Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #106  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

so yesterday was not a great day. the kids fought with each other and took turns destroying the house. by the time dinner rolled around i was not mentally on my game. i overate dinner followed by chips and candy. i was probably over my calories by nearly a thousand. and yet the scale said very nice things to me. i just don't understand our bodies.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #107  

Nearly beddie time here - been a busy day! Straight from work to netball coaching, so no time for tea, and no hubbie at home cooking either - and two hungry teenage boys to feed, so I had my first fast food since May 1st, not too bad, a McDonalds Tandoori Seared Chicken Wrap. Do they do those over there too? About 320 cals and 33 carbs - but I needed something to eat and it was late, so I'm reasonably happy with that. It has what we call here the heart foundation "tick" which means it is a reasonably healthy choice, less than 9 grams of fat and a percentage of veggies etc.
Is one a several healthy choices Maccas do here - do they do them there too?

So its off to bed with me, how you all wake up to a great day on plan!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #108  

I've never heard of that wrap here in Northern Michigan USA but it sound delicious.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #109  
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys =)

Oooh... tandoori...That sounds yummy! We've got chicken wraps at McDonald's around here, but not that particular kind. Sounds great, though! And I've had to do similar things before, sometimes the best choice we have isn't "awesome", but it's still a lot better than what we used to do!

I feel... emotionally off my game today. I'm not sure what it is, maybe I just woke upon the wrong side of the bed. I'm sticking to my food an exercise plans (a great thing), but I dunno. Not feeling great, feeling unsure.

Maybe when I get up on the treadmill I'll start feeling better. For now it's just one foot in front of the other.

Hope you all are planning on enjoying the weekend!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #110  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Hi y'all. This is where I'm hanging out. I'm right at 282 on the scale today, but I've been playing with 5 lbs as I start this crazy journey again.

Question - how often do you weigh? Do you measure inches, too? How often for that?

Feedback loved and appreciated,

-Kiki
Old 07-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Zink- We all stumble its getting back up on the proverbial horse that matters!

MrsTee- I think what you did was very commendable. How many of us could actually just have a wrap at mcdonalds. Not many! So I am gonna say congrats! You dealt with a situation and today you are back at it.

Lovely- so sorry you don't feel altogether today. I feel like that at times but I tend to think that it has more to do with my body being on this physical and emotional roller coaster more than anything. I usually find the treadmill gets me in better spirits. Hope it helped!

Wyllow- My husband teases me sometimes because I never ever weighed myself at all and now I weigh in each morning. I find that weighing daily can help me see what foods effect me in which ways. It also makes me not allow myself to go over board because I hate that darn scale in the morning when I do. I haven't done measurements but I do pay attention to how different size jeans fit.

Well everyone it seems that I am almost back to my 281.5 of last Saturday. 283.5 this morning and hopefully back to the 281.5 tomorrow. Refusing to sabotage myself this weekend! Hope everyone had a great day and is ready for a pleasant on plan weekend.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #112  

Morning all or good night, in our upside down conversations!

I too weigh every day now, yet weighed ummmmm.... zero times in the last 5 years??????????
I weigh every morning before hopping into the shower. I know water weight etc means the numbers go up and down so only record once a week.

But it's a disipline that helps me not blow out. I know if I only weigh weekly I tend to be far laxer in the first two or three days then tend to starve in the last four to make up for it! Bit like cramming for an exam that you should have studied for weeks ago..

I take measurements on and off, but I do like to have a "try on" pair of pants and a shirt, one of many that are ( or were) too tight, and I try them on every week or so, and just enjoy seeing the buttons get closer together!

At the moment I'm chucking some fat clothes out - that's a GREAT feeling- and moving onto the next section of my " 44 sizes of clothes that don't fit" wardrobe.. *sigh*...I have soooo many clothes that have just hung in my closet for years, bought on a whim or from 2004 when I got to 106 kilos or 230 ish.
But I'm heading there now, and come Christmas I'll be getting close again......
But for now - just breakfast, then lunch, then dinner, I'll be POPping today for sure!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #113  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome Kiki =)

I weigh daily (first thing in the morning immediately after bathroom time) and put it in my charts for science! However, it's merely experimental and I only "count" Mondays.

I also measure inches every 3 months. (Arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs) I also take pictures every 3 months. I also have clothing that is "slightly too tight" that I'm aiming to fit back into...etc. Lots of ways to measure my progress.

OMWD - Thanks for the boost. The treadmill did help me blow off a little emotional steam. I'm feeling a little more level now in the evening.

MrsT -

I'm just checking around the forums tonight. Maybe I'll sneak in a cooling shower. Tomorrow I'm going to be out walking and shopping for much of the day.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #114  

MrsTee- Oh how I love chucking the fat clothes! I however did it a bit early this time and was suddenly determined to not gain to much for fear of being stuck going to work in my sweat pants or pj's. Your comment about the 44 sizes is hysterical. I too have a ton of clothes like that. I recently realized that I have enough clothes to probably last me through the rest of the year. Cant' wait to get to goal and buy a whole new wardrobe and be able to buy clothes I like and not just ones that fit and help hide my fat.

Lovely-Shopping sounds fun. I have been avoiding it completely but while we were out of town last weekend I made myself try on a couple shirts because nothing fit at all anymore and I was starting to feel like a bag lady and what do you know I am finally no longer a 3X. Big fun!!!!!

Well time for my saturday routine. I finish work at noon and off to open all the doors and windows in the house and clean. Its a good way to air out the house and sweat my brains out. I sooo want to push into the 270's by tomorrow morning but we shall see.

Wishing you all a POP day.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #115  

Yay! My fitbit is here already DH's vacation starts tomorrow so I was really excited to get it so soon so I can see how much activity I get while we are out sightseeing. Not to mention that I didn't want it sitting in the mailbox if we were gone. I'll be sure to post updates on how it is working.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #116  

Sunday night here - been an "on plan" weekend, and the working week beckons once again.
Today I have been on a coaching course all day and probably haven't drunk nearly enough water, and just ate a few roast veggies with my roast pork. But have have very little to eat during the day, so it'll all end up about right....the scaly monster might not think so in the morning...monsterous contraption.

Have a great Sunday - hope you are all keeping cool....
Old 07-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #117  

MONSTEROUS CONTRAPTION is right!

Ok rant over...Scale refused to say 279 this morning. 281 again and even after exercise and bathroom time it still wouldn't budge past 280! Oh well there is always tomorrow. I plan to be comfortably in the 270's by the end of the week.

Zink- Awesome news about your fit bit. Think it sounds really neat.

MrsTee- Water is an awesome thing. It seems to make or break me but if I don't consume enough today tomorrow always seems to make up for it.

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous weekend. Sunday here so we are off to spend some time with my aunt and uncle at the bowling alley. Haven't been in years so should be fun. NO BOWLING ALLEY FOOD ALLOWED THOUGH. Have already packed a bag of nuts to munch on and a cheese stick.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #118  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

The summer doldrums continue for me...summer doldrums + permenopause sucks to high heaven! Huge carb cravings again yesterday, and it's just getting warmer and warmer and I can't bear to exercise. Major water weight gain again.

I think that until the whole menopause thing works itself out, I'm just going to be riding a wave of disappointment with regards to the scale. The one thing that seems to keep my head in the game is that I threw out all those bigger clothes. I have one pair of size 24 pants that started to get snug again and it's a very motivating reality check.

I was reading up on fiber and keeping the intestines moving regularly. I have been concentrating on eating enough fiber (30+ gm/day) to keep me regular, but I still wasn't. And it was getting really uncomforable. So I did a little more digging on the subject and have learned more about getting the intestinal flora in balance. That seems to be more valuable that loading up on fiber in general.

It's all about the prebiotics, which seems to come in the form of soluble fiber. So I'm going to concentrate more on foods with lots of soluble fiber and submit a "poo report" later next week. I know you'll all be sitting on the edge of your "seat" waiting for that!

Went out to see Captain American last night. I now have a new young man to get all lusty over! Yum! What a rockin' bod! He did it all with planned eating (protein and carbs before workouts, protein and fats after workouts) and body-weight exercises.

I think I'm going to do my walking at the mall today. Wish there was a really big art gallery or museum nearby. I wouldn't be tempted by shopping in those places.

Have a great day!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #119  

Georgia, looking forward to your report, I have the same issues, eat a lot of oat bran and pysillium (sic). But have to push it all along with a mild laxative once or twice a week.

Menopause sucks - I just felt sooo blah ( technical term) for just about a year.....BUt feel jolly good this year!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #120  
Made of Starstuff

Monday Morning...

Hi everyone!

Zinke - Hope that Fitbit works well!

OMWD - ... FORTY POUNDS DOWN! Doesn't need to be fast. You're kicking *** and taking names! Did you do well avoiding the bowling alley food? That stuff is a trap!

MrsT - Monstrous contraption! That it is.

Georgia - You know we're going to be waiting for that report Oooh that Captain America... I'd love to get a rockin' bod with just body weight workouts!

This week went alright. I feel like I'm holding on by the skin of my teeth to the 200's. I did lose a little weight, but it's still too close to the 300's for me. It's like I won't feel "safe" until I'm 289, and I don't have to fear seeing 300 on the scale anytime soon. If that makes sense.

I've got my To Do list ready for the day, and I just had a solid breakfast so I'm going to read up on the forums, then get in my workout and start crossing a few things off the list. My sister and her kiddos visit this coming weekend so I want my house looking at least somewhat tolerable.

Plus I'm not sure what we're going to do with them here. I was thinking we'd make homemade pizza. Still pizza, but at least I can keep an eye on what goes into it. We'll see. I'll chat with her later this week and figure out what they want to do.

Have a good start to a new week, folks!
Closed Thread