Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #196  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks, and congrats Angelsmom!

Fyre and Berry--definitely a head game, as those of us who have been doing this a long time and are in the final stretch are all too aware of! However, that's exactly it--why torture ourselves by calling it cheating? How is eating normally cheating?? It's not. It's just something we have to get used to.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #197  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I just read that too, that running is the best way to get rid of visceral fat, which is the dangerous fat that surrounds the organs. Good job!
Thanks!! So I started the C25K... And I did W1D1... and it was the most boring thing ever, I wasn't winded at all! LOL. So on saturday I said, self - lets skip to week two! And.. it wasn't hard either. So Sunday I did W4D1 and that was great! I ran 6 mins straight yesterday!

So I'm on W4D2 today. And I'll keep on keeping on. I signed up for a 1 mile fun run on Memorial Day and I should be able to run for like, 10 or 12 mins by then, I'm thinking. If not, I'll be better off than when I tried to do it last year, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyre
Katie: I tried to start Yoga when I was about 220 and it was ROUGH! Partly because I wasn't in a place that really understood what it meant to be starting a practice at that weight but now, it's like a real practice! I'm still building strength, always will be, but it's night and day so I'm excited to see you start running and feel the difference!
It's really great! I wanted to run before but I just really couldn't. I mean, I could have, but it wasn't as easy and I wasn't nearly as comforatable being the big girl gasping for air, lol. Now, I'm the medium size girl breathing a little hard and not gasping quite as much. It's a goal I have to run a 1/2 marathon, be it next year if we don't have a baby or in 2014 - post kid.

YOU GOT THIS RAINY!!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #198  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Thanks!! So I started the C25K... And I did W1D1... and it was the most boring thing ever, I wasn't winded at all! LOL. So on saturday I said, self - lets skip to week two! And.. it wasn't hard either. So Sunday I did W4D1 and that was great! I ran 6 mins straight yesterday!

So I'm on W4D2 today. And I'll keep on keeping on. I signed up for a 1 mile fun run on Memorial Day and I should be able to run for like, 10 or 12 mins by then, I'm thinking. If not, I'll be better off than when I tried to do it last year, LOL.

It's really great! I wanted to run before but I just really couldn't. I mean, I could have, but it wasn't as easy and I wasn't nearly as comforatable being the big girl gasping for air, lol. Now, I'm the medium size girl breathing a little hard and not gasping quite as much. It's a goal I have to run a 1/2 marathon, be it next year if we don't have a baby or in 2014 - post kid.

YOU GOT THIS RAINY!!!
I have used that program before with success, many years ago, but this time around, at 230# I just started running because I found it boring too. I made it 2 miles the first day, but I took it very very slowly. If I needed to walk for 10 seconds to catch my breath, I did. Depending on your cardiovascular fitness, it may be just as easy for you to just set a goal to run a mile or two and go for it!
I was a pretty fit person in a pretty fat body! I just ate too much
And it is much easier running now without that 60 pound "fat suit" on that I was "wearing"! I'd like to get this other 20-25# "fat suit" off too and see what that feels like!
I have to say, I did have a personal best for speed doing my HIIT today! I love PBs!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #199  

Oh my, some of you are so close to goal! Rainydays and Berry are on the last 8 or 9 pounds???!!! Wow! I am so jealous!
I can't see tickers now that I am responding, but I think Running is getting close too right? Who else?
Katie and I have about the same to go yet. I hope there doesn't come a day when I am the only one left on the 10-20 pounds to go thread That would be my friggin luck. All I can do is laugh to keep from crying

Last edited by jomatho; 05-07-2012 at 01:30 PM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #200  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Lol Jo... I'll be here. I'm a slow loser.. Or, I'll loose 5lbs in a week and then not anything for another month. Oh well. Gotta keep going!

kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

May I join you? I have 16lb left to go, and am struggling. I need just one last push!
MissD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #202  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissD View Post
May I join you? I have 16lb left to go, and am struggling. I need just one last push!
Of course! Welcome!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #203  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I really should check in here. Nothing new to report, though. Just sticking to the diet and exercise. I have been able to work out more this week due to a few temporary schedule changes so that's been nice! However, my sports bra is currently getting its hooks replaces by the seamstress so until Saturday I'll be only swimming.

Oh, and today I AM SO FREAKING HUNGRY! Can't figure out what it is. It's like I just can't manage to eat enough food. I've been making sure that it's healthy food that I'm eating but nothing fills me up! Annoying.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #204  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Im dreading eating food because I feel so guilty that it's not helping the last 16 come off. I know that's completely ridiculous but I can't help feel that way. Which in return makes food taste bad, or I just don't enjoy it.

I just want it to be over with so I can go off on my new maintaining journey of eating realistic foods within calorie limits.

Plus I really want pizza. LOL Sorry, I'm cranky.
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #205  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelkitty View Post
Im dreading eating food because I feel so guilty that it's not helping the last 16 come off. I know that's completely ridiculous but I can't help feel that way. Which in return makes food taste bad, or I just don't enjoy it.

I just want it to be over with so I can go off on my new maintaining journey of eating realistic foods within calorie limits.

Plus I really want pizza. LOL Sorry, I'm cranky.
I'm the same way, I'm really don't want to eat any food. That is why I'm doing another Juice Cleanse to see if I can get a least 10 lbs off.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #206  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Oh my, some of you are so close to goal! Rainydays and Berry are on the last 8 or 9 pounds???!!! Wow! I am so jealous!
I can't see tickers now that I am responding, but I think Running is getting close too right? Who else?
Katie and I have about the same to go yet. I hope there doesn't come a day when I am the only one left on the 10-20 pounds to go thread That would be my friggin luck. All I can do is laugh to keep from crying
I'm only close because I decided on giving up on 155. I think each person's idea of their goal is different. Mine is just to get my body fat under 25% at this point.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #207  
Melissa

Just doing a quick check in to let everyone know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. We are deep in getting our vacation together (and when money's tight, planning is more creative) and also gearing up for my new part-time job and gearing down for my other job for the season and school. I've just been incredibly busy, but I'm here , plugging along. Saw under 170 on the scale this mornign (again). That was nice at least.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #208  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

berry, those glimpses of a lower weight are great, aren't they? For me, it's a reminder that it's physically possible for me to weigh x.

I haven't lost anything this month but I've been exercising a lot and doing a lot of gardening, so I feel good about being active. I just bought The New Rules of Lifting for Women and am excited about changing up my decades-old weight-lifting routine.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #209  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Oooh can I join in? I had to put my plan on hold for a bit but I'm better now and ready to get back on track! I'm currently at 157 lbs but would like to get down to 140 by the end of the year. So 17 lbs in 7 months?

I was working out really hard up till February but I've had to scale back in intensity a lot. It feels weird to just walk when I'm used to running or do modified low impact versions when I'm used to jumping around. I went for a jog on Friday and it felt good in a cardiovascular sense but my surgery incision site was really hurt afterwards. I don't know what that's about! I might just go back to Leslie's WATP for the time being.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #210  
Melissa

I about kissed my scale this morning - saw a new all time low FINALLY. It had been two months since I got to 168.0. Last month it only got to 168.8. TOday it got to 167.6 and my post ovulation whoosh shouldn't be over yet. If I make it to 165 you might here me screaming all across Maryland.

And yes, it would be mighty tempting to just not EAT for the last few pounds, but I know that would only be a temporary solution as I would surely gain that weight back.