Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #16  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there, NESunshine. If you can try portion control and leave some on your plate, that might help. Otherwise, just keep in mind that this will not take you completely off track. You can get right back in the "on plan" game tomorrow!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again! I SO want to go get an iced coffee right now! BUT, instead I am going to have more water. After I go to the gym, as long as I do my whole workout, that will be my 'treat' to myself while I run a ton of errands.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

ok I made it through lunch...went with the chicken parm sandwich....not to bad... chicken was grilled not fried with sliced tomatoes and arrugla, light on the cheese (and they listened) and sauce on the side so I could just dip for a taste. It was actually a very nice sandwich, not greasy or fried, not smothered in a pound of cheese, and tasty with the fresh tomatoes.
Came with chips....parmesan cheese chips...so I had a few (the cheese is more of a downfall for me than the chips), didn't eat the whole thing could have been a lot worse. Had water and a diet coke no wine.

oh MJ...I'm what is known as a pastatarian hahaha...but I also switched to whole wheat a long time ago if I have it at home and I just try not to order it out. Slashnl I wish this was the end of it... I'm t-minus 45 minutes and counting to my dinner meeting....aiming for a salad and NO alcohol...and I have lunches every day this week. I'm just trying to exercise a lot and watch portions and order specially where I can.

We also walked to the restaurant today so we got in a solid 2.5 miles (total there and back) so I'm hoping that helped too... city walking in heels carrying tons of meeting stuff in the heat, so that was good too

I'm just trying to think of next week when I'll be at festival running around burning tons of calories and I'm sure it will be so hot that all we'll be eating is salad and water and fruit cause it will be to hot for heavy things! SO much better than the restaurant marathon week!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #19  
Diane

That sounds really positive, NESunshine! You've already made some good choices. I know how hard those business lunches can be!! It is so tempting to give in! Dinners are even worse because of the alcohol!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 AM   #20  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Mj5 - You handled the donuts and iced coffee nicely...good job! Sunshine, eating out is my most difficult challenge...looks like you are doing a great job of planning ahead and staying on-plan.

I made it through day 1 - and I'm still alive! Mentally, I'm doing great - feeling positive and hopeful. Physically, not so great - real headachey and tired. Breaking a sugar addiction is not easy, but I know it gets easier in a few days and I know that I will feel better than I have in a looooong time. So, I'm in this to stay!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:45 AM   #21  
Diane

Good job Rhonda! You can make it through the withdrawals!!
Yesterday was a good day for me, 2 in a row! Today I didn't go out walking with my son because he was really exhausted and I wanted him to get the extra sleep. I probably should have gone by myself, but I am going to try to get some exercise in tonight while my daughter is at a pool party.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #22  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I have been doing better than the weekend , T.O.M is to blame, but I still had a weight loss, so I am happy. I have been eating fine and dealing with the blah's ok. This morning I ate ok and I even did my exercises, even though I wanted to lie in bed, I did it. The first few days of my T.O.M I don't have a big appetite, so I expect I should do fine in the food department, and hopefully I will lift weights tonight.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #23  
mj5

Good Morning!

Sunshine--Great job at lunch! Mmm, that sandwich sounds yummy! I may have to try an 'at home' version!

Rhonda--Congrats on making it through day 1! You CAN do this!

Diane--Yahoo! 2 days in a row!

I did good all day, until dinner last night. It isn't that what I ate was so bad--it was just really late! 8:30pm is too late to eat dinner! But, I didn't pick up any junk food while I was running errands--I even drove past 7 fast food places!

I did lots of nice things for myself yesterday! I bought 2 shirts--I have been saying that I won't buy any more clothes until I drop a size again. Lately I have been getting sick of what I have been wearing so....I found two really cute shirts for 4.99 each! Couldn't resist! I also ordered a pair of birkenstock clogs for myself. And, I bought some new eyeshadow!

So far so good today...I have tons of meetings, so I won't be tempted to sit at my desk and snack (a very bad habit of mine!)
Old 07-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #24  
mj5

Go Cheryl! Good for you for getting out of bed this am instead of staying in bed!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #25  
Diane

mj5: Now is a great time to buy clothes. They are putting everything on clearance, so it makes it easy to indulge! Congrats on that!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #26  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I should go to the gym today, but yesterday I lifted a cast iron sink and my back is still unhappy. Nothing awful happened, just dire threats, but I was *really* careful for the rest of the day. Today, the middle of my back (maybe 3" below bra hooks) hurts when I sit too long or walk too far. I'm going to give it a few more hours. I have an appt. fromj 7-8, I'll plan to go after that if back has improved. Should be better by then.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

ahhhh
sorry I'm so late today! It's been one of those crazy work days...and I get to go home now so it will be quick...
Had lunch today...did another grilled chicken sandwich, hold the spread extra veggies so nothing to terrible out... I haven't had time to eat anything else today except my healthy breakfast at home this morning....also did the walk (in the rain) to and from the restaurant for our lunch meeting....good couple of miles so I'm happy
till tomorrow
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #28  
mj5

alright...confession time! I didn't get to the gym today....we went to see a friend who just came home from the hospital, so at least it was a 'good' reason not to go. Unfortunately, we were running late after running errands and my choice for dinner was terrible. I feel so icky right now. It's ok, though, only one bad meal today. I was so busy at work I didn't eat much for lunch--not necessarily a good thing, I know.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Ok, I am off to make our grocery list...full of healthy foods!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #29  
mj5

Diane--I almost forgot to say...for me anytime is a great time to buy clothes! I see bargain shopping as a sport---really, it's a sickness LOL! I don't let myself get out of control, butI like to look nice, I just don't like spend a lot on clothes when I know I won't be this size for long! Now shoes....that's a whole different thing!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #30  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.

I'm feeling much better today. Woke up with a terrible headache, but its gone. I'm now ating my breakfast of steel cut oatmeal and turkey bacon. Yum Yum! Had one bad moment earlier...was feeling very stressed because couldnt find my DDs birth certificate to register her for school....opened my desk drawer and there was my hidden stash of Dove Milk Chocolates with caramel filling. Forgot I had those......don't need them anymore, so into the trash they go!

I better get to work.....ttyl
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote