Old 02-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

CARO & SHANELL! So glad to have more fellow Monday ladies.

Sorry for being MIA...for some reason I keep forgetting to check here.

JODI...WTG on the pound gone! Finally broke that little plateau. That has been my fear, I will hit one and it will last about a month and then BAM! I lose a pound. Keep up the good work with your exercise! And you are so right! As long as you get some in it doesn't matter if it's 5 minutes here and there...it all adds up!

CARO...woohoo on the pound last week! I wouldn't say you are a cheapskate. Having free meetings seems more like motivation to get the weight off to me than being a cheapskate! I never thought of it that way so thanks for the tip!

SHANELL...that's great that you have your mom as a motivator! You guys can do it together!

I am down a pound as well this week! I thought I did better than I did but I didn't get as much exercise in as I hoped to. Plus TOM, ugh. Of course that right there does a number on ones body. Today my goal is to stay on track with my points everyday and to get in my exercise 6 days this week. Looking forward to a bigger loss next week.

Hope everyone is having a good day! Chat with ya later
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

WhooHoo Cristina- you lost a pound, even with the pesky TOM!

Can't wait to hear the other WI's are this week.

Ok, I am trying to think of how we can liven the 4 of us up. I was thinking maybe every week we can touch on one of our challenges and have a race between us. Such as, I don't mind drinking water, I just don't. Each of us could set our own goal and then check in and see who drinks the most, who reaches thier goals, ect. So, tell me everyone, what is your biggest challenge???

Is it getting your water in?
Is it exercise?
Is it something else?

Post and let me know if this sounds like something you would like to do.
Bandmom1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 182.5/137.5/140

Height: 5' 6"

Way to go guys, I think this is a darn fine week for all of us! Well, I had TOM to contend with last week... and this week...
drumroll please...

I lost 2 and a half pounds!

I worked fairly hard for it but also realised that staying within points and doing a bit more exercise wasn't really the chore I had thought it would be, maybe I am just in the right frame of mind for it now. And I'm tracking EVERYTHING online which i think makes a big difference. (will come back to this post when I fall off the wagon and complain about it being hard stick to!)
Oh and Christina... no more paying! You're right, I'd happily pay but it is a motivating factor since I was so close to NOT shelling out!

Anyway, am really thrilled. Was within points all week, plus 45min run/walk interval things or 30 mins good swimming 4 days in a row.
Then weekend hit... had horrible day sat..on my feet for 10hrs (damn retail!) as well as feeling down while surrounded by all these lithe young things complaining about their weight (had a big rant on featherweight board that night after a girl commented on my belly...but am over it now so will spare you!)! So went over points... like WAY over, but week of exercise probably covered it and was remarkably good at a baby shower i went to on Sunday!

How was your second week Shanell?
And Jodi and Christina... awesome to have 1 pound gone during TOM, and to break plateau! I bet shovelling snow counts for pretty active exercise! Poor you!

I absolutely agree about doing some challenge or tracker or similar. I am the same with water.. actually quite like it but just completely forget.

I'm game if you are!

As for the rest of the week (now that you've been reading my post for half an hour!) i am going to exercise tues-sat, alternating my run/walks (I can't do long periods of running so I intersperse it) swims and just nice chilled walks if weather is good.
Working sunday and then... off to Portugal for 4 days on Monday!!
Aaahhh BIKINI! (well, only while I pull wetsuit on, but still!)
Aiming to keep within points too... best save some for my friends amazing cooking next week!

Think I may try to weigh in on Friday just so I have something to go on and don't miss 2 weeks.

Right! Enough from me, sorry for all my rambling!

Have a great week...I look forward to hearing if you all wanna have a Rehydrate Challenge... or something else to keep us going!

Last edited by Carobelle; 02-21-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Carobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #19  

Oh my Lord, my post really didn't seem THAT long when I wrote it!
Sorry and feel free to skim!
Caro
Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #20  

Caro- I found your post to be interesting!

A water challenge will be great. How do you think we should do it?

You know a lady in my meeting today was talking about just coming back from a couple of mths in Florida. She said usually she gains 10-20 lbs and she said that she kept track of her weight while gone and did the best she could and this time she only gained 3 lbs. I thought of that when you said you were going to be going Portugal for 4 days. I totally agree that you should weigh in right before you leave and then just stay conscience of what you are eating and leave room for your friends cooking. If you keep drinking your water and stay aware, I bet you will come back having a loss. Because you will be running around and having fun and not just sitting around, you will be more active than you will even realize.
Most of all- HAVE FUN and RELAX!!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261

Height: 5.6

Default Just starting

I was reading operah and came across this web sight so I am gonna try it. I don't go to the meetings but I do WW at home. I excercized today and weighed myself today so I am hoping to start and stick! I have done good before I just need to get started again.
biglooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #22  

A big to you Biglosser! And to our little area on here too. I am so glad that you decided to join us.

We have a few ladies in here and we have started supporting one another and our little circle is big enough for YOU too!!!!

Please tell us a little more about yourself. What are your personal goals? What do you struggle with? Ect, ect

I am Jodi. I am 35, mom to 2 teenagers. I struggle with exercise and drinking my water and portion control. I do attend WW meetings, but I get my support really from these groups. I am only 5 ft 1/2 in so my goal of 155 is still WAY above what WW says- they say 103! hmph like I can't remember when I last weighed THAT- I was prob about 10 yrs old. I was 135 in school )(size 12). If I could just wear a 14 I would be happy. Be able to buy cool, in style clothes off the regular racks! Don't think that is asking too much.

Anyhow, enough about me... what about you???
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 236.5/227/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome Biglooser!!!!

Hello, ladies. I had my weigh in and gained 1 lb. But that is OK. I know why. I didn't track, didn't exercise, and ate out most of the week last week. Not to mention TOM just showed up after being a month late. I had just took a week off. Now it is back on track. I have recorded everything that I have eaten today. I didn't get in all of my water today, tomorrow I will do better.

The hardest thing that I have to get in is exercising. Water usually is not a problem. I don't mind exercising, but I would rather do it early in the morning, but am not a morning person at all. I bought the WW DVD set to work with. It was kinda hard. But, I'll work on it.

So, my goal for this week will to be to get in 10 Activity Points for this week.

By the way, Caro, enjoy your trip and stay safe
NellieNell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:16 AM   #24  

Oh my goodness- not only do we all WI the same day, I think we are all on the same monthly cycle! lol

I think it is great Shanell that you IDENTIFIED why you gained. We can't fix what we don't admit to. Since you saw what the problem is, you CAN fix it and that is a great step. I would say that even though you didn't have a scale victory, you had a non-scale victory!!! yeaahhh
Since the majority of our struggles come from between our ears, I would say that non-scale victories are as important if not MORE important than always losing.

Caro Sorry I didn't comment on your wl of 2.5 pounds! Way to go!!!!

Way past my bedtime, but I know that when I lay down I will have a coughing fit and wake dh up, but I can't stay up forever- night
Old 02-21-2007, 03:12 AM   #25  

Hey All and WELCOME biglooser!
oooh, yesterday was Pancake Day and I indulged a bit! Ah well, it's another day!

Jodi I definately need to be getting onto the water! Just realised I didn't drink ANY yesterday. oops!
And as for Portugal...no worries about me relaxing, am going out to see my very pregnant friend (and her hubbies a friend too) and she said to me..."so you can sit in the evening and eat and chat with me and then go surfing with R during the day!" Sounds like the perfect life!

Shanell - I agree with Jodi, sounds like you are on the ball, knowing why you gained and what to change. You Go Girl!

I have a huge day today, so fingers crossed I can stay on points (couldn't drag myself out of bed early enough to exercise!)
Have a fab day.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #26  

Exactly- each day is another day! Forget about the screw ups of our yesterdays and keep pressing on.

Have a great rest of the week!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #27  
GmaTo8

Just passing through and wanted to say.....
Good luck on your weigh-ins Monday!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:18 AM   #28  

Thanks Jane!

Hey Guys!
This week has been so hectic for me and I missed a weigh in yesterday so won't be able to see where I'm at before I go! This is especially bad as it has not been the greatest week eating wise! Only managed one gym visit and a few of my days have been a little over points! Ahhhh!
Am hoping I'll be active enough in Portugal to help me out a bit... don't want to go backwards, I want to get into the 140's!!

Anyway, I have new motivation for getting rid of the last 10 pounds... I've just found out that I'm one of 3 out of 60 on my course chosen to go and do a semester abroad in New York! I am so excited! What i don't want is to be over there and being bothered by my weight (bothered in a self esteem way i mean).. i know it will be hectic and I want to be concentrating on getting the most out of the course there and the city itself!

Anyway, gotta fly, so much to do but just wanted to stop by... and if I don't get to post tomorrow... GOOD LUCK for MONDAY!!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #29  

WOW Congratulations on being in the running for New York. Do you all have a lot of restaraunts where you live? One thing about the US (and not to be a discouragement) is that we have LOTS of fast food places. The area I live has 6 Mcdonald's all within 10 min drive (depending on traffic, it is less time) and that is just the Mcdonalds!

Of course in New York, if you are in the city, you would get a lot of exercising walking from what I understand. And there would be tons of stuff to do. But out here in the middle of nowhere, rural midwest, there is nothing to do but eat- and it shows.

Hope you have a great trip!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Jodi~ I found the place!
Do you think it will be ok if I'm not doing WW? Will I be banned? I do want to weigh in on Mondays with you all if it's ok....I almost did WW. I was going to join and go to the meetings with my best friend. She bailed on me tho. And she's still doing the WW fitness plan she got off of the website. I'm doing The Diet Center because I used to be a counselor for it years ago and when my friend bailed on me I my hubby suggested I do that instead of a program I have no clue about....made sense to me! This is day 4 and i'll have my first official weigh in on Monday with you all if that's ok...
Am I the only one here not on WW? hmmmm Maybe I'm the competition...hee!

J/K

Tina
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote