Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #151  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1292
Today's Weight: 174 (-0.4)

B - Hard Boiled Egg + String Cheese + Carrots
S - Diet Coke
L - Campbell's All Natural Italian Wedding Soup + Fiber One Lemon Bar
S - Diet Coke
D - Rye Bread w/ Ham and Cheese + Tortilla Chips + Diet Dr Pepper
S - Acaislim Smoothie + Colby Cheese

Doing well this week. I've had drops for days now.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #152  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

Well somehow I managed to lose 2.6 lbs over the holiday weekend. I think it was because I planned the meals for everyone, so I made extra good healthy stuff that was tasty too...so no one even knew the difference!

Fought with the DH yesterday, so I hardly ate a thing....I never have an appetite when I'm stressed.
1100 cals in and no exercise
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #153  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Diana and I will need to check out those exercises.

I was down 0.4lbs today so hopefully my weight is on the slide again.

I am doing no exercise today because I have doubles tennis tonight and very much need to not lose (I have been on the losing side for each game now and people have noticed). So I am going in rested and with both knees in check. I even have a new outfit so I don't have to wear my gym clothes which are too baggy.

The only catch is the weather. It could rain and if it does no tennis. Which would mean losing day of exercise, not to mention all the practice I have been doing for this important game. Wish me luck.

Breakfast: 2 open raw mushroom sandwiches on low calorie bread with light mayo. Some olives. Coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with octopus, hummus, black beans, white beans, corn, beet, red onion, lettuce, carrot, assorted mushrooms, tomato, paw paw.

Dinner: Will drink beer either at home if it rains or in a bar after tennis if it does not.

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: None. Except hopefully tennis.

Last edited by IanG; 07-10-2013 at 12:27 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #154  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Down .7 today, to 374.1 I really hope to see 373 something tomorrow. That 369 feels a million miles away.

Yesterday calories in:1393
hard boiled egg
string cheese
chicken breast
brocolli with greek dressing
steak
cooked carrots

Yesterday calories out:142 (according to the counter, it sure felt like more)
20 minutes "Strong back and core" beginner yoga

Diana I think my SO will go along. We're really close to all the way paleo most of the time anyway. I think I cheat more than him.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #155  

I am just going to add to the person getting the Boykin Spaniel. They do have hereditary problems. The Boykin Spaniel’s most common health problems are hip dysplasia, juvenile cataracts and the most recent discovered EIC (Exercise Induced Collapse). Both parents should have OFA cert for hips, CERF annually for eyes and they have a DNA test for EIC. They should have all these tests on paper. Don't just take their word for it. Hope this helps.
I have gotten so much help here for my weight loss that I help when I can
ML
showchinesecresteds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #156  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by showchinesecresteds View Post
I am just going to add to the person getting the Boykin Spaniel. They do have hereditary problems. The Boykin Spaniel’s most common health problems are hip dysplasia, juvenile cataracts and the most recent discovered EIC (Exercise Induced Collapse). Both parents should have OFA cert for hips, CERF annually for eyes and they have a DNA test for EIC. They should have all these tests on paper. Don't just take their word for it. Hope this helps.
I have gotten so much help here for my weight loss that I help when I can
ML
Hi

Thank you for dropping in. I appreciate this info. Both of the parents have been tested. The information is in our packet. I know there is still chance of having a problem, though. Hopefully we will get lucky and not have any issues. We did research on the breeders. We were even trying to avoid the whole puppy mill, thing, too. Thank you, again. Stick around and join us or drop in when you get a chance.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #157  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Andrea I hope you had another good day! Keep up the great work!

Mamakat My hair is a little longer than the bottom of my ears. I am having issues with the elasticity (curl) on the sides. I am trying to get the sides the same length as the back. When it's wet, it's the same length, but when it dries, it shrinks up. So I'm still working on it. The colored it and trimmed the back/top today. Keep up those walks!

Oxalis Have you tried eating some extra steamed veggies. When I have had bouts of the "bottomless pit syndrome" I will cook a whole package of veggies. That's normally 100-150 calories. That's a sure way to fill up without many calories.

Psychic Keep up the great work! Great job on the .4.

Gonna Get There Soon Sorry about the stress from yesterday. Congrats on the 2.6 pounds, though!

Ian Where did you get the octopus? Did you bring it to work? I was thinking that you ate in the cafeteria at work. Maybe you bring your salad? Did you get a chance to play tennis?

Radijane I've got my fingers crossed for you! Congrats on the .7!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #158  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled salmon 500 calories
steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #159  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Energy Balancing Yoga Practice from Quick Start Yoga For Weight Loss

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 160.8
Down: 1.6 pounds

Have a great day!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 164/pregnant/128

Height: 5'6

Good Morning All!

I didn't feel like I ate very much yesterday, but when I added up my calories last night it was over 2,000; whoops! I forget how easy that can happen.

Today's Weight: 140.4 (up .5)
Yesterday's Calories: 2,050
Yesterday's Exercise: approximate 370 calories burned at the gym (walking & bike); 6 hours on my feet moving, packing, etc.

Diana: I love steamed vegetables but they seem to hurt my stomach. Raw is fine though. I think it is more mental, because I am definitely eating enough calories
oxalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #161  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1345
Today's Weight: 174

B - GetBalance Cereal w/ Almond Milk + Hard Boiled Egg
S - Diet Coke
L - Healthy Choice Chicken & Potatoes w/ Peach BBQ Sauce
S - Pistachios + Colby Cheese
D - Turkey Sausage w/ Hot Dog Bun & Mustard + Baked Breaded Pickles & Breaded Mushrooms
S - Fiber One Lemon Bar

174 again this morning. Haven't had electric since 6 o'clock yesterday. I am not a happy camper.

Last edited by Psychic; 07-11-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #162  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

No gym last night but I weighed in post TOM 138.4. Still maintaining! I will workout today for sure I slept much better last night.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #163  
Koi Gets Healthy

Height: 5'7"

Mamakat - It's probably a good idea to stay on amicable terms with your neighbors, they are your neighbors after all. If you avoid them completely it will make you seem much more like a narc (unfortunately). But seriously, screw that guy. He assaulted you!!! I would have kicked the s**t out of him!! I can't believe that!! I'm glad you're back on track!

Psychic - diet coke isn't a snack and the aspartame actually makes you gain weight as fast as regular soda! Try seltzer water with flavor in it. Soda makes you retain so much water weight. I hope your electric has returned. My boyfriend's was out yesterday around the same time - he had a tornado through his town (which is strange for Connecticut).

I got a raise and promotion this week - to celebrate I got my hair colored and cut yesterday... looks fab (I went from dark brown a year ago to light blonde currently - took a full year without any damage - was well worth it). and I got my makeup done at the benefit beauty bar in the mall yesterday. All of this was after personal training, and after working all day. Splurged a little on blush and an eyebrow color kit but I needed both of the things and $65 for both isn't that bad considering how long they last. I turn 23 on August 4th, and for your birthday the Benefit beauty bar perfects your eyebrows and does your makeup for free, so I definitely want to take advantage of that. I also bought some awesome bath bombs from Lush on my way out of the mall and had a bright purple phoenix rising bath after I got home last night.

I wanted to show you all the stark difference between my eating on Monday and my eating on the past two days, but it won't allow me to post the photos yet as I only have six posts on this account so far. I'm quite proud I was able to shift my eating habits back into place, anyway. You can see the food logs on my blog in the "journal" section if you're interested.

My only issue is that I don't know how to calculate the calories I'm burning from my hour personal training sessions. I know it's probably a lot. I started to cut my eating off at 8pm and I feel as though it helps me eat a better breakfast. I want breakfast to always be my biggest meal of the day.

I had sessions Tuesday and Wednesday after work already, I'm quite sore from those but I have today and tomorrow after work still to go for this week (and one cardio/hike 30 min session for saturday). I want my body to stop being so sore already! The insides of my elbows are even sore. What's up with that?

Anyway, I just wanted to share how I got back on track this week. I am more determined than ever. Had a great breakfast today, also. I passed out so fast after my bath last night, usually I have time to smoke a little bit before bed but I've just been way too tired to even do that after work and training and everything else I've been doing.

Hope everyone has been doing well!
koigetshealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #164  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Say what? There was a tornado in CT...this is why I should have a tv/cable. I never hear about this stuff. My phone said t-storms all day yesterday and we got nothing, that's after I raced through my walk. Today, however, I just barely squeezed through two storms...up to 3miles in an hour. That's pretty good, but this humid weather doesn't allow me to stay cool properly bluck.

koigetshealthy I plan to stay on good terms with everyone, kid included as I have tons of stuff in my house and I grew up with drug users and dealers and I know how easy things go missing. I'm not a mean person by nature, and hardly ever give eye contact to people, so it's not really snubbing them. If they say hey, then I will too

I'm back up 2 lbs, only difference in food is cottage cheese. guess who not eating that anymore I have two servings left of food (peppers and sausage) then I'm out of meat...DH told me to eat salad...uhm, I don't think that give me enough, but I can boil a couple of eggs to add with that. Only two days to go before he returns home to do laundry and then head to AZ.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #165  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Koi Congrats on your raise and promotion! You definitely deserved the splurge! I permed my hair yesteray and I'm reserving judgement until I can wash it and play with it myself.

Diana when do you get your puppy? Alaskan I did finally get to look through all your pictures. What a fabulous place to live!

down .2 to 373.9. Not much, but I'll take it, especially since yesterday was a rest day and the only exercise I got was walking the dog. I was high on calories yesterday to, around 1900. I have to keep reminding myself that my bmr is close to 3K so if I hit 2K in a day the world won't end. I'm glad that I went as low cal as I did in the beginning, I think it helped to shed the weight that I needed to lose to be able to move, but now I exercise so much it's not feasible.

Yesterday calories in: 1886
garlic sausage
cheese
salad with pickles, crab meat and cottage cheese
chicken thighs
asparagus
ice cream
broccoli
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote