Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 AM   #166  
Made of Starstuff

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Zinke - Glad those vacation pounds are coming off I hope you were able to get something decent for dinner at your MIL's house!

Yesterday went well. Turns out I was nervous over nothing... My sister and her family ate lunch in the car on their way up, and then left before dinner time! *facepalm* I was all planned out to offer them different things and they didn't even want any. -_- I was, in a way, mentally prepared for pizza. But, I ended up having some shrimp to snack on, and a nice big salad with veggies, sliced chicken, and low fat dressing. No Points problems whatsoever!

I was exhausted, but I am super proud of myself for dragging my bum up on the treadmill last night. I didn't push myself as hard as I might've normally, but I still got up there and walked.

My scale continues to taunt me. The frustration is that I think it's a stupid scale, and I can step on it three times in a row and it'll give me three VASTLY different numbers. (Example of this morning: *step on scale* 297.8 "okay cool" *step off....step on* 301.9 "what." *step off....step on* 299.2 *facepalm*) If it were consistent at least I'd be able to gauge my progress either way... but with numbers all over the place it's basically like having no scale.

I have an analog scale, which is nice to see if the first scale is at least in the right area, but it's not really great for those super accurate numbers.

Maybe it's my floor. Maybe I need to take out the level and check my floors. All this fuss over a stupid scale.

Fun NSV: I was able to shimmy out of my jeans yesterday without unbuttoning or unzipping them! Yes, they're stretch jeans, but I most certainly couldn't do that when I started. So at least I know I've lost inches overall, even if the scale-monster is being brutal.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #167  

Hi all!!
Great work Lovely - sounds like you stayed in control entirely - even if you ended up had pizza, you were prepared to make great choices. GOOD WORK. I bought a brand new scale at the start of this venture, and I can do the same thing, although my numbers vary through about half a kilo....

Three month report card:
: MRS Tee1st August 2011

- I have stayed POP every day, making as good a choices as the situation allows.
- I have lost 20.1 kilos or 44.3 pounds
- I am one third of the way through my journey
- I feel more like a "normal person"
- I have shrunk into a variety of clothes that I have not worn since 2004, I can now wear jeans and a nice hoodie to watch my son play soccer, not out of shape track pants.
- I have thrown away some horrific fat clothes - stained, out of shape, and really unattractive
- I feel better, more energetic, more in control of my life.

Grade B+

Needs to improve

EXCERCISE
- It's nearly the end of netball season, so I will be home a lot more, time to get walking on a regular basis.
- Need to eat more fish!!

Time to move forward into the next three months and loose the next 20 kilos, that takes me down to a weight I feel happy at, still a further 20 to go after that, but by Christmas I'd like to be nearly through the 2nd third of my journey
Old 07-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #168  
Made of Starstuff

MrsT - Congratulations on your 3 month celebration!

B+? See, were I grading that I'd give you an A! You're doing fantastically - and I'm happy that you joined 3FC so we get to share in your journey
Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #169  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Quick check-in before I go to bed...T! You're a harsh grader! I'm with Lovely. A on that report card. And extra credit for being so supportive to us all too!

School starts for my youngest tomorrow, so back to the life of the routine, I hope. I've had several very busy days, between getting him ready for school, dealing with my mother and finally, my high school reunion yesterday. I've had way too much wine in the last four days! But being so busy keeps me away from eating, so calories have been lower. I weighed in at 297 lbs again the other day (after popping up by 10 a couple weeks ago). I know it was a silly feeling, but it felt like I wasn't really entitled to be here, so I stayed away until I was back to where I needed to be.

So, the moment I get back below 300 lbs, it's TOM again! Stupid, STUPID menopause! I can't count on this being a regular thing at all right now. I'm quite bloaty right now, and very, very tired. I'm off to bed and I will chat again after Pilates tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #170  
Made of Starstuff

Happy August 1st & Happy Monday, everyone!

A new month. A new week. I'm making the most of it by being in the best "mental place" I can be.

Georgia - *sigh* Ugh. TOM. Is it -ever- convenient? >_< Don't you dare avoid us again no matter what the scale says!!! You belong here just like everyone else. I don't care if we all popped on the scale and it say 900 pounds. We're still here for the long-haul and that includes every step. (Okay I might care a little, because how on earth would we all have gained like 600 pounds overnight? ... maybe gravity on Earth changed...that would be a problem, though...*ahem*) I, for one, like reading about your updates and your day and how you've done. So please don't think you "don't deserve" to be here. We all deserve to be here. Every day.

My scale said I was up about a pound this week. I can't say I'm surprised with two "on plan, but not super on plan" days. *shrug* I'm here. That's all that matters. One pound isn't stopping me! In a couple of weeks it won't even matter.

And, I already have healthy plans for the week. More vegetables. I get in a good amount of fruits, but I really want to take advantage of more vegetables in my meals. Also, I need to go to the produce store more often to keep them on hand. Those are my goals for August. More vegetables. Keep them on hand.

It's a nice enough day. The sun is shining. Can't wait to get in my workout. =) Might do a load of laundry so I can get in some stairs with a purpose. It will be a good day!

Hope you all have great days, too!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #171  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

And the vacation pounds are gone and they took a few friends. As a bonus when we went to MIL's they had eaten while we were gone so DH and I went and got Subway. Yummy.

I have a love/hate relationship when one of my aunts come to town. They like to take the opportunity to visit our China Buffet. All you can eat and three fat women is a recipe for disaster. Last time I did pretty good though and limited myself to only one plate. It wasn't even piled so high that food fell off on the way back to the table, lol.

My other aunt is a totally different story. She was diagnosed with diabetes last fall and has totally cleaned up her way of eating. Despite the fact that I *knew* I overate it has been really eye opening for me watching her the last few months. She comes over for breakfast usually once a week. It is amazing that I have become accustomed to such smaller meals in such a short time.

The dreaded scale. I've had those that give numerous readings within seconds of each other. I've learned that I take the first reading and put it away. I do weigh every day but have learned (finally) to not stress about the day to day. As long as my daily weights trend downward I am pleased.

I think I'm going to take the time this afternoon to take some proper before pics and maybe some measurements. Then I'm going to go through the closet and find a mini goal outfit.

Mrs. T - I agree with others that you have been to harsh in your grading. You have had amazing progress in just 3 months.

Georgia - school already? I have twins that will be entering 2nd grade this year. I think we start back Sept. 6th. We used to start the last Tuesday in August but the state decided to move our start dates until after Labor Day in hopes of getting one last dollar out of the tourists.

HA! I have PCOS so TOM doesn't visit me very often. I don't look forward to his more frequent visits as the weight comes off.

Off to go bless my body and my house. Have a great day
Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #172  

Morning all!

Is so different over there with your long summer holiday - I suppose its what you grow up with, we have Christmas time when most people take there annual vacation - most of Australia does not much from 25th December until after the public holiday for Australia Day on 26th January.

I am still ruled by the school year too, my youngest in his 4th year of high school, he is going on 16. One at university, one finished uni and working, and out of home.

Thanks for the upgrade girls, but I have done very little excercise, have tried to move a little more, but not in any structured way. Really need to do that! But I don't enjoy it....

TOM a thing of the recent past for me - don't miss it!!

Georgia - been wondering where you were!!!! Glad your back, missed you.
Sounds like everyone is up for a good day today despite the heat you having. The willpower versus habits is really interesting!

So, as we all know every "good" choice adds up ladies!! One good meal, one good day, one good week - and before you know it - those clothes are loose, the scaley monster is happy, and we feel better in ourselves.
I know we ALL know this, but saying is easy!!!! Doing is far harder.... but we can make that commitment!

Have a good one!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #173  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Hullo,

I'm finding it hard to get to the forum on weekends. And I've decided I hate mondays for WI report. Heck no. Scale hasn't budged much for me except + and - .4 's - it's frustrating. Eric (my partner) told me he's watching me do all this strength training so I can't beat myself up for not losing lbs as I'm gaining muscle.

I'm still unhappy. I want to lose pounds! grrrrrr.

I didn't do ANY fitness today because I pulled a butt muscle (!!!!) on my walk. I've been walking in borrowed shoes ( a half size too small no less) because my Bohemian self moved here with only flip flops. I've been doing 2.5 miles a day in my mom's tennis shoes! I have 7 blisters, so I was babying my feet and stepped down wrong. Today it felt a lot better, but I decided to NOT push it. I will lift weights and do Pilates tomorrow. I kept my calories and food on target today so I'm cool. OH! And, I ordered some swanky new walking/running shoes to fit me. So no walking until those bad girls come in the mail. I'll post pictures when they do.

Happy August, Y'all!

-Kiki

Last edited by Wyllowbelle; 08-01-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #174  
Made of Starstuff

Zinke - I think taking measurements/pictures/having a goal outfit picked out is a great idea! It also sounds like the one aunt is a really great influence to have around.

MrsT - Absolutely agree with you. One good thing at a time. One day at a time. We're all doing SO much better than we used to. I HATE those old habits I used to have. I LOVE the new habits that I'm building.

Kiki - Monday happens to be convenient for me only because I happened to start my journey on a Monday. I used to weigh-in on Thursdays a long time ago, because I'd started on a Thursday. The day didn't matter as much as just making sure to weigh-in once a week. If you end up changing your weigh-in day, then change it! Just keep it consistent! Definitely wait on those new sneakers so that you'll be more comfortable walking. Safety first! (As cheesy as it sounds >_>)

Ahhh... Tuesday. It's Sunny out, again. I woke up a little late. Going to catch that before it gets out of hand. I don't have a lot to do today, so after I'm finished foruming I'm going to get up on the treadmill and take my walk. Looking forward to it.

I did 25 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, and got in my veg/fruits. Today I had some scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms and onions, plus a banana on the side so I actually already got in my servings of veg/fruit. I'll still be having more vegetables for dinner, so I feel very good about this.

Planning for an on plan day, and feeling grand!

Keep on truckin', ladies
Old 08-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #175  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

MrsTee - That is one long Christmas vacation. We are usually off from school a few days before Christmas until a few days after the 1st. So anywhere from 10-14 days.

Wyllowbelle - Yay to new shoes. Shoes are one item of clothing that I won't skimp on. It takes me forever to find a pair that fit comfortably. I'm the crazy lady who runs laps and does walking lunges around the store to make sure they are comfy. And then when I find a pair I like the first thing I do is go online and find the cheapest price I can and order a second pair.

My cpap mask was bothering me last night when I was sleeping. I couldn't seem to get a good seal and it kept blowing in my eyes so I took it off. The result is I slept like crap. I woke up to a rainy, overcast day and that hasn't helped my spirits.

I've also decided that I need to start taking my vitamins regularly and that includes my metformin. I've been real sporadic about taking it for the last year and as a result am having some bathroom issues. I know the worst of it will be over in a few days and I don't have to many plans so I should be find.

Measurements are done. Pictures have been taken. Food log is open and I have 1000 calories left for the day.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #176  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

@Zinke - If I don't sleep well, I'm pretty worthless for the day. And I hate it when I can't sleep with my CPAP! I'm totally identifying with you today. I had a crappy night's sleep too (caused by the squirrels in my head that wouldn't go to sleep), so I missed exercising today. I made okay food choices and still have a few hundred left for dinner. I think I'm just going to eat salad tonight. And go to bed early!

@Kiki - Pulled a butt muscle?! Love it! I used to do that a lot when I first started Pilates. Was surprised I even had some back there!

@Lovely - Thank you for setting me straight. It's the check-in that mean I'm exercising my accountability support that leads me to staying on track. I'll keep coming back. Today, I still feel bloaty and crampy. (Weighed in at 303 lb...grrrr!) Plus, I feel so exhausted. @T, did you get so tired during TOM just before you reached menopause? I tend to snack more for the energy during those times, and I tend to not make wise choices. Not horrible choices. Generally I eat more of the carbs I've been avoiding, like the whole wheat pasta with cheese or almond butter and marmalade on whole wheat bread. Comfort foods for me.

Life has been quite busy, still doing things for my mother every day. I'm way behind at work and my house is bedlam right now. I decided to drop my Pilates class for a month, until I catch up on housework and my projects. I'll still exercise at home. I have loads of DVDs and equipment to use. I can exercise during off hours, like get up earlier in the morning for the rowing machine, squeeze in some miles on it during the day and do some Pilates at home just before bed. I'm going to miss the support and comraderie of the classroom. Hopefully by the end of the month my mother will be done with the eye drops and I can get back to class. And then I need to figure out what to do starting October when she has her second surgery!

Ciao, my beauties! Time to take my youngest to taekwondo.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #177  

I just felt exhausted ALL the time during peri-menopause, thought Lord if this is what its like afterwards I'll never get off the lounge. TOM whether it arrived or not was the worst.
But this year 18 months since a TOM I feel far far better.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #178  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Default Boogie Shoes

What a Bouncy and fun walk this morning. Nice to be back in Business.

Ahhh comfortable shoes that fit ROCK by the way!

(I hope I did that right)

-Kiki
Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #179  

Nice shoes!!
Running shoes are SO expensive here, $200 for a good pair!

But I will need some new ones too shortly if I am to start dog-walking seriously...

Posted another good loss this week, so week 14 is completed. Must admit I feel my determination waivering ever so slightly, been a good 14 weeks, I have achieved a lot, and a "little voice inside my head says oh you can fit into your jeans and tops, you could have a little treat".
I have to remind myself that LOSING WEIGHT and GAINING HEALTH is the TREAT!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #180  
Made of Starstuff

MrsT - Oh those devilish little voices... always saying things. Best to squash them early!

Kiki
- Nick kicks, lady! No more foot pain!

Georgia - Stay strong during this hectic month Being healthier is sometimes doing the things we can. So if you have to work your exercise routine around your schedule this month, then do whatcha gotta do! And I wish a speedy recovery for your mother!

Zinke - I hope your plans for returning to the vitamin-taking have gone well! Grats on taking those pictures/measurements. In just a short while you'll be thrilled you can have comparisons done!

It's late. I'm on plan. Had to FORCE myself to take a late walk tonight, and I really wasn't feeling it until 10 minutes in when I remembered "Do the thing to get the feeling". It's so true. I was relieved after taking the walk, even if not for the walk's sake... but for the fact that I did it, and don't have to regret not doing it.

The last couple of days I've been under Points, which while marginally better than being over Points is not something I'm thrilled with. I obviously want to be able to eat normally, and not end up starving or feel deprived. So I've been having a couple of nuts. That usually handles most of it.

Ah well. They're still on plan and not awful days. Have to keep that in mind. Rare is a "perfect" day. Most days are filled with coulda/shoulda/woulda, but the majority is good and that's all that matters as the good adds up!

Closed Thread