Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Saturday

Went to WI this morning and was pleasantly surprised with a 2 pound loss! Even though I had a great week, I was expecting to see a maintain. I have to thank this challenge and Simcoe for helping me to put my eating and exercise needs before others.

No exercise today. We had really severe storms come through the area between 3:30 am and 5:30 am so sleep was disrupted. I've been off kelter all day as a result. I relented and turned on the A/C because the humidity is making me cranky.

Weekends are my challenge and I've given up trying to change them. Now don't go firing off a post just yet. Most times, we end up eating a late breakfast, eating more for breakfast than during the week or more eating out. Plus DH likes steak on Saturday night. Sunday usually works about the same and mostly its a two meal day. Its been too hard to get DH to change. SO! How I compensate is to keep my points (on WW) low during the week and plan for the higher point days on Saturday and Sunday. I also try to earn my max exercise points so that I have a good bank built up. That allows me to eat with DH. I do try to slim down the meals we have without interfering with his steak. Although, I do have trouble doing my exercises even though I have great intentions for lots of physical activity. Maybe I need an evil ******* trainer!! The real I fight is the mindless eating when its gloomy out or I don't feel good. Banked points help with that too. Its still a struggle but this method helps me feel more in control.

Tomorrow we're having tacos down at mom's. That way I can limit my meat and cheese and load up on lettuce and tomatoes. I also bought special shells that are low in WW points so I get to have my shells too! Its a two-hour drive so I may not get much exercise. If not, I'll be back at it hard on Monday.

Have a great Mother's Day!
Old 05-10-2003, 09:17 PM   #77  
Empress/Queen

Yo! I think I can come back now! (Cheers, huzzahs not necessary!!!! ) Figured out why I have a problem with this site computer wise and it's not dangerous (computerwise).

Doing wonderfully on my challenge ... hoping for a scale victory tomorrow but don't really care since my smaller size jeans are already loose, my sugar cravings are gone and my exercise and eating habits vastly improved.

I'll be back!

Welcome, Eydie and anyone else I missed. Woo-hoo!

Have to continue working, way behind!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 07:46 AM   #78  
Hot Stuff

Amarantha is back!!! Amarantha is back!!! Glad you've re-joined us!

Just did the official Sunday morning weigh-in, and Demon Scale must be feeling guilty about depriving me because I'm down to 177!! That's 2lbs lost! 10 more to go for my challenge goal.

Had coffee with a new friend yesterday at a to-die-for coffee and dessert shop....and just had a cup of coffee. NSV!

determined to succeed....that's what long-term, realistic weight loss is all about....making it fit in your lifestyle, otherwise you're bound to fail. Life is gonna happen, we can't stop it, so we have to adjust and learn to work with it. There is NO reason why you can't enjoy steak on Saturdays or bigger breakfasts on the weekends (we do that one, too). You just have to work it in, and you are so don't feel like you're doing anything wrong! It's whatever works for you that's going to help you succeed!

Robin H, sorry about the truck breakdown...at least it's under warranty still!

Eydie...fried cheesecake on a stick? Hadn't ever heard of that one....and don't think I want to experience it!

Let's have a sensational Sunday! Happy Mothers' Day to all, whether your kids are human, furry, feathered, reptilian, or fish!
Old 05-11-2003, 08:35 AM   #79  
deleted2

No, Wildfire--I just made up the fried cheesecake--I hope it doesn't actually exist somewhere in this crazy world. Altho I did see big chunks of chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick for sale somewhere. Shock and awe.......

Did very well yesterday on my trip to the big city. Have recorded it in my journal. Don't know what my calorie count was for the day but by the end of the day I was still able to purchase some tight, admittedly way-too-young-for-me jeans and feel good about it! [Mid-life Crisis?]

Ahh, Sunday. My day for a big late breakfast, so I'm going for it! Sweet potato-cornmeal pancakes w/ strawberries and real maple syrup. Couple of soy sausages on the side, and as much coffee as I want. I usually take Sundays off as far as exercise goes, but today I'll do some, but nothing too heroic--maybe some yoga, Pilates, and weights. That's the plan anyway....

Old 05-11-2003, 10:43 AM   #80  
Empress/Queen

Smile Editing, editing, editing ...

Ok, bought a scale that does NOT measure .2s of a pound and is of the kind I weighed on the week before I started this SO, I readjusted starting weight to reflect the way this scale weighs and then I weighed myself on this scale (twice) and it says I've lost two pounds! So I'm declaring a two pound loss ... whether that is ultimate universal truth depends on how you look at it, but that's the way I'm looking at it!!! My new jeans are loose, my back has muscles on it and I look thinner, fitter and just altogether more gorgeous, SO I AM SUCCEEDING! The trainer at the gym says when you add a lot of muscle, you have to really lose a ton of fat before it registers on the scale and I think I HAVE added a ton of muscle.

I'm beginning to think the every day weighers have a point ... at least there's no surprises when you do it that way. Maybe I'll do so or at least go to twice a week.

Everyone here is doing wonderfully. Hope to get back in the bootcamp mode anon!!!!

It's my day off from BFL and I'm going to eat a doughnut! Hoorah! Over and out, campers!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-11-2003 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:04 PM   #81  

Smile

Happy Mother's Day and congrats to all of us on our losses and for doing our very best to stay on target

I have not reported since Thursday night, because Friday I was sooooo tired and did not have the energy . My daughter is on a power cheerleading team and yesterday we had our final competition. It is at a big themepark in the area and it is called Canada's Wonderland and is full of greasy, gooey and yummy treats. We were out from 7:30 am until 9:30 pm and even though I ate stuff I would normally not eat, I stayed in my calorie range and got in LOTS of walking (over my 10,000 steps) so all in all, I will call it a success.

Out for a yummy Mother's Day dinner tonight at a restaurant tonight where I know I can have a healthy dinner and even though it is raining out here, I hope to get outside today.

Way to go everyone. Enjoy your day. Welcome back Amarantha.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:42 PM   #82  
Empress/Queen

Smile Program Free Day Report

Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!!! I must apologize that in my haste to post about the new scale I failed to say thanks for the welcome back and HUZZAH!!! for those campers who recently reported losses!!!!

In point of fact, a general HUZZAH should go out to us all as WE ARE PRIMED AND READY TO SUCCEED!!!! I know I personally am and feel EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS BOOTCAMP IS SIMILARLY POISED FOR THE ULTIMATE FITNESS SUCCESS!!!

Sheesh, we're so great it's scary!

My Free Day Report: Yup, I had a FREE EATING DAY AND ZERO EXERCISE!!! (It's a workday for me and off-topic I'd like to report that I finally finished the story from heck and turned it in! On topic, I feel getting my work caught up when I wanted to sleep will result in decreased cortisol and MAYBE my metabolism will finally click in and allow me to burn a few ounces of fat by next week).

Over and out! You see, I can be brief. Really. Let's all go into the week with an extraordinary KICK-A** ATTITUDE and kick some b*** outta this town!

Such language, Amarantha.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-11-2003 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:54 PM   #83  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation

And let's not even THINK about fried cheesecake on a stick!

Old 05-12-2003, 01:58 AM   #84  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Saturday Report

Congrats to all who have lost!!! Way To Go!!

I think I'll get on the scale this week sometime. My jeans are looser, and Im about 1/2 way to using the next notch on my belt

Today was an extremely tough day eating wise.....battling bordum eating. But I did it. One hour at a time !!

Ended up with carbs and calories right on, but I didnt get any walking in due to the storms.

Only 36 more lbs, Only 36 more lbs, Only 36 more lbs!! I can do this!

Night
Old 05-12-2003, 09:44 AM   #85  
Empress/Queen

Just catching up on posts I missed and LOVED Eydie's idea a few pages back about declaring exercise plans for the day, so:

My exercise plan is to go to gym and do my upper body day. I will also stick like glue to the eating plan I wrote up last night, which will bring me in at an under-1500 calorie count (although counting calories is not part of BFL, but I do it anyhow). Working in mountains tonight but will report on SUCCESS later!!!

AND I WILL SUCCEED!!!

Old 05-12-2003, 10:39 AM   #86  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Smile Week #2 complete!

I did pretty well, I was hoping for a 3 pound loss, but I'll take whatever I can get!

Weight 04/28/03: 316.2 (Challenge start)
Weight 05/05/03: 311.6
Weight 05/12/03: 309.8
Week #2 Loss: 1.8 pounds
Total Loss: 6.4 pounds

I did go over on my calories Friday night, but I was out with friends and knew I would. Too many calories again Saturday, but I was being stupid - I worked out with the trainer HARD on Saturday morning without eating first, and then waited too long after I worked out to eat something, so by the time I finally had food, I was ravenous!! Yesterday I did really well, but no exercise.

Oh well, I am on track weight loss wise to reach my 12-week goal!

Today's Plan:

Food - 1300 calories
Exercise - 1 hour with the trainer, 10 minute warmup on the Elliptical
Water - 160 oz
Misc - Take the puppy for a walk tonight if it's not raining.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend, and here's to a successful week for us all!!
Old 05-12-2003, 06:23 PM   #87  

Red face

Hi everyone. Hard to get back to the regular routine after a nice relaxing Mothers Day. Went out with the hub and kids for dinner and although I went over my calories, I was not where near as bad as I would have been. Stayed away from the high fat and fried stuff. So calories were high, but I did it, I own it, and get on with it.

Hubby is very supportive and bought me a new bike for mothers day because I ride so much and the old bike was falling apart.

Today was back to program and tonight is aerobics. I will weigh in tomorrow am after the aerobics from tonight has kicked in and I am looking forward to hopefully a 1lb loss.

Talk to you then.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:10 PM   #88  
Hot Stuff

Had planned to get on the treadmill tonight, but my back is saying otherwise. Time to go back to the doc and tell her the medication worked while I was on it, but everything is back the way it was again. Just having one of those days, nothing is going right!

Today is done, aside from exercise. Tomorrow will be better.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:17 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Reporting in!

Mother's Day went well. We had tacos as planned and was in control. We worked hard mowing and weedeating her yard so I got in some unexpected exercise. Good for her and good for me! I did eat a couple of brats that DH brought home from his mother's day meal. No feeling guilty. They were too good!!

Today, food was good. We're having seafood and salad tonight. I did my own weedeating and walked the dog tonight. All the work yesterday has my bad hip sore so I had to walk a tad bit slower.

I only weigh-in at WW every other Saturday morning. I'm setting my behavior towards a 3 pound loss in two weeks. I'm drinking water, working in more veggies, cutting back on starchy carbs and not forgetting to exercise.

About time to eat! Have a great tomorrow!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:54 PM   #90  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Monday Report

Very tough day today, its the last day of my weekend, and tomorrow, I can get back to routine. I managed to get in too few calories, and too many carbs Been wanting sugar, so I have been eating fruit instead. Just abit too much today I think.

Still havent gotten any exercise in, the weather has been really bad......and yes I know Ive been saying I'll get the weights out and start....and yes tomorrow is the day!!! Right after my workout in the morning I will post here (keeps me honest)

I think I need hubby to stand over me with a whip to get me going (hey that might be fun )

Have a great op day tomorrow!!

Robin
Closed Thread