Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #61  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! My scale is definitely moving in the right direction. I honestly am looking forward to Friday morning's weigh in to see where I am for the week.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #62  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Healthyme, glad to hear it.

It's been rough getting the scale moving in the right direction for me but I think I finally got it going. This week I have worked out in some fashion 6 days. Most days I did my "regular" workout and most days I additionally walked three miles. Saturday I actually ran/walked 13 miles on the treadmill. That's half a marathon!

For all this, I lost three pounds. I'll take it.

I can't wait to see what next week brings, but I'm not sure I can keep up the intensity. It's just until March...that I will be working at it this intensely, that is. I really ought to get a whoosh here soon in addition to those three pounds because my muscles are sore, I was totally stressed out by a dentist appt. yesterday AND it's TOM. So really, I'm quite surprised to have lost at all!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #63  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

YES, there are days (again & again) that we will be doing everything "right" -- keeping on plan, and the scale still gets stubborn. I try to look for the long-term and other victories; I am so happy to have a perfectly OP day, or week.

I had to ask my DH to not bring home the junkies too; and he is helping with that quite well now. When I make something now, I make sure it isn't something that I will binge on. I make DH muffins 1-2 times a month; the kind he likes, that is. I make low-calorie high-fiber ones for myself and put them in the freezer. If I want one, I have to take it out and nuke it. The stuff that causes me a problem, doesn't come in the house now; over time, I got better at this -- it did take a while.

Like last Halloween; I didn't buy any treats at all. Well, guess what? I didn't have any either ... dah! DH and I talked about this last night; we have decided not to do the candy stuff anymore. The kids out there get enuff from the other folks, their families, and the parties. Now I am working on my plan for Christmas next year: each year, less & less ...

Glad to see everyone doing so well; keep it up ladies -- you're doin' GREAT!!!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-25-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #64  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Jan 25, Wed
b= 2 c milk, vits, 1 c cereal, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c milk
L= 1/2 pbj, 1/2 apple
S= 1/2 banana, 1 c milk
D= leftover roasted chicken breast, veggies, fudgepop
S= 2 c cereal, 1/2 c milk
E= 40min cardio

Right = Had a big breakfast so I wouldn't be tempted by the snack table at Bible study; did my exercise even when I could have blown it off

Regret= should have picked the fudgepop or the cereal not both

We had to take April to the vet. Good news, she's very healthy for her age {10?}, and she's lost 15lbs over the past year.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #65  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Yesterday was not a perfect day for me, diet-wise. I had to go to a full day of training for work and I gave myself permission to up my calories a little because I knew I wouldn't be completely in control of my food. I packed healthy snacks, though, and chose a reasonable lunch. There was an unplanned post-training dinner excursion with a friend, but I stuck to salad with grilled chicken.

Considering my TOM started yesterday I was fighting off some major chocolate cravings, but I successfully managed to ignore them. Cutting out carbs makes that a lot easier for me.

Today is day one of my Whole 30 challenge, which is basically a really strict paleo diet for 30 days to cleanse my system. I have been eating that way more or less all week, but today's my 'official' start with black coffee and cutting out all dairy and sneaky added sugars. I feel a lot better when I eat this way and have way more energy, so I'm hopeful it will reflect on the scale as well.

As of yesterday morning I was down three pounds, though of course I am up three this morning thanks to TOM. I feel fantastic, though, and usually I am doubled over in pain on the first couple days, so I'm calling it a win.

I hope everyone else is having a good week! Mine has been hectic, but I feel like I can handle it without the aid of an entire bag of M&Ms, and I haven't been able to say that for a long time.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #66  

The devotional went well; I didn't fall flat on my face trying to get to the podium, babble too much, or sneeze repeatedly but I'm glad its over! I got a lot of compliments, and my dad got a cd/recording which we listened to afterwards. My parents took me to GiGi's cupcakes after lunch

Thistoo, glad to hear you are feeling so much better this week.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #67  
Calorie counter

Thistoo, it sounds like your body really likes that way of eating. Perhaps there's an intolerance there somewhere? Gluten perhaps?

Patchwork, I'm so glad it went well for you!

And I must ask...where is our Uber, she who started this thread? I'm keeping tabs on you, Uber!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #68  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/158.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face

I got down to 207 in 2009. But regained back into the 240's! I have to figure out what's causing me to overeat. I know right know it's stress eating. I belong to a gym and I'm slowly easing back into working out again.
I have been struggling to get back on plan. But need to do a better job of planning meals. Good Luck, Everyone! I just need to remind myself Summer will be here soon. I plan to be in Onderland by June 1st.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #69  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Just checking in - down 1 pound and actually saw 155 (.9) but still seems like so much more when that 6 finally became a 5! 45 minutes on the elliptical every day, but really working on getting the calories dropped more. Running at 1450 a day. Need to get cravings under control though - first need to get DH to stop getting donuts on the weekend. He's got this idiot idea that I should be able to eat one, but even the calories from that is too high for how low my calories need to be and the rest of the day is spent on damage control from the ridiculous carb cravings that that one donut causes. It's just not worth it! How is it that a trip to buy gas ends up in donuts? Oh well, those donuts aren't even good - so next time I won't waste the calories on it. If I'm going to eat a donut, it'd better be gourmet!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #70  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Thistoo, it sounds like your body really likes that way of eating. Perhaps there's an intolerance there somewhere? Gluten perhaps?
There's definitely something to it. Whether it's gluten or general carb intolerance or whatever, I feel a lot better eating this way, so I'm willing to make the commitment to a lifestyle of low carb. I don't think I was ready the last time I tried; I spent too much time relying on 'legal' versions of trigger foods, but this 30 day challenge doesn't allow me to do that, so I think it's the right choice.

Penguin, I'm glad the devotional went well! Good for you for powering through the fear.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #71  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i keep reading that lack of sleep has a negative effect on weight loss. if that's true, then i'm in trouble. the last month i've been up later and later each night because when i try to lay down and go to sleep my brain won't shut off no matter how tired i am. last night i went in at about 2am. couldn't sleep. got up and read an entire book and was still wide awake when my husband got up at 7:30. tried to sleep a bit when he ran out for a little while... exhausted... i climbed in bed, got comfy, and did nothing but think about how complicated taxes are gonna be because we got married and moved to a different state. so i got out of bed when he got home and hung out with him for an hour or so while he ate breakfast. then went back in, so tired i was light headed, at around 10am, didn't even come close to falling asleep until after 11am. didn't sleep solid at all, woke up at least 3 times and looked at the clock. got out of bed at 4pm feeling like i'd been drugged. and my fingers are so swollen they hurt.

RANT RANT RANT.

okay, i'm done with that. sorry.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 01-26-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #72  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchick View Post
Just checking in - down 1 pound and actually saw 155 (.9) but still seems like so much more when that 6 finally became a 5! 45 minutes on the elliptical every day, but really working on getting the calories dropped more. Running at 1450 a day. Need to get cravings under control though - first need to get DH to stop getting donuts on the weekend. He's got this idiot idea that I should be able to eat one, but even the calories from that is too high for how low my calories need to be and the rest of the day is spent on damage control from the ridiculous carb cravings that that one donut causes. It's just not worth it! How is it that a trip to buy gas ends up in donuts? Oh well, those donuts aren't even good - so next time I won't waste the calories on it. If I'm going to eat a donut, it'd better be gourmet!
I've had similar trouble at work. We had "breakfast buddies" where members of the staff bring breakfast on payday Fridays. I thought I could indulge just a little with minor harm, but like you said, fighting the cravings the rest of the day was so very not worth it. It's not about the donut, it's about what happens later in the day. If I indulge it MUST be after dinner, period.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #73  

Thursday, Jan 26
B=2.5 c milk, vits, 1/2 banana, 1 c cereal
L= Chick-fil-a 1/2 grilled chicken wrap, 1/2 choc mint cupcake
S= 1/2 c salsa, 1/2 c tortilla chips? crumbs from bottom of bag
D= 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 french toast, syrup, coffee
S= 1/2 cupcake
E= none

I took a nap this afternoon. I was watching TV and kept falling asleep upright so I obviously needed it. I kept waking up last night thinking I was late for my devotional!

Thistoo, once I got past the horror of being strung up to a mike and in front of all those people I kind of enjoyed myself.

Mandy, I've read that about lack of sleep also. Neither my Mom nor I sleep well and we have similar problems so I'm wondering if there isn't something genetic about it also.

Kuchick, I used to work in a bakery, so now I can't stand the smell of donuts anymore. I agree if I'm going to waste calories on something sweet it better be something really great!

Vickielou, since you belong to a gym, hopefully you can get into the habit of working out your stress instead of eating. I have to admit most times eating is easier, this is something I struggle with also.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #74  

Hi, just joining in here as a regainer. I lost 45lbs in 2005 but gained it back in 2007 and kept it on since (due to series of unfortunate events. im confident i can lose and maintain!)

I started at 273 and I am now at 264! a reasonable goal for me is 190 as I'm 6'0 tall. Glad to be here!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #75  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PENGUIN ~ I'm amazed that you can eat just 1/2 a cupcake. I'm not a big sweets fan, so donuts aren't a problem for me. My issue would be my favorite cookie; so they don't exist in my home ... Congrats on doing so well at the devotional presentation; sent some prayers up for you about that!

Like others here, I just had to accept that there are certain trigger foods that set me off on a carb binge and that's that. If I see something is a problem for me, that one gets scrapped. I can make healthy muffins and eat only one; I put a tsp of peanut butter on each half for protein to balance that out. Yesterday, I put some whey protein powder in them, so I could skip the PB ...

MANDY ~ Since I went into menopause, I have issues with sleep -- I have a busy mind too. I find if I am chilled I can't sleep either, so I've been piling on the blankets, but then I get too and have to throw them off ...

My eating has been going well this week; I ate a bit more carbs trying to keep myself warm, but I still stayed well within my calorie amounts each day. Yahoo ... yahoo ... yahoo!!!
Closed Thread