Old 01-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #16  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

I too just started showing up and posting.

My name is Vicki and I'm 41 years old. I work various federal govt contracting jobs in Washington DC as a Computer Scientist. I have a very supportive partner of 15 years and a spoiled 19 year old kitty.

Every year I set out goals for myself - this year is weight and learning to play the guitar. In years past I've done things like get my private pilot's license, get a degree (got three of them now so I need to move on LOL), am up for my black belt in karate, etc.

I have always been heavy - even when I did my time in the Marine Corps they were always on me about my weight, but working in front of the computer all day has really taken a toll. I feel like my life has passed me by in alot of ways. I've wanted to do Disneyworld for years now but my weight has held me back. I went gold panning last November and was always out of breath - even my 62 year old parents were in better shape!

Anyway - this weight has to go. I love the support here. I don't post alot but I read almost everything. It amazes me how many of us are going through the same things -- looks from subway riders that just *know* you are going to crowd them in their seat (and I do), trying to go horseback riding and they tell you you are too fat for their horses, etc. It's all added up over the years ------- and I want the rest of my years to be what I want, not what my weight lets me do.

Last edited by jay41; 01-18-2008 at 09:55 PM.
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #17  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!

I'm Gina, a 36 year old Financial Analyst living in central North Carolina, married for 3 years. We have one rotten cat, Boots, and no children yet.

I have been overweight for as long as I can remember (at least since 4 yrs old). I woke up on June 30, 2007 and decided it was time to make some changes. I'm trying to make changes that I know I can live with forever.

I come to 3FC every single day and try to make a positive contribution to the community. 3FC has really been a "diet" (I hate using the word diet as this is really a lifestyle change, but anyway...) saver for me since I know I can come here and there is always someone that has or is going through what I am.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #18  
All things are possible!!

I'm Rachel, 32. My dh and I have been married for a year and a half, and we are both teachers. We decided together that we were going to start the year off with a "diet", which has now changed into "a weight-loss journey", because I am starting to hate the word diet!

We both joined our town's Biggest Loser contest, which started last Tuesday. I am also on a team on my school's Biggest Loser contest. Competition seems to really work for me. I want to walk more than the other person, to eat healthier, etc. It's crazy, because I know that's a crummy motivation, but for right now it is keeping me on target. I also know that this is not my MAIN motivation, as I really want to shed these pounds and be healthy!

Dh and I are struggling with infertility. It sucks, there's no other way to describe it. This summer, we are planning on visiting an adoption agency. As silly as it may sound, I want to be 40 pounds thinner by then.

I am really starting to like working out, as completely strange as that is to say. I have always hated any form of exercise! But when I see the pounds come off these first few weeks, it's a huge motivation.

I got some FANTASTIC advice from several ladies on here, which was the kick in the pants I needed to decide that I AM going to lose 100 pounds. Or, as I was told, I am going to lose 10 pounds 10 times!

I am thrilled that I have found this site. You guys are so inspiring to me!!
Havingfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #19  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Another one that just started posting without introduction. I have only done the monthly points thread and the reason I am staying on plan today and some others here and there but will try to visit more often.

I'm Shay. I'm 35 years old and live in VA. I work for parks and recreation supervising and/or implementing recreation programs for individuals with disabilities. Love it! Graduated from the University of Florida--It's great to be a Florida Gator--and I am taking my 2nd course in grad school on my way to getting a master's degree @ Indiana Univeristy (distance education).

On the 2nd time around with my bf its been about 2 years this time. Its so much better.

I've lost a ton of weight over the years and have gained it back. This time is the last time because it is all coming off and staying off!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone! I'm BornToFly I'm 29 years old, single ( sigh ) and have no children...yet. I hope to one day find the man of my dreams and have at least a couple kids, as I believe I was born to be a mommy. I work in accounting and have been at the same job now for 10 years. I enjoy the ppl I work with very much. I love radio and tv, and watch way to much of it. lol
when I'm not watching tv, I am internet addict. I also love to read and wish I did more of that.

I have been heavy for as long as I can remember, prob really around middle school when I started to notice it. I balloned in high school, and even have gained about 60 lbs since HS. I am ready to get healthy and fit and really start my life! This site has been A HUGE help for me. Everyone has been very supportive and helpful.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #21  

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I am Tonia. I have been a member forever but recently found my way back. I have been married for 17 years (this month!) and have four children - three of which are teenagers ! I work as a teacher of middle schoolers in an 'urban' (translate: poor) area in California.

I have never really dieted, to be honest. I mean, sure, I have had a few (3-4, really) times where I have decided to "change my lifestyle." It usually lasts about a week or two, maybe three and then life gets in the way.

I gained my weight when I was pregnant/after I had my kids. About 25 lbs with each kid...we struggled financially for quite some time while I was in school and, honestly, if it came down to 50 cents for a box of mac and cheese or three dollars for a salad we could only afford the mac and cheese. How sad is that?

But, things are different now. I have been praying/preparing myself mentally for some time now that the 'time will soon come' when it is right for me to change some things. That time is now. Financial problems (pretty much) are behind us and we are better able to purchase good-for-you foods (good news, too! I NEVER want to see another box of mac and cheese! lol) so I am counting calories and have been going to the gym regularly. I am, thus far, down 11 pounds and am still going strong!

Thanks for the thread, Sandi!

Last edited by Tonia; 01-18-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #22  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I'll get in on this as well!

My name is Cassie, and I am a 24 year old mother of 2 beautiful children. I am a full-time student, and I attend classes online.
I was a member here before...lost about 60lbs and then quickly regained it back, but I'm here for good this time--I'm determined to reach my goal and STAY there. I've always been fat, but after having my daughter when I was 17, my weight became out of control and I developed PCOS. Now that I've lost 75lbs, my PSOC has improved to the point of having regular cycles, and I feel and look better than I have in my entire adult life (short as it has been, thus far..lol).
Anyways! I'm a certified MySpace-addict, and I love to read! I also love, love, love music, and...well..I'm obsessed with One Life To Live..hehe.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #23  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

My name is Darlene and I have been around for a while here at 3FC. I am 43 years old and would love to spend the next half of my life thinner. I have not had a whole lot of success in the past three years and I basically disappear for times and then come back because I realize once again I need to change.

I was doing ok and staying at the same weight. (I actually had a two week window of success and but then the break up with the love of my life caused me some major issues. One of the biggest ones was my rebound romance with CHEESECAKE! I was secretly meeting up with it every night for a month and eating two slices at a pop. It was a nasty affair that left me almost ten pounds heavier. I am currently 266.

An Amazon order came last night and the Superfoods RX Diet book was in it. I am very happy to see something I think will work for me. I am reading through it today and getting the house in order to start it. I love the SuperFoods books.

I just want to add......If you just recently joined there are many great success stories. A lot of them will make you want to jump up and cheer for those who have lost 100+ pounds. You have chosen a great place for support.

Best of luck to everyone!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi, I've been a member of 3fc since July, when enough aha moments finally converged, and the weight loss commitment switch clicked ON. I have suffered from eating issues since my early teens, and have been up and down a lot over my adult life, but every time time I rebounded from the down, I went up more. I gave up on trying for about 10 years. This time feels different, thanks in part to the unbeatable support at 3fc.

I'm 46 years old, divorced with no kids, and live in the SF Bay Area. I am a personal financial consultant and a business planning consultant. I am just stepping back into the world of dating after a long hiatus. (If you know any smart, funny, kind, honest, eligible men, send them my way! I'm taking applications).

My interests include movies, music, books, walking, cooking, and 3fc. I'm a bit of an internet junkie.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Glad to meet all of you. It's good to be able to put a little history with your names.

I'm Missy from PA. I'm 48 and have 7 children. I started gaining weight in graduate school and just kept putting it on with each child. I kept 10 or 15 pounds on with each child.

I've floated on and off 3FC for a few years, but I'm here to stay this time. Really. In the past I always wanted to lose weight for a reason, but this time I just want to lose it because it's the right thing to do. I'm not counting the days until I can have a treat or figuring how many months it will take me to get out of the plus sizes as I did in the past. I have peace about the fact that it might take two years, something I never had before.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

This IS fun!!

I've been around for what feels like forever - a few years probably. I am 28 years old, living with my boyfriend of 8 years ( as of this month), and I'm FINALLY in a job that I love and that pays me properly! (the cosmetics industry) So now it's time to work on the weight thing. I am not doing any diets, nor am I limiting myself from anything - I am simply eating more vegetables and fruits (up to 16 servings a day!!), trying to my body in balance. And the weight is coming off! I suspect I've had a big "ah-ha" moment with how I'm viewing weight loss, and what I'm doing. Also - I like to talk if you can't tell?

See you all around!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 328/?/140

Height: 5'3"

HELLO LADIES.... JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN TO SAY HI TO YOU ALL AND TELL YOU THAT I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A FEW YEARS BUT I FELL OFF THE GET SKINNY WAGON AND HERE I AM AGAIN....

I BEEN WALKING EVERY DAY AND WATCHING MY FOOD INTAKE AND FAT GRAMS........ DOWN 6 POUNDS THIS WEEK..... HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A NICE WEEKEND............... BIG HUGS TONYA
chubbystress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi there! My name is Chris. I have been married for 9 and a half years and have a beautiful 11 month old daughter. She is quite yummy. At the beginning of the year I became a SAHM for the most part. I still work one day a week as a children's librarian in a public library. It is the best job there is!! I also have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I am not sure what we were thinking, we just kept adding one at a time. As far as weight loss, I have always been fat... forever. I have no idea what it feels like to be a normal weight. My motivation right now is my health. I kid you not my knees sounds like a bag of popcorn when I go up stairs. This is a very bad thing as I live in a cape cod, stairs are not optional. I would like to have another baby but have decided to wait until I hit at least 225. Still big to get pregnant but better than where I am now! I am in grad school renewing my teaching certificate so I have no hobbies other than 3FCs which is oddly addictive. I joined a couple of years ago but, honestly, forgot all about it until a couple of weeks ago. Nice to "meet" you all.
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/264.9/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi, my name is Jane. It sounds like I'm the old lady of the bunch - I am 56 years old - have two grown married sons and a great significant other of 16 years. I am a professional artist (painter), teacher, and used to be art director for the game industry. My serious weight problem began gradually with the birth of each son- since then I have gained and lost 10 times my weight! Each time I gain back MORE than I lost.
So this time I am trying to do it right, and I think that with the support of this community I have a chance. It is interesting to read people's stories!

Last edited by redjb7; 01-18-2008 at 11:39 PM.
redjb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Wow, lots of chicks. I'll join in!
I'm 45, mother of 3, married to DH for 21 years. Oldest DD is in college and 2 youngers in elementary school. I am an engineer telecommuter.
I've had a weight issue since I was about 8, gained more with each kid, and never did anything about it until last year. I follow and love South Beach. I joined 3fc in May, and started out posting on the SBD forum, but then wandered up here to meet the 100lb club chicks too. Not everyone on SB has an enormous amount of weight to lose and it's nice to chat with folks who are traveling a similar road.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote