Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hey everybody. I'm blaming the weekend of cravings to TOM. It's Monday and I'm back on track. Weight today was 225.6. Hopefully it will be back down in a couple days.

MAGGIE - I go to the gym Monday - Friday. On M, W, F I do a weight circuit and T and Th I do the elliptical ( less impact on knees).

I've also started back with doing the Wii Just Dance with my DD in the morning b4 school. Hopefully I'll go back to watching the lbs fall off. I finally measured myself after about 2-3 mths of not. I've lost 11" off my belly I'm not going to measure my body fat until the 18th. One, its TOM and two, I can't find the machine
Old 02-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #362  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

The scale is stuck and it's getting really annoying. I know I have got to start logging my food intake better so that I can see what I'm doing wrong. I'm starting to wonder if some of the medicine changes my rheumatologist made are possibly making a difference as well. I don't know, but I do know when I get discouraged it can get ugly because I get that "who cares" attitude and just eat what I want. I have to get a handle on this before I get to that point. I know the problem has to be calorie intake because I know I haven't slacked off on my exercise. I know where some of the excess calories came from. A lady here at work brought in these okra chips at our last potluck and she told everyone they were freeze dried and had like no calories, so we were all pigging out on them. Big mistake. I knew they were too good to be healthy lol. I went and paid big bucks to get some at Reasors and they don't have any nutritional values listed, so I decided to search online. They are not just freeze dried okra, they are fried. The ones I found on Amazon were like 4.5 fat grams per ounce. Now I have some sitting at home and, even though I refuse to let them go to waste because they are outrageously expensive, I have to really limit myself and not overeat them. I informed the lady here at work that they are not calorie free like she thought. I should have known that a snack that great couldn't be calorie free lol.

rebelle - I'm trying to hang in there, but some days are harder than others.

mara - Good to see you here! Some days the plank seems easier than others. Today I didn't break a sweat, which is unusual for me. It seems like the longest 2 minutes of your life though. If you want time to slow down just get in the plank position and watch the clock, it practically stops I read somewhere that it strengthens your lower back, but I don't know if it's true. I know my lower ab muscles sure are sore afterward.

I better get my stuff ready to go. I want to get to zumba as early as possible, before someone steals my spot. I got there 10 minutes early yesterday and it was so crowded I had to go all the way to the other end of the gym to find a spot. These new people don't seem to understand that we all have our spots lol.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 256/211/136

Height: 5'2"

I was 237 this morning! I teach school and we have a snow day, so I am going to tackle cleaning my closet! I am going to organize by sizes....I swear, I could open a store! I am going to store the clothes in garbage bags and when I get out of a size, I am going to open a new bag....and donate the old "fat" clothes! I think this will motivate me and also keep me from backsliding into larger clothes. What do you think?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #364  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Hi Ionmoon!

Ainslie that is an amazing NSV! I have not taken my measurements in awhile. I don't think I am doing it right. lol

Thanks Mandy! It is good to finally be here. It took awhile. I got really frustrated in the 240's with the scale not moving. I might give the planking a try. I need to strengthen my lower back and my lower abs could benefit to. LOL

Jodoto I think it is a good idea to donate the clothes that no longer fit. I had some clothes that were basically falling off as soon as I put them on so out they went.

I am at 239.0 this morning.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in at 229.2 this morning, I am a bit shocked! Down 5.6 from last week..?? I have been feeling pretty crappy these last few days and sleeping a lot and not eating as much as I normally do. I am thinking that number will bounce back up a bit. That being said - what I was eating was all healthy and not a lot of processed stuff so that could be part of it as well.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #366  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

I had two NSVs yesterday. First my DH has several pairs of pants that are too big for him. I bought these elastic things that attach to the belt loops and snug up the pants. Anyway yesterday he put o a pair and I as attaching the thingies and there really too much extra material to look good. So I told him to put it in the donate box.....on a whim I took them out and tried them on. THEY FIT!!! Yes, they wereaxlittle too snug cross my hips, but they were zipped and buttoned.

The other is that I ran 5.36 km yesterday on the elliptical in 40 min. Really excited about this one.

Last edited by ainslie; 02-12-2014 at 05:48 AM. Reason: I hate this new autocorrect
Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #367  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and just moved into this thread from the 240's. Looking forward to the journey down!

I weighed in at 236.50 this morning. Weight has been coming off nicely since I started Monday but that's only two days lol. I seem to hold a lot of water weight. Anyways, cheers to losing!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #368  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hello all and Welcome to everyone flying down to this thread! WOOHOO for you! We have the biggest contingency I am thinking... so lets all go forward and invade the 2 teens to Onderland really soon!

I have lost a friend and my heart is aching and my mind is sad... but I need to start on myself again. (Thank you Rebelle for you hug and Marliqq for yours too!) I had gained 9 lbs last week (cookies that really DON'T fill sadness holes) and have lost almost 7 of that and back down to 237.2 and working to get back to that 234.8... Gonna do it!

I have alot of posts to catch up on and will post more later.. but I am so thrilled to see you all here and everyone LOSING! This is going to be a great part of our journey and MARA... I am SOOOOO Proud of you!

Have a great day all!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Thanks Rebelle! Glad to finally be here.

Way to go Anislie on the NSV!!!

Welcome Olivia!

Congrats JennyT!

Sue I am glad to see you back on here. I am very sorry for your loss. I know there are no words to ease the pain, but I just wanted to say you are an amazing inspiring lady and I am here if you need to talk or just vent.

I am up a little today. The usual sodium culprit.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default New here

Hi there!

I'm Donna, and would like to join this thread.

I started at 318 many moons ago (August 2011) and after a heart cath and stent, was determined to change my ways. I did, got down to (low) of 222..but basically hung out in the high 220's until last summer. I got fired from a job I loved because of something very political and unfair, and I just kind of stopped caring so much. I have tons of issues with having a special needs son as well...so it was just sad and overwhelming.

Anyway...I am back. On Jan 1st 2014 I weighed in at 259.8 and this morning I am 236. So I've lost about 20 pounds in 6 weeks. Very pleased to be on the other side of 240! Can't wait to hit 218 (100 pounds!) and then to be in Onderland. I will make it this time.

Here's to healthy bodies, minds and souls. We can!!

Donna
Old 02-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 256/211/136

Height: 5'2"

Hi to everyone! Donna I started Jan 1 at 256 and as of today am 236! We are right there together! I am so excited to be here in this thread and challenge everyone to slide right on through here and meet in teens land! I am almost 1/4 of the way there! I am looking at this as four little 5 pound increments! Good stuff! We are iced in in Atlanta today....They just closed school for tomorrow! See you lighter! Joanie
Old 02-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/140

Mandydawn, a 2 minute plank is great! They are HARD I know, I can barely make it past 30 seconds right now! You’ve inspired me to keep at it though!! And even if the scale isn’t your friend, you’re doing great things for your body with all this exercise, it will thank you later for sure! Haha, I know what you mean about having a spot in the class, I always go at the back right facing the mirror, I’m just drawn there and it bugs me if I have to stand somewhere else!

Thanks rebelle, yes I had a very nice morning with my yoga DVD followed by shopping trip with my girlfriends where I got new boots, a very nice day!!

Nagazim, wow at not gaining an ounce while pregnant! How many months gone are you?

Welcome IonMoon, Donna, Mara and Olivia!!

Great idea Joanie, helping yourself and others! How did the clear-out go?

Well done JennyT – clean eating has paid off, congrats!!!

Ainslie, great 11inches lost off the belly, that’s got to be the hardest place right?! Amazing!! And congrats on the NSVs!!

So sorry to hear about your loss Sue, lots of love and hugs, thinking of you

Weighed in yesterday and was down to 223.3, so that's 2.4 lost since last week, so happy but I have this sinking feeling I will plateau soon, not least because my phentermine script will finish in 2 weeks. But, I am on another forum where women continued to lose without it so I am trying to think positively!!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #373  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Mara: It's good to see you again 239 will be right back on that scale. I literally hate sodium. It screws up my weigh ins every time!

IonMoon: Welcome aboard!

Ainslie: 11 inches off is amazing! Great job!!!! && Congrats on not one but TWO NSVs! I'd love to fit into my hubby's pants. I'm far from it still.

Mandy: Sorry the scale is being stubborn. I've found if I have anything at all off plan, even a tiny taste, my weigh in is ruined. I hope you had fun at Zumba

Jodoto: Way to go getting to 237! I felt so good when I finally cleaned out my closet and rediscovered all sorts of cute things I had forgotten about. The really awesome part was that they actually fit again! I hope you feel cleansed and have a nice charity pile stocked.

JennyT: Awesome loss for just 2 days! I bet they just keep melting away

Sue: I'm so sorry about your loss. Grief is an ugly thing no matter what we choose to do. Just don't take it out on yourself. You may have just need a little time to refocus. It's great to see you again!

Rebelle: I do low carb too and must watch every calorie. I'm not as strict as I probably should be since I'm currently pregnant, but I know how easily I get out of hand when I go heavy on my carbs. It just makes me want to eat everything in the house!

Donna: Welcome! Sometimes we just have to step away and get our head back together. Glad you're back and didn't let life's obstacles ruin your journey

nikitanix: Way to go on the loss! I love loss weeks I'm currently just over 19 weeks and hoping to either maintain or drop a couple pounds during this pregnancy. My dr is supervising me since He thinks it's amazing how differently this pregnancy is going compared to my last (at this point I was approaching 30+ lbs gained then). It's amazing what a little willpower can do!

AFM: I went a little nuts with exercise over the weekend. We got our first snow so me and my 4 yr old had a blast + walking the treadmill + doing my Walk Away the Pounds DVD had me feeling sore and stiff. I'm hoping to keep my exercise in better check so I don't end up hurting myself. It was so much fun playing with him and I don't regret it a bit

This week my goal is no cheaty foods at all. I want to stay focused and just eat on plan. My husband has begun Crossfit this week so he's a lot more on board with sticking with Paleo and not bringing home ice cream (again).
Old 02-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #374  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the welcomes ladies!

Donna and Joanie, soooo yeaaaaah, ummm, I'd like to know what you are doing to lose over 20 pounds in six weeks!! OMG that is outstanding!!! Congrats! I'm 236 (and a half lol) right now too so I'm jumping on your bandwagon lol.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Default Thanks!!

Thanks for being so kind and welcoming!! Look forward to getting to know you all in the weeks to come.

I knew I'd lose pretty rapidly at first. I gained quite a bit over the holidays, and for me that kind of weight comes off pretty quickly.

Now the work begins...because I'm getting close to the place that is kind of a "set point" and it will be inching along (hahaha...no pun intended)

Yep Joanie...we're about at the same place!

Planning on starting to walk laps on Monday (indoor track at a church close by) Need to start exercising this old body. ; )

Stay warm and dry.

Donna
Closed Thread