Old 10-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #91  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

My NSV...
Today I am wearing a pair of pants, that I couldn't even get past my legs a few months ago, they are really small( looks like a size 18, even though it says a 20), and they are comfy ..... I love it!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #92  

Height: 5'5"

On Wednesday, my 11YO son asked me if I would chaperon his field trip. I haven't done a lot of this, as I have always had young children at home. So, I told the teacher that I would do it if I could bring along my 3YO daughter. When he said that was fine, I couldn't decide if I was excited or disappointed.

It was GREAT. We went to a History Fair, and there was tons of walking - and even some running - involved. We were there from about 8:45 to 1:30, and I had to carry my 3YO for some of the time as well. (I don't know how I lugged around that 28 pounds or so she weighs ALL OF THE TIME before!) There were some physical things that I participated in, like pumping water and sawing logs with a 2-person saw. And though I was tired at the end, I didn't struggle at all to keep up. Even at my highest weight, I could walk for hours on end, but I would have been exhausted trying to do all the things that I did today. Plus - I didn't even have to go to the store to have enough healthy food for an on-plan lunch! I also got a weight loss compliment from a mother I hadn't seen for a while. (She asked me if I would start coming to baseball games this spring in a bikini. I agreed to do it - if she would put her own little 105-pound body in one. I think I'm off the hook.)

One of those days when I wonder why I EVER consider this journey to be a burden. It's hard sometimes, but the benefits are so worth the cost!!!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Today I worked out in a new pair of shorts - regular sized large!!!! They fit great & were comfortable.

Plus, my trainer asked me today if I would do a testimonial for the website!!! So cool - I feel so flattered!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

My NSV is that yesterday I was able to bake a homemade birthday cake for my son, and only had ONE lick of the batter (instead of the 1/4-1/3 cup I used to have), AND I only had ONE piece of the cake, and won't have anymore. And I made up for it by having a lower calorie lowfat dinner for myself while the kids had my favorite pizza. I feel like I am getting true control of myself.

Lyn
TWENTY FOUR pounds gone!
My Blog:
www.escapefromobesity.blogspot.com
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #95  
Masterpiece in progress

My NSV......... I am wearing a pair of size 18 dress pants/slacks and they fit fine , no elastic in the waist. So I guess I am a size 18 in pants officially.... I haven't been a size 18 since 1997 or so. Wow. Now I just look overweight, instead of morbidly obese. It is nice. Now I am wondering what size I am going to end up in.. I was a size 14 when I was 165 many years ago. I am going to have to wait and see what well happen. cheryl
Old 10-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #96  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Here's my latest "clothing" NSV. In May I bought a fanny pack to wear on my walks. Unfortunately in June I had stopped walking to work, as I started to take aerobics classes at the Y (no more time for walking). Yesterday I pulled out the fanny pack, and went walking. I had to tighten it up by 2" to get it to fit!
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #97  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

My NSV's:

I told my mother about having lost 45 lbs and kept it of since Aug. and my mother (who was always slim but has recently put on some pounds) said she is looking forward to seeing meat 220 again because I look really good there and how she wished she could take off 45 lbs too. Then I told her I want to hit 185 and she was all excited for me.

I told my father I had taken off 45 lbs and kept it off and he was very happy for me... He then told me a recipe for cookies. Not even going to share as they are not even remotely diet-esque food but to have him tell me after being so negative all my life about how I wasn't thin made me feel good in an odd kind of way.
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I was at a women's retreat this weekend and not only did I stay on plan the entire time but there were several people I haven't seen in a long time who just plain didn't know who I was, period...I had to tell them!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #99  
No description available.

I had 2 food related NSVs this weekend.

I went out to dinner at Outback (I'd never been there before!) and I ordered grilled chicken and veggies and I didn't eat it all. This is an NSV cause I would typically have ordered something much much less healthy and I feel like I made the best choice I could....I am very proud of myself!

And, I really wanted a breakfast burrito this morning. The kind that is probably 2000 calories (no lie! it is about the size of my forearm and stuffed with lots of things that are not healthy for me) but I came home and had two eggs over some pinto beans with green chile and a little cheese. About 400 calories instead. That Monday morning burrito has been an on again off again habit for several years now, and this is the third week in a row I did not get one. What a stupid thing to be "addicted" to, huh? It was hard not to get one, cause I felt like I "deserved" it after working this weekend, but I really deserve to be healthy!

Yea!!

Last edited by midwife; 10-15-2007 at 12:15 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #100  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
I was at a women's retreat this weekend and not only did I stay on plan the entire time but there were several people I haven't seen in a long time who just plain didn't know who I was, period...I had to tell them!

That's awesome!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I have never posted a NSV so here goes:

I got up this morning and went walking at 6:15am. This was after the scale told me I couldnt like myself today cuz I was back to 209. I even ran a few times. I found a groove in running granted it was only about 100 yards but it still was a groove now I know how people feel who can actually run! I wonder how long it will take to build my cardio up so I can actually run.

Just got back from the gym and last week I could only go halfway around the gym in walking lunges today I went all the way around the gym!!!! I did use 3lbs weights. I think Im gonna be sore tomorrow!

OH I forgot my BIGGEST NSV-I have not smoked since Sat at 8pm!!!! 41 hours and counting!

Last edited by cara1980; 10-15-2007 at 12:58 PM.
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #102  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

What wonderful NSVs!! You are all so inspirational!! Thanks for posting your successes.

As for me...

I walked by a man in church yesterday who seldom talks to me and he said, "Hello, Slim." Now "slim" is not something I consider myself at all! But, it is nice to hear that my efforts are paying off.

Also, I have noticed that I am literally hopping out of bed now! I used to roll over, put my feet on the floor, and kinda just sit there to get a grip. Now I just hop up as if I have no reason to pause. That is a nice feeling.

One more...my hubby reached to lay his hand over on my stomach but his arm hit my ribs instead. He exclaimed about it and said he couldn't remember the last time he could feel my ribs. Aren't men so tactful? LOL! It was nice to hear that he could feel them now, however. LOL!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #103  
Masterpiece in progress

Great NSV's everyone!
I got two compliments , yesterday and today , about my weight loss. My neighbor , last night, asked me am I loosing weight? I said yes , and she said you are looking good.
Today my dd teacher from last year saw me for the first time, since June and couldn't believe her eyes, she went on and on, that I am looking fabulous, wanted to know what I was doing, and when I left she said she can't wait to see me in a few more months.
So it is noticable , I look very different, I think from before. My bone structure is becoming visible. I am loving it!!
cheryl
Old 10-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #104  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Don't you just love how men says things lol.
Yes......they are notorious for such profound statements. I actually have THE BEST husband in the whole world...he just isn't real polished in how to say things....at least from a woman's point of view!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #105  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I've had a couple NSV's lately.

When I went for my annual checkup the nurse used the regular blood pressure cuff and not the large one. This was exciting for me, I was always so embarrassed that she'd have to leave the room and come back with the bigger cuff.

I got two compliments today. I saw my aunt for the first time in a few months and when I walked in she said "Hey, who's that skinny thing?" She also told me she's really proud of me. (one of the best compliments a person can give me.)

Compliment number two was especially meaningful for some reason. I play volleyball with a lady who's not all that nice... in fact she's usually downright mean. Tonight as she was leaving she touched me on the arm, looked me straight in the eye, smiled, and said "You're looking really good." That one warmed me from the inside.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote