Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #46  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Great workout in the gym. I don't usually get to see myself in the mirror (not that I like to) and it's weird. I can see I'm keeping up. I can see I look strong, but I also see my blubber and I hate that!

Though, my loose skin is slowly shrinking up. Not sure it will ever go away, but I can tell it's getting better as time goes by - which is good.

And I got a walk in - I'm serious about this goal!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 178/175/138

Height: 5'6"

I should be getting my order from Diet Direct tomorrow....ready to start on the 2-week Wonderslim program!! I did try to "start" getting on the plan today by tracking my calories (I am using Livestrong's "My Plate" program from keeping track of calories and activity). I'm trying to lose about 2 pounds a week, so I have to keep my net calories (after activity) around 1200/day. I was good today and had 132 calories left to spare (since I took kickboxing tonight!). I also drank like 96 oz. of water!

Has anyone on here tried diet pills? I bought Oxyelite pro but then I read that you can have major problems if you take anti-depressants/SSRI's. Plus you have to make sure to drink a ton of water and have NO additional caffeine when you are taking the pills. It scares me, so I am taking them back or giving them to my husband to use. One step at a time...I want to do this without the assistance of possibly addicting diet pills!
ashkunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #48  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Today OP Tonight OP

Today's Menu
FF Cheese Omelet, Pineapple 152
Lazy Cabbage, Raspberry Greek Yogurt 393
Pineapple Cottage Cheese, Lazy Cabbage 408
Portabella 'Shroom Caps (2), Broiled Peppers/Onion, Blackened White Shrimp (6), Cranberry Juice, Frozen Kefir 508
Total: 1461

Water 72 oz
K9 Walk with Hill Intervals 248
Abwork 180 reps YES! They are burning!!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 11-07-2011 at 10:29 PM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

@ashkunc I once took hydroxycut for 3 months back in 06 and I can't say it helped or hurt me lose weight as at the time I was working out daily for at least 1.5 hours a day. (which I must assume actually caused my weightloss) I will say, I regret taking the stuff since all that came out with hydroxycut causing heart problems. This time around, I have lost 20 pounds with just counting calories and exercising. I don't think you need diet pills to help you out. :| That stuff is not regulated, you never know what's really in them. I would go back in time and tell my younger self not to take any diet pills.

Anyway if you decide to take them, I would just do it very short term. Def not a long term solution.

Also diet pills get expensive! I would just spend that cash on the food.
solarplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #50  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Ash- I have taken oxyelite, it did give me a boost for my morning workouts, but combined with my birth control it made me sick.. I'd say you're just fine without it!

Had a good day, worked out and made a healthy coconut shrimp for dinner! In trying to be a better homemaker so I was pretty proud of myself today. ;-) 2 days of binge free down!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #51  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

I think we have lots of new members being accountable! Everyone is doing great! Stay accountable and lose the weight.

I stepped on the scale Monday afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised to see my 170 again and a few peeks at the scale saying 169. I am staying on plan. Twenty pounds lost since the end of August! I need to stay the course!

I am still calorie counting, in fact it has become a habit! There has been a a few surprises when I checked the calories after eating and I have since learned that the liquid coffee creamer that is flavored is not worth the calories. Go for the lower calorie on cereals and ice cream. A ice cream cone is a good way to keep your portion under control. Going overboard on calories is not going to ruin you...but, it may take another week or two to lose that added weight.

Anyway, I am glad my weight is creeping.........down.

Last edited by WannaBeLoserAgain; 11-08-2011 at 04:43 AM.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #52  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hi, everyone!

Weigh in is stable at 164- think I can manage 2 more pounds down in three weeks? Yesterday was a decent day- I overindulged in some Sunchips but then I did an extra bit of cardio, so I evened out at my caloric goal. My muscles are definitely tired today.

The plan today-

Breakfast- Kashi Go Lean with milk and hot tea
Snack- mozzerella cheese stick
Lunch- salad with chicken, peppers, light balsamic vinaigrette
Snack (if needed)- a couple cups or popcorn, but I'll try to stick with my tea
Dinner- a small portion of baked spaghetti

Disney in 22 days. First Disney goal reached at 165. 2 more pounds to lose to reach second Disney goal. I can do it!

I hope everyone has a fabulous, on plan day!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #53  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Still - you can hit it!!!

Mamakat - Sorry to hear the doctor is so suspicious and stressing out your son

Diana - Olive Garden sounds yummy, been 2 yrs since I have gone there

I didn't get in a full workout last night, but did do a 20 min walk. It's not much in the scheme of things, but burned more calories than sitting on a couch I also got valuable time on the phone with my mother (hopefully will happen more now that there is only a 2 hr time difference with the east coast). It's my birthday today,but it won't pose a problem as I am just working and conducting life as normal.. way easier to control calories that way Weather is cold, but good and clear - so I will take it!!! Have a great day all!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #54  
Melissa

ItsMyTurn happy Birthday! I hope you do something to make your day feel at least a wee bit special!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #55  
Melissa

I guess dinner out didn't have a huge impact - GOOD, but I also didn't eat dinner last night. I worked out 5:30 to 6:30 and just didn't get hungry for dinner. Maybe I should work out in the evening more often! I ended the day with only eating 800 or so calories. Now, I don't plan to do that on a regular basis, but if I'm not hungry, I'm not hungry. There are plenty of other days I'm ravenous and eat more, so it all balances out.

Doing bodypump today and maybe working in the yard, but with that 1.8 pounds drop - it makes it that much closer to getting to goal, but it's still not my all time low. I need to get below 180 to reach that. Come on Melissa!!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #56  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Itsmyturn
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm glad I have given myself a weight range to work with. Geesh! I'm also glad to be 100% on plan, too. Gotta love (NOT!) that sodium!

Weigh In: 148.6
Up: 2.2 pounds
Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #58  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

ItsMyTurn Hope you have a great day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #59  

Diana, YOU got the sodium bomb yesterday Sorry about that!
Berry, you are doing great, can't wait to watch you meet your goals!
Still, you must be getting excited for your trip!
MyTurn,
Mamakat, if I don't do at least one load of laundry a day, I am drowning in it. I prefer to do 2 loads a day, that way if I am unable another day, I have some slack. Some people like to do a whole days worth, but not me, two loads a day is manageable.
K9, you are doing awesome with the ab work!
Wannabe, I know what you mean about some things not being worth calories, however, my coffee creamer is still worth the calories in my book, I love my cup of french vanilla coffee every morning and it is worth 75 calories every day!!!!!!! Yum!
Mustard, sorry you feel like you are losing control, maybe give yourself a little more slack on the normal days so you don't feel like you are so deprived. The weight will still come off.
Larry, way to reign yourself back in. Darn 205, it's a battle for sure!
Moondance, congrats on that pound. A pound is gold, take it and run with it!!!
Danzingurl, I laughed when I read you are trying to be a better homemaker, that is the story of my life! Great job with your workout and eating!
Ash, you can do this without the pills. You have to learn how to eat and move for maintenance to work anyways and that will obviously be pill free.
Solar, your plan is looking good!
Muse, good luck with the new meds, I hope they work for you!
Kayla, you lost a pound too! Congrats to you!

Phew, I haven't done personals in a while and have been just skimming to keep up lately, but it's like we say, personals are not a requirement (that was for all you newbies). Glad to see some new faces and that all you regulars are doing well too.

As for me, I am back to my low of 176.6 today!

I actually saw 174.8 yesterday afternoon right before my shower, and I only count the morning weights, but that was still pretty exciting. A new low would be very welcome this week!

Last edited by jomatho; 11-08-2011 at 07:30 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
As for me, I am back to my low of 176.6 today!

I actually saw 174.8 yesterday afternoon right before my shower, and I only count the morning weights, but that was still pretty exciting. A new low would be very welcome this week!
Jomatho Great job! I hope you see the new low very soon. I'm cheering for you!