Old 12-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #16  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
Yes I am doing strength training 3 times a week with resistance bands. A routine that was planned out for me by my personal trainer.

Unfortunately JUST when I started doing that... it got COLDER than heck and all my CARDIO went right out the window.

I NEED both apparently... strength AND cardio!!!!! Here's hoping the combo of the two gets my butt shrinking... more that is
Hey Cfmama, Haven't been on here in a while (we'll just been lurking hehe). Wanted to tell you that you are doing a great job and I just LOVE the new progress pics. Amazing as always And awesome on starting the strenght training, you won't regret it girl! How do you like it so far?

Which leads me to...

My 2 cents regarding the plateau It's very common to not see the scale move when you start a strength training program, for a zillion reasons, but I'm willing to put money on you losing inches. Do you take measurements? Did you take any before you started strenght training? If not do it and use that as your way track progress when the scale stalls. You'll start losing again, you know this
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #17  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
and 900 calories burned...

WOOT WOOT!!!!

Got the 3 mile ab one from the library today and did it along with my 1 mile one. Sweet!!!! I got a good sweat. Tired. Little sore. Very pumped up and happy!!!!! I'm planning on doing 20 miles a week (4 miles/5 days) and that's about 2500 calories burned! I like that!!!

I'm REALLY REALLY hoping this will jolt my body to ditching it's very annoying plateau... wish me luck!

Which program are you using? And how long has it been taking to do the three miles? Im just curious. I take step class twice each week one is step/sculpt and I also take a body to pump class and do about 2 hours on the treadmill/eliptical
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #18  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Daniela: LOVE the strength training! I have very strong legs but my upper body is getting a work out and a half! Love it!!!!

I'm using the 3 mile ab workout from from Walk Away the Pounds and the 1 mile walk from Walk away the pounds. Do the 1 mile in the AM and the 3 mile in the pm. It's 4 mph walk so I guess the 3 mile is taking 45 minutes. lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote