Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 04:58 AM   #76  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Good morning,

I'm having my first cup of coffee so I figured let me get in here now cause I won't get a chance till tomorrow. I'm getting Optimum Online through cablevision. They're running an offer that I couldn't refuse for 1 year. We have to unplug my computer & hook it up to cable. Ahhh, nothing like speed when logging in.

I went shopping for all healthy stuff. Bought Atkins yogurts & smoothies. WW smart ones for lunch. The low carb ones. Slimfast low carb for night snack instead of ice cream. I'm ready girls. My Walkblaster came yesterday.

Sandy & Dianne, 1 lbs loss is better than a gain. You're moving in the right direction. I weigh-in tomorrow. We, ww at work, switched to Wed. I feel fluffy so I doubt I'll see a loss. I had chinese Sat. I may be retaining water.

Ruth, so nice to hear from you. God bless your Dad. I know how stress can affect weight. I've been there many times. Keep in touch. {{hugs}}

Well, ladies, I won't be back till tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

Love,
Es

PS Susan, I'm sending that out to you today.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #77  

Good Morning Ladies

Ruth it is good to hear from you. Feel free to rant here, we have all been there too. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your dad. My dad went through a really tough time suffering from Parkinson’s disease. Do you have any options for visiting nurses or home health aides to check on your dad? They can really help monitor the elderly for the things they ignore.
Jen, your guys are so adorable. What fun you must have with them. I will have to wait for a long time to see grandkids, but in the meantime we have fun with our nieces and nephews. My Dave is the oldest of the cousin’s crowd at 23, but the 16 of them range in age from 23 down to 6 years old. The littlest one, Evan, was telling us about how he was born butt first, but came out ok!
Es, You are doing great! I know that half the battle is planning ahead. I am trying to do the same this week. I bought my zucchini and carrots for the 0-pt soup and clipped coupons for Lean Cuisines and some Carbsmart desserts. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow, hope you lost the water by then.
I don’t think of us as losing people permanently, I have disappeared for months at a time when under stress, but we are such a great group, we seem to renew our energy over and over, and it is great to know that this gang is and will be here.
Dianne, thanks for the encouragement about the 1lb. to you for 4.6 in just 2 weeks.
Susan, I know what you mean about becoming unstressed. For the past 8 years I have mostly been unglued, with brief periods of less stress in between. Right now things are calm and I am trying to take full advantage of it to take care of myself for a change.
Terri, I hope you are all over the flu in your household, Mike is finally getting over his. Did you guys enjoy the game? It was kind of nerve racking, but a good outcome for the Steelers. Big match up this Sunday,I won't say any more.
Hugs to the rest of the gang: Zoe, Janie, Linda, Kim, Tina, Crafty, drop in soon.
Sandy
Old 01-18-2005, 08:53 PM   #78  

Hi all,
It's been a crazy day. Had several doctor's appointments and left from work early. Of course this means finding someone to bring the kids home, since they are left in another town when I leave. It sounds like everyone is doing well. Okay, Chinese makes you retain water??? Planning ahead is the key and having the energy to fix it is over 1/2 the battle. That's why I had leftover Chinese for lunch. Just some egg drop soup and chicken and broccoli. How bad is this????

Es,

Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:10 AM   #79  

Jen,
The boys are adorable. They are getting so big. I hope you have agreat time with them.
That game was a nail biter. I can't believe the Jets missed 2 field goals in the last 2 min. of the game. That never happens. You never heard such shouting in a living room. I will take the win.

Es,
Thanks for the info.

Dianne,
Congrats on the loss. Great. Look at it positively.
Jess sounds so cute. I don't blame you for not forcing her on the plane. Those panic attacks can be devastating and if something did happen...well we won't go there.

Sandy,
Great loss. 1 pound is great. Enjoy it!!!!!
That game was unbelievable. I thought that was it for sure. I would say good luck Sunday but I won't.
Enjoy the theater this year. Sounds like a lot of work but also a lot of fun.

Ruth,
I am so sorry. Please try to take care of yourself. I can only imagine how stressful that is. Come on and rant anytime. We are always here to listen.
You have so much on your plate. Try to take it easy and have some "me" time. I know that probably sounds impossible.

Well,
I have to go and get breakfast. I have 1 child home sick today. We are all feeling better and Bradley should be going back to school tomorrow.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 01-19-2005, 11:53 PM   #80  

Evening ladies,

I spent all day at the VA hospital today. I got there around 10:00 this morning and came home at 9:00. Maurice and I went to IHOP, I had only ate cereal and a banana this morning, I was starving.

Anyway, I can rest tonight with dad safely at the hospital. The first doctor that saw him today wanted to send him home. I was furious, I left the room to find his primary care doctor or nurse and pleaded with them to do something. The primary doctor spoke with the other doctor and they agreed to put him in the hospital for a few days. Daddy's legs are pouring fluid!! The doctor's call it weeping and there is a blister on one of his toes that is greenish looking in color. I couldn't believe it when the doctor told him to go home if the place on his toe got worse he could come back in they might amputate!

Okay, I'm ranting again. I'm off to bed, hope everyone is having a good week.

Ruth
Old 01-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #81  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi everyone:

Ruth, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad's illness. Try and take one day at a time and try to take care of yourself too. I know that's easier said than done, but if you get run down, you won't be good for anyone. I'm really glad to hear from you though. Please know we're always here for you, so please don't worry about ranting - we can all use a good rant once in awhile

Well, I'm having a crazy day today and feeling hungry, but I'm keeping in mind that I'm finally gonna get to Applebee's tonight to try one of their ww dinners (shrimp, rice and veggies) and the chocolate cake dessert for a total of 9 pts. I've been trying to get there, but something always gets in the way.

Also, I wanted to ask you guys if you've tried the Nabisco 100 calorie pack snacks. I saw them on tv and went out and bought the oreos (for Alana), the chocolate chip and the ritz snack pack. They are soooooo good and they're only 2 pts. a bag. The box contains 6 bags and cost me $2.99. Well worth it, even though thats .50 a bag. I had a cup of tea and the chocolate chip ones and thought I'd died and gone to heaven . Just thought I'd bring another snack option to your attention Anyone have any good low pt. snacks to recommend? I'm a "sweets" person, not so much salt & chips, etc. Also, I love the ww sundae ice cream cones - they're only 2 pts. too and delicious. OMG, I'm making myself hungry

Can't stay for long, but wanted to say hi to everyone. Hope you're all doing well. Are we still on the Valentine's Day challenge?

Talk to you's later.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...rts/lb/0/25/4/

Last edited by dpadro; 01-20-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #82  

Hi all,

Ruth, don't they have him on some kind of medication???? You have to stick up for him because no one else will. Been through that when my mom and grandmom were in and out the nursing home and hospitals.

Dianne,

What's the Valentine's Day Challenge? I probably forgot to read something. I am real challenged on Valentine's Day. I teach 4th grade and all the kids bring me chocolate and we have a big food party!!! Anyone want some???

So we are supposed to get snow over the weekend. Any snow in the forecast for anyone else??

Susan
Old 01-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #83  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...g/lb/160//155/

Just trying this out
Old 01-20-2005, 10:08 PM   #84  

Helppp!!!!!

How do you just change uour tracker???

Susan
Old 01-21-2005, 06:11 AM   #85  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth,
Rant here if you like, you're entitled. Your Dad is going through a difficult time; it's good that you're there for him. You won't regret it. My prayers are with all of you.

Dianne,
I haven't tried the Nabisco snacks yet, but you've given a great review! I will look for them when I go shopping after work today.

Susan,
When I changed my tracker, I believe I had to delete the old one and make a new one a hassle. Perhaps I was doing it wrong?

We're expecting 6 to 10 inches of snow beginning tonight and lasting through tomorrow evening. A great weekend to stay home and "nest". Joe purchased the new snowthrower (yay!) so he'll have a new toy to play with tomorrow
I've got to get some shopping done today, and stock up on veggies to make the 0 point soup, among other things.

have a great weekend, hi to Terri, Es, Sandy, Janie, Linda

~Jen
Old 01-21-2005, 07:00 AM   #86  

Hi Buddies

I am on my way to drop Greg off at school and then on to WW for my meeting and weigh in.
Susan, I sure am challenged, especially by any situation involving chocolate.

Hugs, be back later,
Sandy

Hi again, I figured since no one else posted I would just update my message. I lost 1 lb again. So my total is 16.6, but the tracker signature only shows whole numbers. As usual I was hoping for more, especially because of all the exercise I am actually doing for a change. However, I am still eating my own cooking, and not the Lean cuisines, and I know that portion control is an issue for me.
This weekend I will be a sponsor at one of Greg's youth conferences, so I will be sleeping at a church for the next 2 nights and eating whatever the youth group has concocted. Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend everyone, Jen, we will be getting your snow starting tomorrow night. How much did you get?

Luv ya's,
Sandy

Last edited by Sandancy; 01-21-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:53 PM   #87  

See you on #168

Terri
Closed Thread