Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #151  
Empress/Queen

No help, General Punkin, the BABs were waiting for me when I walked out the door to go shopping. Food is BAD today, due to influx of BABs. On the plus side, I ran on treadmill 40 minutes WITHOUT HOLDING ONTO THE BARS (a huge breakthrough for me).

Maybe it'll all even out.

Not working today, after I make one phone call then need to go read.

That's my report for Thursday.

Will be back sometime!
Old 05-22-2003, 08:59 PM   #152  

Good for you Amarantha...little victories sure do mean alot!

Had a good day also, ate well and did the aerobics thing. Just a short report tonight, off to put my feet up
Old 05-22-2003, 09:42 PM   #153  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thursdays report

doing good with the calories and carbs, managed to cut back on the peanuts, and finished off the bag. I wont buy any more!! Simcoe, Ive seen those soynuts in the health food store, I just might try them out.

Carbs and calories are good, and got my 2 walks in. Even got hubby to come with me for the second one, and did about 5 min of rollerblading lol (Im still learning)

Night all
Robin
Old 05-23-2003, 09:44 AM   #154  

Just a quick report on Friday a.m. - milestone reached. My BMI is finally below 31 which means I am no longer technically "obese" and just "overweight". I never thought I was see myself as obese, and once I was there, never thought I would never get back to just being overweight.

It truly is amazing what these small milestones mean.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:51 AM   #155  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Way to go simcoe!!!
Old 05-23-2003, 10:08 AM   #156  
Is it Friday yet?

Way to go Simcoe!!!!!

I've done absolutely no exercise this week (with the exception of a not-so-fast walk with Mom last night) but food wise I've been very, very smart and cut back just a tad to make up for the lack of movement. This week's just not been conducive to anything other than introspective thought.

Next week though I'll be back to the bellydancing General Punkin!!!

See you all on Tuesday! Happy Memorial day!

Terri
Old 05-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #157  
Empress/Queen

WTG, Simcoe!!! Step by step, you are getting to where you want to go!!!

My report on food is lackluster again. Just haven't been sticking to the program. Going for it again today, though it be a graduation night (heck for reporters), I'm GOING TO GET BACK ON TRACK! Not expecting a happy weigh-in on Sunday, but will KEEP GOING FORWARD TO VICTORY OVER THE BAB!

Exercise this a.m. was lower body and it was fairly tame. More into aerobics right now, but felt good I at least got the session in. Did not enjoy the gym or the people at all today. Not meaning this as a negative report (since negativity is NOT allowed in our camp, campers!!!)

General Punkin, a slow walk counts as exercise!!! I believe slow easy and meditative exercise is sanctioned by every exercise sanctioning authority in the Land o' Fit Folk! It releases bad chi from the body or something!

Robin, the soynuts are good. Also, have you had edamame (fresh or frozen young soybeans ... the Japanese call them "sweet beans" and eat them as a snack ... they're really good ... you cook them and pop the beans in your mouth to snack or can add to recipes)?

To all mentioned and unmentioned campers, avanti!!!!

Old 05-23-2003, 10:34 PM   #158  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Fridays Report

Today was a terrible eating day, but on the good side, I got my walk in before it started to rain.

Sunday Im off to the health food store that has these soynuts your talking about, and I'm going to give them a try.

Its only 36 more days before I see my "x" and I just NEED to look my best! Ive been stuck on this same 5lbs for about a month, and if anyone has any advice on how to kick everything up a notch....I would certainly love to hear it.

Here is what Im doing....atkins, phase 2,(30-50 carbs a day, and no more than 1700 cal a day) and walking....depending on weather, 2x a day. Just started rollerblading..only about 5 min at a time until my ankles get used to it.

Simcoe, good for you!!! Be proud girl, youve done some very hard work to get here!

Thats about it in my small corner of the world.
Night
Robin
Old 05-23-2003, 11:35 PM   #159  

Robin, I can totally relate to hitting a plateau . It was a drag!!! I really pushed the exercise up and that did it for me. When I was stuck I joined the gym, and right afterwards, I lost 2lbs. Your body gets used to the same exercises and the same foods, so if you switch things around a bit, you may get back on track. Just a suggestion, but it worked for me.

My day was good, did the gym thing, caved in and had fries with dinner...they were so good Things do taste better when you only have them once in a while.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:08 AM   #160  
Empress/Queen

My report: A perfect eating day and a lackluster lower body day at gym, but feel back in control of food!!!

Robin: Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Kemo Sabe, I've been stuck on a plateau for approximately a year! However, previously it was rather easy for me to lose 100 pounds (before it started to sneak back on). During that original weight loss, I did hit plateaus about every three months. I agree with Simcoe that changing any element of your diet or exercise can help. Also, oddly, what worked time and time again was to start eating more (healthy) fat for awhile, especially peanut butter. If I added some peanut butter into each day, I started to lose again.

Oddly enough, again, I recently read in a popular women's mag that coconut oil is being touted as the latest miracle thyroid (e.g. weight loss) cure. According to the story, a study found that coconut oil can do as well as medication at correcting thyroid deficiency and that people (including the actress profiled in the story) lost significant weight adding the oil (as well as coconut in other forms) to their diet. They cooked with it and one added it to protein shakes and they also used it in salad dressings, if I recall.

Some things to keep in mind: This was a popular mag and not a scientific source, it cited ONE study (there's probably lots more about this on the web, but I haven't bothered to look it up), and also coconut oil is loaded with saturated fat, so even if it helped the thyroid and helped with resistant weight loss, one could develop clogged arteries by using it. I don't know if it'd be bad for just a short period, though, or if its health benefits would outweigh the clogging thing. I'd ask the doctor if I were going to use it.

That said, I actually tried to find coconut oil in stores but couldn't. One health food store said they'd put me on a waiting list as they had a shipment coming in and so many people wanted it because of the magazine article. Anoher health food store said they also had received a lot of requests but didn't plan on stocking it.

Anyhow, I wonder if it'd help just to eat something with coconut in it everyday for a week? Hmmm.

Avanti, campers!!!

Old 05-24-2003, 10:30 AM   #161  
Empress/Queen

Default ANNOUNCEMENT

YO!!!! YO!!!! YO!!!! CAMPERS, IT IS TIME FOR TPS (TOTALLY POSITIVE SATURDAY)!!!! AS A SPECIAL FUN CHALLENGE, THE BOYS IN THE CAMP ACROSS THE RIVER ARE CHALLENGING THE GIRLS TO A WHOLE DAY OF THINKING ONLY POSITIVE FITNESS AND WEIGHT ISSUE THOUGHTS, BELIEVING THAT IT'S POSITIVELY POSSIBLE TO STAY MORE OR LESS ON PROGRAM DURING THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND, EXPRESSING ONLY POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND SUPRESSING ALL FEARS THAT THE BAB WILL TAKE OVER BEFORE TUESDAY!!!!

Oh, was I shouting? Sorry! The sign-up sheet is over by the TALL PINE TREE OF POSITIVE FITNESS RESOLUTIONS, which is located (in case you don't know) in the center of camp by the bulletin board. The says she is taking it as a given that everyone is signed up for this, even if they don't report in!

Let's go out there and show those boys across the river what us girls can do! Let's BANISH THE BAB and send some floating across the river to take up residence in the boys' camp!

Ok?

Ok, the says she's assuming that's ok!!!

Woo-hoo, here we go!!!

Old 05-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #162  
Empress/Queen

P.S. I'M TAKING THE LIBERTY OF STARTING THREAD NUMBER TWO FOR US!!!! I HOPE NO ONE MINDS! THIS IS JUST TOO LONG! I'M GOING TO REPOST THE 's ANNOUNCEMENT THERE AND HOPE ALL WILL NOT POST HERE BUT POST THERE, IN OTHER WORDS, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE. THANKS!!
Old 05-24-2003, 10:39 AM   #163  
Empress/Queen

I'm going to post a second thread, if no one minds. This one seems to be getting too long to load quickly. Hope that's ok. Thanks.
Closed Thread