Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #286  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Rainydays: I get those comments from my family too and I keep having to remind them that I'm just on the edge of normal weight BMI-wise. Kateleestar is right I think. People get sooooo used to seeing you big that in their eyes you look XXS when you are really medium-sized. I kind of don't talk much about my weight loss goal so they just think I like to eat mindfully and only occasionally make the "are you sure you're eating enough" comments.

Kateleestar: Congrats on all the new lows!!! Here's hoping some of that whoosh dust rubs off on the rest of us. Keep going, girl! Thats so excellent!

LAgreeneyes: Congrats on the 170s. A new decade i tye right direction is always great!

In toastedland, well I'm on vacation in America (my 2nd home) and can't believe 1week of my 3 weeks is already gone. I'm actually doing pretty great so far food-wise and the scale is responding which is always nice. I haven't gone shopping yet for clothes so I'm not quite sure what size I am. I did get a tankini in a Medium (which was maybe a little big but close enough to just right considering didn't try it on first and just bought it blind) from Target but I was I'm a hurry (about to go swimming) and didn't have time to try on jeans or dresses or anything. I'm hoping to get to a mall today or tomorrow to do that. I'm guessing I'm probably an 8 in both tops and jeans but we'll see. I need to charge up my camera. I haven't done progress pics in ages (certainly not since normal BMI) and this would be an excellent opportunity.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #287  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey gals - I've been really struggling the past few days. It's totally lack of sleep related, but I'm completely bummed that it led to me eating crap. I'm not "off the wagon" or giving up = that won't happen, but I'm frustrated with myself for having gotten myself in a place that I'm undoing hard work! It's so hard to lose weight these last few pounds and so VERY easy to gain them. Darn it!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #288  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

There you are Melissa! I was thinking this morning if you had left on your trip or I just hadnt seen you around... I get the same way with lack of sleep. It's SO important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke
Kateleestar: Congrats on all the new lows!!! Here's hoping some of that whoosh dust rubs off on the rest of us. Keep going, girl! Thats so excellent!

And thanks, toasted!! I stood there, stark naked, dumbfounded, lol. Staring down at the scale like... wait, what?! LOL. Hopefully I'm on a track to be in the 170's soon enough!

And I hope you have great fun the rest of your vacation!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #289  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

rainydays: yea, I'm at 26.9% bodyfat so still about 2% from normal and folks are starting to give me **** AND I have huge legs still! Bizarre. This last 5 lbs or so seems to have made a big impact so I'm really hearing it now. I do the same thing, keep referring to things like bodyfat numbers and just know that I'm being really honest with myself... I'm working in a healthy range in a healthy way and that's the best thing I can do. It's frustrating, I know but hang tight.

Well TOM has brought a few extra lbs right now so that's frustrating but oh well, better now than during the 50 mile MS ride my husband and I are doing on Saturday! 19 days til our vow renewal! Ahhh! I went for a fitting this morning and my dress was ALMOST THERE! There were a few wrinkles across the widest part of my thighs on the layer closest to my skin and the lady said she'd worked the zipper a bit to get it to close before. Today she said, it went right up and I'm down to ONE small crease that should be gone! They might even need to make a little dart in the top where it's gaping (it's a halter). I broke down at the advice of a friend and got a birdcage veil. I was just going to go for a flower but she said it was so perfect and 'so you' that I bit Will make good pix and that's the important thing right?!

Hope all's well with everyone!

Congrats Kate!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #290  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hey! thought I would join, if you donīt mind... Iīm 25 lbs away from my goal and Iīve been here for way too many years now. Itīs time to get to goal once and for all, hopefully with your help!!! :-)
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #291  
is super awesome.

Welcome Carol!

And thanks, Fyre! And I agree, the pix are the second most important part (after the vow-renewal!).. you'll have them forever! And I heart bird cage veils, so so cute!!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:02 AM   #292  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hi ladies,
How is everyone today?

Thanks for welcoming me ! :-)

I was doing so well this week, then yesterday at dinner I ate way more than I should and I didnīt eat healthy at all ... sigh. Iīm really stressed, work is ****, Iīve been questioning my relationship with my boyfriend, money is tight, I miss my family... but these shouldnīt be excuses, I should be able to be nice to me and take good care of myself despite all that, or better yet, specially because all that...

Well, today is another day and Iīm back on track... also, hopefully Iīll be able to do my mtb riding this evening and that also always helps!

Have a great day ladies !! :-)
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #293  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

rainy, you look smashing. I'm much farther from goal than you are and I too hear "you don't need to lose anymore" far too often. I just nod and say "a little more," and try not to get too irritated. As many here have said, people get used to seeing us a certain way and the "before" and "after" must be pretty jarring for others.

fyre, at the risk of sounding like a stalker, you are gorgeous. I'm sure your vow renewal pics will be fabulous. Enjoy your 50 mile ride on Saturday!

toasted, good work on sticking with the plan while on vacation. I have such a hard time when my routine changes.

I saw 140 on the scale this morning, so I feel like I'm officially less than 20 pounds from goal. I'd like to get to the the low 120s but I'm not sure I can do it. It's certainly not going to happen quickly, so maybe I'll make it my goal to get there by year end. I feel like I'm more comfortable in "trying to lose" mode than I will be in maintenance, anyway.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #294  
is super awesome.

Exactly, Carol. Today is another day and it has NOTHING to do with what we did or didnt do yesterday. It's always a new chance to start over!!

You have a great day too!!

As for me, woah, I might very well be at 181 tomorrow. I was 182.2 today. (I only go on whole numbers to update my ticker, as I'd be doing it all the darn time and I hate that, lol) I cant remember what the 170's were like, as the last time I remember my "childhood" weight was in the, like, 7th grade and I was 120 and thought, oh, I'm HUGE even though I was 5'5" or something. So dumb. Whatevs, lol. I know that I'm smaller now than I was in HS, because I tried on my prom dress and it fell off, lol, so theres that.. ah, the 170's. So good to see them, soon enough.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #295  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Carol: Welcome.I think everyone even Skinniest McSlim has meals where afterwards it's like " Ugh why did I eat that much!" Congrats on dealing with it like a true McSlim family member and getting back on plan the next day. That's super hard to do but you did it!!! That's victory!

Steph: thanks. It IS a little tough sticking to plan and the true test will be the next 10 days with phase 2 when I go to New England to meet up with 3 of my undergrad besties. I can see how that is going to be a food fest of visiting our old undergrad haunts... #sighs Major congrats on the new low! I know what you mean about giving yourself time to lose weight. I've given myself till the New Year to get down to 140. I'm enjoying it more than I've enjoyed the rest of my journey.

Kateleestar: Keep going with that whoosh! You're doing it! Congrats!!!!

In this edition of the toasted report... Well I finally went shopping yesterday. I took (progress) pics which I will share when I get home because genius that I am, I forgot my camera cable. I'll check if my computer has a SD slot though. ANYWAY, the main thing I learned is that I'm anywhere from a size 4 (God bless LOFT and also Calvin Klein) to a size 10 (hello H&M denim).

I thought everyone had been exaggerating about LOFT sizing but I don't mind, by all means they should appeal to my vanity. Being a XS to S and mostly a size 4 and rarely a 6??? I love that store. Lol! I've figured that my vanity-less true size, as I suspected is probably around an 8 on average in dresses and pants. And across all the stores I went to 6s and 8s were the most common size that fit. Another thing I noticed was that designer-type brands at department stores like Macys, Dillards and even Neiman Marcus were guiltier of vanity sizing than cheaper brands frequented by young people like H&M, Desigual, Charlotte Russe, Hollister etc.

Also my chest is shrinking by the day. I wanted smaller boobs all my life (falling out of a 36E at age 12?) but its getting ridiculous. I got new (expensive) bras in April and now they're too big. I haven't even worn them all! Been saving a couple for special occasions. #sighs I think I might need to size down to a 32DD or possibly a 34 D. I wonder where my boobs have gone?! For perspective at 275, I was squeezing into a 44J.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 06-07-2012 at 12:27 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #296  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I can't take this anymore

I keep flowing up and down the 149's..... It's getting so hard now, I finally understand when people HATE the last few pounds...

I feel like making a huge plush "10" doll and beating the crap out of it.. lol

I am absolutely exhausted, tired, and hungry lol I know I can't lose focus now, I need to push through it, but..... mama just really wants a burger I hope you're all staying strong xoxoxo
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #297  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelkitty View Post
I can't take this anymore

I keep flowing up and down the 149's..... It's getting so hard now, I finally understand when people HATE the last few pounds...

I am absolutely exhausted, tired, and hungry lol I know I can't lose focus now, I need to push through it, but..... mama just really wants a burger I hope you're all staying strong xoxoxo
LOL @
Quote:
Your entire post made me LMAO!!!!!

I feel better now. Sorry to hear about your frustration. I know how you feel.

Stay strong and push through this. You can do it!
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

possible TMI post warning!
The past two months have been so poor for my weight loss! As soon as I officially hit 20 pounds left, everything stopped. I've lost three pounds but it flows back on and off...even though I'm eating right my body is at a stand-still. I've not been "regular" this whole period of time but finally think I have my geared toward getting regular again, but obviously not being able to pass the food I'm eating isn't helping me losing the weight! It's frustrating for sure, especially since it's the first time I've had this problem in my life.
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #299  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

LAGreenEyes TRUST ME I re-read it and was laughing too, I guess that's all i can do at this point -- laugh. Maybe it'll burn off some extra calories too

Thanks for the encouragement, I gotta make myself proud...

Chel3fsea I went through the same thing, went to see a doctor and realized that my body doesn't have enough enzymes to break down meat ?? (I think that's what it is? lol) But I need to take some enzymes before I have a meal with meat, and I also take senna pills before bed, to soften the stool...

I have been suffering with being "irregular" my entire life, but it got SO much worse once I started dieting. The last year has been hectic. I think senna pills are the only thing that help. I think maybe if it bothers you, you should see your doctor and maybe make sure your body is on track!! Good luck sweetie and congrats on the weight loss!!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #300  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelkitty View Post
LAGreenEyes TRUST ME I re-read it and was laughing too, I guess that's all i can do at this point -- laugh. Maybe it'll burn off some extra calories too

Thanks for the encouragement, I gotta make myself proud...

Chel3fsea I went through the same thing, went to see a doctor and realized that my body doesn't have enough enzymes to break down meat ?? (I think that's what it is? lol) But I need to take some enzymes before I have a meal with meat, and I also take senna pills before bed, to soften the stool...

I have been suffering with being "irregular" my entire life, but it got SO much worse once I started dieting. The last year has been hectic. I think senna pills are the only thing that help. I think maybe if it bothers you, you should see your doctor and maybe make sure your body is on track!! Good luck sweetie and congrats on the weight loss!!
Laughing DOES burn off calories.

I read your stats and you have come a LONG way. That is A LOT to be proud of. We are ALL proud of you . Keep up the great work. I am jealous of you. I WISH I had your current weight stats. You go girl !!!!

I didn't even think about my cycle and dieting. I wonder if that's why. OMG!!! Thanks for the info. I will have to make sure I tell my doctor when I go there on Tuesday to see what she says.

Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by LAgreeneyes; 06-07-2012 at 02:35 PM.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote