Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #301  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Cool It Off Express

Calories for yesterday: 1485 +
Weigh In: 171.4
Down: .4

I am still .2 above the Super Bowl fiasco. I would love to get back in the 160's before the end of the month. I thought I hated the 160's, I really hate the 170's. It's it funny how our perspective changes?

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #302  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
W-168.0

Novangel thought of you and your sausage sandwiches after I ate my second turkey with mayo/cheese/banana peppers on a hard roll, no need for the second one except the first one was so good.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, still in my pj's, I said I'll get dressed and go out when it gets to 10 degrees. Might not be able to wait that long...Finished knitting a scarf for my friend, seems like it took forever i'm going to attempt knitting a hat next. We're supposed to get some snow this afternoon, yay...

best to all

Diana definitely will have a garden this year, I'm thinking of planting some cilantro indoors to have something growing, I don't have houseplants, as green as my thumb is outdoors, it's the opposite indoors!

Ian glad the oats thing is working for you, I bought a bag of lentils called lentil trio, I put turmeric in them, not sure if they would make you gassy, they don't seem to have that effect on us, do you think it's carbs from the oats causing the gas?

ok it's 10, gotta go!

Last edited by kelijpa; 02-21-2015 at 09:05 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #303  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning! up for school...another saturday morning I have to go listen to my Econ professor blabber about nonsense for most of the 4 hour class!

walked 3 1/2 miles last night with DH, burned 350 calories. not bad, we are going to try to do a 23 mile bike ride when I get home from school.

no food yet, just coffee. Not sure what I'm going to eat yet today. Check back in later!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #304  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post

Novangel thought of you and your sausage sandwiches after I ate my second turkey with mayo/cheese/banana peppers on a hard roll, no need for the second one except the first one was so good.
If I had a $ for every time I didn't need seconds and only took it for taste I'd be rich and could afford lipo.

I might have to lay off running for today, my right foot is not quite right. Dare I say I don't think these Ghost 7 running shoes are as good as their predecessors. So disappointing for $120. I never had aches and pains with the 5's or 6.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #305  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Mornin'

W 157.8
B pizza, asparagus and broccoli, decaf with creamer
L cottage cheese and sardines, maybe
D fish tacos, I think

I finished my homemade pizza and roasted veg so need to get some new things made today. Hoping for a family bike ride tomorrow.

Syckgirl, a 4 hour class?? That sounds rough.

Kelijpa, yay for knitting! That sandwich sounds delish. I am PMS'ing and over everyone's food.

Diana, good job getting the weight back down! Hopefully the 170s will be in the rear view mirror soon. I'm not working this weekend. yay!

Flower, we have all been there...many, many times. I hope you can feel back in control soon. You are still checking in and making wise choices so that's good.

Fluffy, good job on the loss. I just got back down to my low too. Let's keep going!

HH, sorry about the wine set back. Good luck with avoiding alcohol.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:14 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 235/192/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
If I had a $ for every time I didn't need seconds and only took it for taste I'd be rich and could afford lipo. :
^

GMNEVO, Oh man I hope you have a great time! The food is rich here but the day long drinking really adds up, geeze. Good luck resisting temptation!

Fluffy, Re: Indian Buffet, I think that's a pretty awesome win there, not only did you not eat unhealthy food but you went out of your way to get something nourishing, good for you!

Flower, Yes that's me. I love to wear costumes!

Veil, that is so cool about Alton Brown! I love him!

KeliJpa, I'm glad things are warming up for you! I think that statistic about giving up resolutions in February is interesting. Thinking about that makes me determined not to give up.

Cool Mom, Thanks and congrats on getting into the 150's!

I finally got my house/studio clean and groceries and I'm getting back into my routine. There was an ungodly amount of glitter and sequins all over the place but if I'm being real, that's a pretty regular thing. Now to crank out a million paintings before festival season starts!

Confession time, I haven't worked out besides some bike rides all week. I feel guilty, but ready to get back into it! Confession 2, that pizza I ate with abandon did a number on my digestion, I just started feeling normal yesterday. Lesson learned, it was not worth it.

W- 196.4 (yesterday, didn't weigh today)
B- 1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled with garlic and green onions, 1 tbs shredded le gruyere cheese, 3 slices of turkey bacon, 3/4c blueberries + coffee
L- Broccoli Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing
S- 1oz beanitos, 1 tangerine
D- Salmon and Roasted Cauliflower
S- 2 homemade PB cups

Last edited by ohclementine; 02-21-2015 at 04:56 PM.
ohclementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #307  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 1lb to 173.8lbs today.

Breakfast was sardines, eggs, squid and smoked oysters.

Lunch was fish.

For exercise, I did 50 minutes weight training followed immediately by a 4 miles run on account of beating the snow which has now started falling.

Quote:
Quote:
do you think it's carbs from the oats causing the gas?
kelijpa, I don't think so. I think it is because they are steel cut and my body struggles to digest them. If I cooked them more, it might solve the problem. But I just do not have the time. I feel a lot less bloated for my exercise, which is great.

Last edited by IanG; 02-21-2015 at 03:58 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:58 PM   #308  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Good Day All!

Syckgirlsfv- I would love chef watching in Vegas! Right now I am drooling over all the pictures on Instagram from the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Wow! I'm amazed all chefs don't weigh 400lbs. I would SO eat all my creations!!
Did you get out on your bike ride?

CoolMom75- Ah yes, kids change workouts! Nice little arm boost to your walk!

Halloween Hellion- Hi! Were you able to get on the elliptical? I admire you able to do an hour to an hour and a half! (I could barely do 20 mins due to my knees.)

Diana3271- & Fluffypuppy- Yes, I need to really analyze my calorie intake numbers. 1800-1600 is were I will aim to be for awhile. I will need more advice in a few weeks. Thank you!

Flower123- Enjoy the heatwave! Its 40 here today and we are giddy! Man o man I am ready to say goodbye to -25 windchills. ugh!

Novangel- Your "If I had a $ for..." cracked me up!! I totally agree. I think of all MY plates of seconds and then cleaning the kids plates TOO while doing dishes... oh my, all those unneeded calories...

W 243
B- Apple, PB, Toast, strawberry jelly
S- mapled walnuts, 1/4 tortilla w/ cheese
L- Mary's gone crackers, cheese, sausage
D- Olive Garden salad, 1 breadstick (yay!), Rosemary chicken w/ potato (1/2 my dinner boxed up right away to prevent over eating)

E- 1 1/2 hour walk with friend - great conversation & laughter makes exercise better!

Last edited by Veil; 02-21-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:47 PM   #309  
California licensed CPA!

hi everyone school is out and we are getting ready to go ride the bikes...finally!

B - omaha burger patty w/habanero cheddar
S - string cheese, turkey bacon, POP CHIPS (flower)
L - cheese/green chile tamale
D - we'll see...

later everyone!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:45 PM   #310  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I have to share this recipe with you all because it was so easy! Lunch was sweet potato pancakes and all they are is 1 small cooked sweet potato, 3 eggs and some pumpkin pie spice whirled in the blender and griddled.

It makes about eight small pancakes for very little calories. I had 4 with applesauce over top. Very good!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #311  
California licensed CPA!

coolmom those sound so awesome!

just rode 22 miles on the bikes with DH - almost 1200 calories

I've got chicken and salsa pot pies from Omaha Steaks in the oven, and I'm going to steam some broccoli too. YUM! I will have a couple shots of vodka with a splash of apple vodka for flavor tonight, too
Old 02-21-2015, 10:31 PM   #312  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I have read all the posts, but this will be a quick post for me.

Total Approx 1590 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 calories)
chicken salad sandwich 350 calories
ice coffee w/sweet 'n low & cream 50 calories

Dinner (790 calories)

chili 500 calories
Edwards turtle pie slice 290 calories

Exercise:
HHA Fat Burning Cardio 2

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-21-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:06 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Yesterday:980 cals
This morning:143.0! New low! 0.2 up from four year low!
Today:950 cals with the possibility of 100 more

Had a super day. Work (3 students), shopping (vaping supplies), tv (figure skating), work (1 student), socializing (Balderdash upstairs at my brother's). Had a really good laugh tonight. I love it when that happens. It can't be made to happen and it is far too rare.

Flower--when I reset the thing that got me back into it was planning all my food the night before. I hope you can feel back in control soon. Are you gaining?

Syckgirlsfv--how was school? Does the prof ramble off topic?

Diana--how you doing? The 160's are not too far away. Sorry the Super Bowl weight is still hanging on

CoolMom--sounds awesome! Do you mash the sweet potato?

Veil--glad you had company for your walk. Sounds good to me! Is this something your friend will be willing to do with you regularly?

Ian--we got tons of snow today too. Whoever thought streetcars on rails were a good idea in Toronto must have been on drugs.

Ohclementine--bike rides count! Hope you have recovered from the pizza. Painting? Are you a professional artist?

Nova--don't you hate it when they "improve" something that was just fine? What makes the sevens different?

Kelijpa--I only knit in straight lines. I am a scarf expert but have never attempted anything else. Will this be your first hat?
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:33 AM   #314  
Warrior Princess

Fluffy, I'm not sure but they either don't fit as good as the 2 previous pairs (7's seem too wide) or the shock absorbance is lacking. I agree they should just leave things alone. If it's not broke don't fix it.

I ran 4 miles in my Ghost 6 today. Glad I kept them.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:49 AM   #315  

syckgirlsv, Ouch ! A 4 hour econ class? You are a better woman than I I would LOVE to eat at the great resturaunts in Vegas. To have Bobby Flay as a chef. And some others who also have resturaunts there.

CoolMom. a hike carrying a 4 year old. Nice workout ! The sweet potato pancakes sound great.

Halloween Hellion, I hope you were able to get back on course and even have a good night sleep. Sometimes we just do veer off course.

Ian, Sorry about those oats. Did you have more snow on Saturday?

Nova, I hope your foot recovers soon. Maybe an insert in the shoes might help?

Fluffy, CONGRATS on the new low. Woohoo and yay. That's awesome. To answer your question, I have gained. Now I am trying to not gain more. I am hoping that when the warmer weather comes I will lose the 5 I gained. I think the weather may have something to o with it. Being all cooped up in the cold and snow. Either way I will get a handle on it.

Veil, I SO agree about walking with a friend. Its the best way to do it. Makes the time go by so fast.

OhClementine, what kind of paintings do you do? you said you had to crank out a million paintings before festival season starts. Love the image of glitter and sequins all over the place. Reminds me of how I used to do things. Just go on a stream of consciousness and dont worry about picking up during the artistic creativity. Whatever I was creating at the moment. Then, well putting things back in order was always a challenge

Today I avoided a lot of dangers with food. I stayed in. BUT I drank an absurd amount of hot chocolate. I have a new plan. Not sure it will work. But every time I want hot chocolate or frozen lemon protein stuff. I have to do 2 minutes on the exercise trampoline before having it. Let's see how that works. I also have to have less carrot, onion and red bell pepper in my salads. I tried reducing before but it didnt work. I think this weather is not helping. But I was good last winter and it was just as cold and nasty. I will NOT give up on this. I WILL prevail.

Tomorrow is supposed to get up to 34 degrees. This will be the first time in 28 days that the temp was above freezing. Monday the high is supposed to be 6 degrees. Summer WILL come. Actually Daylight savings time will start in just 14 days. YES !
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote