Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I had chicken breast, squash, green beans and a small amount of scalloped potatoes. I even left food on my plate. About 7pm I was really wanting something sweet and i fought it until 9 pm, finally had 3 marshmallows and 10 vanilla wafers with FF milk.
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #32  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh Rhonda. Love those Dove chocolates! You were brave to throw them out!
My son and I went walking/running. I added another section to my jogging time, so it was good. I am glad we went even though I could have just stayed in bed!!! Dinner last night was not so good, Taco Bell, and I feel like I'm retaining a bunch of water. Must have been the salt. I'm going to the Farmer's market tonight, so I'm looking forward to that!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #33  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Even though I feel like crap, I am doing ok. Last night I didn't lift any weights, just tired, so this morning I did 31 minutes on the elliptical some regular exercises and lifted weights. I left out 2 exercises, because of bad cramping, but I am ok with it. I ate fine yesterday and so far so good, I am still not that hungry, but am trying to eat, usually when I have my TOM, I don't eat breakfast, today I had breakfast. For lunch I am unsure, what I am going to eat, it's either two tofu pups, or a bean burrito( Amy's), and for dinner I am shooting for some steamed broccoli with maybe a sweet potato on the side and of course lots of fruit for snack, and maybe a yogurt too.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #34  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I am doing ok so far today, not great, but ok. Tonight right after work I am going to the gym to get some cardio in. Then it is grocery shopping! I am SO glad that tomorrow night I can just go home from work (after going to the gym, of course). It seems like every night I have had errands and things to do.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #35  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all. Last night I did not go to the gym. You see, yesterday I got a shipment from Netrition. They have sugar-free peanut brittle so I added a little pkg to my order, thinking I coud have a little piece for dessert after dinner, once in a while. Hah. It came, I opened it, and ate it ALL. One more thing I can't have in the house. Kinda like whipped cream. I have a 2-week menu that shows sugar-free jello with whipped cream for dessert. Hm. Their idea of a serving of whipped cream is 2 Tbs. My idea of a serving is, completely hide whatever is underneath. 2 Tbs is, um, the first bite. So I can't have whipped cream in the house, either. I've only been doing this for 2 mos., so I'm still climbing the learning curve. Anyway, last night I had the worst gas + runs (sorry for the TMI) I've had in, well, maybe ever. Honestly, it was waaaaay into comedy zone, it was so extreme. Needless to say I didn't go anywhere. Serves me right. Also a good deterrant. I will never order that stuff again, fore two reasons! I'd probably have been just fine if I had a little piece, but nooooo, I had to eat it all. But for the good news: y'know how some of y'all have suggested eat more to lose more if intake is too low? I have been doing that for several days now. I' have dropped another 2 pounds! And I don't think it was last night's squizzly gizzard, either, for various reasons I won't go into. I'll see over the next couple of days if it sticks, before moving my ticker, but I'm finally not bouncing between 254-257 anymore. Those rockets and flares y9u will see to the West ... those will be me, when I get below 250!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Ok
well so far I'm surviving the week. Today I have no lunches or dinners out so I'm really REALLY happy about that. I had the leftover half of my chicken sandwich in the fridge at work from yesterday so I'm having just the chicken from that (the chicken was just plain grilled) and tossed the bread...big sourdough bread. I just didn't want to waste the whole thing.... i try not to be a wasteful person. I'm looking forward to something cooked at home tonight...nice an healthy.

I haven't worked out all week...well managed to get some walking in and have been trying to supplement with small things like taking the stairs or the long route etc. but I haven't actually been to the gym. I'm going to try to go tonight after work and will definitely go tomorrow and over the weekend. Next week is my folk festival so this weekend will be spent airing out camping gear and cleaning the car etc so I'll be moving around a lot.

Gosh this week has been tough.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 PM   #37  
mj5

I didn't make it to the gym tonight. I was involved in a major issue at work so I didn't leave work until late, then went to the grocery store. Now it is pouring rain, so no walk outside for me.

I MUST get my butt back in the gym. Eating was not great today. I have found that unfortunately, if I slack in one area, I slack in the other too. The good news is, I will NOT let this spiral out of control. The old me would decide that since I have not gone to the gym for two days that there is no need to go on Friday either. NOT SO! I will be there tomorrow!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #38  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all! Back from the wild north! It was an awesome trip. I was totally dreading it and it was great. I had so much fun! It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen -- an island in lake Huron surrounded by hundreds of other tiny islands. We boated, we hiked, we vegged. It was great! And it wasn't a big deal that I didn't bring a bathing suit. It's a good lesson that it's better to be scared and try something, than to sit on the sidelines and miss out on good memories and fun.

I wasn't able to pick my own food, so I watched my portions, stayed away from the bad snacks, and stayed away from the calorie laden alcohol (and my family can drink!). I haven't weighed in yet, but I will see how I did tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a great week - it looks like it and I'm gald to see so many people on the thread!!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

It is almost 11, just got back to the house. Today I went to work a few minutes earlier than usual, and had the time to park the car further away. Then I took the stairs carrying my laptop to the 3rd floor, I think this is for the first time in my life when I did it out of my will, and not because I was walking with someone or no elivator was available. I repeated same during lunch up and down.
Evening was ok, though I really did not feel like going to the gym, I went for 1 hour walk with a friend where we did a full hour of pretty power walking (had some sweat) followed by 15 min of just cool down leasure walk.
Food was semi ok: 1/2 tuna pita, though I tried throwing away majority of the pita, I ended up eating the left over, next time I will toss it to trash. Lunch was sushi (I did not feel stuffed, but it was good size), dinner: finished the second part of pita, 20 small croutons, and 4 tablespoons of sun flower seeds (just now glanced at the calories over 130 calories from fat...plus that salt, most likely I will not be eating them soon again)
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #40  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, CC! Glad you had such an awesome time!
Yesterday was a good day for me except I was lacking in drinking water. I'll do better today. We have my son's baseball party tonight and they asked me to bring a salad, so I know there will be one good dish for me to eat!! I'll just watch what they have there and make good choices.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #41  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I made it to Friday, yes!!! I didn't go off plan, and even exercised when I felt like lying in bed. Tonight hubby is making Sushi ( sushi with crabmeat and avocado), so I will have about 7 pieces for dinner, and that should be ok. Breakfast was Kashi go lean crunch cereal( 1/2 cup) with skim milk and 6 oz of grapefruit juice. Lunch will either be some tuna, veggie burger with hummus or a veggie burrito, and of course some fruit / yogurt for a snack.
cheryl

ps all ready got my exercise in for today.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #42  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone.

CC - so glad you had a great time..and handled the food temptations with such grace! I'm impressed.

Shellie - Wow, that peanut brittle was nasty stuff, huh? I have stomach issues like that if I eat too much SF ice cream.

Diane - Hope you enjoy the baseball party....and your yummy salad!

CBETA - Good job with the stairs! I see buns of steel in your future!

mj - So, what are your gym plans for today?

Sunshine - You've done a great job with staying on-plan during a very tempting week.

I posted in the One reason thread that I'm fighting a major headache today and fighting the desire to comfort myself and make myself feel better with something sugary and starchy. The number on the scales looked really great this morning and that has given me extra encouragement to stay on-plan. Hopefully, this headache will let up soon. I'm starting to think that I'm having an allergic/sensitivity reaction to something I'm eating/drinking....maybe my 1/2 cup of SF ice cream each evening or the one diet Barq's soda I allow myself each day? At first, I thought it was sugar withdrawal...but, I'm not so sure. I should be feeling better by now. I will skip one of these items tonight and see how I feel in the morning.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan weekend.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #43  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Well the scale was up after my vacation this morning, which bums me out, but I know I didn't overdo so it's got to be something out of my control. Oh well, it'll be gone soon! Back in control of my universe today...

Have a good one! Feel better soon, Rhonda!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey Gals,
Sorry I'm so late today...out internet was down at work today...sometimes I really wonder what people did before the internet....these days if that goes down I can't get anything done!

Anyway on plan today,all good things. I'm already home from work and wicked happy that its the weekend. I made it through the lunches out, the scale hasn't moved in either direction but I suppose that is better than up! This weekend is time to get all the gear ready for next week. I have on lunch out on Monday for another restaurant meeting then after that it's smooth sailing to 6 days out of the office and onward to the folk festival.

It can't come soon enough!

Welcome back CC!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:32 AM   #45  
mj5

Hi everyone! I didn't make it to the gym again yesterday. It was our staff picnic, and after a day of 'fun in the sun' I was just pooped! I should have gone in even just for some cardio, but didn't. Today is gorgeous, so after I get some cleaning done, I am going to take a nice long walk.

CC--welcome back! I am SO glad you had a great time!
Rhonda--how's the headache? Hopefully long gone by now!
Sunshine--I have no idea what we did before the internet! When ours is down, it's terrible!

I am getting so excited for vacation! I only work 3 days next week (although I will probably end up working late Mon and Tues to get stuff ready--I will go to the gym those days, even if I work late!) We are going away for the first few days--no gym there, but it's ok. There are some great areas to walk.
mj