Old 11-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, last week I walked 0.5 mile at lunch. Did it Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. So I managed to carry a good habit over a weekend. YEAH ME!
Nothing compared to you, seashell, but for me it's a victory.

And, Sarah, 14/16 - I now wear 18/20s, and we weigh about the same. When I was at my top, where you were, I was wearing a 26. This old lady carries her weight very badly.
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #17  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Sue, I'm not sure how tall you are, but I'm 5'7" and it seems like even a couple inches difference in height can make a difference in clothing size. I think I may also be slightly more naturally muscular than the average woman, which makes me weigh more but size smaller.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #18  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Why does it seem like there is ALWAYS some unhealthy sitting on the counter at work all of a sudden? I work part-time in the school library, and I swear for the past few weeks, every couple days someone brings in a box of donuts (including today, grrr). This was never a problem last year; people only brought food in like once per quarter, for holidays or something. I still haven't given in, but for some reason it was harder this time. I think because I had somewhat bad eating habits last week, it's always a bit of a challenge to get your willpower back under control, hehe. BUT--I didn't have one, and that's the important thing!!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I didn't feel like working out at all tonight. But I went anyway, and I feel better that I went!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

This weekend I went shopping for new bras...had to go down a size and cup. I also treated myself to a new sweater...a size smaller as well. I wore it today to work and one of my friends told me I looked cute. I don't think anyone has told me that in ages. It felt so good.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #21  
live the process

S/C/G: 225/ticker/201/125-130

Height: 5'3"

I posted my profile here and took the risk of joining the community. I was honest about my feelings and fears. I thought about what I ate and made sure to get some productive activity and get outside. I found fitday.I took the first step.
2mchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #22  
BELIEVE!

Today at work someone I barely know complimented me on my weight loss.

I did my monthly measurements today....I've lost 6 inches off my waist so far and 21.5 inches overall!!!

BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #23  
live the process

I stayed aware of my eating and logged my food and activity on fitday. I am learning the mantra "will this help me get where I want to be."
I posted here again. You folks are an inspiration!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #24  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

2nd year in a row of NO HALLOWE'EN CANDY

not

one

single

piece!!

The "old tracey" would have been working on her 4th JUMBO bag of peanut butter cups (and i mean a bag of a HUNDRED and i'm not even kidding!!!!)
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:35 AM   #25  
live the process

stayed between 1500-1600 cals. moved firewood to make space for wt. bench and bike,walked,tried club soda with lemon vs diet soda-have ibuprofen ready for caffeine with-drawl headache to come,tracked cals and activity on fitday and posted here. I have begun to look forward to coming here at the end of the day to read the successes of others and share my own.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #26  
You can call me Chantili

S/C/G: 227/225/130

Height: 5'6

I am new to the group, but have had several great victories the past week...

My daughter and I have decided to start making healthier eating choices. We have purchased some of the South Beach diet lunch packs and Healthy Choice meals. We have been eating those, as well as fresh veggies. We have also been avoiding real ice cream and limiting our fat intake.

I know it has only been a week, but when it comes to lifestyle changes, we have to take it one day at a time. For us, this is really great! And I am so glad this thread is available for posting things like this!
Monkeybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

When I was heading out for work this morning I noticed that my jacket is a bit looser around my belly. It used to be quite snug and now isn't quite so tight Doesn't take much to make me happy
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I was looking in the back of my closet for warm clothes that will actually fit. I pulled out this shirt that I've had for ages, and it actually fit. Then I noticed that it had a name tag sewn into it, from when I went to sleep away camp! The last time I went I was 16!

When I was 16 I thought I was the hugest thing in the world, and now I'm thrilled to be back at that size. Life is odd.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #29  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I've been doing yoga regularly this month - in the past I only did pilates. And ya know what I dont feel like a complete fool in the class. that's a nsv for me
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #30  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Another willpower NSV for me today... My first class on Tues/Thurs is a theater class, so it's usually very relaxed, and today we spent most of our class time watching a movie (Snow White! Because our latest unit was reading/discussing fairy tales and talking about different ways to stage them... I swear this class is NOT as easy as it sounds, hehe). Well, when I walked into class I noticed that my teacher had set up a couple boxes of donuts at the front of the room! I thought it was really sweet of her to "treat" us like that - how often do you get to have donuts AND a movie in a class at a really challenging/selective/etc university?! - and the donuts looked soooo good... But I didn't have a single one. Not even a donut HOLE, even though they're much smaller. But is it ever possible just to eat ONE of those things? Hehe.

I was so proud of myself! My roommate (who is also in that class) was making fun of me and took a picture of me with my bottle of water and NutriGrain bar (my usual "breakfast"--bad, I know, but I have zero time to make something better... And at least it's better than donuts!). It made me feel a little self-conscious because then other people in the class started noticing that I wasn't having donuts and I was paranoid that they'd be like "What's the point of her not having them? What does she think she is, skinny?" But I got over it! LOL.

Last edited by Star2Be; 11-06-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote