Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #166  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Lunar - No one in our home has an food intolerances at all, so it isn't a concern for us. The PCOS diet actually just follows the standard dietary recommendations for everyone, it is just more mindful of the combinations. Healthy Carb (12g) + Fiber (2g+) + Protein (~6g) at every snack/meal and eat every 3hrs. The idea is to ensure that the body always has a slower processing carb on board. Im really digging it. And if you want to meet up for lunch, I'll give you a heads up when Im in Denver. One of my BFFs lives in Boulder, so CO trips for me arent too uncommon.

Damiere - UGH!! Lame sauce

I'm actually VERY excited about living in Seattle. The stress just comes in the fact that we moved from UT to NH Feb 2012. Back to back moves are just rough and I'm a little cranky we even came here to NH. But, trying to just shake it off and focus on getting us in a good routine here for now, and prepping ourselves to hopefully find our permanent home. On top with trying to really focus on savings to ensure we have a nice healthy $ buffer.

Apparently the stress is getting to my husband as well. He had his yearly exam today and his BP came back 160/120. Hopefully tonight we can get some talks in on a game plan to get him in on this healthy eating plan. He likes to hid little unhealthy processed salty crap snacks. And that just has to go.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #167  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Oh no, Damiere! UGH! Did you lock yourself out in front of the pump? I did that one time. I felt awful. What a pain.

Why no sleep?
I work nights. So obviously if I'm posting at 2pm, I am way over past my bedtime. At the very most, I should be in bed by noon. That's when I went to get gas and locked myself out. I had to use a lady's cell phone, wait for my husband, and once the AAA came, a cop came around. I was wondering if they called the cops on us. I told the lady at the pump that I locked myself out and AAA would take an hour (was 35 minutes) to come.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #168  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Oh no... I didn't realize you work nights. That's hard. I'm sorry you didn't get any sleep today. What do you do?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:13 AM   #169  
Hooping my Life Away

I'm a CNA. I'm actually feeling spry today but I did get me a starbucks energy drink (a rare treat now). But I have a feeling tonight is going to blow hardcore. blahhhh. And I wanted to finish making tassels for my crocheted bellydance belt on the hall and I don't see that happening at all. And the person I'm working with is not ideal.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #170  
MaryGee

Angihas2 - my SO and I are having "issues" too - talked about going to counseling together but he's the same -- certain issues are taboo -- well it's the taboo issues that are the problem! If we can't talk about them, then there's no sense in going to counseling. I went to a few sessions alone, but when it started to change my outlook on certain things, SO became defensive and raised a stink about me going to counseling, so I stopped going because of the heat it caused. Stupid of me. SO is very good at laying guilt trips on me. Wish I could get on Dr. Phil and have Dr. Phil knock some sense into me. There are days I just want to throw down the reins and give up. I wish I could make SO disappear in thin air. (Don't worry - just an idle thought!)

You ladies are right about this being a great forum - I check out a lot of forums and keep coming back to this one. There's one thread on a different forum where I post, but this forum as a general rule is the best.

All the friction on the homefront is not helping in the eating department - have to get my head screwed back on!

Hope everyone has a good day!

MaryGee
forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #171  
Living Intuitively

Well- today is Official WI day. I really want to officially be in the 2Teens, as last time I hit them, they next day I hit TOM and gained like...4 pounds of water weight. I've been thinking quite a bit about failure lately. I wonder if I'm being too nonchalant about it. It hasn't occurred to me that I will fail in this weight loss journey.

I just see myself eating healthy nourishing food for the rest of my life- so that I can be a role model for my children. I envision myself running 5ks monthly and hiking the incline. I want to play tag with my children and hike with our dog in the mountains. I want to be "crunchy" and make our own granola.

I don't want to go back to my unhealthy lifestyle. This morning I bolted up in bed at 7 AM, because I was so refreshed that certainly I slept into the extreme and was actually supposed to be at work. That is AWESOME. I have lost large amounts of weight in the past, but never healed some of my biochemical imbalances, because I was still eating processed foods and many many chemicals. I don't want to have a food engineer creating my food anymore. I can feel that I'm becoming more balanced- and I have no desire to go back...The only things I miss I can make myself- I can make some awesome candy in my own kitchen.

Is anyone else not afraid of failure? Am I taking this too lightly? Am I a weirdo? LOL. Well, yes- I am definitely a weirdo, but am I being weird about the final goal?

ETA: Oh- this also reminds me of my quote of the week:
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." ~Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 03-08-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #172  
Living Intuitively

forreal, when was the last time you went to counseling? DH also has issues he wants to keep off the table, which is totally ridiculous (like talking about sex or religion). At least he knows it's wrong and needs to work on them. We haven't been addressing them yet, because well- I haven't had the need to yet (I think my hormones are still a bit wacky).

Are you married? Is SO supportive of your weight loss goals?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Lunar- I can't say I'm not a little afraid of failure but I believe your mindset matters. I don't say"if" I lose weight I always say "when" because I will lose weight it might always be that I'm mindful of it. Even when I reach maintenance I will still be doing the things I do now. Healthy eating and exercise it might be on a different level but it is forever. So I know what you mean. That is why my signature is "failure isn't an option" it is only failure if you don't get right back on the"lifestyle change" horse.

Last edited by Thinforme; 03-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

My husband just flat out refuses counseling as he believes it will solve nothing, not that we have reached that point yet. I mean sometimes I want to push him off the pier in shark infested waters, but really, all in all, I resist the urge quite well these days!!! I think that entitles me to a cookie.

Or maybe the Black Forest Cake an evil co-worker brought in today. It looks so good....

About to probably take a flying hamster death dive off plan for the next 6 days, so best to ignore her sugar trap of sweet goodness.

In all seriousness, I am sorry to hear you guys are having issues and hope things work out between you and your SO's. I like the idea of tricking them into going, something I'd definitely have to do with mine. He thinks shrinks are quacks, all of them, despite the fact he married someone who majored in psychology. (Non-practicing of course and will never be licensed to give advice to anyone until she can be satisfied with her own life which means never.)

At the moment he has injured his knee and thinks that means we won't be hiking on vacation. He fails to realize it only means "he" won't be hiking on vacation LOL. Am I bad wife abandoning my husband while he's inured in a fancy schmancy house with a flat screen and an xbox for a few hours a day??? He thinks so and pouted all day about it yesterday when I said I still planned on doing some sight seeing.

He's lost 31 lbs since mid Jan. barely trying. I have little sympathy for him. LOL He joked this morning that he'll be at my current weight before I even get into the 190's at this rate. I almost smothered him with my pillow, but realized I'd miss his annoying smelly breath tomorrow..... and his ability to drive 9 hours straight.

Failure bugs the crap out of me. I've tried this journey so much and have stalled on it quite a bit, I think this time I'm just fed up with quitting. I might derail a few days like the impending trip, but I plan on getting right back into the swing of things the moment we get back, right back on that hamster wheel so to speak. I want to do the hiking to help balance the food issue. To be honest, dieting has really shrunk my appetite and I don't even really want the bad stuff anymore. Three months ago, I'd have already consumed a piece of cake and would be sitting here debating another. Now? It looks amazingly good, but I have no actual desire to munch on it. My plans for bad eating mostly involve fast food and country cooking.

I also notice that after I binge a bit, I tend to lose??? That makes no sense, but I'll take what I can get. Sides, I've been nearly perfect for two weeks and nary a drop on the scale. Finally went back to 240 yesterday and today, but blah. I need to make an appt with my OBY-GYN when I get back as things are kinda weird. Friends say it's the WL and the stress I've been under, but neither of those have been intense enough to cause problems in my opinion.

I wish I could trade hormones with the hubby for a few months......
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #175  
MaryGee

Lunar - it has been a while since I went to counseling - SO opposes it and I don't want to argue about it anymore. I even tried to find on-line counseling, but after looking into it, it didn't seem like it would work out. I tried to find a chat room or something where I could get some input or feedback, but when I go into a chat room they just seem to move too fast for me and I can't keep up with any discussion going on. Now I try to read as much as I can and I keep a journal -- I write things down and then I cross it all out so no-one can read it. It seems to help to write things down.

I was feeling really blue earlier today, but feel a lot better now. Thankfully I'm not a negative person. So even when I get upset with SO I get over it and can move on.
forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:27 AM   #176  
Hooping my Life Away

So at work i've been using humanavitality at times with weight loss and goals. There's a check up in april. I need to lose 5 lbs by 4.17 to get the checkup to meet my hv weight loss goal. I really hope i can get to that goal by then.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
So at work i've been using humanavitality at times with weight loss and goals. There's a check up in april. I need to lose 5 lbs by 4.17 to get the checkup to meet my hv weight loss goal. I really hope i can get to that goal by then.
That looks pretty awesome, I wish my insurance company offered something similar. Is is something you are doing on your own? Or is it being offered to you through work?
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #178  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliee View Post
That looks pretty awesome, I wish my insurance company offered something similar. Is is something you are doing on your own? Or is it being offered to you through work?
With our insurance, we can opt into a program called humana vitality. You earn points for losing weight, etc. It's not mandatory or anything. I keep trying to encourage people to check it out. There is even a 5% food card at walmarts. I don't agree with all the point earnings (like donating blood is not going to make me healthier. It may make OTHERS healthier but not me plus points for flu shots). I feel like it's easier to earn points at Sparkpeople than with vitality. But if I earn enough points, I will be eligible to get real life rewards like a heart rate monitor or stuff like that. Now that the vitality website connects to my fitbit, it makes earning some points easier. Either way, I made a goal in February to be 234 by 5/04. But it has to be verified by a vitality check up. Either I'd have to schedule it on my own or take up the work one. I signed up and I just hope that I will weigh under 234 on their scales in un-ideal circumstances by that day! That way I can just get it done and no procrastinating.

I'm trying to do the living lean program that it comes with in parts of the vitality program. And it's 400 vitality points! Just annoying self-coaching and stuff. I even signed up for a health coach. I just started it this week. We are in the "getting to know you process."

Last edited by Daimere; 03-09-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #179  
Hooping my Life Away

I bought my ticket to Kinetic fire this week. I'm so excited. I really want to be skinnier/fitter/etc by the time this rolls around in May. Hopefully I will be 229 by Kinetic fire. I will try bring healthy stuff to eat at Kinetc but surely I'll burn it all off with all the walking/activity/etc. It will be really interesting what the scale says before Kinetc and after Kinetic. Although if I'm 229 by Kinetc, I should be 226 by PlayThink, If I do go to 4-H camp, I may be up a few pounds with no way to control my food. But hey "freeee week."
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #180  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Okay ladies sorry I went missing for a few days, things have been a little hectic but good!

First things first, my Won Ton Tacos recipe!
(The recipe I am posting calls for 12, you can double the recipe for 24)

12 wonton wrappers (I like Nasoya brand, all natural)
1/2 lb lean ground beef (I usually cut my 1lb package in half and freeze the other part)
1 sleeve of low sodium taco seasoning (or you can make your own which I like to do!)
1/4 cup of salsa, store bought or homemade
1/2 cup of shredded mexican cheese
1/2 can of sliced black olives
1-2 medium green onions, chopped

Brown ground beef in skillet, add a little water and mix in taco seasoning. Place each won ton wrapper in muffin trays (I use a regular 12 tray muffin pan). Spoon in 1-2tbsp ground beef, the add 1-2 tsp of salsa, black olives, green onions, and pinch of cheese. Do the same for each wonton wrapper, add a little extra cheese if you prefer. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes or until wontons are golden and cheese is melted.
You can also add the black olives and green onions after baking if you prefer them to be more chilled instead of baked with the rest of them!

Makes 12 servings, nutrition per serving: Calories- 76 Carbs-7g Fat-3g
Protein- 6g Sodium- 312mg
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote