Old 05-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #61  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

Ladies - it is amazing to read all your successes!! Congratulations to all!!

Today - success was.... going into the dunkin donuts for a cup of coffee - and coming out with JUST a cup of coffee!!

Hey - I was wondering - does anyone avoid the DD? At a meeting someone said she thought it was best to remove the temptation completely and not go in at all. But I kind of feel like that would be "censoring" the world. And I feel that as a part of life, in general, we have to meet challenges, not avoid them. I'd love to hear anyone elses thoughts.
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Wow! So many big NSV's! Great work everyone!!!

I went to the gym last night & stayed perfectly on plan yesterday & so far today. As well, we put our yard waste out for pick up last night & we had 12 of those large paper leaf bags & 3 trees worth of branches piled up. It took up 1/2 our driveway! And I raked all those bags & broke up all those branches. (ok dh helped some)
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:36 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 292/?/150

Height: 5ft6in

Beth, I do avoid sometimes and sometimes I don't. It depends on where my head is at! One day I was feeling great and went with the kids to the all you can eat pizza buffet place. All I had was salad. Felt great. Some days, I can't even trust myself to drive by! As far as DD goes, I was in there awhile back to get coffee and the person there told me all the "flavors" (love me some flavored coffee) were sugar-free. I looked it up online and sure enough! That put DD on my good list, at least when the donuts aren't calling me!

My nsv for today was that my dh asked me to run an errand for him. The most gas efficient way to do it was to go before a class at the Y that I really like. I had dropped off my dd at an activity, was going to do the errand, and be at the Y by 10:30. Of course everything took longer than expected and knew that if I did the errand first, I would miss my class. I told myself that my class was important and even if it was not the most efficient way, I deserved to be at my class! And I did! I did my Women on Weights class, a 15 minute abs lab and the cardio tread class (which kicked my butt and felt great). Got the errand done after that (although I wonder what the bank people thought of me all sweaty and gross!). It felt great!
Shellyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #64  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

robin, I thought of you last night. My son showed up with a box of cheese bread sticks. My DD and her friend both opened the box and got one. I was closing the box and my DH walked in the room. He thought I was eating them too and said "OMG, you are eating those". I gave him a quick, gentle kick in the butt and told him to lay off trying to be the food police". He cracked up. (I wasn't eating them , just trying to shut the box so I didn't have to see the temptation).

Lifeguard, I know how good it feels to do all that yard work. I have been mowing, weeding, moved 2 ricks of wood, planted hedges and planted an entire food garden. It feels like such a great accomplishment. My DH cut a tree down at the end of our driveway and just left it laying there all cut up. I moved and stacked that whole darn tree by myself.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #65  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I had my physical today and the doctor said I'm in absolutely fantastic shape... except for the weight Cholesterol was 134 with an HDL of 41. Other good stuff too.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #66  
Can't Doesn't Exist

S/C/G: 285/270/175

Height: 5'8"

Today my mom complimented me on my thighs looking thinner! I hadn't even really noticed it before, but my jeans are rather baggy in that area now.
Astrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #67  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellyknits View Post
Some days, I can't even trust myself to drive by!
Isn't it funny how our brains work?!?! Sometimes I wish I could bottle the good strong feelings & use them when I'm feeling weak!!

And congrats to you for making yourself a priority!!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #68  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

My pants are falling down today!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #69  
Can't Doesn't Exist

Quote:
My pants are falling down today!
How awesome! Congrats to you and keep on going!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Yesterday I went shopping for a dress to wear to go to the prom as a chaperone. I wanted a very simple black dress -- I had a wrap dress in mind for some reason -- I've always liked those. I figured I could dress it up with jewelry. I don't want to be too dressed up. Well, I looked for AGES and couldn't find anything, but the good news is this: All the dresses I tried on were size 14 in regular departments! The bad news is this -- my torso is too long or something, and I have trouble with that. I never knew that before because I NEVER wore dresses if I could avoid it (I'm all about covering my fat stomach, and a shirt over a skirt always worked better for that).

So I finally found a very simple black dress (size XL) that looks like a wrap dress at the top but isn't. It skims past my hips in quite a nice manner! I have to find something to wear under it to cover my cleavage so I don't scare the children.

Now I'm on a search for some good shoes to wear with it, but I'll have to find them Saturday afternoon before I go! (Cutting it close...)

Anyway, yay for trying on size 14 dresses!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Awesome job, Lisa!!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:28 PM   #72  
LWM

S/C/G: 263/255/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Smile Making time for exercise

This my first NSV post. It may seem convoluted, but here goes...

Today, for the first time in years I actually got a little thrill when I thought about exercising! Today is our wedding anniversary, and we had planned a casual dinner out to celebrate. I had pretty much written off exercising for today, but threw my workout stuff in the car anyway (figuring I'd use it tomorrow). All of the planets must have been aligned for me today, because last meeting of the day let out early, which allowed me to pick up my daughter from preschool early. On the way home from school, my husband called and said that he was ducking out of work early and suggested that we meet him at the restaurant. We wound up having a nice, early dinner - with plenty of time to spare before the gym closed. Although I felt a little guilty deserting him on our anniversary, I hopped in the car and drove straight to the gym (with my husband's blessing!), while he brought our little one home and put her to bed! Then (it actually gets better!), after I had finished my workout at Curves, the owner invited me to try out the yoga/Pilates class that they offer after hours. It was a great 60 minute class (thankfully no one seemed to notice how awkward I was!). And, as an anniversary present to myself, I signed up for the next set of classes! What a day!!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:05 PM   #73  
Can't Doesn't Exist

How awesome that your hubby was so supportive!

Isn't it funny how after a while, the body seems to crave exercise? If I miss more than one day of it, it's like my limbs just won't relax!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 AM   #74  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

I love reading the NSV's - they're fantastic.

Well, I went shopping today and bought size 22 jeans. And they fit me perfectly! And they're jeans which never fit me!

Yeah, I'm kind of excited by this
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:24 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 246/205/137

Height: 5' 6"

Default Discovered on my way to the gym this morning

I can no longer wear my old work out pants, draw string and all, because they are too big for me. Well, I suppose I could wear them on the elliptical and just keep pulling them up, but for things like yoga and kickboxing, forget about it!
Fooled is offline   Reply With Quote