Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 4/22/12

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-29-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #2  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

Hi all!! I am still 177/176 lbs...It seems like I will lose a couple of lbs and then I will stay that way for a couple of days... Then I will lose a couple again... Yesterday I ate eggs for breakfast w/ a banana...then grilled chicken wings and brocolli (I chose the lowest calorie item that they had on the menu....surprisingly the salads aren't that low in calories)...then for dinner I had sweet potatos, squash & grilled chicken...another banana, grapes and a handful of raw cashews... so far today I had a weight watchers egg mcmuffin sandwich and a banana....I only drink water.....I haven't exercised for a couple of days because my muscles were extremely sore....so tonight I will do my walking/jogging around the neighborhood...
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm down a smidge. I'll take it, gladly, due to a higher calorie day and TTOM.

Calories for yesterday: 1855 +
Weigh In: 148.2 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Kathydee I'm glad you were able to find a pair of shorts. Your meals always sound so good.

Misti Hi Welcome back! The B & B sounds great! I think I would move in!

Cbressler I did an upper body workout on Friday. I am still sore this morning. It's insane that I actually pay money for these workouts and torture myself like that.

Itsmyturn That heat sounds awful there! In the Summer we get the heat plus humidity. I'm not sure how humid it is there. I guess hot is hot. People often complain with the heat and humidity here of not being able to breath. It's hasn't gotten like that yet this year. Our high has only been 95, so far. It sounds like you and I are both science experiments. I can't wait to hear everything that you figure out. I am so happy that you are on to something with this. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-22-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone!

At WI I was down 1.8. I am happy but a little sad too. I figure being such a high weight I should lose more per week. I remember when I did this 12 years ago I lost more per week. But then again I was in my 30's not my 40's. I am on plan and I guess that is what counts. I feel better for sure. I just don't know what is normal meaning to lose over 100 pounds how long should it take and so forth. I am moving on.

Itsmyturn
We are far from conventional as well.

My DH lost his job recently and is looking for jobs but I give him credit he posted around and has found cash jobs detailing cars, cleaning and waxing cars, painting and the like. Just wish it was more consistent. He has a job interview on Wednesday so please think of him all. He does most of the housework and I am happy with that. We both cook but we do not eat the same food most of the time but try to plan our meals at the same time when possible. He is a red meat lover and I do not eat red meat.

Mamakat
It is a relief to go away and know your pets are in good hands.

I do not think I can holiday this year but overall I am pretty content.

Breakfast
2 cups coffee with light cream (2)
2 boiled eggs (4)

1/2 kit kat (4)

Will have a big salad for lunch with some type of protein (tinned fish or walnuts with apples)
Dinner will likely be my lazy cabbage roll casserole again. Oops another cabbage night.

Have a good day everyone.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #5  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm home, hopefully things will get on schedule again. My rats are huge now, OMG, they grow fast. They're still excited as ever to see us, so funny that they even care. My dog, oi, she was insane with happiness. She wouldn't settle down for an hour. The lil girl was here to welcome us home and help bring in the luggage. I wish my DD was this sweet, holy cow, what a shock to the system

We stopped to visit niece and kids yesterday. So funny, we hit farm country and thought we got lost. She lives on a beef farm if you knew her, you'd be laughing. So not a farmer type. I immediately bonded and played with the kids 8 & 6. My two looked at me like I was insane because I got down on the floor and played Bay Blades with the boy then we made zombie candy from a toy he got at Christmas. I even ate (tiny bites) the icky scary candy (which he loved watching me do). My DD kept saying it had sugar. I told her sometimes you have to do things that you wouldn't normally do to please children and boy was he pleased to see me eat a spider. He loved teaching my son and I how to put the blades together and how to spin them (they were just tops) while son looked me like I must be stupid if I didn't know without his help. I later explained, children love to teach adults. When we left, the boy not only hugged me but wrapped his legs around mine and said, he wasn't going to let me go. So, if you ask me, I did great with the kids. The lil girl took me and DD on a tour of the cow farm and told all about them. Too funny, the cows are like my rats (there's a lot and they follow your every move). So I think the trip was a success. I even 'friended' my niece on facebook I don't have many, but most of them know me and my history (which DH was nice enough to tell her all about while I played with her kids). Oh and the lil boy loved playing with my wig, he loved that I didn't have that much hair and he even took a picture with me wearing my wig which I posted on facebook so all my in-laws could see their youngest nephew with his auntie's wig on

I got on the scale this morning 189.6 way lower than I thought it would be. Let's hope is sticks for tomorrow's weigh in. And I did two load of wash last night. I will finish them this morning with my coffee.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Friday night was the Realy for Life walk. All I can say is Wow. If you have never been apart of one and you have the chance to, take it! I walked probably about 5 miles total. Felt sore and tired but it was all worth it for those fighting, remembering or taking care of those that can't take care of themselves. I will def do it again next year! I was proud of myself yesterday. Despite working all day Friday and then doing the relay and not getting home until a little before midnight, I had to get up at 630 Saturday morning. I told myself i need to go to the gym but I didn't want to. Well I went anyway and I worked out for a little over an hour! That's the longest I've been at the gym and it felt so good! Dentist appointment tomorrow to get one of the fillings done. Kinda nervous. But I'm sure all will go well.

ItsMyTurn Congrats on the lbs lost! That's awesome! Sorry about your DH lossing his job. Prayers def being sent. Maybe with his upcoming new job you will be able to spend more time with him! Unless he strickly wants to work those hours. I was feeling kinda lucky getting away with just 2 fillings but man I really don't want them! He said something about the one on the left side will be white but he didn't say anything about the one on the left. He's also out of my network on my ins. but I've been going to him forever and I don't want to find another one so I guess I'll pay the price...literally! Have you talked to your nourtisionist to tell her about the loss yet? If so what did she say?
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #7  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Last week 288
This week 281

Down 7 pounds!

I walked/hiked 3-4 times for 30 minutes throughout the week.

I don't count calories because all I eat are fresh veggies, fruits, beans/legumes, and a few nuts/seeds. The goal is to eat 1 pound fresh green vegetables, and 1 pound cooked vegetables a day. I don't eat any processed foods, breads, cheese/dairy, or meat. I also don't use sugars, be it real or sweeteners, and I don't use oil.

I start my days with a smoothie with a salad worth of greens (kale and spinach), 1-2 carrots, 3 servings fruit, flax seeds, and either soy or almond milk.

Lunch I usually have a big salad with other veggies, some beans, nuts/seeds, and fruit.

Dinner is usually cooked veggies and more fruit.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #8  

Thanks Diana for continuing to post these threads, they are quite helpful ;-).

Started the day out well

Bkfast
Small bowl cereal,lowfat milk
some frozen mango.

Have a craving for fresh off the tree mango that I might just satisfy :-)
And hope to do some exercise today - in fact it's cloudy so think I go out for a morning walk before the sun pops out.

Have a great day everyone!
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #9  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Kathy - Have you had a chance to browse online for the lycra shorts? You may have better luck looking at like EBay (since you are looking for budget priced) then in person there??

Misti - Welcome back, nice to see ya!

Diana - In the desert this time of year our humidity is pretty much non-existent. In Maine we used to have terrible humidity, but here it's all dry heat and doesn't feel the same as 103 would there by any means - still hot though, LOL. We do seem to be a cut out of the mold, so to speak. Your reactions are allergy related and mine seem to be sensitivity - both suck!

Plucky - Your DH will definitely be in my thoughts Wednesday. Sure hope he nails it and gets the job!!!!

Mamakat - I think this was the first time I ever heard cows put in comparison with rats, Glad you enjoyed!!!

Katie - I still say that's an awesome trip to the dentist; sucks that he isn't in network though. I hate when I have someone I like and they aren't in network, the cost difference is amazing. I haven't talked to nutritionist yet, next appointment is a month away and I will so be hoping to have even MORE progress to tell her about by then!!! Wish me luck on that Thank you for the prayers for DH. We were having him work nights so he could be utilized for the kids' appointments, but now those have decreased. I only need him working part time, but DO need him to be working part time in order to fill in some gaps that my paycheck won't cover. Not for luxuries either... unless electric and such are luxuries? One door closes, another opens though - somewhere... and since we are faithful people, we believe for whatever reason, this is in the big "plan" for the scheme of things
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #10  

Itsmyturn - thanks, but it's mx here and I don't even have a delivery address :-). Will be home in 3 weeks - these will due till then

Lunch was ok
A bowl of SW Black Bean fat free chili and a few slices of turkey ham for protein and a piece of sunflower grain bread (A little too much)
Then made a mango smoothie with fresh mangos - was bigger than I expected but drank it anyway.

Last night I wore an outfit that shows off my new leaner figure - this lady noticed the weight loss and kept telling me not to loose more weight and publicly encouraging me to eat fattening foods. But she is a bit overweight and out of shape herself. Really urks me when others don't mind their own business and give advice. So many people are comfortable with bodies that slowly deteriorate over time. I am almost back to my happy weight and fitness. But she kept insisting that I eat, exercise less - maybe from jealousy? I tried to tell here that I'm an athlete and have different fitness standards, require more exercise to do these sports, have more muscle than the average women and am being encouraged to take fitness to the next level by in instructors. She really didn't understand. Anyway, i think it affected me cause portions seem too large today - or it might be that time of the month. Regardless of the excuse, my stomach is full from eating too much lunch and I need to stop before the overeating justifies more grazing.

Last edited by kathydee; 04-22-2012 at 04:37 PM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #11  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Kathy - I have no doubt that was her advice out of purely not understanding. If she had been through fitness, understood the dynamics of it, then she would have the knowledge to congratulate you and not do the opposite. Please don't allow her lack of knowledge to get to you. If her lifestyle is all she has ever known, people around her are the same, then she would have no way of knowing that you are "healthy" doing what you are doing You keep up the great work and stay on the track you are on... you are rocking it!!!!

It was 95 before I got enough gumption to get out for my run. OMG... mental note to self, go before it's that hot. My heart rate was up beyond where the dr says is safe for me and I know it's just cause the heat made it work harder. I did walk when needed to bring it back to acceptable level again, but oops, my bad for going when I did. LOL! Now have my bathing suit on, DH is blowing up my float, and it's time for me to reap rewards of my work and just sun and pool!!! Woohoo!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 146/138/120

Height: 5'2 1/4

what a great thread! Hope it's ok if I join! (this is kinda what I've been waiting for!)
**p.s. @kathydee-the idea of a mango shake right now actually made my mouth water

Sooo today starts my "let's get this moving" phase.Starting weight 128 as of Friday, but binged all weekend so guessing closer to 132 (will check today)

My goals: maintain intake of 1200 calories a day and hit the gym 4 times this week. The gym is an easy tackle for me, but keeping my binging under control is the challange!

So far today:
Breakfast- 1 apple, 1 orange and green tea
Lunch-2 whole eggs over easy and 1 whole wheat toast
Snack- baby carrots with hummas
dinner (plan)- veggie burger with no bun covered in grilled veggies and side salad (homemade dressing)

gym- 1 hr on eliptical=600 calories burned
30 mins weight training

Off to a good start...let's hope I can keep it up!!!

Last edited by aleigh3890; 04-22-2012 at 05:09 PM.
aleigh3890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone!

Good to see so many of you keeping up the good work!!! Way to go!

Diana, LOL I have just about moved in to the B&B, ha... well at least I sure make myself at home when I am there. I first went about 4 years ago and immediately hit it off with the innkeepers and staff so they have kind of adopted me as family. I just got home and have to head back to the real world tomorrow. Congragts on being down a bit... every little bit counts, ha

cbressler, it sounds as if you are doing a great job of sticking on plan. You are so right that we really have to watch those salads, as some of them can be worse than the other items on a menu!

pluckypear, you are right in that it often does take longer to lose weight as we get older. But your 1.8 sounds really good; just keep up the good work.

mamakat, super news that you are down more than you expected. That is always a pleasant surprise!!

Katie, how wonderful that you were able to do the Walk for Life. Way to go. And hey, you are getting pretty close to Onederland!!! Woot!

Laifierr, wow 7 pounds. That's great. All that walking and healthful eating is really paying off big time for you. Congrats.

Kathydee, great start to your day!! Your lunch sounds super too. I understand what you mean about people being so negative when you are doing what is right. Usually when we are eating "all wrong" people don't say a word and it is popular even to joke about "oh I shouldn't have" -- but get on a super eating plan and start showing it, and the nay-sayers come out of the woodwork!! Just have to consider the source and not let it get to us. I have learned how to shut them up while still not being rude though... I *laugh* (the key) and say "You're getting kind of *personal* aren't you?" Trust me, it works.

ItsMyTurn, thanks for the welcome. I see you are well into Onederland. Way to go!

Aleigh, welcome!! Yes, this is a great thread. I've been gone awhile myself and just back but I know how friendly everyone is. Please feel free to just jump right on in.

This is long so will post my day's food and stuff on a separate message.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Pluckypear Congrats on the 1.8 pounds! I lost weight very slowly. It took me 3 years and 4 months to get to my goal. Just learn your new lifestyle. It may take more time, but hopefully when you get to goal, it will be a part of your life. No adjustments needed.

Mamakat Welcome back home! Enjoy your bed, shower, and coffee pot!

Katie Great job on that workout at the gym! Good luck at the dentist tomorrow. Sending you calming vibes. :

Laifierr Great job on the 7 pounds!

Kathydee I still need to try the frozen mango. I'm sure it won't be as good as one fresh off the tree. Sounds delish!

Itsmyturn Take it easy with that heat! The pool sounds awesome. Do you have issues with the pool water being too warm?

Aleigh Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Keep up the great work!

Misti Why oh why do we have to get back to the real world? Have a great week!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1435 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories