Old 01-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #166  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Rhonda, that is great. My 14 yr. old DD has jumped on the bandwagon with the exercise lately and I'm happy for it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Fabulous NSVs, everyone, as always!!

A coworker talked to me today about getting several people together to run this 10k, and she said she thought she'd mention it to me since my husband and I are always working out and stuff. I actually got lumped in with my husband as "one of those people who work out all the time." I can't say I've ever been referred to in that way before!! People always talk about my husband being so fit and running all the time, but I've always been the lazy one. Not anymore!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #168  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Rhonda, that is wonderful! My hubby and son also could stand to lose a few, so I'm trying to make this a family change.

Lisa, that must have made you feel wonderful!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #169  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

This morning I had my yearly mamogram. The attendant told me to put on the gown, front opening. There were so many strings, outside and inside and I couldn't figure out how to close it. Nothing seemed to match up right. I'm just dopey I guess. I asked her if she could help me, that I just wasn't getting it and she said to me "Oh that's because they make the gowns so big for larger people. We really should have 2 sizes for people like you." I almost fell on the floor. I do have to admit the thing was enormous on me and lord knows I'm no peanut. Even when closed it was practically falling off of me. It really wasn't the right size. I can't imagine how someone smaller then me could wear it.

When I first got to the lab I had to fill out some forms and they asked for my weight. Prior to starting my journey I hadn't been on a scale for close to 15 years so I always left it blank. This time I proudly filled in my correct weight. Now I'm sure some people would cringe at having to write down 201 lbs, but nope, not me. I was proud to write it.

Who would have thought going for a mamorgram could be so joyful?

By the way they said everything looked fine.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 01-24-2007 at 01:07 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Robin, isn't it neat that weight loss even make mamogram visits eaisier.

I went on vacation last week and it was so nice to eaisly fit in the plane seat and not have to struggle to snap the seat belt. I actually had to pull the end a couple on inches to keep it from being too loose. I sat in between my DH and other ladies and didn't feel like I was crowding them. Of course after a week of eating and drinking way too much, it did not fit quite the same coming home, LOL. But I'm back OP and working to get it back off.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #171  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna b thin View Post
Robin, isn't it neat that weight loss even make mamogram visits eaisier.
YESS!!!! Definitely, without a doubt. I must tell you, I've said this over and over again - there really, truly is NOT one area of my life where my weightloss has not greatly improved my life. From the simplest things to the most complicated things. From major things to minor things. Life is just so much better!!!

As for the airplane, gosh I understand that one 100%. I have not flown for over 13 year for that very reason. I am finally ready to travel again. I'm glad you had a good experience. Sounds like you had a great time. You'll get back to the swing of things in no time at all!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #172  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

Today, I'm not exercising because my sinuses are acting up and I can barely breathe through my nose. Not good. But I did 90 minutes the past 3 days of the week so I'll break today and come back tomorrow. However,I did have a NSV today.. I have a pair of jeans that I can zip up but I'm in pain when I wear them for hours because they cut into my skin. Today, not only was I able to zip them up, but they stayed up and didn't cut into my skin. Small victories, small victories.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

This is so cool!!! I have 2 NSVs to celebrate today!!!! AT work, I have made no secret of the fact that I am trying to change my lifestyle, and today, one of my co-workers ( you know, one of those really skinny people...), incidently, she is very health conscious, said to me," good for you for making the changes you are making, and good for you to be so committed to walking outside every day." YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day kind of moment!!!!!! The other NSV is, even though it was cold out, and I really didn't want to walk outside, I knew I would feel much better if I just got out and walked, and so I did!! Felt much, much better for it also!!!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I got lots of compliments this week, including some "skinny" and "slim" comments, which still make me laugh. But now I'm getting a lots of comments about how I'm inspiring people and making them want to get fit too, and that feels REALLY great.

Oh, and the instructor at my bodysculpting class tonight said something that meant a lot to me. It's only the second time I've taken the class, so I asked if I picked the right resistance band (it was level 3 or something) or if I should go down a level, and she said "You're pretty strong in your upper body." I'm not really, but ...woohoo!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #175  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

I ate exactly the number of points I was supposed to today! I have been so off in my eating lately that I am so proud of that.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #176  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Congratulations, EVERYONE, on all the fabulous NSV's!! You guys are doing awesome, I and really enjoy this thread!

After DD's dance competition this weekend and coming down with some runny-nose thing early Monday morning, I haven't been around much. Haven't felt like doing anything at all! Based on that, this feels like an NSV... Last night I got out my new WATP Walk and Jog DVD for the first time. I've never done a dvd workout so I wasn't sure what to expect, or if I'd be able to keep up with the way my head/body are feeling. Well, I did the whole thing with out stopping, and felt like I could've done it again! From the girl who couldn't do 5 minutes on her elliptical 5 months ago, to the girl who did a workout video all the way through on the first try....sometimes I can't believe the changes!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #177  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I reached maintenance 6 1/2 months ago doing Atkins and never increased my carb level for fear of gaining. I've been being very active on the maintainers board and have decided to start using Fitday and measuring my foods and adding the foods that I should be eating with maintenance. Such as more whole grains, more fruits and veggies, some beans, some wild rice . I had figured that I eat roughly 1400 cal's a day with my LC program. So, I am going to stick to 1400 cal's but add in some new variety of healthy foods. I'm also going to try soy milk and some home-made fruit smoothies with protein powder. I'm finally comfortable making some changes. I am going to weigh twice a week and see how my body adjusts to these new foods. If I start gaining, I'll know it quick and back off again on the carbs. I'm actually excited to get to try to add more foods and I'm way sick of eggs, bacon and sausage and salad all the time. I know that lowering my fat intake and esp. the amt. of meat that I eat, won't bother me a bit. Using Fitday is helping me feel more secure with the changes I'm making. Plus, thanks to everyone here at 3FC's, I'm getting great support and input on healthy foods for me to try.

Last night I planned on walking 3 miles, but my hip joints were hurting so badly that I made it 2 1/4 miles. Not too shabby. I have some cold/flu symptoms right now and was happy to be able to get this much exercise.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #178  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Lilybelle-

I am so happy for you that you get to try new foods! You are such an inspiration to us all.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #179  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Lilybelle, way to go on adapting your maintenance to real life! You've done so fantastic.....take it one day at a time and you'll do fine!

Today's NSV: I have this pair of size 12 jeans in my closet that I bought a couple of weeks ago to "work my way in to". This morning before work I thought, well, let's just try 'em on and see if I'm getting closer. I put them on and zipped them up without jumping around, laying on the bed, or sucking it in too much! Still a little snug for me to feel comfortable wearing them all day, but I think they're just around the corner!......Oooohhh, guess I need to go buy those 10's soon!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #180  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

My NSV is about jeans too! (Like Kelly and sexybrokechick!)

I bought a pair of new jeans for New Year's Eve - and yes they were tight. Very tight! I wore them to the party, it was a short one early in the day. But I couldn't even sit properly and was in pain the whole time. Even trying to feed my son a bottle was uncomfortable! I put them on today because I had nothing else clean, and they fit! Still tight, not not digging. I'm sitting right now and now big deal! I was above 275 on New Year's Eve I'm sure, I didn't really start my plan until Jan 7th - and I was already cutting back on foods. So now I'm 267 so I now I lost at least 10 lbs to get these to fit

That is my first NSV since I started At least that jumped out at me and made me so happy I could barely stand it!
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote