Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #286  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all!

Welcome to all the new people in the thread and congrats on the weight losses!

rebelle - This time around I have just been keeping my calories in check, but I don't know if I'm doing as well as I was with WW's, so I may be going back to it. I'm going to give it a little longer and see how it goes.

I didn't do too bad over my 3-day weekend. I didn't do great either. I took the kids to a birthday party Saturday and I had pizza and cake. I took the kids to a movie on Sunday and I had popcorn. BUT I ate very, very light the rest of the time and I went to zumba Sunday and Monday. The community center was closed for the holiday so we had a 'booty battle' with a small town not far away and it was a lot of fun. I missed it last year because I was still new to zumba, but it was the third annual booty battle on MLK day so apparently it's becoming a tradition

The scale was down a little this morning, but we will see how the official weigh in on Friday goes.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/140

Hey y'all!!

Weighed in yesterday at 229. Work is so crazy right now I'm not surprised I only lost half a pound this week, I haven't been to the gym as much as I wanted and my eating hasn't been great either, made some bad choices and then kind of let it go when I saw my girlfriends on the weekend....back to it this week for sure!!

Don't even have time to say a proper hello to y'all! But congrats to those losing and hope to catch up with y'all later in the week!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #288  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up

Today is my official weigh-in, still at 230, but again, I am so happy not to see 235 that I am actually . My next goal is ambitious but I want to try and get as close to 225 as I can by the end of January, then I would be ecstatic. I am refining my workout plan again, and yeah it feels like I do this every week , but I am trying to ensure that I maintain my weight loss.

akelly728, JennyT to 220-230!! We all need the support and excitement. I wish you well on your journeys to a new you .

wannaskipandlaugh Since you have been in this thread, you have been on , lol, you had a nice whoosh

Calypso214 I'm going to be rooting for you, because I don't know how I would respond mentally and emotionally to all that you have gone through. You are still positive about your journey and that is a great first step .

mandydawn77 You sound like such a great mommy! I think if you keep up with the kids, losing weight won't be so hard. And the Annual Booty Battle sounds like fun .

nikitanix Time spent with my girlfriends are the best way to get off track with calories. If it isn't calories from , it's calories from eating out. I need to get me some chunky friends...more sympathy for my current plight .
Old 01-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 240/231/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Thanks, Marli! And, bravo for your weight loss! I'm NEVER going to say, "I only lost..." That picture says it all!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #290  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

"This is what's Different" .... Would like to recomend this thread as this is wonderful to read. Very good!

HAPPY HUMP DAY TO YOU ALL!

I have a little bounce back from my whoosh week.. .6 up to 238.4... but still in the 230's so happy (tho I ate the exact same thing that I ate on Monday when I lost .2 lbs so - Very Strange) Oh well.. it is what it is!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.... safe in all this cold and snow!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 01-22-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #291  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Wow, what a great group of people here Happy to be here and working my way down! 237.2...only 17.2 pounds to go! LOL

Wannaskipandlaugh, thanks! I love that- whoosh week! Man, I am pulling for one of those!

rebelle, you are absolutely right!! I never thought about it being further from 300. I never got above 260's but man, to think I'm on the lower end of the 200's, that helps put this into perspective

mandydawn, good luck on your official weigh in! Being able to have moderation and not let the "off plan eating" turn into every meal or days of binging is awesome! I admire you for that!

niki, thats still great!! When work is so crazy I always struggle. These past 2-3 weeks I have really focused hard and been able to juggle tough deadlines and stress along with staying somewhat on track! I've only lost 4 pounds since Jan 1 however I have gone through so much already for 3 weeks with loss of a loved one, relationship issues with a friend, my mom getting sick, etc. So tough...but will eventually settle out and I'll be smaller than when it started!

Marli, love your avatar! I lost 1 pound yesterday and when I saw that on the scale this am I was a little bummed. Your picture really helps me to see what that 1 pound looked like! Thanks!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #292  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I thought I'd let everyone know about my happy today. I jumped on the scale today not expecting much excitement from the scale at all, thinking more about the piles of snow outside and where my dog could walk without drowning in snow . But I got really excited to see 229, I mean really excited, and that took me by surprise because I didn't expect that. Honestly, even if tomorrow it bounces back up, I'm fine, because I know I can get there. So cheers to the 220's, because today I love you, I adore you, and I respect you........at least for now..........because tomorrow I'm whooping your !

Old 01-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #293  

YAY Marli! That's great...I can't wait to get there, too! 7 more lbs until 229....but, breaking the "big 3-0 Mark" is huge!

Just curious...how often does everyone weigh? Every day...or, every week?
Old 01-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #294  

Hey! I just realized that it's only 5 lbs (not 7) until 229! Woohoo! :-)
Old 01-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #295  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Way to go Marli!! That's so cool, I can't wait to see 229!

Calypso, I weigh every day just bc that helps me to stay accountable each day. A lot of ppl prefer not to bc of the crazy fluctuations.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #296  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelly728 View Post
Way to go Marli!! That's so cool, I can't wait to see 229!

Calypso, I weigh every day just bc that helps me to stay accountable each day. A lot of ppl prefer not to bc of the crazy fluctuations.
Thanks, Kelly! I'm trying to decide which is best for me...my spirits still tend to rise and fall with the scale. But, it DOES keep one accountable! Thanks for weighing in!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #297  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Well it's not my official weigh-in, but today the scale showed 236. It briefly showed 235, but then immediately jumped back up. I will just have to wait and see what it says tomorrow, but if it stays at 236 that's 3 pounds down from last Friday and I'm happy with that. I only lost 1 pound last week so that's a vast improvement. Still not back to my lowest weigh in before the holidays though.

I hate to not catch up with everyone, but I have too much work to get to this morning. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I am a daily weigher as well - helps keep me on track. I know that I fluctuate so I don't get stressed if I don't see the number I am hoping for. Today I was down another pound but official weigh in is Tuesday for me. On track for a good loss this week Stay focused everyone!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/140

Marli, love your avatar, that is such a great picture! Like Calypso says, there’s no ‘only a pound’ when you see that! I think I got diet amnesia over the weekend…I’m paying the price for it now! My girlfriends are great but yeah I could sure do with some in the same boat as me! And…….Welcome to the 220s!!! Wooo!!!

akelly – I want a whoosh week too! Last week was more of a crawl week… Sorry to hear about your tough start to the year, hope you’re ok

mandydawn, 3lbs since Friday is great! That’s three of those handfuls right there in Marli’s avatar!!

Calypso, I weigh in once a week as I’m more of a saver like that – I prefer to see a ‘big’ jump and get more motivated by that than little ones. I’m the same with my savings account!

Well done JennyT!!

Doing much better these last couple days, feeling more motivated and I realized I stopped being so vigilant with the keeping track of calories and weighing food so I'm going to get back on that more carefully. I think it's all about finding a balance and I was lacking that these last couple weeks with my work schedule then I relaxed a little too hard on the weekend! I went to the gym last night and feel much better for it and hope to go tonight too!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #300  

Thanks, everyone for your comments! It's lovely to wake up to encouragement and tips! And...bravo to everyone for moving the scale downward (no matter how little)...

I think I'm going to be a once-a-week weighed...at least for now. I think having the psychological boost of a larger loss (hopefully, a loss and NOT a gain) will be helpful at keep the momentum going!

Another question to throw out! What diet (lifestyle change) have you had the most success with? Right now, I'm not on anything specific...just sticking to 1200 calories...cutting out sugar, white bread, white rice, white potatoes (sooooooo hard for me!)...and 30 minutes of exercise at least 6 days a week.

Again, thanks for the support! It's great!
Closed Thread