Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #226  
Made of Starstuff

Evening everyone!

Thanks guys I'm feeling pretty good.

Mishibish - You're very welcome here I think focusing on healthy eating (and not just a number) is an excellent thing to do for your daughter. We're happy to have you join us and can't wait to get to know you better on your journey. Stick with it, and in a year you'll be excited about that plane trip!

Downsizer - Congrats on Onederland How great!

Kiki - Changing up your fitness is actually a good thing. Keeps your body working hard and guessing

MrsT - I go through waves. Ups and downs. Sometimes the good feelings are there and I'm going strong. Other times, it's just... "follow the plan" without any "oomph" behind it. In some ways, those are the weeks I'm most proud of, because it'd be very easy to just do whatever and go back to eating things I know I wouldn't really want, but I still stick to plan even if it's not "the best" it's better, and right now better is amazing.

Zinke - Glad your back is getting better! Logging is a success. Logging things we don't want to see on our food trackers is an even BIGGER success.

Martini, Shalyn, Purplefirefly & Georgia
- &

My sleep's been a bit off lately, but I'm still staying within my points and getting my exercise done. My brother & his fiancee are visiting in two weeks, so that's motivation to keep the house sparkling and to clear out more junk.

However, since they're staying for half a week, I have to plan meals out, etc, while still staying on plan. Still, I'm happy they're coming, and my brother is very understanding about that stuff, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Cheers everyone!

Last edited by Lovely; 08-09-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #227  

Hi all!!!

Lovely, you are right, its the weeks were we feel flat and a bit blah, those weeks when you'd rather wear track pants than nice trousers, and a sloppy t shirt rather than a form fitting top; and look in the mirror and don't see anything you like - THOSE weeks are the ones we just have to get done.

I will just settle in for the long haul, and trust that all the good work will pay off- we all KNOW it does!

It's time for winter to be over I think - time for some spring weather - been a cold rainy winter here by aussie standards, and I'm over it... but then again - I'm not quite ready to go for the smaller spring/summer clothes - so maybe on the other I'll put up with a couple more months of winter clothes!!!

You USA ladies will be looking forward to cracking out the winter woolies - for many of you they will be too BIG????????
Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #228  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Lovely - Congratulations on reaching that goal!

Downsizer - Awesome, I can't wait to make it to onderland!

Welcome Mishibish! I'm fairly new here too. The encouragement and support from everyone here is helping me immensely!

This mornings weigh in was 206.6...so glad I lost that pound that I had gained. Today, I traveled over 200 miles with a 5 year old and an almost 3 month old. It would have been super easy to stuff those travel snacks in my mouth but I resisted and managed to stay on plan with carbs and IF. My meals consisted of lots of salad, fruit and protein...I was also able to sneak in a small lemon bar and a few bites of bread pudding. Naughty, I know. Now to see if I can stay on plan for the rest of the vacation. Shopping with my mom usually leads to many unhealthy restaurants...Mexican food, Chinese food, etc. I weigh myself daily (okay, at least twice a day) and I have no scale for the next 5 days! I hope I go home with a smaller number!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #229  
thinks she can

S/C/G: 321/266.1/170

Height: 5'9"

Argh! Struggling, struggling, struggling and thought I'd post here instead of eating the cheesecake sitting a few feet away from me. Don't know if I'm postponing the inevitable, but right now I'm determined to fight the good fight.

Started the day on plan and stayed on plan. Lunch was bigger than I had anticipated and a friend brought a mini cheesecake to my office to thank me for some help I had provided. We shared a piece of cheesecake and the rest of it she left in my office because things got chaotic at a crucial moment and I forgot to tell her to take the rest with her.

Note to self: I have to begin telling people to thank me with flowers.

I'm at a 1500 daily limit and I've got exactly 111 calories left. Hmpf. Low-cal soup is on the agenda for dinner just so I get something in my stomach. I think it might be one of those days where I go to bed early to avoid eating.
Hmpf.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #230  

S/C/G: pounds lost: 8.9 of 52.5

Hello everyone! I'm new here and in need of a thread to join. I feel so very far from this goal, but it's going to be a huge milestone when I do get there. Baby steps!

Edit: I forgot to mention just how new to everything I am. This is day two for me, and I'm in it for the long haul. I have so much to learn from all of you! Looking forward to sharing my successes and struggles. I hope I can provide some support along the way, too.

Last edited by paris in 6; 08-10-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #231  
Optimistic.

martini - oh no, cheesecake! my favorite!

I recently made a coconut cake and only 3 pieces got eaten so I was stuck with my second favorite dessert. I cut each piece into 4 bite size pieces, bagged them separately and put them in the freezer. I can plan a small piece or two into my meals when I want AND I get something I crave so it makes me feel indulgent without using all my calories & carbs for the day. If I don't plan it and have it to look forward to, I eat a huge piece and it ruins meals for the rest of the day.

If you think it will be trouble, don't feel bad just tossing it out or giving it away! Good luck!

Paris- Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself. Everyone is so supportive which keeps me coming back..and I'm learning a lot, too. Good luck!

Last edited by shalyn; 08-10-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #232  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

More newbies to the group! This is so cool! I'm so glad you're all here. We're all in this for the long haul (except for downsizer55...way to go girlfriend!!!!!) and we've got time to spend getting to know each other.

One of the biggest motivators to stay on track, for me, has been to have the good, meaningful support system. Accountability to others is important to me, but I can't be accountable to just anyone. I need people who bring compassion for the struggles and don't pack along any judgement. I love that I can find that here every day!

There's always bumps on the road. So many bumps on my road right now that I'm going to have to get a better bra! I am off to my therapist in a bit. Gonna chat about why I'm not sleeping well (stress) and how that always messes up my resolve to exercise and not overeat. I only slept three hours last night, but had to be up at 6:30 and have appointments all day. Don't know how I'm going to make it to 7 pm, but I already had a giant cup of coffee with cream, scrambled eggs, and something I never, ever ate before that's also on my "do not eat" list...an apple fritter from Starbucks. I took it because it was free and I ate it because I needed sugar to give me an energy boost.

I still have 130 lbs to go. I already lost 55 lbs. At the rate I'm losing, it's going to take me ten years to get it all off! I guess that's okay, 1/4 lb a week. As long as I'm moving in the right direction.

I can sense that in my low- energy state, I'm starting to ramble here. Gotta get ready for the therapist, and then I'm going to take a nap!

Ciao mie bellezze! Have a lovely day!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #233  
Made of Starstuff

Afternoon everyone! =D

MrsT - I dunno that they'll be too big... but I'm hoping they will fit! Because I'm pretty sure this time last year, they were faaaarrr too small. (Sausage casing small!) So if I can wear them comfortably that will be a perfect success!

Shalyn - Way to go while traveling with the kids and not using it as an excuse to eat travel snacks! I'm wishing you a lot of willpower and balance while you're without your scale.

Martini - ACK! Cheesecake is definitely a weakness of mine. Could you give it away or something?

Paris
- We're happy to have you join!

Georgia - I completely agree. Sometimes I need a little tough love, but with that understanding of "We've been there." Some days are gonna be good, and we need to celebrate that, and some days are gonna be all out of whack and we need that place where we can get our heads on straight and say "It's not the end of the journey here." We've discussed this before, but when my sleep is not in order -- wham! My whole day gets kinda fuzzy and crazy, and it gets harder to make better choices. You can do this, woman!

---

I'm having some seafood salad for lunch. It's pretty good, and because I whipped it together myself, it doesn't have any extra fatty/oily nonsense in it.

Not much else going on other than that! I'm getting antsy to do a little more organizing, so I may delve into a corner in the computer room and get cracking.

Wishing everyone willpower today!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #234  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Bah. I disappear for a few days and my eating goes out the window. I've been tracking every bite but my calorie totals have not been pretty. My sunburn is starting to peel. For.the.third.time.

I'm determined to stay on plan for the next few days. I have a family reunion on Saturday and my family doesn't pull any punches when it comes to food and lots of it. I'm gonna try my damnedest to focus on the the people and not the potluck going on around me. We have all sorts of family and friends coming in from out of state that I only get to see once a year.

Welcome to the newbies. I haven't been here long either but everyone made me feel very welcome.

p.s. Toss that cheesecake. I sneezed on it, lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #235  
thinks she can

I can't believe it would ever be possible, but I brought the cheesecake home and put it in my fridge and I didn't eat any of it. I had some soup for dinner and stayed within my calorie limit for the day. This is so remarkable. I feel so empowered!

Good luck to everyone trying to stay on track!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #236  

Hey there all old gals and new gals!!!! Great to meet new faces! More the merrier, more folks to journey along with.
Paris in 6 - are you going to PARIS IN 6 (months)????

Shalyn -Great idea re the freezing portions and saving them for small treats!!!!
I thought that was excellent, because not matter how hard I try I CANNOT bring myself to throw out good food.

Well, WI day today, and I eeked out a .4 loss - or 9/10s of a pound! Not a lot, but considering I thought I'd post in my first gain - I'm happy! I've had a pretty good week - a bit of a splurge on Saturday and Sunday but nothing too damaging.

So onwards and upwards all - Georgia-keep the faith- you sound like you are on a knife edge - stress and eating are best freinds in my world - so WELL DONE you for keeping strong.
Lovely - no more sausage casing pants - EVER!
Zinke- your poor back- so red- hopefully is getting better now...make the best choices you can with the family.

Have a good one everybody - see less of you tomorrow!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Hey I'm on my way lost 2 more lbs today at weigh in..I'm now it the 250's.. eeek 59 lbs to ONEDERLAND!
Do you think I could do it by Christmas?????? Or at least pretty close..

Last edited by SLIMplicity; 08-10-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #238  
Optimistic.

Martini- great job! You have willpower! Toss that cake out...Zinke sneezed on it!

Tee- Thanks my mom taught me that! I don't like to waste food either. And congrats on the loss..at least your moving in the right direction. A loss is a loss and every little bit counts.

SLIMplicity- Great job on the loss! Congrats!

I didn't go too far off today with my eating. I did have mexican food but it involved spinach and mushrooms. Does that count as healthy if it was wrapped in a tortilla? My entree came with 2 and I only ate 1 and less than half the rice and beans. Of course there was the taquitos (fried), which I had 3 of. They were small! Besides that I had salad and a little fruit for the rest of the day. *sigh* Okay so maybe I didn't do as good as I thought but I'm on vacation! But I'm not just mindlessly stuffing my face like I normally would.

I did, however, get in a good sprint...as me and my daughter ran away from a pug that was chasing us!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #239  
thinks she can

MrsTee - Awesome, awesome news! Losing .4kg is infinitely better than gaining .4kg. Therein lies the tragedy of the metric system, though. The numbers just aren't as impressive as the English system. Therefore I am going to round up and say that you lost a pound this week. Congratulations!!

Lovely - Three cheers for no longer having sausage casing pants!

Shalyn - Watch out for pugs! Those little buggers run faster than you'd think!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #240  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I finally got the pounds off that my weekend bingeing put on. But there has been a major change of plans with my upcoming weekend. It was supposed to be just a Saturday day trip and now it has turned into a three night getaway. I'm actually loving the change since I will get to spend so much time with family that we only see once a year.

Plus there is a BIG bonus. Since I am leaving this afternoon to go down that means I will be decorating the cake down there on Friday. That means I'll have plenty of witnesses around so I won't be tempted to eat nearly as much yummy frosting. I consume way to much of that when I am decorating.

I think I need to find a neighborhood dog to chase me. I could use the added exercise, lol.
Closed Thread