Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #196  
Working My Way Back Down

No cardio last night. I was totally exhausted all day, and started getting really achy, so I went into "don't you dare get sick" mode - went home, made dinner, laid on the couch a little (Ken Burns National Park documentary was on) and was in bed asleep by 9! I'm feeling more rested, but also more like I'm getting something. Grrrr. Today's plan is Day 1 at lunchtime (since I inadvertently did Day 2 on Monday).

Rabbit, you're doing great on your hours of exercise.

Mel - I'm hoping that another night of extra rest will do it for me. I just don't have time to be sick.... Glad you're feeling better.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #197  
Workin' It

Mel - glad you are feeling better!

Rabbit - I don't blame you on the 9pm Zumba...

Nelie - I used to have that exact same pain when I was taking kickboxing. I figured out mine was from kicking the heavy bag with my shin not lined up right. Wasn't opening my hips enough so my leg was lined up crooked, caused some bruising under the surface. That and I probably wasn't ready for the full heavy bag surface. I use an angled uppercut bag now so if I'm not lined up perfectly it doesn't hurt me as much, plus it is a softer material.

Pat - We watched a little of the National Parks documentary, too. Gorgeous! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Cardio last night, went well. Did 30 minutes of yoga last night before bed, which felt great. DH & DSS are at my house sick right now, though DSS just got done at the doc and nothing is actually wrong (threw up from a combination of marshmallows at daycare and excessive sinus drainage on little food for the last two days IMO, sugary items get him every time.) Might not get any exercise in, but I'm okay with two off days per week if it comes to that and I'll get every other day this week in fine.

Good day all!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 270/157/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I have the starting strength book but didn't know there was a DVD!
While the book has been out for years and has gone through a couple of editions, the DVD didn't come out until about a year ago (maybe less, I lose track of time easily).

It's basically a video of a hands on seminar. What I love about it is that there are people of differing ages, sexes, and physical abilities that he is teaching the lifts too and coaching through a session from a warmup sets through working sets, so he gets to point out several different compensations/faults and different corrections.

Last edited by Depalma; 09-30-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Depalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #199  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Mel,

Don't forget to start a new thread - I promise I will refrain from doing that.
(I thought about you a lot last week - my local grocery store has MOUNTAINS of pretzels on sale).

Alena
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #200  
Mel

Alena where have you been????? I'll go start a new thread for you to answer
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote