Old 04-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #106  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, this month was a complete bust. TTOM arrived 2 days early and brought with it some water weight gain. Last month I got down to 168.0. This month 168.2.

But, I'm cutting out the sugars that have snuck back in a little into my diet and I'm going to see if that makes a difference with the scale and I'm going to move or do something EVERY SINGLE DAY and continue with adding in running with the C25k to mix things up a bit and add in more bike riding. Like not driving to the store, but biking there. Same with the post office.

Goal for this month (menstrual month - so Mid April to Mid May) is to get to 165. That's a modest goal. I SHOULD be able to do it!!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #107  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well, this month was a complete bust. TTOM arrived 2 days early and brought with it some water weight gain. Last month I got down to 168.0. This month 168.2.

But, I'm cutting out the sugars that have snuck back in a little into my diet and I'm going to see if that makes a difference with the scale and I'm going to move or do something EVERY SINGLE DAY and continue with adding in running with the C25k to mix things up a bit and add in more bike riding. Like not driving to the store, but biking there. Same with the post office.

Goal for this month (menstrual month - so Mid April to Mid May) is to get to 165. That's a modest goal. I SHOULD be able to do it!!!!
Good luck, here's hoping that next month is better! FWIW, ever time I have a bad month, I always seems to have a nice whoosh the next month.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #108  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Back on the bike this weekend; two 24ish mile rides, the second at a much faster pace. Ugh I hate hauling on the straightaways b/c then I have no reserve for climbing but hey, it's all a work in progress. Was hoping to see the benefit of burning over 2000 calories this weekend but alas, TOM has decided to come calling so I'll have to wait a bit longer... grrrr...
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #109  

I really belong here now!

My nutritionist just upped my final goal based on my most recent body fat/body composition data. At 145 she estimates I'll be at 19.5% bodyfat. Um ok, we'll see. Since I can't lose 30 lbs by the time we go to the beach anyway, I figured, why not? Please pray to the weight loss gods with me that I can maintain 2 lbs a week and at least get pretty close!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #110  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreflie24 View Post
Back on the bike this weekend; two 24ish mile rides, the second at a much faster pace. Ugh I hate hauling on the straightaways b/c then I have no reserve for climbing but hey, it's all a work in progress. Was hoping to see the benefit of burning over 2000 calories this weekend but alas, TOM has decided to come calling so I'll have to wait a bit longer... grrrr...
I'm just starting to add some bike riding to my arsenal of things I do to get fitter and burn calories. What I'm doing though is purely 'utliltarian' in nature though.

Today I biked to the UPS store to ship some returns. Then to the Post office for more returns and then to my son's elementary school to volunteer for an hour and then back home. I just had lunch and now I'll head to the grocery store to pick up some groceries (with the bike). So far I have a bit more than 4 miles. It's not much, but it all adds up!

This is my bike set up = basket, rack with bag, and then the trailer with grocery bags (Burley Travoy):

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g8...3/IMG_0553.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g8...3/IMG_0554.jpg

I unhook the trailer for trips to the library and post office as I can use the bike rack for that stuff, but I can get a LOT of groceries with the trailer and side bags. My trip to the grocery store is all on paths through the city. Going to the post office and stuff I have to hit the road which I don't like as much. I just don't trust drivers very well!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-16-2012 at 01:31 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #111  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreflie24 View Post
Rainy!! OMG ONE MORE TO GO for this goal!!
I know, I'm super excited! Thanks! And congrats on your goal being shifted, 19.5% body fat is bad @$$!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #112  
Every pound is a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
My birthday was the 11th and I was secretly hoping for birthday whoosh. It didn't happen

Congrats and Happy Birthday to my fellow Aries!
Thank you, and happy birthday to you as well! I honestly don't know where that big whoosh came from, but I can honestly say I swooned a bit and weighed three times to make sure it was accurate. Just craziness!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #113  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Yay, the scale is moving for me again!!

I moved my goal back up to 157. I'm honestly happy where I am... I've just got about 10 lbs of thigh fat I'd like to see GONE. We'll see if that gets me there. I'll move it back down if it doesn't. I'm back in a healthy BMI so I guess I'm just playing with vanity lbs now. We'll see!!!

You're all amazing!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #114  
Every pound is a victory

Melissa, I really like your bike set up. I'm excited because I just got a new memory foam seat for mine, and my husband is getting a new one soon, the twins (6) just got new helmets, and we're getting one of the little trailer attachments for the baby so we can all hit the trails together this summer. It's going to be so fun!

3 friends and I are also going to start playing tennis casually soon (haven't done that since high school gym class over 10 years ago) so although I don't think a lot of calorie burn will occur, like you said, every little bit helps!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #115  
Every pound is a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Yay, the scale is moving for me again!!

I moved my goal back up to 157. I'm honestly happy where I am... I've just got about 10 lbs of thigh fat I'd like to see GONE. We'll see if that gets me there. I'll move it back down if it doesn't. I'm back in a healthy BMI so I guess I'm just playing with vanity lbs now. We'll see!!!

You're all amazing!
Oh, I HEAR you! I wish I could lipo my thighs and put the fat back on my butt and boobs, where it all came off!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #116  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I have about 10-20lbs to go and have been struggling somewhat. I know how to maintain at this weight but I really just want to be done now, you know? So I kind of need a bit of a push to finish this.

So, is anybody with me? Would you be interested in a support thread for those at the end of a LONG journey (I've been at this over 1.5 years)?

Oh, and maybe some help with not buying all my wardrobe now, because I'm just sick of the baggy clothes...
I have the same 15lbs to lose, and holy not buying clothes is my biggest motivating factor, I just want to wear beautiful size 6 jeans.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #117  

berryblondeboys: omg that setup is awesome!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #118  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Holy sheist!!! I bought 2 pair of shorts in size 6 today! And they fit, as in they fit, not as in - I can get them on with massive muffin top - They honestly actually fit!!!! Totally stoked!!!

Hubby is visiting for the week. Keep me on track!!!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #119  

You all are doing so well! My weight hasn't budged in awhile =(
This weekend, I want to eat at maintenance and see if that will change things around? Its easier for me to do up cals in the weekend. Also by then my knee should start feeling better and I can start doing on strength training. I don't care HOW long this plateau is - I'm gonna keep trying in one way or other.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #120  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Val on the weight loss on getting on size 6 shorts, that's awesome!!!! I know you had a bit of a stall in between there, but hopefully there's more good things to come!

Melissa love the bike setup! I wish it was remotely save to bike ride here.

fyreflie24
wow, how did you measure your body fat%? You must be solid muscle!

pixelllate
Definitely try to shake things up a bit. FWIW, any time I go back in weight loss mode after a maitenance break, I normally have a larger whoosh than usual.

As for me, TOM showed up half a week early so no more drops anytime soon. I was really hoping to get closer to 155lbs by the end of this month. Just working on being patient. I've been doing really well this week getting exercise in so hopefully that will help!!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote