Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Today I am wearing a dress I've had for some time that ties in the back so it's lasted some time. But I realized today it is suddenly much longer - lol. And really I'm looking kind of sloppy so I think this dress is going in the donation bin tonight. Yeah!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:22 AM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, Lifeguard! Clothes NSVs are my favorites!

Robin - can you believe that I've been around here almost a year and I've never used that BMI calculator? It was a little disconcerting to see that I'm in the Very High Risk category after losing over 30 pounds. However, I popped in my highest weight (264.4) and I was in the Extremely High Risk category. Yep, as I always say, its all about perspective. I only have 9 more pounds to merely be obese....can you believe it?! I want to reach obesity. I will be merely overweight at 191 and normal at 159. I cant wait to be normal....I don't believe normalcy has every been a part of me!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Robin,
Thanks so much for your post about your shoes! This sounds silly, but I wondered if people's shoe sizes changed along with their clothes size! My shoes do seem bigger now, and I thought it was my imagination!
Tricia,
Congratulations on the 14's!! It must be such a great feeling. It sort of goes along with my NSV.
Last month I posted that I got my size 16w's zipped, but couldn't breathe...now that's what I'm wearing! My 18's swim on me!!! I was out today, and just had to TRY on clothes..not that I bought any, but just to be able to go in the REGULAR section of the store and pick something off of the rack was so amazing. (Who says you have to spend money to feel good?! ;-) ) It gave me mixed feelings, though. To be able to bypass the women's section was so emotional to me. I literally had a little lump in my throat. I don't know if it was sadness for what I used to wear and the years of making poor choices and what I put my body through....I don't know. Sorry for rambling. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?!!
Congrats to all of the NSV's out there!!!!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #19  
Made of Starstuff

Congrats on all those NSV's

I've got one for today. I knew I was going to have to stay several hours late after work for overtime. I also knew that at 6:00 they'd "surprise" us with pizza & sodas. I planned ahead, packed an extra meal for dinner, and when they "surprise!" bought pizza, I didn't have any ^.^ I enjoyed my own food.

Sure I had to have three meals at work today, but at least I don't feel gross after eating pizza that I didn't want in the first place!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:16 AM   #20  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I bought a watch when I was at my highest weight that I haven't worn much. When I bought it I added a link and it was still too tight. I put it on today, sans extra link, and it's TOO BIG!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #21  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I had lunch out with a friend, got the grilled chicken instead of the battered chicken with a sauce i LOVE lol, but that's not the victory part .... i had a kit kat bar which was definitely Off Plan, but i shoved it in --- here comes the victory part -- instead of writing off the entire day, thinking "oh well i blew it i might as well eat an entire dairy queen cake by myself" as i usually did in the past, I got right back on the house and have a very light supper of homemade veggie soup and a slice of whole wheat bread.. a cup of tea and nothing else for the night!

lunch out and a kit kat bar does NOT sound like a victory day LOL, i know, but it's the psychological change I think that is worth noting

yay!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I finally did the cleaning out of the closet and getting rid of everything that was too big. This was a huge NSV for me because those clothes were such a safety net. I had a closet full of 2x and 3x shirts, and size 24 pants (and a lone pair of 26's that I prefer to not think about), and now there's nothing larger than a regular XL top and 18 pants and those are getting a little big.

The sad thing was that there really was very little I could give to charity. Most stuff was getting pretty worn and ratty and just ended up in the trash. It was one of those moments where you question how you let yourself get to that point. I mean, really, how slobby did I look? Apparently pretty bad.

On the upside, my husband came home, looked at my side of the closet and said that he didn't know what I could buy because I was losing so fast, but for me to feel free to max out the Macy's card whenever I wanted. Reason #843 why he's such a great catch.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #23  
Former Quitter

When we moved in June, I packed up all of my shirts I had outgrown and put them on the top shelf of my closet. We were going to church tonight and earlier today, I had chosen a shirt to wear that needed ironing. I was running late and didnt have time to iron and all of my clothes were in the wash. I got this wild idea to just see if I could fit back into one of those shirts in the closet......Yep, it did fit and it looked great! I went to church with a big smile on my face. My shirt was a 1x. At the beginning of the year, I was wearing 3x.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #24  
Made of Starstuff

Another happy choice today: Again working late, but this time they ordered cold cuts & rolls. ... And chips & cookies & soda. So, I went up, took a roll, one slice of cheese, 4 thin slices of lunch meat and left the area before even walking by the rest. Success!!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

So many great NSV's! I totally get the wearing rough looking clothes thing. I've definitely had times where I have basically given up on myself - especially my appearnce. It's like I would look in the mirror, think I'm fat & figure therefore there was no point making myself look presentable. Ugh - what others must have thought!

Tonight I went to the gym after work. I was just itching to get there - which is an nsv in itself. But then at the gym I did a group class - which I don't usually do. There was 4 other women, all slimmer & some younger than me. Well - I kicked ***!!!!! I used heavier weights, held planks longer & steadier, did more pushups... It was fantastic! Plus my trainer was the instructor & kept using me to demonstrate things & had me do more reps than the others.

And the best part....

.... at the end of the class we each had to 250m on the rowing machine. I usually do 2-4 250m &/or 500m so this was easy enough but I rowed not only my personal best of 56.2sec but the best time in the class!!!!

I have never been the fasted physically than anyone else. I usually can out endurance others but not outspeed them! It was very exciting for me and felt so good to hear the amazement on the other women's face.

And today was official weigh-in & measure day & I lost another 5.5" this week!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #26  
Made of Starstuff

Lifeguard - That's amazing! I'm so happy for your victory ^^
Old 10-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

One of our campers stopped me the other day and was saying how much weight I must be still losing. I thought it was funny considering I have hardly lost any for the last 5 weeks until my 3 lbs. this week.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #28  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

My NSV today..... I woke up with energy at 5:30, but by 7:50 when I was gettting ready to exercise, the energy was gone, but I was determined to do it! I got on my elliptical, and felt like stopping after 25 minutes, but went on and actually did 5 more minutes than normal... 45 minutes on the elliptical, all my general exercises, and some weight lifting. I feel good.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #29  
Former Quitter

Just finished my 60 minutes on the treadmill. I got this crazy idea to break into a run...twice! It was only for 1 minute each time, but I actually ran.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Great job, everyone!

My NSV for today. After dinner the kids really wanted ice cream from Sonic. I was really wanting some, too. Usually, when I want something like that, we just don't go so I'm not too tempted and I don't cave. Well, tonight I just didn't feel like telling them "no" only because I didn't feel strong enough to resist. So I said sure, took them up, and got a large, unsweetened peach tea. 10 calories. VICTORY!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote