Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

ainslie - I am so sorry to hear about that. You have my sympathies.

Mandy - pecan pie is one of my weaknesses too. Come to think of it, I didn't even partake in a piece this year either, which is weird since I adore my grandmothers. I ended up out of time in cooking mine. I ate enough of everything else though to make up for it. I cooked another sweet potato pie for my dad, who suddenly remembered it's his favorite pie, and I knew there was no point in logging until it was gone and thankfully, he finished it off Saturday. Sweets are a huge derailment for me every single time. LOL - I took after my dad and my granddad for sure.

Nagazim - I third the advice on staying with Paleo if it makes you feel better. As long as the baby is getting enough nutrients, what does it matter if you lose weight?

Rebelle - grats on the loss! I've come to the conclusion, it'll take as long as it'll take. It's heading in the right direction and that's all that should matter!

Okay, now that I've got some time to catch up, glad you all had a good Thanksgiving!

We're doing a b-day party at work today, but lady requested homemade veggie soup and chicken salad sandwiches. I can handle that. No sweets! Woot! My boss does the chicken salad and it's a recipe that's pretty low cal, so I'm happy there too. It's nice to participate again.

So far so good this week. No major derailments and slowly getting back into the gym thing. Now to survive Christmas.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #152  

Grats on sticking to it Rebelle! My treat days are usually Saturday, but I think this weekend I'm going to skip it due to have an entire treat week last week. :|

So far so good. Back to 231 today. YAY! Here's hoping Saturday brings good news.

I'm majorly missing my cat today. My husband is ready to adopt a new one and I am to an extent, mostly because I love cats, but we're moving at the end of January and I just don't think it's fair to get one adjusted to our current place only to uproot it again. We still have one, and I know this sounds horrible and crazy, but..... we inherited her and she's just not my cat. She's a great cat and I really like her, but I haven't bonded at all. The only person she's really a huge fan of is my dad and he's rarely around. But my husband loves her so she gets plenty of lovings. I do feel bad I haven't quite taken with her yet. She's a tortoise shell like my cat that just passed, and every time she runs by I think for a minute it's Chibi, and then realize.....

Sorry to go off on a tangent. Stupid hormones.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #153  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Ficklehearts. I am in the same spot as you are. My cat died in June and we adopted a cat and she is just not my cat. She is a nice cat but she it not Bennie.

228.5 today. Yippee. I am working for 225 by the 19th, I do not know if I can do it but I am working hard. If I can do it by Christmas that would be great.

Hope you have a great OP day.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #154  

Oh god, weepy. I know exactly what you mean. This time of month I cry at everything and it's so annoying. My husband makes fum of me which only aggravates me more LOL.

I don't really take the whole day on treat day. I let myself have something I don't have during the week, like fried food or fast food. And if that meal wasn't too horrible, I'll go through DQ and get a blizzard. I tend to be more active than normal on Saturday, so it balances out by the end. Most days, not all, and when it doesn't I don't worry too much. Other than the blizzard, I stay away from sweets mainly. Ice cream doesn't make me binge like other things for some reason. Considering it's 80 outside right now, December is still ice cream weather for us, right?

Grats on the will power coming back! Monday was hard, but yesterday and today it's back to normal. I've started going to the gym on my lunch break instead of after work. MUWAHHAHHAHA My coworkers are going to get annoyed with my smelly after gym self.

Grats LosetoAll! I bet you'll be out of here by 2014 as well. That's awesome!

I am sorry to hear about your cat too. Maybe for both of us it'll just take some time to bond with our others. Yang is a sweet cat and deserves a lot of love, so I'm hoping time will help heal.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #155  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

Checking in today. I was pretty bummed at what appeared to be a major stall with even a bit of a gain. But, today I just had to weigh in early and I was at 220. I am hopeful I will be under 200 by the weekend.

I haven't weighed 220 in about 15 years...it is really wild! I am having trouble seeing the changes but, everyone around me is noticing.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Hey all, I hope everyone enjoyed their thanksgiving! I can sympathize with those of you who have had a gain after the start of the holidays, I'm in the same boat.
Two weeks ago I weighed 233.9 (YES!), one week ago I weighed in at 237.7, and today I weighed in at 236.3.
I know two weeks ago I was so busy I barely had time to eat or drink anything so I had a near 4 lb loss that week. I'm guessing that's why when I started eating normally again, I shot up quite a bit in weight. That, in addition to being back home for the holidays, which has meant going out to eat with family. Despite the eating out and whatnot, I'm happy to see my weight has still dropped some, just wish I could get back down to 234 and hopefully see the 220s soon. Reaching 230 will be my first minigoal of 50 lbs lost and I can't wait to get there.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #157  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

I've realized that the key to my weight loss is a fitbit. It makes me want to track food (work gives me an extra 400 cals) and be more active. So I have been on plannish for the fast few days. Still at 233. Last week before TOM I was 244. So I am guessing that was water weight
Old 12-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #158  

Fitbit helps me too Daimere. Today I got 10k steps just cleaning my house! Wow... makes me kinda ashamed of my house LOL.

Eating wise, too busy cleaning to do much so ended up going to Wendy's. But I'm within my calories so all's good. So far no joy on the scale this weekend as hoped. Not sure what's up with that, but oh well.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #159  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Fitbit helps me too Daimere. Today I got 10k steps just cleaning my house! Wow... makes me kinda ashamed of my house LOL.
I need to do a good scrub down of everything in my house! Things are everywhere, half packed, half put away. Maybe that should be Monday night's goal! My nights off are always hard to get my steps in. I just got 20k at work from midnight to midnight. So I did about 10k since I have came to work. But it resets at midnight. So I am sitting pretty at 4k.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #160  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

My weight has been up and down since Thanksgiving. I forgot to weigh this morning, but yesterday I was at 236.2. Saturday I was 238! Due to the weather/road conditions they cancelled zumba class on Thursday, but she made it up on Friday so I was happy about that. I did my zumba yesterday and will go again tonight. I'm trying to get back to logging in all my food. I used to not only keep track of calories, but also WW points. It got to be such a pain, so now I'm trying to at least keep track of everything on MFP and I can always go back and figure up the points if I want to. My jeans were looser in the waist this morning so that's a good sign, except I had to really cinch up my belt or else they will fall all the way down now lol.

Congrats Buffielynn - I can't wait to see 220!

ficklehearts - Don't worry all your hard work will eventually show on the scale.

daimere - Wow 244 to 233 in a week that's a big jump!

I usually see the dramatic drops in weight when I switch weight loss plans. I've been considering alternating some really low carb days in because I know low carb works for me. I don't really want to go so strict again on a regular basis because my nails really show the lack of nutrients when I go really low carb and they are just now back to normal again since I switched to WW's in September.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #161  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Up 2 lbs to 232 from splurge day on Sunday. Will do 5:2 fast day today. Hopefully that will knock down the pounds again. But I just keep fighting with the same 2 lbs for about 3-4 weeks. Thanksgiving thrown in there too.

Was going to have squash today and got it out and it was all moldy. I wasn't expecting that so I have to find something else to eat.

Do not have to go to husband's family party on Thursday. He has to work. Excellent outcome for me. No problems with holiday food and I don't have to put on a happy pretend face for them. I have social anxiety and too many people makes things really bad for me. So I am really relieved.

Mandy. I use MFP too. It is an amazing tool. I use it religiously. Logging twice WW and calories would be a pain. MFP sounds like the way to go. Congrats on the 2 lbs.

Hope all are well. Have a great day.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #162  
Hooping my Life Away

I don't like WW mobile app and parts are fiddly. Plus fitbit connects to MFP. Therefore I log on mfp.

Quote:
daimere - Wow 244 to 233 in a week that's a big jump!
It was right before TOM and I was still eating like crazy. If I am watching what I eat, I hold steady and then plunge after tom. I am really greatful for it cause I really was going to be depressed if I was back in the 240. My emotions have been very sporadic lately. I got a new cat and burst into tears on Saturday thinking I made a mistake.

Today I was 234.2. I've logged 4 days onto MFP and on work days I've made sure I've hit 10k steps.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #163  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffieLynn View Post
Checking in today. I was pretty bummed at what appeared to be a major stall with even a bit of a gain. But, today I just had to weigh in early and I was at 220. I am hopeful I will be under 200by the weekend.

I haven't weighed 220 in about 15 years...it is really wild! I am having trouble seeing the changes but, everyone around me is noticing.

Well..just checking in. I did notice in my last post I stated I hoped to be under 200 by the weekend...MAJOR typo! I meant under 220. But, alas I didn't get under but didn't gain either.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #164  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I noticed your typo buffielynn, but I knew what you meant I think not gaining is still a big accomplishment.

daimere - I'm too cheap to pay for the actual WW app so I just downloaded a couple of free ones until I found one I like. I did go to the meeting and buy their start up kit and a couple of the actual WW calculators. What I really need to get is a food scale - I almost bought one from the meeting, but I knew I could get one cheaper at walmart. Anyway, I've had some pretty big drops during TOM also so I know what you mean.

I remembered to weigh this morning, but it was all over the place. I usually only weigh once, but I had some really thick fuzzy socks on because it's so cold and I decided after I weighed the first time to take them off (I know it's silly to think it would really make a difference lol). The first time I think it said 234.2, then I got back on without the socks and its said 233.0, then I had to check again because there's no way they weigh that much, and the last time it said 234.0, so I'll go with that. I'm happy to just finally be back down to my lowest weigh in so far. It seemed like it took forever just to get back to it. Oh, then I get to work and one of my fellow coworkers left everyone a big container of homemade goodies on our desks!!! I already ate horrible last night and I sure don't need all these goodies sitting here tempting me all day long. I didn't eat enough calories yesterday before zumba and by the end of zumba my stomach hurt so bad from hunger that I thought I was gonna get sick. I practically ran to the vending machine afterwards and got a pack of peanuts. I sat in my car in the parking lot chowing on peanuts praying it would hurry up and make the hunger pangs go away. I was still hungry so I decided to pick up pizza on the way home (kids are out of school due to the weather so I reasoned with myself that it would be something they could easily eat for lunch today while home alone). My son has been begging for us to build a fire in the fireplace to make smores, so he finally got his way last night. Not only did I eat pizza, but I ate two smores and they were so good! According to MFP I still didn't go over on my calories because of my hour long zumba class. I won't be surprised if I gain a couple of pounds in the next day or two from eating all that. I better get to work before my boss gets onto me lol. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #165  

Checking in..... Still at 230.

I've kinda had some issues this past weekend with food. Hershey kisses are evil. I'm just sayin'.

I ate somewhere close to 2200 calories on Sunday LOL, probably more if I'm honest. I don't have a clue why I did it. I just went on a the heck with it attitude. Got back to things yesterday, would have been perfect, but those stupid little silver wrapped kisses. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I have a bowl of them on my desk and haven't once wanted a single one until my hubby brought a bag home. Now when I get home, right before bed I crave them like crazy.

All's good I guess. I think I'm going to try a new plan and shake things up. I was considering WW's but don't want to shell out the money for it and there are no local meetings. Calorie counting is free, but it's getting tedious and I'm not really seeing any results. Of course, I'm kinda all over the place the last few weeks too, so maybe I just need to be a little more patient and really cut out the junk for a while. I've been a little stressed between work and final exams, so I think that's where my slips are stemming from if I dig deep.

Ugh, so ready for Christmas to be over. I'm taking a break next semester, thank goodness. Full time job + two classes ='s no time for anything else. It'll be nice to have a few months of not worrying about homework and grades.

Grats to staying under Mandy. Pizza would do me in every time LOL. And grats to being at your lowest weight!

I'm supposed to be getting my cat this week Daimere, but I haven't heard from the shelter yet. I'm sure you can give the one you have lots of love and you made a good decision.

TOM makes me weepy and an emotional train wreck. So happy it's over, although my normal weight drop didn't happen. I'm thinking Thanksgiving really did me in worse than I thought LOL. I really have to buckle down this week and get it together.
Closed Thread