Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #271  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Amberkkski Well done on the slimmer calves! I have the same issue, I have total Football Legs, all made of mussel! so well done!!

LesGetFit Well Done for getting under your 220 barrier. Mine is 280! I can be 281, 280 but It has been maybe 7 or 8 years since I got under 280. So well done! you can do it!

Terra How are things going at your end?

Ladyvwj good luck for your weigh in this weekend!

MsTibbles I hope all is well and that youre managing to get a few extra holiday lbs off

About me!! Well I have came down the road to my mums and this morning I have already had a 45 min walk around town which was good to get the legs going. But the rain came on and I came home without a jacket lol Silly me! So Curves opens back up at 3:30 this afternoon and I am planning on walking there and back which should add in about an extra hour of work out which I need after eating quite a bit of chocolate last night while watching a film lol

Im feeling quite energetic these last few days so hopefully that keeps up.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Scotsgal- that's awesome that you are feeling good and getting in some good walks and workouts! Hopefully that will result in some good scale drops for you.

My scale jumped up .6 lbs today. I ate a lot of salty snacks yesterday (I did stay under my calories but it was just a lot of salt), and also TOM is coming up. I definitely feel bloated so maybe I'll see another drop after TOM.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #273  
Determind Member

Today I rocked my work out! But now I might need a cool showerand some painkillers lol.

In total today from my MAP MY WALK app that is linked to MyFitnessPal, has calculated that I have walked 7.24k and that doesnt include my 30 min circut training at curves where the sweat was litterally dripping from my face. I feel great that ive done it, but my body might be sore tomorrow. They are open from 9-12 tomorrow and on of the classes is a bit like pilates, so that might be good to have a shot at. Once I get my student loan in next month, I will possibly invest in buying some good scales so that I am able to keep a little bit more up to date with things over the next few months.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

Scotsgal - Curves has always helped me in the past but just not enough. It will give you a good boost. Energy is always good.

LesGetFit - Salt is my worst enemy, esp during TOM.

Speaking of TOM, finally getting off! Just got back from early weigh in because I want to head out of town tonight. Guess what???? I'm down 6lbs. the water weight left and what I was supposed to lose. Down to 181. Can't wait to see the 170's!!!!!

I did go to Zumba last night and took my 16 year old son with me. We worked up a sweat! He said he couldn't believe he wasn't able to keep up with me. He's 5'8" and 125lbs. Feeling good.
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #275  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi you guys!

Scotsgal That's awesome about Curves! Well done for taking that first step! That's probably a good idea about waiting to weigh in, you will probably find its a fairly big drop! You're ding amazingly, keep it up!

LesGetFit I had the same last week, i had a domino's pizza for my friday treat (counted in to calories) but that and TOM meant that the next few days I was up a few lbs Drank plenty of water though and it went back down plus more. Darn sodium!

ladyvwj That's brilliant! Well done!! So pleased for you! You'll be seeing those 170s in a week or two!

Amberkkski Well done on the 2lbs drop! You are so close to that 50 now! Fingers crossed for weigh in for you.

Officially a week today we will be in Disney!! I'm so beyond excited and really really pleased with my progress. As i said up-post i had a sodium over-indulgence which co-incided with TOM, and caused a few lbs fluid gain, but have managed to drop that off plus more this week, so I am another 2.5lbs down. Looking forward to seeing the 250s now, that's the next thing to work towards. Eating between 1500-1750 cals a day at the moment and finding that really manageable. September has brought a sudden chill to my parts of England and i'm actually feeling the cold a lot! I don't mind as it means I can wear my (now too big) hoodies and jumpers and be nice and cosy.

I'm so glad you're all doing okay and I hope you all have a lovely week this coming week!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:06 PM   #276  

Way to go with the walking and Curves, Scotsgal! Maybe you can inspire me to move a bit more. I've been s busy that the workouts and walking have taken a backseat, but I have at least gotten my steps back up the last couple of days.

Ladyvwj- That's an awesome drop, congrats! You will be in the 170s before you know it! And way to go with the Zumba! It looks fun, I have considered trying it out.

MsTibbles- Have fun at Disney!!! I am so very jealous of your cold weather! I can't wait to wear my hoodies. Way to go with your 2.5 lbs!

Thanks to both of you for making me feel better about the temporary weight gain. Scale has gone up a little each day, and I'm up 2 lbs overall. I'm trying to stay away from the salt and drink some extra water.

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday.

Last edited by LesGetFit; 09-06-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:31 PM   #277  
Determind Member

Hay well done guys on the weight loss! It looks like some of us are getting over some recent slumps we have had.
lesgetfit dont worry about your 2lbs, it should be easy to shift. We have all been having some ups and downs recently so I have every faith in you.

I had some chocolate on Sunday night but I did walk another 10k over the weekend so I didnt feel so bad. On monday I went to the gym again after starting the Cabbage Soup Diet with a friend of mine who will also be attending this wedding i have. It has been going well however I have needed to cheat on occasion to make sure I am still getting in enough protein for my gym workouts. I have decided that after this week of walking and gym and strange cabbage soup, I will jump on the Store scales at the weekend to see if I have managed to at least get back to my starting weight from this website at 305lbs. I am only a few lbs off of it but it would be nice to get back on track and have the next 3 weeks to really work at getting some extra lbs off.

I hope everyone is doing well
Old 09-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #278  

I'm glad you're eating other things, Scotsgal, because I have not heard great things about the cabbage soup diet. You definitely need other nutrients, so I'm glad you're watching your protein. My weight is finally moving down again after a week of bloating. I also downloaded the Happy Scale app, which shows a moving average of all your weights, so even on days where you gain a little, you can still see your overall downward slope. It seems to be helping so far. You can definitely drop some pounds in the next few weeks!

Glad you posted, it was getting too quiet!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #279  

Hi all. I am curious how the "buddy" thing works in the thread. Do people have buddies? Sending best to all
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:16 PM   #280  

Hi flower, I think most of us have been just checking in with each other here in the thread. I have added everyone to my buddy list but I'm not even sure what that does haha. I do have a couple people from this forum as friends on the Lose It app, and it's nice to keep in touch there as well.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #281  

Thanks LesGetFit. I appreciate the clarification
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone... been super busy lately between work and life at home. I only worked out 2 days last week and did my monthly scanning on Saturday. Not surprisingly, since I was off plan a bit, I did not gain nor lose weight for the week. As for the month, I've lost 2 total inches and 3lbs; 2lbs fat, 1/2lb muscle and 1/2lb water. Dietician said for me to keep it up because I'm still going in the right direction. Going to be super busy again this week. I have a 2day board meeting filled with catered food and I will miss zumba on Thursday since I'm going to a Tim McGraw concert. I'll try to exercise tonight and tomorrow morning to make up for it.
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #283  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone not going to weigh in until this Sunday morning, I think itll be 2 weeks without weighing in? Idk what happened but I have just been struggling so bad through out the last few months. Im really starting to feel bad about it thought in a good way. if that makes sense haha while in boston this weekend I needed to buy extra pants and I was able to buy a 18!!! and XL sweat pants!! I was busting out of my 22's a the beginning of my journey. So that gave me more of a push then ever. Im 100% back on track today and actually looking forward to eating healthy and remaining on track. ITs all a mental game and I think my head may finally be back in the game.

Everyones been so quiet, hows everyone doing?
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Way to go Amberkkski!! Great attitude. I am glad you were able to positively motivate yourself.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:43 PM   #285  

Welcome back Amberkkski! Glad you had a great trip and are back on track now! Yes, this thread has gotten way too quiet, I hope everyone is doing really well.

Last edited by LesGetFit; 09-15-2015 at 04:43 PM.