Old 01-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #196  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Lilybelle, Congratulations for going up against the ice cream cake...and winning!

Today was my first official measurement day. Lost a total of 9.75 inches for the month! 4.0 of those inches were around my waist.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #197  

Height: 5' 7''

My latest NSV was while getting my eyes tested at the weekend the optometrist was asking if I played any sports (and if I'd need glasses from them). When I said 'running' I was expecting a certain 'look' from him that basically said yeah right...the only running she does is from the car to the house. But instead he said he runs too and we had a great conversation about milages and my plans to do a half-marathon this year. It made me feel great!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #198  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

GG, WTG on the inches lost. That is great.

finn, WTG on the running and the nice chat about it with the optometrist.
I remember once when I went to a wt. loss clinic. The Dr. asked if I did any exercise. I piped up and said I played golf 4 times a week. He said "I know you must use a golf cart, you sure don't walk the golf course". I weighed about 220 at the time. It hurt my feelings but he was right. I pulled that cart as close as possible to my ball. LOL. I sold the cart now and can walk the course now, but can't swing a golf club anymore due to my pain over my right side. But, I do go and walk the course and watch my DH play. I sure miss playing. I wasn't good, but I still loved it.

My little NSV, last night before bed my DH went and had a bowl of spaghetti. I decided I could use a snack too. I chose a small banana instead of the spaghetti to keep within my calorie allotment.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

- Just had my first anniversary as a gym user and I used it 3 times a week all year
- Had an induction at my new gym and my resting heart rate is 55bpm and my blood pressure is now normal after years of it being sky high - best news!
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #200  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Default My first NSV!

Good morning chicks! I just had to write and tell you of my first NSV. I've been on the South Beach diet tracking my weight every day, but waiting for the first tangible sign of weight loss to appear. Numbers mean a lot, but it's nice to have noticeable as well as numerical results. I found my first NSV this weekend.

Some of you may have experienced the uncomfortable moments that come with flying on an airplane in a larger size body. This became an issue for me over the last three months when I put on some additional weight after being at the same weight for 3 years. I can fit in the seat relatively comfortably, but have dreaded the seatbelts. Sometimes they fit, but sometimes they don't. Sometimes I can BARELY buckle them by squeezing my thighs and crushing my belly. Other times, there's just no way it's gonna happen. I have never asked for a seatbelt extender because of the mortification factor. Instead, I chose to "hide" my girth and unbuckled seat belt behind a sweater or purse. It's worked so far, but there's still the residual fear and embarressment of being exposed as too big in a public place.

Well, this past weekend I flew down to LA on business, and I'm proud to say I had no seatbelt problems whatsoever. On both outgoing and return flights I was able to buckle the seatbelt easily and had about 2 inches of strap leftover. It's the little things like this which give me the motivation to stick with it and reach my goal. Oh happy day!

Thanks for your support.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I haven't been in here for a long time - getting back to working is tiring!!!

Anyway, my first week of work I lost 3lbs! I think it is because it is so easy to get my water & veggies in. I just keep the bag of carrots & bottle of water on my desk & before I know it they are gone.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:46 PM   #202  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

English Muffin, WTG on the health NSV's that is awesome and the gym , WTG.

booklover congrat's on that airplane seatbelt fitting, that must have felt great.

Lifeguard, fill us all in on how the new job is going. Do you like it? WTG on getting in the veggies and water and losing 3 lbs. Great job.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Alright yesterday was a challenge. It was a high stress day with work and come the end of the huge stack of errors I found I was so frustrated! All I wanted to do was go home, drink a bottle of wine, eat a big bowl of pasta and smoke an entire pack of cigarettes.
I made it out of the office without bumming any smokes from anyone, went straight home, got changed and went straight to the gym where I took my days frustrations out constructively on the elliptical. I then went home and had a lovely grilled chicken, and veggies dinner and went to bed where I was able to sleep very well, straight through the night without any 'bad database' dreams.
Today is officially 2 weeks smoke free, 42 days party girl (or alone hiding in her apartment girl) binge drinking free, and a another day I made it through the food craving fight. The challenges are tough but I'm kicking my 'devil' sides' butt. Today I'm alert, energized and ready to attack the stack of problems from yesterday and feeling so happy that I didn't give into any of my former 'dealing with stress' crutches!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #204  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESunshine View Post
Today is officially 2 weeks smoke free, 42 days party girl (or alone hiding in her apartment girl) binge drinking free, and a another day I made it through the food craving fight.
You're awesome!
Old 01-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

NE - got that MOJO working!!! Keep it up girl!!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

This is a NSV that is from how MY eating changes are changing those around me! My Grandson (who is 7) spent the night. When it was lunch time I asked him what he wanted for lunch......his reply was "monster yogurt and some vegetables!" Translated....I buy the "bright" colored yogurt for him only and he wanted a big salad too!! I asked him if he wanted a sandwich or anything to go with it and he said "no thank you!" - that just tickled me to no end.

It just makes me so happy that HE is learning good eating habits NOW so he will never have the issues with weight that most of our family has.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

NESunshine - great work!! That's a lot of cravings overcome - I'm impressed!

My job is going pretty good so far. My direct "supervisor" is a bit of a ninny but I'm able to take him with a grain of salt. I am an office manager for a small company & I'm the only woman - which is a little weird. I am left alone to take care of things a fair amount & that suits me just fine. Unfortunately it is an 160km commute (round trip) so I spend a lot of time driving.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #208  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
It just makes me so happy that HE is learning good eating habits NOW so he will never have the issues with weight that most of our family has.
What an awesome gift to your grandson!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #209  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Smile

Lily, I'm glad your new lifestyle is going well. Did you ever think you'd have yet ANOTHER new lifestyle? Funny how life is and the different paths it takes us on. I hope you get a huge thumbs up from your Doctor in April. I'll be anxiously waiting.

Those puppies sound too unbelievably cute. They must be quite the handful. I bet on one hand you can't wait to get rid of them, but on the other hand it will be incredibly hard to part with the little guys. I can't believe you allowed yet another pup in the house. You are too much.

NESUnshine, you are amazing. I am sooo incredibly proud of you. You leave me speechless.

Lifeguard, congrats on the 3 lbs, I'm very happy for you.

Mrs. Quadcrew, that is a great story. That's what it's all about.

Booklover, glad you flight went well. I'm still waiting to get back on a plane after avoiding them for over 13 yrs.

English Muffin- that is simply marvelous news!!!!

I must say as JAnuary comes to a close, this was quite a full thread. Can't wait for February's NSV.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Lifeguard - I'm glad you like the new job!

Lily - great job on the weight loss.

Booklover - isn't that a great feeling. I was exactly the same way and when I flew in December I had the same experience.

Sunshine - Wonderful! All of that is so hard to do. I'm glad you found a healthier way to release your fustration. I am super impressed by the 42 days without bing drinking (being I use to be a bit of a party girl).

As for me:
I wore these dark jeans I bought awhile ago for the first time and I looked at myself in the mirror and was surprised because my thighs are actually looking smaller (one of my problem areas). I also have been wearing hoodies a lot lately because it is so cold but they are all at least a size to big on me (it actually looks like I’m wearing someone elses clothing).
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote