Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #46  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

shr1nk1ngme I got to see what I'd look like with the model but I don't know how to change it or add it to anything but it was nice to see. You are really doing well on this journey. Keep up the good work

Danielle we were the same again I like having someone to keep up with though I'm sure I will be trying to catch up with you after my cheat day today Keep up the good work Congratulations on the 3lbs gone, way to go

carebear to the thread Sorry about the deferment Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Keep up the good work

I was 176.2 this morning also LOL I can't count I need to go back and edit all of my post because I said I was only .4 down, hehehe, silly me
My cheat day was pretty good, I hope I didn't overdo it with the carbs and sodium and the 622 calorie burn on the treadmill helps
Old 12-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #47  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi girls! I weighed in at 175.4 today, that's 4lbs down since last monday!! I am excited. Today is my cheat day though & I am planning on eating a delicious soup with some bread for lunch. O.O Let's hope I don't kill my losing streak, but I am going to pick the smaller soup instead of the medium I usually get, and I am only going to eat half the bread, not the whole roll. And I WILL NOT grab the delicious cookie, or maybe I will but I'll split it in half for my boyfriend and I. <3 This is from my favorite farmer's marker by my work, :] I will have self control here.

Carebear - Everyone is welcome, including you! Welcome to the 170's where we are all trying to get the heck out of here! Congrats on being down to 173.6 -- Great JOB! Keep it up, and if you slipped a little just get back on it! :]

Shr1nk1ngme - I have been pretty excited about losing this much weight since monday, very excited about it actually! Four pounds? Man.. this can't be real life, but it IS my first week, so I am hoping that it doesn't make me get my hopes way too high, you know? Tomorrow is my exact week since it all started, O.O scary to think of - I got to keep this up! I hope everythings going well on your end!!! And this snow is awesome. I can't wait til I feel pretty enough to go shopping again and then I can get some stuff and maybe next year I'll do some sledding. :| Maybe I'll just suck it up and do it this year anyways. My weight is always holding me back from everything I want to do and I'm truthfully sick of it.

Rennie - dying to hear how you weighed in this morning. I also like to have someone to kind of work with together - so I am hoping you stick with me through this journey it's definitely what I need! I am trying to reach 135 but will probably want 130ish in the long run. We'll see once we get there [because WE will get there!]
Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #48  
~Rennie

Danielle I weighed in at 177.2 so now I have to catch up to you it's gonna be hard because tomorrow you'll weigh 174 … keep it going you are doing extremely well , I'm happy for you I will definitely stick with you. We can be texting buddies if you want just PM and let me know. I have had a few friends from 3FC do it with me and something will derail them and they'll stop, some even stop posting I keep hoping they'll start texting again. I PM and text periodically but no reply . It's such a great thing to have someone to text when you're about to fall off the wagon.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #49  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Still at 173.6 this morning and a little bit nervous since today is an Up Day. Today I will eating all my Up Day calories with a much more careful eye on my carbs than before. I expect to see better results on the scale Tuesday morning, after Monday's Down Day. Especially since I have been doing some (gentle) exercise every single day.

More intense exercise will come later. When I am closer to my goal weight I plan to start to increase my calories/protein/fat for muscle building. Then I will start weight training again in earnest.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 12-15-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 206/172.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Gah, foiled once more!

So frustrated! Up 3 darn pounds to 173.4. And nowhere near my monthly cycle. This has happened all year, I get within .5 of leaving the 170's only to pop back up to the 173 mark.

I'm actually not that bummed, slow and steady will eventually come through. Anyone have the old body hangs on to weight for what seems like forever then one day you lose like 2-3 pounds? My entire weight loss has been that way.

Will need to post daily to keep me going through the holidays, lol! I love reading everyone's posts and thank you for the welcomes .
Old 12-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

hello everyone!!! back after my brother in law's wedding and stayed steadily at 178 lbs during the 3 day wedding festivities really proud of myself,,,will be back on track with food and exercise from tmrw!!! the wedding was a completely different story,,, many relatives were shocked into silence when they saw me, and im really not exaggerating,, people kept coming up to me during the wedding and told me how great i looked,, i have never received so many compliments in my life,, it was very overwhelming but im very happy .. all this attention and admiration from friends and family (some of whom had last seen me at 239 lbs) was amazing and a great motivator,,,, gives me more reason to continue my progress,, here's to losing weight and never finding it again!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #52  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Hamlette, you have achieved sooo much! Congratulations and keep enjoying those compliments. You have earned them!

The "never finding it again" bit is the part I have trouble with. :-/
Old 12-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #53  

S/C/G: SW/CW/GW 223/165/174

Height: 5'4"

Nothing like a 7 pound stress gain to make me realize why I gave up stress eating. My son will get to a college....may not be his first choice but he will get a full ride somewhere. Back on plan today and walked 5 miles. Ive got this!!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #54  
~Rennie

shr1nk1ngme for a good weigh in tomorrow

Gwendolyn sorry about the up

hamlette I love that "here's to losing weight and never finding it again!!!"

carebear that's great Great job on the walk
Old 12-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #55  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Thanks for those positive thoughts! Even after an Up Day, I weighed in at 172.4 this morning. Which means that JUDDD is already working! Yay can't wait to see tomorrow's weigh-in since today's a Down Day.

For several days now, I have been really strict about my carbs, keeping them at Atkins induction level (<15 a day), and it seems that is what works for me. Which makes me sad, since that means I can't eat a lot of veggies or beans. I still have some, but I have to carefully measure what I eat to keep the overall carbs down. I also had to take the soy milk out of my tea (just having it with Torani sf syrup now) and eliminate my daily Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa and my occasional Medifast packet (too many carbs for Induction).

I just have to remind myself that this part is temporary and later when I am established in ketosis I will be able to have reasonable portions of beans and vegetables again.

On the bright side, I have been having a bit of cheese every day and that, along with my GG's Scandinavian Crispbread, has kept me feeling full.

I ordered a blood sugar/ketone monitor and strips; they should be arriving any day now. That will be helpful, too, to see whether I am really in ketosis.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #56  
~Rennie

shr1nk1ngme you're doing wonderfully, and glad your plan is working for you LOL on the cocoa verses cola I think sometimes my eyes see what they want

I am up .2 to 177.4 I don't think I am going to see 175 before Christmas not at this rate anyway but it's not the 180's

have a great day everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 12-16-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 206/172.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Rennie, thanks for the hugs!

shr1nk1ngme, I think you and I are linked, I also weighed in at 172.4 today.

Danielle, keep up the great work!

Everyone else, hello! I am on an ipad so I can't scroll back properly to see any responses, and I have a very limited short term memory .

Anyhow, woke up and weighed in, then chugged water. I ate well yesterday, and took my dog for a walk. I'm trying a new thing for exercise, which is to just move around for a good 1/2 hour to an hour and not put pressure on myself. I've always put to much pressure on myself and end up stopping because I don't meet my goals. I go to the gym with my dad (who, at age 69 can do 20 pull-ups and 50 push-ups and bicycles 30-60 miles a few days a week), and do some weight work with him 1-2 times a week. I am a recovering agoraphobic after an assault 5 years ago, so getting out is a big deal for me. I gained 86 pounds after that.

Anyhow, enough about me, again, it is a pleasure to be a part of this thread and I look forward to many more posts! Hoping today is a good day for all.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #58  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Reporting in to the new awesome thread Weighed in at 176.4lb, which is 80kg and yayyayyay it means I am no longer obese, I'm just fat -LOL-

Last edited by jitterfish; 12-16-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #59  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Gwendolyn - MY GOSH. With that kind of thing happening to you I applaud you for walking out the door - I'm not sure how I'd handle something like that & it's good to see you're able to get out there and continue to live your life even if it took you a little time to do so. Good for you! I'm rooting for you! & I am also trying to keep up the great work, you do the same! P.S I love dogs - what do you have?! Well I love animals in general. I have six cats and 2 dogs. :] and I also foster animals so I currently have 3 foster cats and a foster dog, too.

Rennie - I sent you a message ! :] Look forward to chatting more with you. Keep working on it! And you're right atleast it's not 180!

Shr1nk1ngme - 172.4 wow! I can't wait til I'm there! Great job and I'm glad that you're plan is working out for you even on your UP days. I've never heard of JUDDD?

I basically purchased Dolvett Quince's new book 3121 diet and have been following that aside from the work outs because gosh I have a hard time working out :| but his meal plans are basically made up of a smart protein a smart carb and a smart fiber and that's what I've been following, along with two snacks a day & having 2 cheat days a week.. it's been working out so far for me, and I'm just trying to be smarter about NOT overeating and eating the correct things, too.

I haven't ever heard of something like not eating veggies I always thought you want to eat a ton of veggies & fruits.

Hamlette - I ALSO love that "heres to losing it and never finding it again" I think we're all right there with you.

I am not quite at the 174 I was hoping for this morning, hopefully tomorrow morning though! I am currently at 175.8 so I gained a .4 on my cheat day yesterday - which is nooothing. I was so expecting that. :] Here's to another day!

Last edited by Savemykissesx; 12-16-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #60  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

[savemykisses] cheat days are awesome, except for me I find it hard to reign in just how much I cheat -LOL- I'm getting better now, but wonder how is it that "normal" people can do it, why not me!
Closed Thread