Old 08-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #76  
carinna

It definately affects it. When I'm feeling bloated and overweight, I feel unattractive and that finds its way into the bedroom. Now that I've been making progress in my weight loss I feel more confident and therefore being intimate is much more enjoyable for me.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #77  

Height: 5'9"

I lived in Jamaica for a while and my weight never ever made me feel uncomfortable about dating, as most of the men down there, love a woman with meat on their bones.
Back in Canada though I'm too self concious to date at this point. When I lose some weight I'll start looking
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:03 AM   #78  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I don't have a love life. I'm too fat to feel comfortable and on the twice in my life when I've radically lost weight and felt 'normal' and 'comfortable', the sudden attention from the opposite sex has panicked me into gaining weight again. one screwed up puppy, me.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #79  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
you show you're not just willing, but ENTHUSIASTIC and that makes up for a helluva lot of "jiggle" that you wish you didn't have.

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, but I wanted to say AMEN, SISTER!! I'd say it probably makes up for ALL of the jiggle your (and my) jello may have!

DH once told me that the sex got better as I lost weight not because I looked different, but because I was CONFIDENT and ENTHUSIASTIC about sex. I can honestly say that the sex we are having now, after 6 years of marriage and with me nearly 7 months pregnant is the best it's ever been. And, being pregnant, I'm definitely not at my lowest weight ever. I wouldn't trade our sex life now to have my newlywed weight back, not in a million years. It's not necessarily about size, it's about willingness, enthusiasm, desire.

Men, just like women, want to be wanted. Your DH has seen you naked, it's not a shock to him. In fact, I'd bet lots of very good money that he WANTS to see you naked. A lot. It may take some practice and some talking yourself into it, but show him that you want him. I've never once had DH say "no" when I'm trying to get into his pants. LOL.

To get a little more personal, I'd say do it even if you don't "feel" like it at first. I find that even if I'm not in the mood, it never stays that way. Women take time to "heat up" - so to speak. Give it that time. And, at least for me, the more sex we have the more I want. If we let it go for a week or two (our longest ever) it's pretty easy for me to not think about it. But, when we're having sex regularly I want it all the more.

Oh, I should also probably add that DH is on a federal S.W.A.T. team and thus required to keep a very high level of physical fitness... he's in fantastic shape. Personally, it doesn't intimidate me, it just makes things all that much more fun! heehee...
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
DH is on a federal S.W.A.T. team and thus required to keep a very high level of physical fitness... he's in fantastic shape.

*giggle*

Last edited by PhotoChick; 11-06-2008 at 12:25 AM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote