Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Tylenol can be just as bad on your liver as advil (ibuprofin) is on your kidneys. Everything in moderation. Neither is bad if you are not chronically using them. Although Tylenol should never be taken with alcohol.

I have heard that Midol has the strongest non-prescription muscle relaxant on the market. I have never taken it for pms, though I have friends that swear by it. I have taken it when I hurt my back and it worked great. Midol has Tylenol, a muscle relaxant, and something to relieve bloating in it.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:19 AM   #257  

Default Thursday 4/4

Breakfast: oatbran muffins(6): I bow my head in shame at the pluralization.
Snack: Latte (3)
Lunch: Spinach (0) and Strawberries (1)

This will give me 14 points headed into dinner, I packed a lot of spinach for lunch (hoping to make up for the muffin attack). I made the muffins myself with no fat and splenda brown sugar. So nofat and no sugar, but I did put raisins, golden raisins, currants, and dates in them, which are all pretty high calorie. Back to the spinach - I fill a big tupperware with it and put a little balsamic vinegar on top, I microwaver it for 2 minutes just before eating and wallah.. steamed spinach.

Apple: (1)
Dinner: Tofu (5) with olive oil (1), veggies (0), cottage cheese (2), and Feta (1)

20 point day - if I stay away from snacking later.

Last edited by morrigan; 05-04-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #258  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Morrigan. I figured Tylenol had its downfall as well. I only take it during TOM. This month is just extra bad. Maybe I will grab some Midol to keep on hand for time such as this. That spinach sounds great. I will give it a try. I add spinach leaves to my iceberg for salads. Got burned out on spring mix, and want more than iceberg, so I have spinach on hand.

I am not wanting to eat today for some reason. I don't know why. Maybe just because I feel crappy. Anyway, I guess it is good news.

breakfast
malt o meal 3pts

lunch
1/2 C cottage cheese 2pts
pineapple 1pt

Hope this does not mean a binge later in the afternoon. I hope if so, I make good decisions since I am low on points.

Got a great compliment from a preschool mom this morning. She said every time she sees me there is less and less of me. We seem to miss each other when we drop off and pick up, so I see her about once every two weeks. Made me smile.

Gotta run and pick up a preschooler now. He stays until 1pm on Thursdays for "lunch bunch." He loves it. Will be even better next year when my daughter is in all day school (1st grade). Looking forward to some me time that does not only consist of driving to or from a school.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #259  

Default Skinny Cow.................yum

Speaking of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. I had never heard of them until I started reading the post here. I was shopping at Wal-Mart today and came across some of these. Of course, I bought them. When I got home I gobbled one down and it was purely bliss. I didn't think anything could be as good as the Breyers Light ones that I usually buy.
Not bad for 2pts
Christy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryket34
I had for today so far:

Breakfast: 1c. lite OJ 1pt.
1 Weight Watchers English muffin 1pt.
1 lite laughing cow cheese wedge 1pt.
banana 2pts.
_____
5 pts

Lunch: Tuna packet 2pts.
just2good mayo 2pts.
14 tomato & Basil wheat thins 3pts.
1/2c. peas 0pts
______
7pts.

Dinner: Smart ones mac and cheese 4pts.
Applesauce cup 1pt.
1/2c peas 0pts
1/2c cottage cheese 3pts.
______
8pts

Snack: skinny cow ice cream sandwich 2pts.
sugar free pudding cup 2pts i think
______
4pts

Total points 24 - suppose to have 26
Old 05-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #260  
Amy

Oh I LOVE the skinny cow. My favorite icecream is mint chocolate chip. So, my favorite skinny cow is mint. They are so good. In fact, that is what I ate last today. I am not having the healthiest of days. I am having chicken tacos for dinner. They are yummy. That will round out my day I guess. I will also make spanish rice.

What I really want is................Cold Stone Creamery Mud Pie Mojo. I was supposed to have this while on my girls' trip in Vegas. That was going to be my big thing when I was there. Too bad we never found the Cold Stone Creamery. I used to eat this at least once a week pre WW. I added it up to see if I could fit it in once in a while. NO NO NO!! A small serving is 23 pts. No wonder it is so darn good!! But I really want it. My weight loss success will not only be measured by my size, health, and weight, but also the length of time I was able to avoid this "sin."

Have a good night.

--Amy
Old 05-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #261  

Below - Points per day since Starting WW - Total loss so far 29 lbs

Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su

PTS 24 30 27 24 26 33
26 40 23 25 40 24 24
25 24 36 22 32 31 60
24 23 25 35 31 36 50
15 39 44 29 51 31 24
24 28 35 24 30 24 39
25 46 25 36 24 41 49
26 27 32 54 42 22 27
23 25 50 26 26 38 28
27 25 30 23 37 36 28
22 31 24 30 35 35 40
40 29 37 20 20 32 53
14 30 32 34 30 24 39
29 32 31 29 36 43 76
24 32 35 27 30 38 32
24 27 27 20

I want everyone to take note - this is the first time I have had 4 20something point days in a row since starting WW. Well - At least within the same week. I have done well S, S, M, T a few times.

I feel really good about this week!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #262  
Amy

Awesome Morrigan! Good job on your 20something days!! It does feel so good when we do well. I did good today. I have 4 points left and am headed for some Golden Spoon frozen yogurt. I am in an icecream frenzy.

Love the picture. I was going to see if my husband would help me get a picture up here too. We all get a mental picture of eachother but have no idea if we are anywhere near right. I will work on a photo. As I have stated in the past........I am an idiot when it comes to the computer. That is why I have to have my husband help out.

Again, congrats on the great low point days! Wish us all luck tomorrow. Perhaps some of you will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Mexican food and Mexican beer.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #263  
Freedom awaits us

Talking Good Evening ladies

Just a quick hello and good night.

It's getting late and must go to sleep now.

Hope that we all accomplish our goals.

Bye for now, talk to you later.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #264  

Welcome Elaine!
Old 05-05-2006, 01:32 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

I'm really sick. I haven't done much of anything today. I've haven't been sick like this in a long time. Didn't go to Curves for a workout, even. Hopefully I'll get there tomorrow.

I'm not super sure on my points today because I had to attend a function at the place where my husband works (A VIP reception for the new building that's opening next week). I went even though I was sick because I really wanted to support my husband in all of this. He's been working so hard on this project and he's been so supportive of me with my weight loss.

Anyway, When we got to the reception I had 12.5 points left (out of my 20pts). I ate one very small (size of my pointer and index finger together) piece of baked tilapia fish, one tiny rib with no sauce and then 1/2 of a chocolate truffle, 1/2 of a peanut butter truffle, and one half of a "baby doll sized" cupcake (that was yucky). When I got home I made a salad because I needed to get more veggies in today. I'm calling myself even on my points, but if any of you think I may have gone over, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.

I did drink 7 8oz glasses of water as well as two cups of tea. I didn't do well on my milks or oils. I didn't feel well enough to take the salmon oil tablets or have any milk (even a latte).

This was my first function to attend since I started WW. I think I did pretty well, although probably shouldn't have eaten what I did of the truffles. They were small, though! I didn't have any wine or other alcohol and it was EVERYWHERE. I was proud of myself for that. I had a cup of tea - that's it.

I'm pooped. Gotta take some Nyquil and go to bed.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #266  
Amy

Welcome Elaine!

Miss Liz, I so hope you feel better. I think you did great last night. Good for you for enjoying some truffles. We have to enjoy some food (in moderation). We are still normal people. If you did go over points a bit, sounds like you have not used your flex points yet.

It is about 8am here. I have not had breakfast yet. I don't feel like it. This is sounding like some old habits for me. I never ate breakfast pre WW. I work out with my trainer at 9:30. I have to get something in me before then. I better run so I can eat something and get my son and his friend ready for departure. I have a feeling getting two boys ready to go out the door will be a bit more challenging than my usual one.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #267  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Mind if I join you ladies. I just got done with my workout 30 minutes of toning tubes, 20 minutes of turbo jam and 20 minutes of pilates.

b- banana ( 2 pts)( before workout) oatmeal ( 3) strawberries (0)
l-3 wasa crackers ( 3) 2- laughing cow cheese wedges(2)
d-
s- 2 cookies (3)

Bev

Last edited by Bev; 05-05-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #268  

Hi Bev!

I have to confess, my picture is kind of cheating. It is the only one I really like of myself that I had a digital of handy. First it is actually hard to find pictures of me. Although I am a ham for a camera, the actually camera is always in my hand, so I have pictures of everyone except me. Plus - all the pictures I do have are of me at 200+ lbs (which are the scary - bad angle - christmas morning kind of photos), and so the picture in the avatar is me in 2002 when I was pregnant with DS and about 25 lbs less than my currant weight. My face will be that thin by the end of the summer. I will get a new photo up soon (not today - since I forgot my camera - but soon).

Today I have a big cinco de mayo fiesta with chips, chocolate fountains, and margaritas. My plan is to stick with seviche and fruit (not dipped in chocolate).

Breakfast: Oat Bran with blueberries (3), creamer (1)
Snack: 11am leftover tofu stir fry from dinner (4)
Lunch: Apple (1)

I am in a really weird (for me) dieting place right now where it feels easy. Usually I can't help but munch on the crusts from leftover pbj sandwhiches when the kids are done. Today - I just threw them away. I didn't have any homemade cookies at mom's (the aren't even calling to me like they usually do). I didn't even eat homemade bread at grandmas for breakfast this morning. I just showed up, cooked a big breakfast for NanaPapa and the kids, pulled the 1/2 cup of oat bran out of my pocket and had oat bran cereal while everyone else ate their breakfast. Usually that is very hard for me to do and I end up eating 2-3 peices of my grandma's bread.

I am sure at some point everything will far apart and I will have constant cravings, but right now, I am glad to be here.

Last edited by morrigan; 05-05-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Alright - I made myself go to Curves and work-out this morning even though I'm dragging and still feel sick as a dog. The work-out didn't make me feel better, but at least I did it and that's important.

We took some pictures before last's night's office function and I was so excited to take them (for once) because I've lost 15 lbs since the last time and really thought I was looking good. Well, sad to say, I don't look as good as I thought <sigh>. In the photos, I don't notice much of a difference, and I should, darn it, because I'm down a size and I've been working out so much. I guess I still have a long way to go. Any extra poundage on a person who is only 5ft 1in tall is a lot!

Today so far I've had a 12oz skim milk latte and my salmon oil tablets. I'm going to have an apple and some yogurt in a minute.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #270  
Amy

Hi Bev! Jump on in. The more the merrier. Liz, hope you are feeling better

Morrigan, I want to come live with you!! You have so much fun! Kudos for being on program with so much food fun going on around you.

Photos-------I am going to try to do a before and a so far picture. The only problem is the before photos include my family and I don't know why, but I would like to leave them off of 3 fat chicks. Call me crazy.

Off to a park picnic with the kids at a park with a spray pad. It is hot out here. Today not too bad, but still hot.

I will have peanut butter on not low cal bread 4 pts, 1 oz chips (kettle baked) 2pts and water.

Dinner will be pork green chile on a fattening tortilla with some Corona light. I will count points though.

Bye for now.
Closed Thread