Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 10:23 AM   #61  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I caved in to PMS last night and ate alot. I had ff ice cream,wow chips,and tons of M&M's! It wouldn't have been so bad if my damn mother in law would stop delivering junk(M&M's) to my house. I know she is trying to sabotage me!! She never buys things for the kids but ever since Jay told her that I am dieting she is bringing candy over everyweek! Not just a bar either...2 weeks ago it was 3 boxes of cookies and a 5 lb. bag of miniature candy bars and this week was 3 boxes of cheese and crackers and 3 huge bags of M&M's. As she hands them to me she tells me how her diet is going(nonexistent) So anyway...PMS sucks and I am back on track today.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:50 AM   #62  

Angie I just can't get over your MIL. Does she not like you? Have you had problems with her in the past?

I really hate being busy, I cna't get on here like I want to. I moved my office Friday, Sauturday we spent cleaning and then had friends over amd Sunday I painted one of my spare bedrooms. Yesterday was the day for one of my vendors to come in so I was swamped with nerw inventory. I guess I shouldn't complain because I am staying busy but I miss talking to all of you guys!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:56 AM   #63  

Thanks Kempyd! I had a pretty nice birthday. Dh took me out to breakfast and we went to the mall. I got two new tops. This weekend we are going to my favorite restaurant, Bravo. The closest one is in Cranberry, PA, a hour and a half drive. Needless to say, we only go a couple of times a year. Their Tiramasu (sp) is to die for! And I'm going to have a piece. I can't wait!
Congrats on your losses, you are charging right along!!
Angie, I'm sorry about your pms. I have those days where I just want to eat all day long too, I think we all do! You are doing so well though, don't worry about it and just look forward. My MIL hates me with a deep passion but she's one of those sickeningly-sweet-to-your-face kind of people. Makes me want to choke her. Luckily we only see her about once a month or less. We got married at 19 against her wishes and she still hates me for it. I coiuld care.
I did 4 miles on my treadmill this morning and I'm feeling pretty good. Last week I had a lot of minor aches and pains but they seem to be gone. Thank goodness, I don't know what I would do without my treadmill, I probably would have regained everything I loss last summer already!! Have a great one, TTFN,
Old 02-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #64  
Hardcore UFOs

Oh, Angie, I am with you girl! I am also PMSing and went a little overboard last night -- still within a reasonable count, but more than I needed, most definitely. Yep, we all have those days, and as long as we get right back on it, that's OK. It's when we leave and don't come back that's not so hot. :P

I'm just not expecting a lot from myself this week because of TOM. I'll try to exercise a little more and watch myself, but I'm not going to freak too much over indiscretions... though I would love to be down another 2.5 pounds by Saturday... we'll see!
Old 02-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #65  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks guys!! My MIL is like yours Serina, she acts all sweet to my face but I have heard things they say about me in the past. Some of it to my husband and about him as well. I am related to the Addams Family. They are both overweight alot and I don't think she likes it that I will lose it again. I could just hear her laughing when I gained it all back.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:21 PM   #66  

Default The dreaded PMS!

Is this PMS contagious? lol I'm also PMSing this week! I always get hungrier when PMS is around and I hate that! I used to worry that I was just going back to my old eating habits. But I found out soon enough that it's PMS and its over in a week. Since Saturday Ive been hungrier than usual. I would snack like 1 hour after eating lunch, I mean like crackers and a slice of ham, or a small bowl of FF WOW chips with diet soda. I have been doing very good this week even though I've had a few extra snacks but all lowfat or fatfree. I started to do the stairmaster at the gym. I do 1 hour on the elliptical and then I did 15 minutes on the Fat Burner Plus mode,intensity level #4 . ...whatever that means. I just know it totalled about 40 flights of stairs by the time I was done and it was only 98 calories. Not too shabby since I had just burned off 752 calories on the elliptical! I really feel my butt and back of my legs tightning up really hard when I did the stairmaster.
Angie I hate to say it ! But you are right! Your MIL is trying to sabotage your diet! This gets me sooo damn angry ! My mom used to do this to me alllll the time! She constantly brought steak,porkchops and sweet pies that she makes homemade.I asked for advice on what to say to my mom and how to say it. Everyone told me the same thing" Tell her how hard this is for you and her bringing these temptations in the house just makes things worse" Dont accept the bull that its for the kids and that the poor kids shouldnt be punished, or that you'e putting the kids on a diet? The first time I told my mom all she said was " oh brother" like it wasnt a big deal. The next time I got more upset and my eyes were watery when I told her if she had any idea how hard this was for me? She made it a point to say that she couldnt beleive how I gained so much weight etc... But when she finally saw that I was actually losing weight she felt it was ok to bring in all the fat stuff. Now she comments how thin I am and that I'm too thin for her taste yada yada... There is no pleasing her so I am pleasing myself ,that's what matters here..me. It might take 2-3 times that you tell her and she will finally get the damn hint not to bring that stuff to your house. Let her know you're not trying to starve your kids at home lol and that its ok for her to give them treats when they go over her house. I hate offending anyone and its so stressful to do it. But it will calm down after a while . Now my mom asks before bringing anything over. I still notice her trying to get me to try something she just cooked lol. But she's well aware that I am serious about maintaining my weight and that yes I do have to go to the Gym to maintain my current weight! well I guess that was some PMS talking and some of me talking!

ttyl@
Gen
Old 02-04-2003, 03:31 PM   #67  

Post up for the challenge!!

Hello all...

I'm already involved in a 19 week challenge, but wanted to break it down into smaller goals!!

I want to lose 10 lbs by the end of February. I have started watching what I eat. I also bought a treadmill to begin a workout program.

I will check in once a week and let everyone know how I'm doing...

Everyone keep up the great work!!! Every little bit helps to keep my motivation level HIGH.

I weighed in this morning at 228.5 lbs, so the goal is 218.5 by February 28th.

WE CAN DO IT... WITH EACH OTHERS HELP!!!
Old 02-05-2003, 07:59 AM   #68  
No Limit Souljah!!

ciao ladies,

I've been out of the loop because my server crashed for about a week.But Here I am now and i run into a room of PMS and battles with evil Mother in laws! Oh MY!!

I can't stay long, just wanted to say hi.

Angie, shame on your MIL. Stay strong, you're on you way, girl.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:53 AM   #69  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Baylee - you are so much more diplomatic than I am. I would take the M&Ms and walk over to the trash can and drop them in when she hands them to you. "Sorry, but we don't like to have that stuff in the house anymore."

Not really - but wouldn't her jaw drop? LOL

I think that walking over and putting everything in the freezer and saying that you're saving it for Halloween Trick or Treaters would work better than my method.

I'm also in the TOM/PMS week - so no loss, tho not for lack of trying. My portions have been slipping back up so I've been maintaining but need to get back to my 1200 a day and stay there to see some results later on this week. All of my small binges - 300 calories - have been low-fat or no fat so the damage is small - just keeping me from losing the next pound.

I *ALWAYS* see the same two weeks later at my ovulation. When I had bad bad bad migraines I would have two severe bouts a month - one two days before my period and another two weeks later. Now that I have them under control - I see the cycle on my daily weight log. I go up a couple pounds and stay there for three days or so - then drop down again.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #70  
Hardcore UFOs

Ladies,

I have been bad, bad, bad. Well, not too terribly bad in the big scheme of things, but just a bit cavalier lately -- and that is not good. Topped with TOM, it spells trouble.

I know that I am retaining water -- I can tell by the fit of my ring and my watch -- but I am disgusted at the 5 pound gain I am showing since Saturday! Can you believe that? 5 pounds in like, 4 days! Grrr! :P

See, I was getting cocky again! This has happened before and has served as a great wake-up call for me: time to redouble my efforts and get focused again. I'm not overly discouraged, as I know I will get back into it, and like my BF told me this morning, "This always happens to you! Don't you remember last month? You'll lose it all again next week, and more." Thank god for him and his wise words.

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. I hope everyone else is doing better than me!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #71  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi all. Hope everyone is well.

Angie. Really you are going to have to do something about your MIL. I suggest with enough postage you could mail her somewhere, or you could do the really great and adult things that Gennel and Baylee suggest Really great advise, guys!

Luckily my MIL loves me... but then she would probably think anyone is an improvement over my BF's scary ex-wife.

Serina. Happy belated B-Day!

Shar. Howdy!!

Baylee. What great advise about the food. I usually just end up putting it in the fridge (hidden in the back somewhere) until it rots and then throwing it away. It seems like such a waste, but better the garbage gets it than my thighs do.

Choci. That 5 lbs has to be a lot of water. Have you tried drinking more water and avoiding anything with salt in it? It will be OK. Yeah I find I go through periods of cockiness too and it can be a humbling experience. But don't panic... Wake up calls are sometimes necessary, don't you think?

Last edited by Madcat; 02-05-2003 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #72  

Hi Ladies,
Things are just trucking along for me this week. My new interval cardio workout is kicking my butt. It is also PMS week for me too, so I am craving the chocolate and retaining about 3lbs :P
Weird how that works.
we have 5 party sized bags of M&Ms in my office and they have been calling my name daily. Yesterday I had a mug of sugar free cocoa and that helped kill the cravings for a couple hours. I think I may have to break out the cocoa again today.

Be strong!
Claire
Old 02-06-2003, 05:19 PM   #73  

I sure am glad you're all here. I liked the advice for Angie. Many good ideas. I, personally, don't have any in-laws thanks to never being married and the fact that my ex-LTR never associated with his family. Now I know it's because they could never stand to associate with HIM.
I don't need a MIL to sabotage me anyway. I can do it to myself. My weekstarted out good, but yesterday I binged big time. And I started out that way this A.M. too. Last summer when I had gotten to this same weight, I ended up doing the same thing, only I didn't post or even lurk on this thread or site. It took me several months to decide to come back (after I'd gained back 10 pounds).
This time, I'm not going to let it turn me around. I may have gained back a little weight, but I'm starting fresh from here. I'm having a few "gastro-intestinal" problems today. Probably because among the things I binged on was raisin bran. I at a whole box between yesterday and today! Plus ice cream which in large quantities also causes me some unpleasant symptoms. I'll not get graphic. Just be glad I'm not connected to the internet via "smellophone". Tomorrow's another day (thank goodness!)

Jen
238/226(probably not, but I'm not checking now)/140
Old 02-06-2003, 05:31 PM   #74  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yeah, I really appreciate the advice. The junk food is all gone but I am still having bad PMS. I just ate 2 biscuits with supper. OOPS!! I went to Walmart today and bought 2 things of Blue Bunny fat free ice cream. Chocolate Brownie Sundae and Toffee Caramel Swirl. YUM. I am not really expecting much of a loss this week but hey, I lost 4 pounds last week so I didn't really expect much anyway. I will ride out the PMS as best I can and then get my *** in gear and stay strict next week.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:58 PM   #75  

Angry

Wow, thanks you guys! I haven't posted in a while because I too have had an embarressing week. Diet? I'm supposed to be on a DIET?
I'm coping with my ovulation problem this week. I'm constantly munching. I'm occasionally nauseous and I'm achy too. Complain complain. I'll get through it. Rusty, i'm glad to know there's someone else who has problems twice a month instead of only once. But I am still wondering WHY because this is relatively new for me. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having a tough week. So I'll hang in there and keep up with you guys!!
Closed Thread