Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #271  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Down 2lbs to 265.4 this morning. I've finally shed most of the vacation gain but still have 2.1lbs until I reach my lowest low. I'm focused and determined though so I KNOW it's gonna happen!

Sabrina -- Wow, you're right. We have TONS in common. I am a full-time working mom of two and my husband is a SAHD! AND get this...my birthday is March 8th! I am cracking up at all the similarities! I live in Northern Sacramento in Antelope...what about you?

Dreamer -- Big contrats on the closet shopping. I haven't moved sizes but yet but do HAVE to dry my jeans otherwise they're baggy after an hour. I'm thinking positive though and having my hubby pull my "small jeans" box down from the attic. Who knows... I hope the hormonesl level out for you.

Trish -- You probably won't see this but congrats on getting into the 250's! I'll see you soon!

DCchick -- Nice post WI day loss you've got there!!

Last edited by JamiSue3916; 07-14-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

DCchick and Jamisue Thanks for the congrats. I still peek in here for a while, because I am not always ready to leave you all behind.

Good job on the losses and before too long I will see you in the next thread with me!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

Congrats on everyone's losses and successes!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #274  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Congrats trish!! fingers crossed for smaller sizes jami!!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 305 / ticker / 175

Height: 5' 10"

Smaller sizes are the bomb! I always hate the in-between phase where your larger size is baggy by the end of the day, but the smaller size is too tight to be comfortable when you first put it on.

trish! Congrats on moving down to the 250's! I don't blame you for sticking around for a week or two, though, to keep in touch and encourage the ladies here to join you. I'm always skeptical when the number goes down.. I got down to 259 a couple times, and I'm glad I didn't run off to the next thread, because it jumped back up again. Boo! Hopefully sticking around here doesn't jinx you and have your weight jump back up! You kick those 250's butts, girl!

JamiSue! OMG. This is so freaky. So I'm a full time working mom of 2. Hubby is a SAHD. My birthday is March 6th. I live in North Highlands.. probably not far from where you're at, actually! We have the same start and goal weight. We even have the same basic strategy and attitude about weight loss! We should definitely chat more.

Dreamer! I so totally know what you mean about the bi-polar days. I am actually diagnosed with bi-polar and there are times when it feels like my mood swings happen drastically several times a day.. and other times I feel stuck in one place for a long time. I've been fighting the down cycle for a while now and it is so incredibly frustrating how much a bad mood can interfere with weight loss! I hope that your hormones regulate on their own (as much as is possible with PCOS anyway) and that things get easier. Just keep your eye on the prize and remember that every little victory counts! Like fitting into those pants!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #276  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

Sabrina - Okay, now this is becoming freaky. I grew up in North Highlands. I went to Kohler Elem, Don Julio Jr. and Highlands High. Did you go to any of those schools? I'm betting we were in at least one of those schools at the same time. What year did you graduate HS? Either way, we should get together for coffee or lunch or something one day.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #277  

JamiSue - no, I didn't grow up in North Highlands... I lived there as a baby, but my parents moved to West Sacramento when I was little and I grew up there, and went to private school. Do you know Sacramento Adventist Academy (on Garfield and Winding Way)? That was my high school. Class of '98. It's probably 2 or 3 miles from where I live right now. I've been in North Highlands since I married my husband almost 11 years ago now, on Madison Avenue. He's the one that grew up in North Highlands/Rio Linda area most of his life, though he's a bit older.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #278  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

Sabrina -- Oh okay. Yea, I do actually know that school. My son played soccer in that area quite a bit. I'm class of '96. I can't believe how similar we look on paper! Too funny.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #279  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

I hear you sabrina and thanks. I definitely am not forgetting what I am doing if I have to cry my way through losng the weight or have drastic mood swings to get healthy, well them its going to be a very moody journey...my eye is on the prize, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies - still here, still fighting the good fight. Congrats to everyone on all their victories - and especially to Trish for blowing out of here!
Not sticking around the board long today, but since i'd been absent, just wanted to poke my head in and say hi!
Talk to you all next week!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #281  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Hey laura! Good to see you posting again! Hope you are seeing progress too!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #282  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

Down 2.4 to 263.0 this morning! Boo yah! I'm working hard and feeling good. I was just sick over gaining almost 9lbs of the weight I worked so hard to lose. So, not only did I lose all that again this week, I went ahead and lost .2 more putting my just under my lowest weight since beginning my journey.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #283  

Yay! Congrats JamiSue!

TOM decided to show up uninvited last night... I'd been struggling with feeling like I might have to go to the Dr. and get checked out.. (TMI - I thought maybe a yeast infection...?) Then TOM shows up late last night and I realize a lot of the struggle I had this past week was probably PMS that I wasn't expecting for at least another week.

I was always one who could set my watch to my cycle and knew exactly how long PMS would invade.. how many pounds would linger for how many days... when, exactly, TOM would finally show up and when it would end. But my cycle has been a bit wonky for the last few months.. but not enough to concern the doctors.. so I'm just trying to wait it out and hope it regulates again.

For now, though... at least for this weigh in... I'm at 264.6 lbs... Here's hoping next week will be better once TOM leaves town again...
Old 07-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #284  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

jamisue- THATS AWESOME!!! dayumm you are gonna make the 250's before me ROFL guess ill have to amp it up to catch ya so we can move into the 250's together

Sabrina- weight loss and especially STRESS can do that. I know its frustrating and annoying mine are ALWAYS irregular to the point that I get like 1-2 a year (2 this year) and NEVER know when they are going to show (except the one I always get in jan/feb)

Quite happy this AM yest was NOT a bipolar day and I weighed in at 267.4 yest am for the thanksgiving challenge This is the lowest I ever remember being since age 9 (when I was 90 lbs) after about that time I dint know my weight at all (doc never told me) until I stepped on the scale at my most recent doc and I said "ok tell me" and she said 320 *sickface* I was in denial and knowing it was my pcos but I didnt care and was in denial about pcos so I let it go and now I am down almost 60 lbs WOOHOOO cant wait to get skinnier!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #285  

Dreamer, you are doing awesome!! Keep it up, girl!!
Closed Thread