Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #166  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaney View Post
Hi!
I had been living in NYC for four years, but I've actually just moved back to Canada! I'm in Vancouver, BC, now! I'm used to the huge city, so now it's taking some adjusting to a bit of a slower pace!

This week was hard for me! I started it out great, but I have also found my willpower fairly low. My anxiety is still high and I found out some disheartening news about the assault case, but honestly other than that I'm doing really well! Feeling the pressure to lose more quickly, though, which I don't like!
Oh, I love Vancouver. It's one of the very few big cities I've been to. Very unique food -had crab eggs benedict there, never seen it served anywhere else. Ate authentic Dim Sum there. Took the train to downtown (I was staying in Burnaby) and then walked to Granville Island which in hindsight might not have been my safest choice but it all worked out. I used to work for a company called US Bearings, which was a subsidiary of BC Bearings, and the headquarters was in Burnaby. I would go to Vancouver occasionally for meetings.

I'm sorry to hear you are still having anxiety, although that's more than understandable. I suffer from anxiety in general, so can't even imagine the condition I'd be in after an assault. I hope that the news gets better and that they are able to catch and prosecute your attacker. It sounds like you are doing a good job of taking care of yourself and I think your willpower will bounce back soon!

My cat is doing better, and so that's good news here. My weight jump also came back down, so I'm happier there. I'm at that stage in my weight loss journey where sometimes I can see things I'm pleased about (I can see some ribs now, my muscle has more definition) and sometimes I only see things I'm not happy about (why is my belly still so big, and oh noes I'm getting that saggy look by my belly button lol). I am at 154 these days. My short term goal is to hit 145 which would officially put me in the "normal" weight category. It'd be nice to finally not be overweight.

I have seen some NSV's- primarily my resting heart rate is now in the 50's and my blood pressure has dropped significantly. That's encouraging.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:19 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

I'll echo what EagleRiver Dee says, Kahaney! You sound like you're doing a fantastic job taking care of yourself.

Well... for my part this week has been a mixed bag. On the one hand, I'm hovering about a half a pound above where I was last Saturday, and I'm hoping it's water. I've eaten dinner out for the last four nights (our theater provides dinner for cast and crew) so there's just been a lot more sodium and sugar available. Thankfully they also serve a lot of fruits and vegetables so I appreciate that. I'll probably be eating similarly next week being on vacation, but hopefully I can manage okay. On the plus side, one nice NSV is that yesterday was the first day I didn't work out in three weeks. Normally when I'm stressed that goes by the wayside, but this time I kept it up. I just have to keep reminding myself that lifestyle changes happen slowly!
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:06 PM   #168  

Welp, I'm back from my week of vacation and after two weeks of some interesting eating habits, I'm happy to report that this morning's scale read 156.2. Not too shabby. I think by Monday my body should have calmed down enough for a more accurate reading--I ate a TON of salt and sugar this week (so. much. fried. food.) and it's TOM, so we'll see how things settle out. Either way, it's not a bad reading and I'm looking forward to life going back to normal!
Old 03-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #169  

Okay, I have to say it somewhere--I've got a ticker now! Yay!!
Old 03-26-2017, 01:49 PM   #170  

Where is everyone?? Anyways, back down to 155.6 this morning; very happy, since that's the same as my lowest reading two weeks ago and that means I haven't gained any weight over the last two crazy weeks. Yippee! Now to start going down again!
Old 03-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #171  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessroja View Post
Welp, I'm back from my week of vacation and after two weeks of some interesting eating habits, I'm happy to report that this morning's scale read 156.2. Not too shabby. I think by Monday my body should have calmed down enough for a more accurate reading--I ate a TON of salt and sugar this week (so. much. fried. food.) and it's TOM, so we'll see how things settle out. Either way, it's not a bad reading and I'm looking forward to life going back to normal!
I hope you had a fantastic vacation, Princessroja! We all deserve a break now and then, even from healthy eating.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #172  
Here to Learn

Sorry to be absent so long. Things are good here. I had a birthday this week, and the day after my birthday my husband and I and my step-son went out snowmobiling and just had a blast. It's our favorite thing to do in the winter. We went back to a glacier and explored an ice cave in the glacier, and played in deep snow and jumped and carved and pulled wheelies. Sometimes you just have to be a kid!

I'm still losing little by little. I'll have a couple weeks where I lose nothing, then I'll lose 2 lbs in one week. It's sort of weird. I've lost a little faster lately because it's Lent (I'm Catholic) and we do a little more fasting and abstaining from certain foods etc. during this time before Easter.

Also my doctor suggested I switch up my breakfast from a more carb based breakfast to a more protein based breakfast. I'm not one to get up early enough to actually cook, so I bought a huge tub o' protein powder that hopefully I will be able to tolerate with my allergies and sensitivities that I have. I had some yesterday and so far so good. I had some more this morning. If I don't react by tomorrow, I'm probably good to go on this stuff. It is pretty satiating- 25g of protein at 120 calories. I've noticed that as part of the weight loss I've also been losing muscle and am hoping that the increased protein will help with that.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #173  

That snowmobiling sounds like fun, EagleRiverDee! Ice caves sound amazing. And I hear you on not making breakfast in the morning... I do a nicely fortified cereal since I too am just not.a.morning.person. The protein powder sounds like a good compromise.

For my part, scale is down to 154.8 this morning, which is suuuuuuuper exciting, especially after the shenanigans of the last two weeks. I'm doing a 52 in 52 challenge this year and I just squeaked into my goal for this week (155). That's a quarter through the year, and I'm still on track. Hooray! When I think that I've only lost 12 pounds this year it's rather discouraging, but then I remind myself that slow and steady wins the race, and if I just keep on going, I'll be to goal weight by the end of the year.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #174  
Here to Learn

Slow and steady wins the race for sure. We do have to remember- and I constantly have to remind myself of this- that we didn't put the weight on nearly as fast as we are trying to lose it. As long as I'm losing or even maintaining, right now I'm happy. I just don't want to see the scale go up. I gave away my bigger clothes yesterday to charity, so now I'm committed. I'm still a little scared by that decision. The last time I lost weight, I gained most of it back. So I'm pretty worried the same thing will happen this time and that I'll end up having to buy all new clothes again and will be kicking myself for giving away my clothes. Especially since some of the items I gave away I really liked. And for some reason the clothes I really like seem to get discontinued and I can never find them again.

Congrats on the goal achievement!
Old 03-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #175  

It's so true! It took me eight years to get to this point, and a year and a half is a comparatively small amount of time to take it off. Still feels like forever though!

And yes... I have a pile of bigger clothes in my closet that I'm too skittish to give away yet. I really should. I'm never going back--but when I say that, still, I wonder, "But what if I do?"
Old 03-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #176  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessroja View Post
It's so true! It took me eight years to get to this point, and a year and a half is a comparatively small amount of time to take it off. Still feels like forever though!

And yes... I have a pile of bigger clothes in my closet that I'm too skittish to give away yet. I really should. I'm never going back--but when I say that, still, I wonder, "But what if I do?"
Completely understand! I, too, am like- "I'm never going back!" but then I remember how I regained before. I think I might know more now to really keep it off for good (the reality was I was seriously overeating before, plus drinking alcohol (goes straight to my fat cells), plus eating pasta (ditto). I think I have a better idea on portions now, I don't drink any alcohol any longer, and I avoid wheat products. Still, I suffer from thyroid disease and I'm getting older, so that slows my metabolism. Hopefully I will be able to continue to keep the weight off.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:38 PM   #177  

I hope you will too! We can both do it.

However. Urgh. If it isn't one thing it's another. I was so happy when I got home and started losing again... and then I got sick. Again. I woke up on Tuesday with a cough and it's gotten a bit worse since then. The coughing tires me out, so not a lot of motivation to get moving, and for some reason, my body just stops losing weight when I get sick. So frustrating! I got some OTC meds tonight to clear up the chest congestion (don't want that getting established!) and help the cough, so hopefully I won't need to go to the doc, but still. I'm eating pretty well, but it's hard seeing the scale not move, especially when it's so out of my control like this. And while I'm already eating a low-ish calorie diet (1300-1500/day), I'm wary of cutting it back more just to see the scale move--gotta give my body what it needs right now I guess. :sigh:
Old 03-31-2017, 12:47 PM   #178  

Well, I guess good news follows frustration... sharp drop today to 153.4. Now that's a number I'm happy to see! I don't necessarily think it'll stay, but still very good to see.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #179  
Here to Learn

Princessroja- I hope you are feeling better, and congrats on the weight loss! I had a 2 pound bump UP this week, argh. But I'm pretty sure that it's inflammation. I was trying a protein powder to see if it would work with my food sensitivities and allergies. It looks like it was a bust because my stomach pain returned and the weight jump usually indicates inflammation for me because I didn't go crazy on my diet. I'm going to cut the protein powder and expect within a week those 2 lbs will disappear as the inflammation goes down.

I graduated from T25 Alpha to T25 Beta (exercise program). Seriously so much fun. I'm surprised how fun I'm finding it because I am NOT a cardio person by nature, but the footwork in the Beta round is so fast it's ridiculously fun. I'm hoping it'll warm up soon so I can get more outdoor walking in. I want to add resistance training but have been having a seriously weird side effect that every time I do resistance training I'll wake up in the middle of the night having serious anxiety attacks. I have no idea why, neither does my doctor. It's a new thing that started in December, I never used to have this issue. Getting older sucks sometimes, haha. Hormones get whacked.

How is everyone else? Anyone else still following? Miracle2617? Kahaney? Vicincali2?
Old 04-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #180  

Hi.Thanks for asking about me EagleRiver.I am at 151.6 today.The first 6 pounds in this decade fell off.Now, I have lost 2 in 2 weeks.Both my kiddos had birthday celebrations in those weeks though and we had a cookout at the house with friends one night so I know I have been over calories a few days.Still trying.It is beautiful outside where I am.Hoping to get out some today.Going to make myself start exercising someway.So grateful I have lost as much as I have and it is easier to be active.Don't know why I don't try to do more fitness activities.My goal for spring is to find something active I like.I need it for health and to help keep the metobilism up.Hope you all are doing great! I really enjoy reading all the posts.
Miracle2617 is offline   Reply With Quote