Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Snowboundchick -- I had no idea what an aerogarden was so I googled it. What a cool device. I have a greenhouse that I can actually heat, and I've thought about putting in containers to grow fresh herbs and lettuce through the winter, but this would bring some other fresh veggies into the mix. I miss the summer time when I just go out and pick a salad from the garden.

Silent -- the ticker will come back down as you do sound like you've got your head on straight in terms of wanting to get this done -- and I think that's a huge part of the effort. Good luck the rest of this week.

The puppy is definitely keeping me up and moving around as I go to check on what's he's doing when it gets too quiet. He's a sweetheart!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey Guys,

So incredibly stressed, and am tempted to stress eat. I know that's bad though but you're sort of limited when its work. I ate a cucumber earlier. Which isn't excessive i didn't have anything on it. And a couple peices of string cheese, that was breakfast. lunch is yoghurt I'm sorta outa food at work and no time to run to the store i'm making do, no the most balanced approach I know but better than breaking down and ordeirng takeout from next door (i might do that mid afternoon, they have a lovely salad that comes with grilled salmon , I figure if I really want to splurging on that isn't the worst thing ever..)
Old 10-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

SilentArctic -- sorry you're so stressed. It is incredibly difficult to remain on plan when stressed, but your choices so far will not hurt you -- in fact, it's all "good for you" food. And the salad sounds healthy unless they put some really heavy dressing on it. Hang in there.

I'm working on finding sweet and salty substitutes -- my two downfalls in life. I have discovered that while I love chocolate, ice cream and chips, that it's really the tastes of the sweet and salty. So, I've found some low cal options and am hunting for more.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #454  

Rough weekend dietwise, i pretty much was lazy too. I am coughing so I think my body is still trying to fight something which is driving me nutty. I feel 'okay' otherwise although the stressors are still adding up. But thought I should say "Hi" and maintain a presense. Even if I'm pretty sure I'm not maintaining my weight (not willing to step on a scale and verify that today)...
Old 11-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #455  

Feeling no motivation right now Need to find it again.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #456  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey there, silentarctic, we miss you on the 300+ Chat thread... =sad face=

I just brought up the subject of cravings on that thread—accepting them, dealing with them, etc.—and I posted a long list of things I do when a craving hits. You might be interested...

I also cross-posted the topic and my list as a new thread "Cravings...let's talk about 'em" in the general 300+ section. You could also join in there...

Just FYI... =smile=
Old 11-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #457  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

SilentArctic - How are you doing? I too am so lost on motivation. I want to do it but I just CAN'T seem to. It seems too much of a task when life has all these other variables to juggle.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #458  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Hey ladies! how are you all doing?

I'm chugging along. I still have not lost anyway but I am feeling so good and losing inches from the exercise. I am eating less and better so I'm not sure why it' snot coming off. Probably the diabetes, so I don't know. I'm working with a trainer again, she's got me doing intervals to get my heart rate up, I"m at the gym 4 days a week and walking everyday now. Now I just need to start yoga or pilates.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #459  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey girls! I've been super busy and off the forums for a while, but I'd like to check in and say hi and see how you're all doing.

I've not been consistent with my diet but I have been consistently exercising everyday. Last week I started from the top again with my diet, making a plan for the next few months. I weighed in at 314.2 lbs. I'm down 3 lbs. as of this morning.

I should be happy with his progress, but I am facing being very impatient with myself right now, and I figured out that I have ridiculous expectations of myself. I want to get everything done all at once this year, and every year, for years! I want to finish school and lose all this weight and expand my business and get my oldest son off to college and finish remodeling my mother's house and...I'm ridiculous!

I need to scale back on my expectations, way back! I think for this year I only need to concentrate on managing my weight loss and general health. My son is 21 and will figure things out for himself. Mom's house is almost done, and I'm the one driving that schedule. I can slow it down to a pace that won't ramp up my stress levels or get in the way of my weight loss plans. And I've decided that I'm not going to expand my business or keep going to school until I lose the weight and find a way to maintain an optimum level of wellness. My health must be priority one now.

More joy, good health and better sleep in 2014!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #460  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Ladies,

I am struggling with keeping up the motivation to get into the 300's. I am at about 330 now. I have lost about half of the weight I would like to but suddenly the journey seems soooo long. How about others who are wanting to get below 300? What do you do for motivation?

Dee
Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #461  

Commitment and look how far you have come, this is what keeps me going. I've made so many changes but I'm not seeing a number on the scale move. What I am seeing is my energy is up, my mood is good, my body is shrinking, I just have to keep at it and be consistent, that is the hardest thing for me. It's a lifestyle change and that is going to take a long time to undo the years and years of for lack of a better way to put it, neglect to my body. But I'm come so far and I can keep going! You can too!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #462  

S/C/G: 364/352/180

Height: 5'5

Unhappy A long road ahead

We'll here I am, 28 years old and 350lbs... I feel like crap regardless of how many times my bf and friends tell me how pretty I am. This year is about working on me and eating healthier. I just don't know where to start!! I am considering cutting out carbs for a month to kick start this... Any suggestions?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #463  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Dee, I don't have a problem with motivation. My problem is fear! Every time I get very close to 300 lbs., I eat up and gain some back. Then I start feeling really heavy and sluggish again and I'm am back on track. This is where I am now. I regained 10 lbs. over the holidaze and I feel so awful right now. I exercised the whole time, five days a week, sometimes twice a day, but my weight bounced between 305 and 316 lbs. as I made poor choices with how much and what I was eating.

I'm afraid that I will become someone who is out of control if I lose too much weight. I don't know why I have this fear. I know for a fact that it is completely unfounded. And yet, there it is! So, in order to not become this out of control person, my eating goes out of control. Yeah, that's messed up!

So this is my project this year, to get down below 250 lbs this year and deal with this ridiculous fear. Because I want to go do something else! Something besides have my life be about losing weight!

Chopper, I have fallen back into poor habits over the holidaze and I'm feeling pretty crappy about it. Cutting out carbs completely has never worked for me, because I just end up eating them again and kicking myself for not being "perfect". Screw perfect!

What does work for me is to eliminate refined carbs. That's anything with added sugar and anything made with flour. I still have fruit (1 serving a day, but no juice), I eat potatoes a couple times a week, I have whole grains, like brown rice or steel cut oats. And I will have legumes a couple times per week. I also eat a lot of vegetables, which are also carbohydrates. Mostly greens and other colorful vegetables, but I'll also have carrots, beets and parsnips a couple times a week as well. Also, I find a handful of raw almonds or walnuts a day are also a good snack to have when I'm craving refined carbs.

Really increasing the vegetables, drinking lots of water, the right portion of healthy fats and enough protein has been the best way for me to avoid those troublesome carbs. It takes me about five days to get past the cravings. In fact, I'm starting this tomorrow morning!

Good luck!

Last edited by geoblewis; 01-06-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #464  

Hi Chopper, Welcome. The board hasn't been too busy lately but I'm hoping it will pick up again.

I haven't weighed in this year so far and this holiday, I took two weeks off work, didn't go to the gym or stick to my plan.

So starting back slow again.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #465  

S/C/G: 343/248/200

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone:

So I'm at my heaviest now. I used to kind of linger around 260 to 290, but now I'm all the way up to 327. I've never been in the 300s, so it was a shock to the system.

Not sure if I'm doing everything correctly, but I'm going to try to lose some weight this year. I have been exercising more and have eliminated some bad stuff from my diet (soda for example). I have also been trying to keep track of my calories and what not.

I ordered a weight scale, so I can keep better track of where I'm at and if I make any progress.
Closed Thread