Old 05-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #151  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

This weekend I got a new bed and a car. And I just found out that I'm getting my own computer on Saturday.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #152  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Kelly, the last part of your NSV is amazing! To be an inspiration to others and to make a difference in someone else's life is incredible. The clothes NSV is good too, but to affect someone else in a healthy, positive, life-changing way is the ultimate!!
Way too go!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 PM   #153  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

On a whim tonite, I decided that I wanted to ready my strawberry patch for planting. I hung a light above me (as it was already starting to get dark) and went ahead and got it about half ready. I just decided, why put off til tomorrow what I can get done today. Then, I came in and rested a few min's and hit the elliptical. I also planted a row of okra today and put stakes up on my tomato plants. I'm finding that gardening is something that I enjoy and gives me plenty of reason to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors.

My strange NSV, this morning when I stepped out of the shower, I noticed my back in the mirror. It was the first time since high school that I thought, "hmm, my back looks sexy." But, it does. I find it weird that 10.5 months into maintenance and I'm still finding new things that I like about my new body. Just gives me such great incentive to keep this wt. off.

Last edited by lilybelle; 05-21-2007 at 11:56 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #154  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

A couple of NSV's for me (which I am finding are coming more and more frequently for me now )

My mom was over on Sunday and said she noticed that I was losing weight. It feels good when people finally start to notice.

And I fit into a pair of size 20 jeans that were oh so tight just a few weeks ago. I have a pair of 18 capri jeans that I'm aiming for next.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #155  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

JasonsLea, gotta love those perks! Good for you on all the new goodies!

Thank you, Diane! Having someone so close to me tell me to my face that I inspired them left me speechless. I am so happy for her! In fact, I picked up a card yesterday and sent it to her telling her thanks and I love her, and she can do this....I have so much confidence in her!

Lilybelle, you motivate me so much to just go do it, whatever it is! And those continuing NSV's, they kinda remind me of watching a movie over and over.....every time you watch it you catch something new that you've not seen before....good for you!

Tiffany way to go on the smaller sizes! That has been one of the most motivating factors for me personally through this whole journey so far. Fitting into something smaller has been just as important as seeing the numbers on the scale move. Good for you!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #156  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
What a great feeling! Congrats! I LOVE to shop the clearance racks. A couple of days ago I found 4 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of pants, 3 pair of workout pants, and 2 shirts for $53 total (which is UNDER $5 per item - got to love that)! I bought sizes all the way down to 12. That's how I shop, now. I love having things in the closet to try and and see where I am from week to week.
Best Movtivational Tool invented. I just ordered a swimsuit and thought it was going to be too tight. You know what, I am going to wear that sucker this weekend and I won't even have to jump off the roof to get into it.

Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I started class again tonight and as soon as I walked into the classroom someone I didn't know said how good my outfit looked. I vary rarely got complements like this while I was heavy.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:50 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Ok, this may sound really wierd but here's mine for the day: I was able to set my water bottle in between my legs while I was driving. It's been a long time since I could do that!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Tricia, I love little things like that!

My NSV today is that a student was bagging my groceries at the grocery store and he said, "Mrs. _________, I just have to tell you that you look WONDERFUL." He said it a few times and then said he has to bring a camera to school to take a picture of me and send it to a friend of his who moved away a few months ago and hasn't seen me in a while. Awww... sometimes I love students. It was especially nice because I actually looked all sweaty and hideous after coming from the gym.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #160  

Lisa, I love them too! It's those little day to day things that really seem to hit me hardest. My water bottle is too wide at the bottom to fit into the cup holder. I've always just held it, rested on my leg. Today I just set it down without even thinking about it because I was getting out of a tight parking spot and was partway home before it hit me! Another thing I noticed at the same time was there are at least 6 inches between my belly and the steering wheel...and my seat is moved up! In the past the steering wheel was not touching but closer than I ever wanted to admit!

I think it's so great how complimentary your "kids" are to you! I admire your courage at facing teenagers everyday! They intimidate the heck out of me!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #161  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Regular exercise has alwaysbeen my downfall. If I didn't get to do what I wanted, when I wanted...I just didn't do it. Well, for 2 nights in a row, I rolled with the changes and made it a point to fit exercise into my evening. And I feel so much better because of it!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:10 AM   #162  
Kelly M

I stopped at Dress Barn on my way home from work today to look at some shorts that I had seen a month or so ago. Took a size 10 into the dressing room with high hopes, as a month ago I had tried on a 12 and they fit perfectly at the time. Well, not only did the 10 fit, they were loose! I went out of the dressing room with the shorts still on to get a smaller size (very few customers in there today), I picked up an 8 to try on AND THEY FIT!!!! Not the "snug but they'll look good in a couple weeks" but actually fit well! I was so excited that I bought them, and if I could've found them in another color I'd have bought them too! Now, I will admit that when I got home I compared them to a size 10 skort in my closet and they're the same size, but something about seeing that single digit on the size tag was just beyond amazing!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:13 AM   #163  
Kelly M

Ooohh....forgot to add this....as I was looking for an additional pair of shorts I ran across this "little white tee" that was toooooo cute, but they only had it in a medium and an extra large. I went ahead and took the medium into the dressing room, but was sure it would be too snug for me to be comfortable in it. WRONG!! It was so cute and fit great, I bought it too!

I try on clothes a lot now, but rarely purchase anything because I hate to pay the prices for new clothes that I'm hoping won't fit soon so I tend to end up at the thrift store for clothes to "get me through" so this was a real splurge today!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:27 AM   #164  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

So, I'm going to my weigh in at lunch time which is in the other building - my work has 2 buildings on its site with staff spread out between them - and I run into Susan who I haven't seen for several weeks due to us working in separate buildings. She stops dead, stares at me in absolute amazement and says: "Nicole, what have you been doing - you look fantastic."

Obviously, I haven't lost a lot of weight - you can all see my ticker, but it seems that people are noticing the little that I have lost. I'm absolutely delighted - reality is my epilepsy meds tend to slow down weight loss so any week that I lose a pound is a fantastic week.

Given I was expecting a gain (but ended up losing ), her comment just made my day...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #165  

I'm getting ready to head out into public in size 20 jeans and an xl tshirt! Who knew those sizes were something to be excited about!?!?