Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 03:38 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Monday 4/17

Breakfast: Oatbran cereal with blueberries (3), creamer (1)
Snack: Bagel (2)
Lunch: Veggie Soup with pasta (2) and crackers (2)

10 points so far today.

Weighed in today and LOST 3#! Down to 189.4

I made the yummiest soup this afternoon. Chicken Stock, Chicken chopped up, onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, black eyed peas, black beans, red/yellow/green peppers, a little white rice (cooked and rinsed) and just before serving put 4-5 prawns leftover from easter dinner on top. Yum Yum. I am guessing about 4 points per bowl, considering the only thing in it that counts as points is mostly beans and lean meat and 1/2 the bowl is broth. There is only about 1.5 cups of rice in the whole pot. I haven't even put spices in it yet. I am having a nice glass of wine (I am so glad to have wine back since swapping it out for half and half after my cholesterol check).

All soup - but I am guessing I had 29 points for the day. I figured since a 1/2 cup of soup had rice and beans in it it would be about 2 points (since that is what a 1/2 cup of rice or beans is). I had several bowls full.

Last edited by morrigan; 04-17-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #167  

I also this past week been on a eating binge and I feel guilty bout it~ I am not sure why~ But I put that in the past and started a new today~ I managed to to my treadmill for 30 monutes after not being on it since third week feb. I am also trying to stick to meal plan~ I try to do my meal ahead writing them down for the week that way I am more likely to stick to them~ I also try to eat right around the same time every day too.
My biggest problem is i am not much of a veggie person or fruit person and I am also picky eater and I get tired of the same old things~ So then I tend to binge~ I was doing great lost 28 pounds and I know this past week I put 4 back on~ I do not wanna gain back what I lost~ Feels so good to be in smaller size clothing
Old 04-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #168  

My biggest problem food for binging was cadbury chocolate. It is a real pain that you can only buy the "BIG" bars where we live. I can pass up almost any other kind, but not cadbury bars. My mom always keeps 5-6 in her fridge. I think she eats about 4 a week. When I was a kid she used to keep them hidden in her drawers, but the last few years I started just helping myself and restocking her supply. After eating too many of mom's I started buying one when I went grocery shopping. I wouldn't want my DH to see the evidence, so I would eat an entire bar and throw away the wrapper before I got home. I aways thought it woud have been much better if they came in small - well they sort of do for Easter. But I didn't buy any this time. Thought about them alot, but didn't buy any. They are still in my mom's fridge, but I haven't had a bite since I started WW.

I only have had occasional binges since starting. Mostly my house is free from any foods I really like (graham crackers in milk, brownie mix, marshmallows for zapping in the microwave with butter and rice crispies), but the first month or so on WW I would have something inconspicious like South Beach Bars, they would sit there for 3 weeks, and then boom 3-4 bars gone. So now I am back to nothing in the house I can't stay out of. (Potatoes). Fortunately I can't stand chocolate ice cream, so my DH still gets a treat. The kids get so much candy and baked goods at mom's and grandma's I don't worry a bit about depriving them at home. If I do get a real urge to bake (and I am a big baker), I just set the loot in the faculty room and make other people fat (evil).

Last edited by morrigan; 04-17-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:29 PM   #169  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Chrissy, before I forget.........CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!!! I had not seen under 200 in about ten years prior to this run with WW. So I know how exciting it is! You are doing fantastic!! Just wanted to throw that in before I forgot.

So, I purged the fridge and now need to move on to the pantry. Kids asked what I was doing. I told them I was having a hard time eating healthy food when there was so much junk food around. They said, "ok" Man!! If they don't mind I should not.

Also, before I forget Morrigan.......how many points is the wine? I enjoy a glass of pinot noir every now and then.

Don't know what I am doing for dinner. I should have done crock pot today because of dance class (daughter). I will have to cook while husband takes her. Otherwise, we eat out and I don't do so well. Bye for now. --Amy
Old 04-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #170  

4 oz of wine (a small wine glass about 2/3 full) is 99 calories and 2 points.
And speaking of binging - my soup was so yummy I ate 12 points worth for dinner. Part of it was the 2 hours in the pool prior to dinner, I was really hungry when I got home.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

ok...i need a good kick to get started again....I'm having such a hard time with breakfast. I've never really been a breakfast person but since I started WW in January I've really focused on making myself eat something, anything in the morning to fend off the cravings later in the day. However, here lately I've just not been able to force myself to eat breakfast. Sometimes, usually, I'm just running late for work and don't have time but that's not always the case. Sometimes I just don't eat something. Like this morning. I'm out of my smart balance spread so I couldn't have my normal toast but there were other things I could have had and yet for some reason I decided not to eat. So now, after being at work less than an hour and with over 3 hours to go before lunch, I'm hungry. I must admit...those little chocolate donuts in the breakroom vending machine are calling out my name.

So what should I do? I'm not sure which is worse...giving in to my hunger and getting the donuts now or waiting until lunch and then eating too much then.

I'm thinking when I go to the store tonight I'll pick up some kind of something to stash in my desk for times like this but what do I do today?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #172  
Amy

Oh miss Chrissy. I can tell you from experience that the donuts won't be worth it. Remember, I am coming off of a horrible downward spiral. The guilt breeds more cravings. So, hold off if you can. Can you do something at work that you can just dive into and keep real busy??? Then think of a filling very satisfying lunch. And, now eat your breakfast points with lunch. This should make for a good lunch. All I know if when I am bad I go off the freakin deep end. So, if you do make it temporary!! Try oatmeal for breakfast. Today I tried the cinnamon roll oatmeal (instant). It was heaven. It was only three points and tasted fantastic. I use the spray butter on bread that is only 1 point for two slices. Yogurt (ww 1pt) with 1/2 cup go lean crunch in it. Yummy. You can do it girl. Just think how good 190 will feel.

As for me......I had my 3pt oatmeal for breakfast.

I am going to weigh in this morning at 9:30 because I will be at the hospital watching my new nephew come into the world later today. I don't want any excuse to miss my meeting since I know I gained. I will update everyone later tonight I guess. All I know is I am on the road to my Memorial Day challenge (thanks you chrissy). Only good food journaling here from me ladies. Thanks for all of your support through my rough time. --Amy
Old 04-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #173  

4/18/06 Tuesday
Breakfast: Oatbran cereal and blueberries (3), latte (2.5), creamer (.5)
Lunch: soup (6) with prawns (2)

This will put me at 14 points through about 7pm (when I get done being a timer for the track meet). After that all the volunteers go out to pizza. We will see if I can brave that.

NEVER GO TO A PIZZA PLACE ON A DIET!
2 pieces veggie pizza (12), 1 salad (1), 2 glasses wine (5)

32 points for the day

Last edited by morrigan; 04-18-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

4/18/06

Breakfast - nothing (i'm working on this)

Lunch-- 1/2 Lean Cuisine Salsbury Streak dinner 2 pts (this tasted bad to me)
2 WW carrot cake snacks 2pts
broccoli with 2% cheese slice 1pt
large apple 2 pt

that's 7 pts total for day so far....hopefully I'll stay on track
Old 04-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Had my weigh in today. I'm down 1.8 lbs, so Easter dinner didn't kill me like I thought it would! Phew!

Here's what I've had so far today:

Salmon oil tablets - 2pts
1/2 cup yogurt - 1pt
small apple - 1pt
grapes - 1pt
3 crackers w/ salmon spread - 2pts
2 low-carb tortillas - 1pt
Smart One's Chicken Santa Fe (put inside the tortillas) - 2pts
4 1/2 multigrain mini's cinnamon rice cake things - .5pts

11.5 points used, 10.5 left for dinner and snack!

Also did my workout at Curves.

Today is a GOOD day!
Old 04-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Good luck with the pizza tonight, morrigan!! Pizza is so hard for me to resist!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:07 AM   #177  
Amy

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. I sure did. My new nephew arrived without any problems. Mom and baby are doing great. I have his older brother (3yrs) with me while mom and dad are at the hospital. I also managed to eat well yesterterday. FINALLY!!! Here is what I had......

oatmeal 3
taco salad no shell (hospital food) 8
string cheese 1
pringles ff 15 of them 1
2 chx tacos 8

I did go weigh in early yesterday morning as I knew I would miss last night with the excitement of the baby and my older sister in town. Good news.......I lost .8. I am at my lowest since starting Ww. This is such good news since you all know how hard the last two weeks or so have been for me.

Here's what I have done so far today.

black coffee zip
1 serving malt o meal 3

lunch was a McDonalds salad with crispy chicken and balsamic dressing 8pts
and a grande non fat no whip mocha 5
16 for the day. Oh, I munched about 1pt in fries and one nugget 2? so, 19 for the day. Am having a veggie burger for dinner. Not too worried. I also earned 2 activity points today at the gym. And I think I am being conservative. Doin good.

Will check back later.

Last edited by buffalosister1; 04-19-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #178  

I haven't been doing good - just eating, eating, eating all day long.
Breakfast: Latte (3)
Snack: Apricot Cliff Bar (4)
Lunch: 3/4 Sandwich (6)
Snack: Fruit (2)
Snack: Soup (4)
Snack: bread (2)
Dinner: tofu stir fry over greens (7)
Dinner: Wine (2)
Dinner: Soup (2)

31 points for the day. I did make it to the gym and swam for 1/2 hour. I also spent most of the day with the kids at the beach (it was one of our first nice days of spring - it was only 25 degrees last night, but got up to the 61 today). I also dropped the kids off at my mom's for an hour or so and stopped by the high school and wrote up a lab using clinometers so that I can take my classes out in the sunshine for a math project tomorrow.

Usually I am fine with my body, but I felt unusually self conscious in my swimsuit today. I am feeling saggy. I mostly don't mind getting older, but occasionally I just don't want wrinkles and sags.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #179  
Amy

To finish my day......

veggie burger and bun 4
waffle fries (baked at home) 5
veggies 0

so.......28pts. Quite on the high side. I guess I used 2 flex points today. Oh crud! I forgot, I ate a skinny cow icecream. Make that 4 flex points. Tomorrow should be easy. Going with my daughter's kindy class on a field trip. We have to pack a lunch. I will eat my normal breakfast and pack a pb&j for lunch with ff pringles and some fruit. I will need to plan a crockpot dinner tonight and start that tomorrow because we have teeball practice tomorrow night. Anyway, Hope you all start your day off right tomorrow. Till then..........
Old 04-20-2006, 10:44 AM   #180  

I used to coach fastpitch - it was really fun being outside every day.

Today is the first of 4-20 point days. I have been eating way too much this week and need to get my points way down so my average is good for the week.

Today I rode my bike to school (11 miles, 1 hour).
Breakfast: oat bran cereal with blueberries (3)
Lunch: Cliff Bar (4)
+ 2 bottles of water

I have 13 points left, but I am headed to mom's. I hate being at my parents house and eating.

Now I am at mom's
6 points in wine
3 points in soup - this leaves me 4 points for dinner and mom and DH want to go out.

3 more points in wine (19) - and then a mexican restaurant. Now I must say that pre WW we would have consumed 2-3 baskets of chips before ordering deep fried something, so my 5 chips (1), 1 small tortilla (1), rice and beans (5), veggie fajitas (2), and bites of ice cream (2) add up to a lot less points than before.

I ended up with 29 points for my 20 point goal day - and we just decided to take a road trip to Seattle, so the weekend will probably be shot. I will check in after weigh in Monday evening. Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by morrigan; 04-20-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Closed Thread