Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

GRATS MANDY!

I wish my company would do a Biggest Loser thing. I think a healthy competition might be good for us here and would definitely curb all the eating we do. Awesome job with the $180!

I was in a size 10 very briefly LOL. It did not last long sadly. In school I was always 12-16. I'm currently an 18/16 and my highest was a 22. I could probably fit into some 16's but I'm going to refrain from buying anymore clothes until I get to the lower 200's, despite all my pants being so baggy I need suspenders.

I'm amused today. I'm wearing the one pair of pants that's not baggy and I'm getting lots of compliments on my weight loss. Those that were trying to force feed me are now saying I was right in not eating. Sadly, the scale still has not budged. I hate mother nature at times.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #137  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

Go Mandy!!

That is AWESOME!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

I thought I would go ahead and join back in on the forum! I was back in the 250s/60s thread back in August, but got a bit too busy with school starting back up for me. Anyway, I'm excited to be back and exchange thoughts with everyone which is always helpful!
My weekly weigh in on Friday was 233.9. I am SO close to my first mini goal of 50lbs down that I can almost taste it!!! I wish those 4 lbs would drop off faster!
I've been thinking about trying to go low / no carb even though I don't know if I can stick with it for too long. Any carb lovers here trying to go carb free?
Old 11-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #139  

Welcome back levoguette!

230 this morning. I was ecstatically happy considering I had my cheat day yesterday and boy howdy did I cheat LOL. Wendys, a mocha, fried chicken tenders and fries, chilli cheese fries. I don't even see how I could have dropped with all that salt! But I'll take it and run.

I will not make my 220's by T-day goal, but that's okay. As soon as mother nature does her thing, I bet I'll see a woosh.

Hope you all had a great weekend. 3 days of work for me and then off for four. I'm so excited about Thanksgiving!

Last edited by FickleHearts; 11-26-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #140  
Crusin' into a new me

Checking it...weekend ending but but just like Fickle I have a 3 day work week!

Have a great week all!

Best Whooshes!

- b
Old 11-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 255/231/150

Hi everyone! I'm joining in, but I hope I won't be here for too long! I know that a lot of you feel the same!

I love reading about all your accomplishments and I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving.

Frances
Old 11-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #142  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I have not been on track this week. I took the week off work and I have not been following my WW plan. I'm going to try really hard today to have a light day since I do plan on having a big thanksgiving meal tomorrow. I cannot let myself get derailed throughout the holiday season, that is how I gained back 25 pounds last year. I let myself go completely off plan around the holidays and never got back on plan until June 14th. I have got to keep my eye on the prize this time. At the very least I'd like to stay under 240 through the rest of the year and then we are starting a new weight loss challenge at work starting January. I'm still making it to all my zumba classes. I think my family is getting really irritated because they seem to think I should skip it occasionally for this or that and I really put up a fight not to miss. I got the schedule for December and I wasn't happy to see there are 3 classes that are cancelled. I'm hoping she will find a substitute teacher for at least one of them the week before christmas. I knew we wouldn't have class on christmas obviously, but two classes are cancelled the week before and I'm not sure why.

I wasn't happy with my weigh in this morning - 238.6. Hopefully the gain is just water weight because I don't think I've been eating enough to have actually gained weight. I have been trying to keep it under control somewhat. My cravings were bad last night and I talked myself into just going to bed instead of late night snacking. I hate those nights where I have major cravings. I'm planning on taking the kids to the movies in a little bit and I'm sure I will probably have some popcorn. All I've had is my coffee with half n half so far this morning so I better have some protein before we head to the movies so I'm not starving.

The holidays always stress me out and I tend to eat more when I'm stressed. My ex's sister called the other day and I still haven't returned the call. I hope my ex doesn't come by unexpectedly like he did last year. He doesn't call or check on the kids or try to help at all, but every other year or so he pops in at the holidays. Last year he really made me mad. He's turned into such a jerk. If his mom were still alive she would be so ashamed of how he's turned out. My christmas wish is that he will not show his face around here.

Hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #143  

This week has been horrible for me food wise. And a little bit family wise too.

I've been so good and then this week hit. My Aunt is shunning my dad, so my dad has no where to go for Thanksgiving. We've decided to cook at our house which means, I've been nominated to cook at our house. I started off with a red velvet cake, thinking I'd get the sweets out of the way first. I ended up eating two pieces before realizing I had to get it out of the house. Gave it to a friend. I did good yesterday, up until my co-worker gave me a chocolate pie. I ended up eating half of it. No one else even likes chocolate pie, so I threw it away because obviously, I can't handle sweets in the house at all now. I made two sweet potato pies only to be told my dad isn't a fan of those, so I gave them to my grandma but not before eating a piece this morning. They are gone now, so that's a small relief.

He only wants a pecan pie now, and that's totally doable. I'll bake it tomorrow after the turkey just so I don't have something else to tempt me just sitting around.

Half a frikkin pie? WTH... I don't even know why I did that. I felt absolutely miserable going to bed last night and even worse this morning when I woke up. I don't want to binge at all right now I'm looking forward to my salad, but boy when I get home all I want is sweets! So much for plans...

I'm not even depressed. I'm just ticked off at myself. So happy when this week is over and done with. I'm not even going to bother with the scale until at least Sun. And I'm sure it'll be a gain, but at this point, I wish it would be a slap in the face to get me back to a reasonable state.

Hope you all have a great holiday! I'm just going to try and survive mine LOL.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #144  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Ficklehearts. Your post is my life during the holidays. It made me laugh because I am so glad I am not alone. Went to the movie today and ate a whole thing of Kettlecorn popcorn. It is only 2:00 and I have eaten all my calories for the day.

Tomorrow I have my food all planned already and even called to ask if we are having a favorite noodle salad of mine to budget for calories. Thank goodness no we are not having it this Thanksgiving.

Was 230 this morning and I wanted to be below 230 before Thanksgiving. Well best laid plans right. I would be happy to stay the same during this holiday weekend but I can not see that happening.

Mandydawn The holidays stress me out too. And I eat as a way to comfort myself. I am skipping my parents this year but I still have to go to the in-laws for dinner. 18 people and no where to sit. Not looking forward to it. Why does it have to be so hard. P.S. Have you thought about DVD Zumba at home?

Well hope you are all well, have a great rest of the day.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 255/231/150

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that all of you have a wonderful time and make lots of happy memories with your friends and family.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #146  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Nagazim.. I am so glad you checked in.. I was wondering how you are doing. I am sorry that food does not sound good to your body right now.. but that will pass! I just want to say congratulations again. Are you feeling different this time around (pregnancy)? Do you feel healthier starting? Just wondering as you were so "on it" before this miracle occured Just wanted to send you a hug!

Hey Sue sorry I'm late to reply. I have felt very yuck for the past few weeks. I got pretty burnt out on the dieting mindset while pregnant. Having some ppl supporting me, others saying I'm selfish to diet while pregnant. While my ultimate goal is to continue to drop the weight, I wasn't talking about starving myself. Some ppl are crazy.

Shortly after I found out I'm pregnant, cravings started popping up. Now whether they're true cravings or my mind reminding me if what I enjoyed previously, idk. So I decided to go off Paleo surrounding our holiday. So for 2 weeks I ate fairly healthy but enjoyed thanksgiving. Big mistake. I have full body acne/rash, horrible digestive issues, and my whole body was aching. Needless to say we're back to eating Paleo and feeling better again. We just know this is right for us.

I'll try to check in more frequently. Our computer is down and the phone screen confuses me sometimes. I hope everyone else is doing well. Stay strong with the holiday parties to come!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #147  

Hi everyone. Checking in. I'm back up to 233, ugh, but I figured I'd gain after the way I pigged out last week.

Hope you all had a great holiday!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #148  
Crusin' into a new me

Hi all,

Checking in...up a pound back to 225 after the holiday week. I am thankful it isn't worse...that I expected.

Kind of in a funk emotionally but pushy through and trying to not get discouraged. I lve reading your encouraging words and stories
Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

I'm back guys. Unfortunately the baby didn't develop, I had a blighted ovum. Took some time to wrap my head around it and am ok now. So weighted in this moring at 235.6. Time to get back on track. I'd like to be inder my pre-preggo weight by xmas. Wish me luck.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #150  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

236.4 this morning. I was at 238 the other day, so at least it's heading back down. I have not been doing good on my diet since the holidays, but I am really trying to get back on track. The problem is that I've gotten lazy about logging my food and that really messes me up. Trying to keep track in my head does not work and I know it, but yet I still haven't been faithful to logging each item like I was doing. We just went out to a buffet for Thanksgiving and of course I ate too much, but the desserts were no good. I didn't get the pecan pie that I wanted and so I am really disappointed about that. Maybe I will have some for Christmas. I haven't missed any zumba classes, still love it, but my zumba buddy has not been going at all lately. Money is an issue for her right now and unfortunately I can't afford to pay for her or I would.

ficklehearts - I can so relate to your issue with desserts in the house. I'm usually too weak to resist them as well. If there was a pecan pie in the house I would probably eat half of it and make myself sick lol. I'm glad you didn't gain as much as you thought you might.

losetoall - I can relate - I took the kids to the movies last week and ate way too much popcorn and went over on my calories for that day.

nagazim - Don't let people get you down. If you feel better eating paleo then by all means you should continue. The only thing that matters is that you and the baby are healthy and I don't see anything wrong with losing weight while pregnant.

rebelle - Congrats on the new low! You're stronger than I am when it comes to weighing in. I'm pretty much a daily weigher. I might miss a day or two here and there, but generally I weigh each morning.

ainslie - I'm so sorry about your loss

Hope you all are having a good week so far and getting back on track after the holiday week. Hopefully we can all stay strong through the holidays and continue our weight loss. I still have a couple of pounds to go to get back to my lowest weigh in, but I'm determined to get back to it and go down from there.
Closed Thread