Old 01-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #31  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
My NSV was getting right back onto my program after having a big binge. That's a huge accomplishment for me. YAY!
im glad you went right back! thats the spirit. just keep getting right back on that horse.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

NSV for today was completing thirty minutes on the stepper without holding on once - sounds lame but I have a real problem making myself not hold on. I realise I'm not exercising as effectively when I do so made a concerted effort to let go today! (nearly killed me mind)
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #33  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

My NSV for the weekend is that I didn't overeat while my hubby was away. That's pretty big for me - since I do most of my damage when I'm alone
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Mine is that I finally got a grip last night and dumped my gourmet hot chocolate mix into the trash can. At 280 calories a cup, no way was this fitting into my plan. Bye bye temptation.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #35  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

My NSV today is that I made banana bread with carob chips for company and for the kids, and I ate NONE of it.

Yipee!

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #36  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default My NSV so far for January

so far I have been right on track with my exercising for the new year... and thanks to all these great NSV's I'm going to go out for a run in just a few minutes, instead of taking tonight off. I was planning to make it a break, since hubby is already asleep and the treadmill is in our bedroom, but I think I'll take it outside for the evening. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I went to the gym this afternoon & worked out even though I really just wanted to crawl into bed & sleep. I had to have a little cry in the bathroom when I got there first, but I did it & I actually had a halfways decent workout to boot.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #38  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Sounds like everyone is doing very well. Nice going! For me, it is just day to day basically the same. I eat, I workout, I clean house lol. I don't wear sweats anymore until 7 pm at night or unless I am working out. That is a big change for me. I could see gaining weight and not realizing it until a few lbs were on. With regular clothes on, I will notice if the waist band gets tight.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
kar
Moments like that are when we see how far we have come. You enjoy that moment.
I'm loving it! I actually pulled out the measuring tape today and my waist and hips are, at 40lbs heavier than i was then (let's go muscle!), each only 2" away from my measurements in high school (my bust is actually 1" SMALLER) . this is incredibly amazing to me... tomorrow is a LANDMARK day for me because I am going to the store to go buy my first pair of size 10s in 10 YEARS. granted a 10 now is 10 years ago's 12 but it is so close to the single digits where i have NEVER been ... I am almost crying over here, but i'm too busy pulling up my pants, lol. i think i may need to reevaluate my goal.. it's just a number and i didn't believe my dr when she said that with my build (i have a very large frame for someone my height and a LOT of muscle) 150-160 would be ideal .. but i'm starting to see that that may be possible.. there just isn't that much more of me to go away.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:35 AM   #40  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Kar
It is all so wonderful. I am so happy for you. Sitting here smiling over your post. We just can't go by a number on how much we should weigh. What is right for us is so individual. I have a long time before I need to buy pants. I have two pair of 16's I can still keep up lol and 3 pairs of 14's I can still wear. After that I have 4 pairs of my super straight Levi's in size 12. Have no idea what size I wear in todays sizes because from all the posts I have read. Todays sizes are way bigger than yesterdays sizes lol. Bet you find you need a smaller size than you think I probably won't need to get cloths until summer. You have fun and please let me know how shopping went. I haven't really shopped in so long I don't remember doing it. Have only gone out a few times here and there to get something I really needed.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #41  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Last night I went to dinner with friends, and made a good dinner choice! Plus I had a "virgin" bloody mary - so I enjoyed the flavors without the extra calories!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #42  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I had to retire all of my size 20W pants, they were falling down. They are going in a bag to donate somewhere. Don't want them in the house because I will never be back in them. I'm only keeping one pair so I can look back and see how far I've come. Now I am in 18W and they are comfortable, not tight at all! Next stop regular size 18! I can't wait to shop in the regular sizes instead of womens.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

YAY Switzie You give me hope because I am your same weight (according to tickers anyway) and I go pant shopping in 4 lbs. ....and I SO want to be out of the size 20! But, I hold my weight in hips and butt area so I might have to hold on awhile longer, we'll see.

NSV--I had a binge last night BUT 1. it wasn't as big as they have been in past, and was healthier foods, 2. I did my binge journal and got to why it happened, set up a plan for next time around, and 3. I got right back on plan this morning, the old "I already blew it this week" didn't even creep into my head, I just got up and went about things as usual now. I feel like a new lifestyle has taken hold, it's not the old diet and restrict thing. This way feels so much more reasonable...I feel sane and happy despite the downfall.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #44  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Yesterday was a positive day for me in the NSV department! I've only lost about 5 pounds in the last couple of months and was beginning to feel a bit frustrated knowing it's my own fault...not as 100% diligent as in the past, and closer to goal...those two things add up to SLOW weightloss. So anyway, yesterday we had an especially warm day here~ 70* in January, unheard of! I pulled out some capris that I wore 5 pounds ago in September/October and couldn't wear them! They fit fine in the fall, but yesterday I couldn't keep them up. They were beyond a bit loose and were too big to wear. Another pair that was a bit snug were now loose but wearable. I was astounded! I walked around all day with a bit of a smirk on my face and a strut in my attitude...you know what I mean, I'm sure! Later I was cooking dinner and one of DD's friends dropped in, took one look at me and said "Wow, Mrs. D.! You look even skinnier, did you lose more weight?" The shocker here is that it's only been about 2 weeks since I've seen her! Lastly I was using my elliptical at home as I just didn't feel like heading to the gym and when I looked down at the counter, I had been on it 10 minutes longer than I've ever been, and it didn't kill me! Many of you may remember that about 3 weeks ago DH surprised me with a membership to a new workout facility right down the road from our house and I've been using it about 5 times a week. I guess the change in routine really is making a difference!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #45  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

My NSV is that due to a sore arm I have had to give up biking for the moment. Oh yeah - the NSV...I tried jogging on a treadmill. I lasted 20 minutes at 5.5 MPH. I haven't run since the 6th Grade. Who knew I might like to run? Sure as heck not me.

Oh one other NSV while I'm at it...when the nephews were visiting over the holidays I was cold and picked up a jacket and put it on. The arms were too short but I could zip it up. It was from my 8 yr old nephew. He's a stick. I'm thinking it's big in him, but still!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote