Old 05-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #46  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I was shaving my underarms this morning and I realized I have a hollow that wasn't there before. Now I have to be careful about shaving because it isn't a piece of flab covered by hair, it now has curves.
OMG Nelie - me too!!! I noticed this a bunch of weeks ago. I was like, what the heck is going on here? It's so deeply hollowed that I have a difficult time getting in there. So weird.

Also, my daughters 18 year old boyfriend was over the other day. When he left my daughter tells me he said to her he just could not believe how skinny I was. Yes, Lily, your NSV prompted me to remember that. It's great when teens notice. It's pretty cool that people think you look younger then your DH, even though he's the younger one. Pretty cool indeed.

Great going to the rest of the losing gang.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:04 PM   #47  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

My NSV is a couple days late, but I wanted to share anyway! I picked DD up from school Friday afternoon for an appointment. This is the same school where DS went, and DD has been there 3 years, so I'm not a new face. They've seen me come and go for years, regularly (both kiddos had braces, and you know how many appointments you have to pull them from school for!). Anyway, I'm standing at the counter in the office waiting for DD to come in and sign out when the secretary looks at me and says "Oh my gosh, Kelly! I've been sitting here looking at you while trying not to look like I was looking at you.....I was trying to figure out if you had an older daughter that I didn't remember that was here to pick up ******! I was sure it wasn't you, it had to be your daughter waiting!" OK, so I could've kissed her! She thought I was my kid!!!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #48  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well I had my big dinner last night that I had been anticipating for awhile with DH's side of the family. Of course I had seen his siblings and parents since the weightloss, but not his cousins and aunts and uncles.

Wow. It was an incredible night. I wore a really pretty dress and felt really confident in it. I got some pretty unbelivable responses. A couple of people shrieked, literally shrieked - loudly. At one point I was standing around with my DH, SIL, BIL, MIL and one or two other people. Over walks a distant cousin, we all say hello and she's talking and talking and then about 3 or 4 minutes later she screams "OMG, is that Robin?" She hadn't recognized me at first. She said if my DH hadn't put his arm around me that she never would have recognized me. I got lots of hugs and kisses and congratulations. My husband was beaming with pride, just taking it all in, walking around with me and showing me off. I felt like some sort of debutante, having her "coming out" so to speak. Sooo many of the women were asking me how I did it and all, asking me for "diet" tips and all that.

The only downside was that everybody was "policing" my food intake for the night. Oh you must not eat this, gotta stay away from that. They kept showing me what they were eating. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing afterall, I was afraid to eat the whole night. And man oh man was there tons and tons of food. It was buffet style. The food just kept on coming all evening. There was chinese food of every sort. BBQ, mexican, middle eastern, carvings, pasta, salads and on and on. They had dessert tables filled with heated desserts. Carmel cakes, chocolate cakes with marshmallows, apple cake - all hot with ice cream and toppings and whipped cream, chocolate cream and fruits and nuts on the side. Then there was the regular desserts. Just incredible. Strawberry short cake, mocha, just every kind of cake imaginable, pecan pies, fruit tarts, mousses, cannolis, napoleans, fancy cookies and sooo much more. There was endless sushi. So I guess another NSV was that I walked away having eaten just a few grilled veggies, some mushroom salad, a couple of slices of turkey breast and 3 bites of dessert. And of course when I put one of the bites in my mouth one of my SIL's says, "OMG, did I just see you cheat?" I layed into her but good. She always pi$$es me and all my other SILs off as well and I had had enough of everyone policing me for the night. So I went on to say "Cheat, no I don't cheat." And blah, blah, blah.

It was a nice evening to say the least. It definitely cemented my feelings that I can do this forever and ever. That every little bit of so called sacrifice is defintely, defintely worth it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #49  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, Robin. Just unbelievable! You are inspiring, and we haven't even seen any pictures yet!!

My NSV is this: I came here 2 or 3 months ago with an NSV that I was able to put on a skirt that used to be tight and it not be tight or uncomfortable. Well, this weekend, I decided that same skirt I am not going to be able to wear anymore - it is falling off and looks tacky now!!! I also wore a blouse to church last night that I decided the same thing about - and these 2 articles of clothing were definitely not loose when I started this in January!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I had a great weekend. It was really busy but I kept to my sleep/wake schedule & got lots done around the house. A garage sale on Saturday & got rid of a pile of stuff. Raked and broke down a huge pile of tree branches for pick up this week and weeded and mowed. Brought my godson swimming and finished setting up the furniture in the spare room for him.

Yesterday was the first day of my recommittment. 2 months until the family reunion & trip to Banff & Jasper. We are going backpacking in the mountains so I need to get serious about fitness. I have my gym bag packed for after work & have an appointment this afternoon for a massage to get the knot out of my shoulder blade area (I get this from sitting too much --- lol!)
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Robin your story is so inspiring. You must of felt on top of the world. You should be very proud of yourself.

My campers are all starting to come back and notice that I have lost weight. It is almost funny some of the comments. Like "Are you trying to lose weight." "Are you sick." I hope I don't look sick. I feel terrific. What if I came back with a smart comment. For example, "I see you've gained alot of weight over the winter are you feeling alright." It is funny the things people ask you, it almost borders on rude.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #52  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My husband is going to kill me.... This month is our 6 month anniversary (yay!) but my wedding set is too big now. I've only had them for 9 months or so. The store we bought the rings at gives me a free resizing but I don't want to do it any time soon. Anyway, I am either going to start wearing them on my middle finger or get something to make the rings tighter.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Nelie - apparently there are plastic ring sizers that are meant just for that purpose - ask at your jewellry store. I've never used one but a friend of mine had one & wore for quite a long time before she finally had it made smaller.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #54  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Robin, that is so fantastic. WTG. I do hate it when people play food police with me too.

nelie, I recently lost my wedding rings because they were too big for me now. So, please be careful with yours. We went fishing and camping last week and my rings were falling off. So, I put them in my purse. At some point they must have fallen from my purse. They aren't in the boat or the camper or the house, so I'm assuming they're at the bottom of the lake.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #55  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Lily, ouch!! Dh told me once if I ever lost my rings, we'd meet them back at the jewelry store but I don't think so. I decided to wear them on my middle finger for now. I think I had a friend who taped hers to fit but I'm not sure how comfortable that would be.

Edit - On the plus side, that must mean I'm a size 8 now!! I used to wear a size 12, my rings are size 9 but I don't think they'd fall off until I lost a full ring size.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #56  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Right now I'm wearing one of my DD's big, fake diamond rings on my ring finger. I loved my rings so much and they were very expensive. I don't imagine we'll be able to replace them til next summer for our 10th anniversary. I've been trying not to think about it much, but your post reminded me of mine being lost.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 292/?/150

Height: 5ft6in

Oh Lily, I'm so sorry. These are good reminders. My ring is getting too big too. Better get on that!

Today was a big NSV day for me. First of all my dh decided he'd had enough of the falling off clothes! I was trying to hold out for my birthday (the 30th) and/or a 50 pound milestone. I'm just 2 pounds away from that 50 and 3 wks from my bday, but I guess dh had enough of the pants falling off! (My sweatpants fell off one day when I was on the treadmill-and I do mean off to my ankles!!!) Anyway, I went to the plus size store that I always go to. Last time I was there I bought a tight size 26 jeans (broke my heart too). Today I bought size 14/16 tops and size 18 bottoms. I could get the 16s on, but just not quite ready for public viewing if you know what I mean! I stood there staring at myself for the longest time. I could really see the weight loss without the baggy clothes on.

From there I went to the Y. I've really wanted to start jogging (couch to 5k) but have really been afraid. I got on the treadmill, walked at 3mph for 5 mins and then started 30 secs of jogging (4.5mph) and 2 mins of walking until I got to 30 mins. My lungs felt like I had inhaled gasoline and I felt like an elephant, but I did it. One more baby step for me!

It's so much easier to stay on plan when we have our little victories, huh?
Shellyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Great job, Shelly!!! I'm starting the running thing, too (at the end of this month!)!

My NSV for today is HUGE!!!!! On Jan. 16 I started my new lifestyle. I must admit I changed my habits DRASTICALLY. That was the day that I went to the Dr for a full workup and told her I was on the wagon. It's funny...I lied to her and said I'd already lost 6 lbs. Why did I do that???? Was I fooling myself enough to think that she thought that 6 lbs ago I was fat but instead I was just chunky??? What the heck??? Anyway, so now I've confessed the lie...on to the NSV. So she checked my blood and everything...complete workup. Well, last Wednesday I went back for a recheck to see how my diet changes had affected everything and my cholesterol has DROPPED 81 POINTS!!!! 81!!!!!!!!!! My tricycerides are down 50 POINTS!!! And my HDL/LDL ration has IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY!!!!! Honestly, I love how my clothes are fitting and how good I've been feeling but that lab report was my HAPPIEST moment I've had in this journey! I feel INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #59  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Shelly, good for you with the new wardrobe! How exciting to shop and find things that you like, and you like the way they fit and look. That feeling is just incredible!

Lily, I hadn't realized you lost your rings, how heartbreaking! Hang in there, you'll get new ones!

Nelie, my rings are way too big also. I bought a package of "ring snuggles" at Claire's, and Icing carries them also. They were about $3-$4 for a pack of 6 and they do work well. I wouldn't use them as a permanent solution, but I didn't want to have to pay to have my rings sized multiple times, so they're working for me now. One of the snuggles is even large enough to hold my whole wedding set, so I didn't have to put separate ones on the engagement band and the two wedding bands. They are clear plastic tubing with a little slit in the side. Give them a try!

Robin, I'll bet you had the time of your life at that dinner! I'm sure your husband was so proud of you that he was speechless. And good for you for standing up to the nasty one! We all need to do that occassionally!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

SUCH great victories for everyone!! I'm especially thrilled about yours, Tricia -- that is SO amazing! What a wonderful thing you're doing for yourself.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote