Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #76  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

pama
That is so GREAT. The scale holds nothing to our clothes fitting so loose we are afraid they are going to fall off. Nice going.

gr8
Coming here and seeing how everyone is doing is very inspirational for me. The days that I just don't feel like exercising or that chocolate cake I made the kids sure looks good. Don't get me down when I can see how much better I will be without them.

Dust
You have a right to be dancing lol. That is the way I stay on plan. I plan what I am going to eat tomorrow tonight before I go to bed. There are times what I plan changes but I pretty much stay within what I plan for myself.

Wee
Thats the way to do it. Nip doing what you shouldn't do in the bud before you get around to doing it lol.

I have a problem with low lung capacity so I haven't been able to do over a 2 mile walking/aerobic video. To night, for the first time. I was able to finish a 3 mile video. I am so proud of myself. I remember when I started doing the 1 mile videos, I had to hit pause a few times just to get thru it. I know sooner or later ( probably later lol ) I will be able to do a 4 mile video. If I never can, what I am doing is great for me.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I have been so unhappy with my new gym & it totally leaves me unmotivated to go workout. Tonight I signed up at a new gym for 6 months! It is the World Gym here in Costa Rica & it is gorgeous & huge. I would have preferred to support a locally owned/operated business that is closer to home - but NO ONE had a squat rack - which is something I'm really needing for my workouts. I am very excited to be able to work out in air conditioning as well. The heat has been killing me!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #78  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Life
I was wondering if you ever started to like that new gym lol and here is your post. I am so glad you found a place to workout that has what you need. I am sure the air conditioning is more than welcome.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #79  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday I made a good choice in a restaurant for lunch! And though it was a larger portion that my usual lunches - I made it my bigger meal for the day, and had a much smaller dinner - which was ok since I worked late anyway!!

Now my challenge to myself will be to do this for the entire week!!!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #80  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

This is my first NSV in quite a while! I got on my treadmill and walked for 60 minutes yesterday. I haven't done this since Oct 18.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

held plank for 45 seconds... such a weakling lol but everyone has to start somewhere!
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #82  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I hate plank!!!! It's hard to hold up 232 lbs for very long!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #83  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I've got a good one from yesterday, thanks to Rhonda!

My best friend brought me a coffee, Bacon 'n Egger and a hashbrown from A&W.
I set it on the desk while she was here. Then after she left, I posted my pain on the accountability thread. Rhonda posted back to me and then I got up, took it into the kitchen, opened the bag and squished the stuff into the icky garbage.
I was SO proud of myself!

These are some great NSV's my friends...we rock!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Just reading this thread really helps me not to eat junk. I read about you guys getting compliments or fitting into new clothes and I want it so badly that I eat healthy all day!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #85  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

This is a small one, but I figured it still counts. On Saturday, I had wanted to go for a run/walk or otherwise get some exercise. It was a beautiful day out, but instead of doing what I'd planned, I sat around my house and ate too much (good for you food, but still, too much). At the end of the day, I felt terrible.

BUT, I haven't let that setback become a pattern. I'm back on plan and doing great. Usually I let little slip-ups ruin a great run. Not this time!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #86  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

My NSV today is not eating the chocolate pudding the kids are eating. Or the tuna casserole that I made for them (which is loaded with cheese and cream!)

Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:22 AM   #87  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

Congrats, Rhonda - that's great!
I have had a successful Day 2 of my eating lunch out challenge. And that was surrounded by thin people eating french fries!!
I'm feeling like Day 3 will be good, too!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #88  
Determined!!!

S/C/G: 275/261/150

Height: 5'

OK here it goes!

Yesterday I was able to button up a shirt that in the past I cound only put a tank top under to even attempt to wear it.

Second I ate at a fast food place and the first thing I did was go straight to the nutrition chart to see what I could have. Normally we don't eat there but we had to run straight to basketball practice so we stopped. I was able to read the chart and plainly see the difference in having 2 of something vs. 1 of something else. My biggest downfall is bread and coke. So I obviously am not a water person however I have been drinking more. I was surely not going to get water there (not that good yet) so I opted not to get a drink and instead at the end of my meal I took a drink from my daughters cup and it satisfied my urge for coke and yet it was only a sip (1st sip in a week)! That right there is one of the most rewarding mini-goals for me, because I used to drink a 12 pack a day before.
Chelavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #89  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

One Sunday I got a cake for my sister's goodbye dinner, she is going into basic training. I got stuck with the leftovers, but it has been sitting on my counter and I have not had a piece since Sunday (I had it figured into my calories). In the past I would have eaten the rest of it in a day. Would have thrown in away but felt like a waste and my boyfriend and our roommate will eat it.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

eating is bang on target so no probs there but really wanted *something* to hit the spot... was going to get a bottle of diet coke (hate normal stuff) but managed to resist! Trying to teach myself that just because it's almost zero calories all those ingredients are no good for me! Thee more produced it is the worse it is! so sitting here cokeless
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote