Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #121  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I’m up one pound this morning, but I think it’s from my pasta/cake break on Monday night. I’ve been on track before & after that so I’m not too worried about it.

Question of the day for everyone -- Do you have any rewards or treats planned for yourself at certain milestones? Have you bought many new clothes, do you buy much for each size, where do you get them?

Diana -- Morning! Congrats on your 1.2  I think you’re right, the pen is just for anaphylactic shock, I was only thinking what if your reaction evolved to worse than swelling? I might be off-base, but I thought that sometimes happens. I don’t mean to worry you unnecessarily. I think the allergist is a good idea though, even if just so you can learn what other sources might be that are not obvious, or about the progression of allergies.

Kristi -- Great job! There are always plenty of tougher times for weight loss, so just enjoy this part, it’s not often we get those big whooshes days in a row.

Carter -- Congrats on your new low!

Ona -- Yippie!!! Way to go on your pound…how exciting to go places you’ve never gone before!

Coondocks - Congrats on your loss! Enjoy the salad 

Vixsin -- Sounds like you’re doing the right things, so don’t worry too much, it’s going to come off soon.

Matilda -- Great, I’ll hopefully see you over on TBL threads too then! It would be nice if we could end up on the same team.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #122  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Kristi - Wow! We're all jealous!

Diana - You did so great through your vacation.

All you running ladies! Nice moving!

Jan 1: 167.6 * 1330 calories
2: 167.4 * 816 calories
3: 166.6 * 765 calories * 3 miles treadmill & 20 minute DVD workout
4: 166.2 * 1002 calories * 2 miles walk & resistance band work
5: 165.6 * * 3 miles treadmill +
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #123  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Weight for today is 216.4 lbs.. Yesterday it was 215.4 lbs.. Water weight, I am sure..
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #124  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Carter: lol! I still don't really consider myself a runner hehe...couch to 5k is such an awesome program! It starts you off slow and uses interval training to get ya up to speed! I *hope* throughout this journey I can get in a habit of running at least 3 times a week...long term goal: run a marathon! It's on my bucket list..23 miles is alot though

Vix: that sounds great!! You did way more than 6.1 asked! You go girl!! I will do 6.2 today, since it is raining here I'm going to get it done on a treadmill. I love the fact that we are on the same day! I look forward to hearing your updates about it and someone who can relate to what's going on! So excited for us!!! Can't wait til we are jogging 30 minutes like nothing!!! I know winter kinda just started, but I am already looking forward to spring runs! I am really starting to feel stronger in my core, I didn't realize it until I went to tap class last night. It's amazing how quickly the transformation is from being a non-runner to a jogger we are really doing it and it feels great!

Ona: girl you ain't just "doing it" with weight loss..you're destroying it! Congrats!

Weigh in time!
12-31: 244.6 DEC LOSS: 7.8
January 2011
1: 243.2
2: 243.0 *new low*
3: 244.0 completed w6.d1
4: 245.0 tap class tonight
5: 246.6 (really!!!!) will do w6.d2 today!
6:
7:

Goal today: drink 80oz water...I'm retaining like a motha! Not just retaining! My face is starting to break out too!!!!!! Ain't gonna get me down. I'm fighting through this and believe I'm going to come out a champion!!
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I don't have anaphylactic shock, I just swell. Is an epi-pen only for shock? )
The epi pen is to be used only for anaphylactic shock. But saying that, please remember that allergic reactions CAN get worse over time and exposure, plus there are many factors that happen in the body that can make even 1 time worse than another.

If you are having swelling from an allergen, you should talk to your doctor about possibly being prescribed an epi pen.

I carry one around because I experience the same symptoms as you with strawberries. I stay away from them now, but I'm leary of any other food in the Berry family.

http://www.thesuperallergycookbook.c...rtbyFamily.pdf
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #126  
Happy New Rear!

S/C/G: 240/218.6/140

Height: 5'4"

1: 192.6 - 1 mile
2: 192.0 - 1.5 miles
3: 196 - WTH?? 1 mile Leslie Sansone in my office + 2 mile run @ 3.6 = 3 miles
4: 192 - 2 mile run @ 4.0
5: 191 -

Quick weigh in and a HUGE CONGRATS to FITKRISTI!!! WOW you are SMOKIN' in 2011! Way to go!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Hugs,
Leah
Lnoelparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #127  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Angie & Shylah You know, I was curious about the possibility of it getting worse. At least I have an idea of what it is now and can stay away from ingesting it. The problem seems to be cross contamination and/or someone around me consuming shell fish. I think it is a good idea to seek out an allergist. Thanks for the link and your posts.

Coon Thank you. Great job!

Vixsin It's just one of our daily challenges. Stay focused.

Matilda Thank you. You are back on track now. You can do this.

Angie I bought clothes every other size or every 2 sizes. I would buy 3 pairs of pants. My shirts are cheaper so I would buy as many as I wanted. My clothes in general are not expensive, so it wasn't bad financially to do it this way. I didn't really do rewards.

Sea Thank you. Great job on your weigh in and the treadmill.

Laneebm Water weight is a pain. I can sympthize.

Lnoelparis Great job on your pound loss!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #128  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

So life is crazy . . . I have once again taken myself off of my priority list. I'm not drinking enough water, I am eating too many carbs and not enough protein - back to whatever is easy, back to not exercising. I cancelled my gym membership because I just can't afford it and I'm not exercising at home either - it's too cold to go outside and my daughter and grandsons moved in with me so I'm spending my evenings playing with babies and trying to maneuver through all the toys and baby gear we've added to my little house (not complaining - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having them here). I've got to put myself back on my priority list before I undo all the hard work I've done. I would say I've officially gained at least 5-7 lbs (some of that I'm sure is water weight).

1: 217.6 (I suck!!!)
2: 217.2
3: No WI
4: 218.2
5: 219.2
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Phew! You guys are hard to keep up with!

Diana - sorry to hear about your reactions, it's even worse when you love it! Josh has an allergy to certain seafood as well, we have to be careful at restaurants, and going to one of those places that cooks everything on the same grill is out of the option. On the plus side, 168! Wow!!

kristi - WOWSERS lady!! Bottle some of that water and share

carter - congrats on your new low

Ona - Congrats to you too on the new low!! You are doing so amazing with this journey, you are a constant inspiration! And a runner now too! There is nothing stopping you!

Rita - you are doing pretty amazing - 2 pounds is a GREAT start to the year and month!!

Coondocks - Woohoo!!

Vixsin - I'm impressed with the running! I tried C25K and just couldn't manage to get past week 3!

Matilda - That's not too bad! Likely some of that is water weight and you'll be back to 222 in no time!!

Angie - I always think about rewards, but I never follow through. But I do own a lot of really nice clothes from when I was on my way up to this weight, so it'll be a reward to be able to wear them again! I think I stopped investing in clothes when I hit 245, so I have a ton of nice stuff to wear once I get back there, can't wait! What about you?

CutieCourt - how are you doing with the water? That is always my downfall, drinking enough water. Must make it a priority! Congrats on the C25K!!

Lnoel - great to see the little gain go away, and it took a friend with it!

Kris - it's so hard to make yourself a priority with so much going on, but you are here! So that's a great start! Maybe start with the food so that you can have baby time at night still? You know how to do this!

As for me? Got on the scale for the first time in a week and I'm down 1.3 to 254.9. I was shocked since I am feeling heavier, and even more so since I woke up with a migraine and I always seem to gain with those. Who knows! But I'm going with it!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Wow, it's really buzzing in here!

I've been on and off really sick over the past couple of weeks, so between that and all the holiday stuff I haven't been tracking my eating habits or exercising, although there was a couple of days of some intense all day walking/shopping trips on non-sick days. I'm now on day 10 of what I thought was just the flu, but I can't get in to see my doctor until tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed that it's not anything horrible. I'm anxious to get back into the groove of things, because I'm just so tired of being sick. I was however, pleasantly surprised to get on the scale this morning for the first time in 3 or 4 weeks and see that I didn't gain! I may not have lost anything, but I didn't gain. So 195.1 for me, which means still at my ticker weight! I'm not officially jumping back on track yet, just trying to focus on getting and staying healthy first. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all of you ladies!

Leah thanks for thinking of me! and Ona your before and after is just fabulous, congratulations! to everyone else - so glad to see you ladies doing so well

Last edited by Kukkie84; 01-05-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #131  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Ok wii fit has finally arrived - only weighs in stones though so bit hacked off, as I will have to translate !! At least I'm back in town and ready to blow tomorrow

Last edited by starbrite; 01-05-2011 at 01:09 PM.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #132  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Way-to-Go Coon thank you!

Matilda,you're gonna be back down very soon cause you are a fighter!Thank you!

Angie,Stay Strong! thank you!

Cutie,you ARE a Champion and a fighter Thank you!

Shylah,good to see you!

Leah,great job on the Pound!

Kris,take some time to evaluate where you were and how far you've come,Read your Journal,think how good you felt in that red dress,look at your ticker,fight through all those negative thoughts telling you.. you don't have time to exercise and thoughts of eating unhealthy things.

You have the power in you to do this cause you have done it! Don't let that Demon steal your joy of how good you felt losing weight!You can do it! shake him off and fight for what you want

Kukkie,good to see you! you've done a great job to maintain your weight! hope you feel better soon! Thank you!

Aimee,great job on the 1.3! thank you !
Ain't No stopping none of US Now! we're on the Move

Starbrite,glad you got your wii!

Last edited by OnaMi; 01-05-2011 at 05:00 PM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #133  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaMi View Post
Kris,take some time to evaluate where you were and how far you've come,Read your Journal,think how good you felt in that red dress,look at your ticker,fight through all those negative thoughts telling you.. you don't have time to exercise and thoughts of eating unhealthy things.

You have the power in you to do this cause you have done it! Don't let that Demon steal your joy of how good you felt losing weight!You can do it! shake him off and fight for what you want
Kris I second what Ona said!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

I was just thinking that this is the lowest I've been in over 19 months... kinda feels good!!

Ona - If I could somehow get your consistency, then I'd always be on the move! Thats definitely where I'm lacking!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #135  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

KUKKIE!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to see you! I've missed you!

SwimGirl: It's good to see you too! Thanks about the running. It has really re-introduced itself to me again. I love how it makes me feel.

Ona: I'm gonna take a lil bit of what you said to Kris too, ok? I love that positive energy!

My calories are a little higher than usual coming in at around 1700. But it could be much worse. I was also thinking of re-checking my BMR because weighing in at 220 is much different than weighing in at 250. And I'm much more active now with doing C25K. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

I didnt get to run tonite. I did something minor to my knee. I was dancing around my kitchen as I am prone to do and I stepped wrong and now I've got some pain. I've had it before and I know that I need to rest my knee. So I broke out my set of Bob Harper's new DVD's. I did the Yoga one. He's got a 15 minute ab workout. HOLY COW!!! That is an intense 15 mins. I will definitely do that again! I still feel it in my abs.

So while I am resting my knee, I am going to get started in the Yoga/Pilates world. I always dread core work. No time like the present, right?
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote