a decade. So Wannabehealthy I understand. I too want to get out of here. I weighed in at 190 today, and you would think I'd be excited, but . I can't seem to move any lower.

Frances123 Hun!! Speaking of french fries. Just yesterday my brother very self righteously told me I shouldn't be eating any. I actually held my tongue--I'm working on myself --but my siblings know better than to direct me to do ANYTHING, so I just gave him the face . Especially since this brother specifically was asked to assist me in my weight loss journey in the very beginning, and was no help at all. Now that I am writing about this, my annoyance has been rekindled...I think I will give him a piece of my mind....
Old 06-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #387  
Call me NNS!

Well, I'm happy to report I'm only up two pounds! I plan to continue my diet break for another week now that I'm back from vacation, meaning I won't be doing 5:2 but I will be trying to cook some healthy meals and I'll probably go back to not drinking alcohol during the week to ease back into routine.. A week of eating at restaurants or prepackaged meals has me craving some fresh food for sure. And I'll bet has caused water retention so I'm curious for Fridays weigh in.

We did almost 30 miles of hiking in three days in the Rockies, over 4,000' ascent, at elevation near 10,000' with probably 40 pounds in my pack. My body needs a rest! I wasn't originally intending to take a full two weeks off from the gym but I think its for the best.

I haven't had any lightheaded spells that I was having before so hopefully my body just needed a break from dieting for a bit to reset my system. Theoretically that means weight loss should go more easily when I restart. I thought it would be easy to pig out but found myself ordering way more than I could stomach!

Sounds like you guys are all dong pretty well and hopefully I'll be following y'all out of this thread soon! Sorry for the ramble.

Frances, yay on the NSV! Wannabehealthy, I know its so frustrating to jump up and down like that and it seems you've been doing that for a while. Is it time to make a change? Don't give up! Marli, sounds like you will be out of here as soon as TOM goes away!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #388  

Wannabehealthy - I know what you mean. First I was stuck around 198 forever, then I dropped a bunch of weight all at once, and now I seem stuck in the lower 190s. I'm hoping to have at least SOME loss this week, even if it's not a full pound!

MarliQQ - You're almost outta here! What day of the week is your 'official' weigh in?

Noname - It sounds like you got in some GREAT exercise on your trip! That's great! I like the idea of taking a 'diet break'. I think if I would've done that in the past, it could've stopped me from a regain.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #389  
Call me NNS!

Back down to 195.2 today. Should be interesting to continue to watch the scale as I eat "normally" this week. My Size 14s fit! I bought them a few weeks ago and they were snug, so I'd say that's a sign I definitely lost over vacation. Woohoo!

Frances, that's part of why I did it - so that I have a drop-dead date to get back to to routine. I even have it in my phone calendar. Ugh, today is going to be rough though being back at work!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 06-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #390  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

I am up a pound, 191, and I am actually surprised I got away with that, because I pigged out on my birthday--a birthday, by the way, I had not even planned to really celebrate at all. At least not in a traditional manner, but I don't have the type of family that cares what your opinion is about much of anything. So, yeah I got everything I didn't want, and pretty sure knowing my family, it is all on Facebook and Instagram today. But I did have fun seeing my loves.
Anywho--I must take this time to pat myself on the back, because November 26, 2013 I set my first goal that I would not reach my next birthday the same way, and I must say that I stuck my landing . I got so many compliments acknowledging my success yesterday, that it should have gassed me up--it didn't--but it was a nice acknowledgement. I still feel like I have so far to go, but it feels nice to know that I stuck to such an "insurmountable" goal. So I will call goal for this mini!!! I love me today!--Well actually I do everyday--but you guys understand .

Frances123 I feel like I should have been out of this thread! Tuesday is my official weigh-in.