Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #121  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

good news kids! after my workout fest yesterday, i'm not even a little bit sore. i might have to do it again today because i'm expected to go eat cheap mexican food for dinner because a friend is having a birthday party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
Mandy - hugs to you but kudos for stepping on the scale. You'll get it off and then some. I'm sure of it. Maybe you should make a conservative estimate of the beginning weight and your loss so far as a confidence builder...a running start if you will. It is an accomplishment.
i would love to set a simple, easily attainable goal for myself. but knowing myself as i do, i'd end up saying "meh. that's easy, i can have this pizza today and still get there" which will lead to "i can have this ice cream for dessert" and "this danish for breakfast" and so on. i've always worked best when i'm working towards a crazy, almost impossible, deadline. i'm hoping it works the same way for weight loss. and it worked before! i started march 15th and told myself i wanted to lose 30 pounds by my wedding on may 21 (that's only 2 months!)... but the morning before my wedding i weighed in at 268 (which was 32 pounds down) and a major major cheer fest for me and my bridesmaids
Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #122  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby was hogging the computer last night so I didn't get to post.

Wed, Feb 1
B= 1/2 coffee, 1 c cereal, 1/2 c milk
L= 1/2 Panera Smokehouse Turkey sand
S= 1 apple
D= leftover chicken w Apple-mango sauce, green beans
S= chips and salsa
E= 30min kbox + 20min UB

Caroline, interesting about the dream. We both did kbox workouts.

Chix, I'm not really a morning person either. I'm faily new to CS but I've heard about it for years. I think its mis-named, which is one of the reasons I never tried it until now.

Mandy, great workout. I'm glad you aren't sore.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 02-02-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typos
Old 02-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi relosers! I am so excited and happy to say that I've lost two pounds from last week. I love that my newest mini goal... 199. I was 222 at Thanksgiving...I am so grateful to be relosing.

PWPenguin... good menu - lots of folks are doing kickboxing these days. It's such a great workout!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #124  

Hi relosers...yesterday was a healthy one...yay...am grateful. I fulfilled many of my goals: planned/measured/logged food, ate seated only, no seconds, lots of water, exercise, read my materials, said no way to some extra goodies I came across during the day, lots of water, and more.

TGIF - should have a nice weekend. It's not so hectic like when I was taking care of my stepmom in the hospital. Saw the surgeon about my gallbladder..the poor sad thing. It's going bye bye later this month.

We have a Super Bowl Party on Sunday. I am planning ahead in my mind now to have some healthy things for me to eat.

Have a great day.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

TGIF Everybody!!

My menu shifted a little yesterday. While at the gym, I got an invite to play cards with some friends at their bowling alley. I didn't have dinner before I went to the gym so instead ate at the alley. I think I made the best choice since everything else was junk. I had a diet pepsi and a breakfast burrito with just potato, egg and cheese in a white flour tortilla. It still fit in my WW points and I could actually figure it since it was a simple four ingredients. Looking back, I wish I had asked to sub tomato for potato.

No plans yet for this weekend. Sat is my rest day but with housecleaning (yuck!) Not sure where I'll end up for Superbowl.

Had a weird dream this AM in which a grizzly bear was in my house but was docile and layed on my couch wanting his belly rubbed!! Interpretation: To see a bear in your dream symbolizes independence, the cycle of life, death and renewal, and resurrection. Didn't see the connection until I looked this up but my sis and I were discussing me getting another dog since I put down my sick, old girl a couple of weeks ago.

B: 2 coffees with 2 TB FF H&H, 4 oz FF greek yogurt, 1 egg, 1/c egg sub, banana
L: stacked sandwich on WW with LF ham, RF swiss cheese, tomato, raw spinach, onion, bell pepper, 1 sl avocado, 2 clementines
D: WW pasta, NS spaghetti sauce, 1 oz parmesan cheese, blueberries
E: water aerobics, zumba

Beverlyjoy - Yay!! Down 2 lbs!! That's great! Good job!! You are on a serious roll. Please post your Superbowl menu - I need some good ideas! Bummer about the gallbladder. After recovery, you'll feel so much better.

Last edited by DixC Chix; 02-03-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #126  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
TGIF Everybody!!

Had a weird dream this AM in which a grizzly bear was in my house but was docile and layed on my couch wanting his belly rubbed!! Interpretation: To see a bear in your dream symbolizes independence, the cycle of life, death and renewal, and resurrection. Didn't see the connection until I looked this up but my sis and I were discussing me getting another dog since I put down my sick, old girl a couple of weeks ago.
I was thinking the grizzly bear represented your hunger, and since it was being so docile, it meant you had this weight loss thing in the bag. lol

I'm dealing with major cravings for salty stuff today, but so far so good...when it gets overwhelming, I just try to drink more water. Tomorrow is DS's bday party so I have to limit myself to eating the pizza and I don't dare touch the chips...hopefully I'll be too busy running around to indulge.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #127  

I'm behind again...

Feb 2, Thurs
B= 1/2 c milk, 1 c cereal 1/2 banana
L= Fellowship Luncheon ~ 1 pimento cheese, 2 pumpkin bars {I asked for recipe!
D= huge bowl homemade chili, 2 homemade cornbread
S= 2 cookies, slice cinnamon cake, 4 Bliss
E= 25min Classical Stretch~ Arms and posture

Fri, Feb 3
B= none
L= Panera 1/2 smokehouse Turkey, 1/2 sweet potato
S= chips and salsa
D= 1/2 homemade veggie pizza {sauce, moz cheese, spinach, mushrooms, onion, pepper, garlic, romamo cheese}
S= 1 c milk, 6-8 Back to Nature cc chookies
E= 50min cardio

I had a very lazy day today. Tomorrow Hubby and Dad are going to a Men's Breakfast at Dad's church, then Hubby will come back and get me so we can caravan to my parents house where Dad and Hubby will work on Dad's project car and Mom and I will do more interesting stuff!

Chix, I would love to rub a bear's belly as long as I knew he wouldn't eat me. Anyone remember Grizzly Adam's?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:13 AM   #128  

Hi relosers... yesterday I stayed within the parameters of my plan..but, my food was 'all over the place'. Luckily I didn't eat too many calories. I logged my food, drank lots of water, always left a bite and tried to eat slower.

It's a hard time for .DH & I. Three people we love/care about are/were in hospice. One passed away last night. Food will not make my sadness go away. This has been a very stressful week with my stepmoms surgery and these three special people near death. But - I will take it all one day at a time. My stepmom is doing pretty well from her surgery on Monday, thankfully.

Chix - Super Bowl will be at the neighbor's/friend's house. I know that they are doing pizza. I am doing a big salad with dressing on the side for everyone. Lately when I go somewhere with pizza I scrape of the cheese and pepperoni and eat a bit of tasty baked dough. (sounds silly.. but it works) I will bring some pretzels & fruit, too. Pretzels can last me a long time because I pick off the salt..LOL.

Penguin - have fun doing interesting stuff with your mom. I love the sound of 'interesting stuff'!!!

Angie - great distraction to drink water when craving something salty!

Have a great weekend to all.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #129  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Beverly, I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad your stepmom seems to be recovering. And congratulations for staying within plan - I know when times are stressful or sad I just don't have the energy to focus on food. Great job!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #130  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Wow, Beverly, that's a lot of stress. I'm very sorry for your loss. Hopefully sticking within your plan parameters will help you feel more in control in all areas. I know that usually works for me, if I can get myself to do it.

I spent my morning on the spin bike (thank God for Netflix on demand!) and this afternoon I'll go to my sister's house to stay overnight with her kids so my sister and her husband can go away for her birthday. Luckily they eat pretty much the same way I do, so I shouldn't have any trouble sticking to my plan.

No weigh-in tomorrow since my scale will be here, but that's probably good for me. I'm back down to 211.2 this morning after a little bounce up. We'll see what happens on Monday.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #131  

Beveryly, I am very sorry for your loss and the difficult time you are going through. 'Interesting stuff' is probably going to be: watching TV, talking, going to the Rec Center to exercise and playing with Mon's new Nook reader'. Basically, anything is more intresting than working on the car!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #132  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey kids. just got back from a retreat where dinner last night, and all 3 meals today were provided for everyone... there really was no say. what they served was what you got. salad bar was small. and the food was good. BUT it was probably laden with calories and sodium.

ah well. back on track (for the most part) tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #133  

Sat, Feb 4
B= 1/2 coffee, 1c cereal, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c milk
L= chili and tortilla chips, 2 Bliss
S= apple and pb
D= leftover spaghetti, slice bread
S= 1 c ice cream, 2 dark choc squares with chile {not my favorite but interesting to try}
E= 40min walk

Mom and I walked for 40min around her neighborhood between rainshowers, while Dad and Hubby worked on the car. The project car is a '68 Mustang that currently doesn't have an engine, I walked out into the garage to see Hubby sitting inside the engine compartment working on something.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #134  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I came back after being pretty much MIA for a year . . . even though I would check in every once in a while. It was crazy. Life got crazy and stressful and taking care of myself got to be too much work so I let things slip, a little here, a little there. Gained a few pounds and thought "I don't want to go back to 3FC until I can say I had lost them." Then gained a few more, then a few more, etc. Stopped weighing every day. Stopped counting calories a long time ago. Went from tracking my calories online, to guesswork on the calories, to not even paying attention. Before I knew it I was up 39 pounds from my lowest (I may have only seen 210-211 for a brief moment on the scale, but I saw it). Every time I went up into a new decade I thought, "oh, I can handle this." Wrong. When I saw 250 (only once about three weeks ago) I just wanted to cry. A year's worth of work GONE. Actually, I set myself back 2 years - the almost year it took me to lose all the weight and then the year I let myself gain most of it back.

This morning I was at 243.4 - like a lot of you, watching the weight come down is not exciting this time around. It disgusts me. DISGUSTED. I am very angry at myself. I was positive I was going to succeed . . . it's much harder to believe in myself this time around. But I started wearing my Go Wear Fit armband and tracking my calories and I'm back on 3FC and back to weighing and posting my weight every day. Now I need to get back into an exercise routine.

Last edited by MamaP; 02-06-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:51 AM   #135  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Well the Period Fairy decided to come visit last night. Ugh. Stupid water weight! I got on the scale this morning and I was back up to 278.6! At least I know it's just water and will go away soon.

I joined Fitocracy yesterday and did a bunch of different strength training exercises that I hadn't ever attempted before. I'm a little bit sore in places that I didn't know had muscles! LOL! But the more I do it, the healthier I will become.
Closed Thread