Old 01-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Awesome NSVs, everyone! Love that everyone is getting complimented and noticed for their efforts.

I'm happy to say that although I couldn't get to the gym because of weather, I took out my WATP tape and did the two-mile brisk walk plus did some stretching and stability ball work. Usually when I can't get to the gym, I just forget about exercise for that day. Luckily, not getting to the gym doesn't happen too often, but I'm pleased that this time I did something instead of shining it on.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #137  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Rachel and Lisa, hang in there with the clothing, I've been going through the same thing! I hate to spend the $$$ on clothes that I'm hoping won't fit for long, but here are a couple solutions....

1. Check out Kohl's if you have one nearby. I bought several new long sleeved tops there last week on clearance for $4-$5 a piece. I also got three new sweaters for $8 each, they were originally $44 each.

2. I've also checked out the local Good Will store and found Old Navy and Lee jeans for $4 per pair.

3. Some of the local resale shops have REALLY nice stuff for a little more, but if I need something specal I'm going to try them before I pay full price at the mall.

Good luck on your searches, and may you need the new clothes for only a short period of time (before you need even smaller ones!)!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #138  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Well, I have a couple.

An interesting one - my underwear is suddenly too big! I wear trousers for work and for the last 3 days, my underwear have slowly drifted down my hips till the only thing holding them up are my trousers. I know that's where my weight's been going from, but that's just slightly bizarre. I'm not sure whether to be pleased that it's happening or sad because I just bought new underwear last week...

I had counselling this week to resolve the issues resulting from the depression last year and my counsellor told me that we're going to have 1 more session and then we're done!

And I walked from work to the bus with a friend today. She walks really fast and I pushed myself and kept up with her - the usual 20 minute walk was done in 16 minutes. I'm utterly stuffed now though....
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:34 AM   #139  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

What lovely NSVs.... They make me smile.

Today the checkout lady at the grocery asked me if I was pregnant. Admittedly, I had on a very very large, wool coat. It took me off guard a little, but I realized, know what? I'm looking good. I don't need to be thrown off by a stranger. (who of course felt quite bad after)

And my happy happy NSV is that I bought a size 12 skirt today from the sale rack at target that looks great on me. Wahooo
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #140  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

As far as buying new clothing, for me personally, it is SOOO important that I feel I look my best as I'm going through this process. So, I've been caving in and buying new clothes. I knew I was going to have to do it. I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to buy much smaller clothing sizes, to have clothing that is smaller and fits me well, it just looks so much BETTER then the baggy stuff, which propells me to stay on track, and to be able to wear styles that I haven't been able to wear in years. I try to keep it to a bare minimum, I'm kinda lucky on this front because I work from my home. I only buy things that are greatly, greatly on sale. But this time of year there's LOTS of great stuff on sale. I knew it was going to be an expensive venture, buying new clothing so frequently but I look at it as an investment in my future. And, I'm worth it. (That just sounded like a Loreal' ad)

By the way I got rid of ALL of my old stuff, bagged it up and gave it to charity. I don't want it hanging around. I have NOTHING left from before September 4th. Ahh, not true, I did save a couple of items so that when I need the motivation I can try them on and see how far I've come. And to step inside them and take a picture and get that great before and after shot. I took a few pictures right before I started this, jsut for this very purpose.

newday4metoo, what a stupid clerk, I'm glad you didn't let the insensitive, nitwit get you down. That's great about your size 12 skirt, just fantastic!!

Nicolen, don't be sad your new undies don't fit you, be ECSTATIC!!!!! Very glad to hear your counseling session are almost done, that's really something to celebrate and I'm happy for you. About the walking with friends, that was ALWAYS a problem for me, them walking too fast for me, and I avoided it at all costs. But, yes it's much better now. I'm glad you were able to keep up!!!!

Sheila, I just got some WATP videos on Monday and I LOVE THEM!!!

LisaMarie, someone also told me that I was "Literally melting away before their eyes", and it was a guy and I thought I WOULD melt away right there and then. So yeah, that's a GREAT compliment.

WindyCityChick - CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!!! I am so very happy for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #141  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

NewDay, sorry to hear about the clerks remark. Why can't people have some sense and not ask "when's the baby due" unless they see a head sticking out. My DH learned this lesson the hard way. We were in Walmart and he ran into a cousin that he hadn't seen in a long time and he said "so, your baby should be due any time now, right? and she said " No, he is 4 months old now". He'll never ask a woman such a thing again. He was terribly embarassed.

Nicolen, I also have a huge drawer of undies cause that is where my weight loss was the quickest. But, there is nothing worse than undies that won't stay up. (well, except maybe panty hose that won't stay up).

Robin, I saved one pair of my size 20 jeans to take a pic in. I can stand in one leg of them now. They are great motivation when I look at them. I got rid of them rest of my clothes except 2 of my 2X t-shirts that I sleep in now. I did find a lot of good clothes bargains at our local consignment store. I only bought stuff while I was losing weight when I really needed it. It simply made me feel better about myself to get the new stuff that fit properly instead of wearing baggy clothes. Now that I'm at goal, I have to force myself not to shop too much. I love getting new clothes that fit well.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I just love reading all the NSV's every morning! Helps to get my day off on the right foot! Congrats to all of you - and I am looking forward to getting some of those smaller sizes!

NewDay - I think that clerk of your's must ride to work in the same car as the idiot I had to deal with the other day. Maybe they car pool together?? Just ignore those comments ~ we know they are idiots even if they don't. I am still carrying some of NE's MOJO!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #143  
Kelly M

Went to my Mom's for dinner tonight (every Thursday night), and she wouldn't tell me beforehand what she was having so I could plan out my day. Well, I took my food companion book with me and checked the points of everything on the table before I filled my plate! Subconsciously I think she's jealous of the weight loss even though she keeps telling me how proud she is of me. Tonight she had a full blown sabotage meal on the table....homemade pork sausage (fried, naturally), macaroni and cheese, fried potatos, corn and green beans. DH and I normally don't fry anything, and haven't for years, much less half of the menu all in one meal! I took about 2 bites worth of one link of sausage and blotted it on my napkin, then took mostly green beans, a little corn, and got up and fixed my own salad out of the fridge for the main part of my meal! She finished it off with an apple pie (gee, thanks, mom) but I didn't even want any, I just wanted to get away from all the fat on the table!
Old 01-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #144  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Kelly, you did great. That would have been a hard meal to do good with. My mom used to cook very similarly. Of course, my kids loved her cooking and so did DH.

Last night, I made it 14 min's on that elliptical. My farthest ever. Then cooled off and walked 1 1/2 miles on treadmill. Man, I slept great after my shower. I am really trying to get some endurance with the elliptical. I'm a little sore today, but I am OK.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #145  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default My first NSV in a long time!

You guys are all great! I love the NSV's! I'm hoping for a clothing NSV in a few weeks, or we'll have problems, as my current work pants are falling off, but my others are too little, and I don't want to buy more. But I actually do have an NSV and an SV too today.

My NSV- I actually ran 1/2 mile without stopping last night. I may actually be able to run most of my 5k next month if I can keep it up.

my SV- the scale is finally starting to move down again, after 6-8 months of no movement or upward movement.

Keep it up, I love reading everyone's NSV's!
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #146  
Kelly M

Woo hoo, Lily, that's fabulous! That darned elliptical is a hard beast to conquer, but you are getting there! And yeah, dinner at mom's last night tasted good, but it felt even better to climb on my elliptical when I got home...kinda like sticking my tongue out and NOT getting my face smacked for it! HA!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Nicolen, be happy about the underwear!! I finally got around to getting new underwear a couple of weeks ago--couldn't believe I waited so long. It's great to be wearing underwear that fits and doesn't sag. Luckily, those 6-packs don't cost too much.

My NSV was that I went snow shoeing with my sister yesterday, and took a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some trail mix because they're so portable. I ate three bites of the sandwich while on the trail, and about 1/2 of the trail mix. I threw the sandwich away when I got home, and gave my DH the rest of the trail mix. Normally I would never voluntarily give up peanut butter and chocolate, but I wasn't that hungry, and I realized maintaining my weight is more important than eating a PB&J.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I completed the first week of C25K. This is the first time I've actually started a structured exercise plan and I'm really hope that I stick with it.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:38 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I GOT A JOB!

A full-time job in my field! I'm soooo excited. I really think having a job I can be proud will help my self-esteem & that the regular schedule will be good from depression. WOOHOO!!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #150  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Lifeguard, that is awesome! I'm so happy for you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote