Old 02-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #61  
sandias sandi

S/C/G: 208/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I agree. My daughter-in-law went to IP clinic, bought all their food, and lost 90 pounds in about 9 months. She started gained it all back 90+ in one year. All diets work the struggle is keeping the pounds off. I started IP alternatives on this site. There's lots of good info for the diet without going to clinic and getting a coach. I couldn't do IP because I'm diabetic adult onset and just take one kind of oral med, but my sugars dropped down to low 80's after I did minimal walking exercise. I feel the weight loss is slow on WW and I can afford to join and go to meetings. I may go to 2 or 3 a week at different locations for support. Thanks for your support. Sandy
friendly smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #62  

S/C/G: GW 145, UGW 128

Default Hello~

Hi everyone... just stumbled across this forum looking for online support. I (re)started WW on 1/13. I'm a fallen lifetime member!!! That's ok... done it before, I can do it again.

I'm doing the SP plan. Love my meeting, love my lecturer. Feeling very motivated and thrilled that I found others at the same point in this journey.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone... plus supporting you while you support me!

Tril

Last edited by Tril; 02-05-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #63  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Hi, I started WW AGAIN Jan 1, 2017. I know I can do this, I've done it before. I really am looking for motivation. The key to my success is planning, planning, planning. It's nice to have a place to come to. Thank you for all your help and I look forward to going through this will all of you.
Nicolesrq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #64  

Hi Nicole!

I agree with you on the importance of planning. When I don't feel like doing it, I remind myself of the old saying... When you fail to plan, you plan to fail!!! Gets me motivated every time. I don't LIKE to plan to fail! LOL
Old 02-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #65  

In need of a few words of encouragement this morning. I know I need to stay off the scale... it's an old habit. It messes with my head. BUT, that said, I've weighed the last three mornings. I gained yesterday AND today. I have NOT gone over points. It's just so frustrating. And I hear that little "witch" on my shoulder saying, "Why, WHY, are you making great choices if this is how you're 'rewarded'?" At times like these, I do not know.

Alright then... why DO I go on? Because:

My health is more important than my pant size.
My hair and skin look better.
(Usually) my attitude improves.
I tend to want to be more social.... unless it's a food fest.
I feel empowered.
I owe it to my family.
I want to avoid potential health issues as I get older.

AND... I want to be smaller. Sigh. I REALLY want to be smaller.

Thoughts, anyone?
Old 02-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #66  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 293

Height: 5' 10"

Starting Weight Jan 2017: 293 LBS
Current Weight Feb 2017 : 283 LBS
Goal Weight: 130-140 LBS

HI all,

I am from the UK been overweight since my mid 20's, managed to drop some weight before on Cambridge (unsustainabe) and excersize, I have MS and the exersize kept putting me into relapse and I felt a bit sorry for myself after diagnosis and put all the lost weight back on (about 42lbs).

Fast forward to now, I want a better understanding of food and portions. I started WW in January and in 3 weeks have dropped 10lbs, I am also getting married in August and would like to drop 56lbs by then, which would be my halfway marker.

So Hi everyone
Swindonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #67  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 293

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
In need of a few words of encouragement this morning. I know I need to stay off the scale... it's an old habit. It messes with my head. BUT, that said, I've weighed the last three mornings. I gained yesterday AND today. I have NOT gone over points. It's just so frustrating. And I hear that little "witch" on my shoulder saying, "Why, WHY, are you making great choices if this is how you're 'rewarded'?" At times like these, I do not know.

Alright then... why DO I go on? Because:

My health is more important than my pant size.
My hair and skin look better.
(Usually) my attitude improves.
I tend to want to be more social.... unless it's a food fest.
I feel empowered.
I owe it to my family.
I want to avoid potential health issues as I get older.

AND... I want to be smaller. Sigh. I REALLY want to be smaller.

Thoughts, anyone?
I have to say, stay off the scales! I did it again this week, it said I gained 3, I actually lost 4.... take the scales and put them in a cuoboard, they're lying to you..... Keep weigh ins for the meeting and concentrate on staying on plan, keep the faith and it will happen
Swindonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #68  

Hello Swindonia! Thanks for your message. I know you're right. Actually, I was just thinking about going upstairs and weighing again because I can't BELIEVE it went up again. LOL Your message got to me first, thankfully. You're right. Just weigh in a the meeting. My focus needs to be my planning and execution of that plan... not the scale. If I do A, B will follow.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!!! Have you bought a dress? My future daughter in law just ordered hers. It's one of my motivations right now... as mother of the groom I'll HAVE to be in the pictures. Ugh. I want to want to be in them.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #69  

An online group I've been with for, oh... 15 years or so... does Wednesday weigh ins together. So I weighed today. I'm down. Didn't do anything different from the last two days where I gained. Lesson? The scale is NOT the best measure of success!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #70  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone. Sorry I Have not been around. My mom passed away on January 20th, and I've been having a hard time... Fell off the WW wagon for a month, gained 14 pounds, but now back on it...

New weigh in day is Wednesday's.
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:10 AM   #71  

So, so sorry for the loss of your mom. There are two things I have found that throw me under the bus weight wise, moving and the loss of a loved one. It usually takes me 6 months to a year to get control back. You did it in one! Good for you. Again, so sorry. {{{hugs}}} My mom is 85 and I know my time with her is precious.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #72  

Hi I'm Brittany 25 years old from West Virginia. This is my first time with WW, joined two weeks ago. It has really been a learning curve, and so far I have went over my weekly points because of Valentines and what not. I'm starting a new week today and with it I have a renewed since of hope. I am a chronic over eater and this is my first time every trying any type of diet or program to lose weight. Before I just didn't care, now I know that is not a sustainable lifestyle. I currently weigh 226 (the biggest I've ever been), my goal weight is 165.
babs3289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #73  

Hello everyone! I'm back. I managed to gain 14 pounds in my grief, but now 2 weeks back on Weight Watchers and I've lost almost 8 pounds. I'm feeling motivated.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #74  

Oh and hello to the new members!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #75  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone, I just joined WW 3 days ago and I am kinda dreading the weekend. Hopefully I can stay within my sp allowance.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight watchers