Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #76  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Doing really great today, had oatmeal with raisins for breakfast, a half smoked turkey sandwich for lunch with spicy mustard, went to the gym for an hour (felt so great to get to the gym) now back at desk will have a small snack before heading home and for dinner ( and here is always my challenge the night time eating) having chicken, rice, and brussel sprouts so I just have be good and eat more of the sprouts to fill me up than the other stuff.

day 3 of binge free, hope I make through the end of the day
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

ish~ we're on the same page! i cant wait to be under 100kg, dont even know when/how i got over!
glad you're feeling better! hope you did well at the pot luck dinner. when are you weighing in btw? wed or thurs

still~ ty! 170!! woohoo, im dreaming of this number.

themilesaway~ ty! btw lets see a pic of the tat!

shishkeberry~ugh, i remember those painful night, maybe your little ones teething? julias 13m and she sleeps awesome now compared to a few months ago. it gets so much better!

berryblonde~ i weigh everyday as well. even if i see a small gain or loss, either way it helps me tweek what im doing. i dont like the once a month weighing, i find a lot of people fall short and dont lose as much as they expected. id rather weight daily and work harder if i need to. i dont usually get relaxed and eat worse/exercise worse if i lose, im the opposite. i get excited and motivated, and work harder!

shellsbrood!~ have a great vaca! im jealous! im in desperate need of a beachy vaca, but am still too wuss to travel with my daughter, shes set in her ways about naps/food/her toys/her bed! soon i hope, just a couple more months and shell be big enough to travel with. i have some friend in fl, i hope the heat wave passes while your there.

zoodoo!~ awesome, i would LOOOVE a market like that near me, i think id go nuts and have an organicgasm (lol)

everythings good here, went out with DH for lunch and split a dessert (planned). i felt very guilty after, but i know i need to diet/live a normal life. ive done well (11 pounds!) and had dessert. its ok! have to keep telling myself that...

Last edited by aggie2006; 05-24-2011 at 03:48 PM.
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #78  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

@aggie, that's probably it. She's cutting two right now that I can see.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #79  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

WHEW! Been MIA for longer than normal. Today's weigh in. Have had a GREAT week, I think....saw a new low this morning 195.8....I know I won't see that at meeting tonight, though......lol Oh well, movement in the right direction is a good thing anyway.

berryblondeboys
, you seem like you're smokin' the losses here lately! Seems like you've snuck up on onderland all of a sudden! Probably seems like it's going a lot faster for you to me than it does to you, huh? Ain't that always how it goes?!?! Keep it up, girlie!! You'll be there before ya know it!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post

I'm maintaining my weight (TTOM, 187 this morning), but what a struggle! My inlaws dragged us all over the place and to places like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, DQ and tons of other restaurants.
Girl!!! I hear ya. What is with family spoiling us with food?? It's hard to turn down stuff when you're out with them! I'm maintaining too but gosh it's freakin' hard! Glad you're doing well. I miss you and have fun on your vacation!!!!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
WHEW! Been MIA for longer than normal. Today's weigh in. Have had a GREAT week, I think....saw a new low this morning 195.8....I know I won't see that at meeting tonight, though......lol !
Ugh, I missed your Onderland entrance when I was MIA! CONGRATS!!!!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #82  
Diana

Thanks, LindseyLou!! We missed you!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Hi everyone! So happy to hear from Shells and Lindsey today. Where's Diana today though?

I was out and about all day long. BUT, the good news is I was back at 173.6 this morning. Man, I hope it sticks because I hope I NEVER see 175 again... in any capacity. I will certainly NEVER allow myself to gain to 175 either!

I'm a daily weigher. I love weighing daily. Actually I weigh everytime I am naked and I write down every weigh in with what time of day it was. I only count my first in the morning weight though. You do have to be able to handle the fluctuations. BUT- weighing daily is definately for me. I even plan on taking my scale on vacation with me. That will definately annoy my husband though! I fluctuate up to five pounds during the day. I usually weigh 1-2 pounds less after a workout. I usually wake up two pounds lower then when I go to sleep.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #84  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

I did it! I got to walk the boardwalk (an hour long walk) and kept my heart rate up. I hope I can do it tomorrow and so on. I might have messed myself up by not wearing a hat (can't be in direct sunlight over 30 mins) but I went after 5 and was hoping the sun was going to play hide-and-seek with the clouds. My 11 yr old daughter kept asking me to slow down. Ha. I might go later tomorrow if I am up to it. I'll just need bug spray for all the sand gnats. It was nice to get up and out again.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Good for you mamakat!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #86  
Diana

I am sooooo dang frustrated I could SPIT!! And when I resort to such language as dang and spit, you KNOW I'm frustrated!! I had an awesome week, food-wise......I gave it a sincere try......got what i thought was more exercise than normal (not formal exercise as in workouts, but just more general exercise) and thought I could really tell a difference. Had weigh in tonight....I lost one stinkin' freakin' pound! ONE. UNO. I devised a plan of getting totally off my fluid pill..decided to take it on Monday (day before weigh in) instead of on weigh in day for a few weeks, then move it to sunday for a few weeks, then Saturday....and so on and so on....I started that this week, too, which I'm thinkin' contributed to it. usually on weigh in day, I've had a fluid pill. Not so today.

I'm just so frustrated with the stinkin' beast of a scale. Why can't it play nice?? lol Soooo, I came home and did a formal workout (6 minutes on elliptical, walked 1/2 mile with 2% incline, and lifted some weights)....this, as of today, has become at the VERY least a 3 day/week routine beginning NOW. It's gonna take exercise from here on out. Encourage me, folks. Please!!

I'm editing this post to say that I figured up a while ago....to meet my next goal (17 more pounds by August 23, 2011) I'll need to average 1.3 lbs per week....... Please encourage me?!?!?! My heart is sinking.........I don't know if I can do it! My weight loss has tapered off here lately. Surely getting more exercise is gonna help.......I'm kinda stressin' out.......

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 05-24-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #87  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
I am sooooo dang frustrated I could SPIT!! And when I resort to such language as dang and spit, you KNOW I'm frustrated!! I had an awesome week, food-wise......I gave it a sincere try......got what i thought was more exercise than normal (not formal exercise as in workouts, but just more general exercise) and thought I could really tell a difference. Had weigh in tonight....I lost one stinkin' freakin' pound! ONE. UNO. I devised a plan of getting totally off my fluid pill..decided to take it on Monday (day before weigh in) instead of on weigh in day for a few weeks, then move it to sunday for a few weeks, then Saturday....and so on and so on....I started that this week, too, which I'm thinkin' contributed to it. usually on weigh in day, I've had a fluid pill. Not so today.

I'm just so frustrated with the stinkin' beast of a scale. Why can't it play nice?? lol Soooo, I came home and did a formal workout (6 minutes on elliptical, walked 1/2 mile with 2% incline, and lifted some weights)....this, as of today, has become at the VERY least a 3 day/week routine beginning NOW. It's gonna take exercise from here on out. Encourage me, folks. Please!!

I'm editing this post to say that I figured up a while ago....to meet my next goal (17 more pounds by August 23, 2011) I'll need to average 1.3 lbs per week....... Please encourage me?!?!?! My heart is sinking.........I don't know if I can do it! My weight loss has tapered off here lately. Surely getting more exercise is gonna help.......I'm kinda stressin' out.......
I'm sorry you had a frustrating loss (but girl!!! It's still a pound! Don't discredit that!), but if that made you mad to realize that exercise is needed in your lifestyle change, then maybe that kick in the butt was a good one! Good luck and good for you!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! Another late check in! We've been really busy. We are trying to get everything caught up so we can go out of town. I don't even know if I mentioned this, but we are not opening the shop on Friday. We are packing on Friday morning to head out of town. We don't normally close on a regular day like that. I can't wait!

I don't think I mentioned this either. I went to Jason's Deli on Sunday. I wanted to experiment with my turkey wrap to see if I would have an allergic reaction. I did, although it wasn't bad. I think it was the mayo in the ranch dressing. I think all mayo's have mustard powder. The next time I will order it without the ranch dressing and see what happens.

Tonight I had a frustrating situation. Me, DH and my Mom were going to share a salad. We told them ranch and honey mustard on the side for my Mom and DH. I was going to eat my part dry. They brought the salad with the dressings in the plate. The dressing was dripping off the sides and onto the salad. I scraped out some salad that I thought didn't have any dressing on it. I stirred the salad around and saw some honey mustard in there and then I realized that there was also red cabbage in the salad. I just divided my salad up between my DH and Mom. It wasn't worth dealing with the salad and a reaction that I might get. This really sucks! I won't let it get me down though! Once I am pretty certain that I'm allergic to the mustard family, I think I will get tested to make sure. I will probably have to live with a certain amount of reactions since it seems like mustard is in everything. I have also tried several antihistamines. Nothing I tried seemed to work. The allergist recommended Allegra. That has been the biggest help when I have a reaction of some significance.

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Grilled New York Strip 400 calories
3 orders green beans 300 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Total body Time-Crunch w/#8
Glute Challenge from Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-24-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #89  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Well, with the excess of totally out of control bad carbs this weekend, I’m going to try to detox from some of them.
Have any of you ladies (or Larry) ever done this b4, where you go no processed carbs for several days?

I am going out of town on a canoeing trip Friday and will be back just in time to go to work Monday night. I know I will do bad b/c we take snacky food in a cooler to eat. The location is small where we go, and seriously, they have a Mexican Restaurant, a Fish House (fried), McDonald’s , Sonic, DQ, Pizza Inn, and a local “potluck” type restaurant. Hmmmm the only thing even remotely appealing atm to me is a fruit slush or crème slush from Sonic! You can forget about me even looking at that

Today was an OP day with the exception of exercise. I took a 3 hr nap instead
I have to research that Melatonin tab and find out the half life and time it takes to leave your system.
It may be working a bit to well on me. I hate that too, b/c I really do like it, but I can’t sleep my life away!

MN-7a: 1 Low Carb Tuna Wrap, SO Delicious Orange Bar, Benefiber 430
7a-Noon: Cheese Omelet, Benefiber 170
Noon-3p: Grilled Chicken Strips, Zucchini, Mushrooms, Green Beans 248
3p-7p: SBD Mocha Ricotta Crème 140
7p-MN: SBD Taco Bake, Guac, RF Sour cream 463
Total: 1421

K9 Walk: 100 (pathetic! I almost fell asleep on the drive back home)

72 oz h2O
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #90  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Diana32: That must be so frustrating for you to have to make sure everything you eat doesn’t contain this or that! It’s bad enough trying to count cals, carbs, protein, fiber, etc without having that too! I hope you have a great time on your trip. I’m excited for you, and I’m not even the one going!!

Melissa: That pic of your HUGE turtle was amazing!!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mama turtle at work, but I can so see you trying to help protect it’s tender egg. You just seem so “motherly” like that to me

DianaLA: This is going to sound harsh, but at least you didn’t gain, AND you’re still in Onederland. There is a BRIGHT side to all this. Don’t give up! I know I’ve wanted to quit over the last couple of weeks—esp this weekend with my fickle scale—but try to gain fresh perspective. Get some new recipes, change up your diet a bit, introduce some new foods into your system. Shake it up a bit. You can do it!!

Mamakat: YIPPEE for boardwalk walks!! is that oxymoronic??

MizJ: Love your avi!! Such a welcoming smile!!

Ish: on playing outside and picnics. I love both!!

Still: Sometimes, just sometimes.. things work in our favor! Brilliant on the calcium/thyroid med timing!! it!!

Baiser: Hi and

Shells: Have a great time in WDW! Be prepared to sweat!!

Stacy: On 173!! Look at you “9 pounds from losing 100!!” You Geaux Girl!!

Aggie: on your losses!! Love the pic with you and that precious bab!! Such a cutie!! you said organicgasm!!!

Jenfett: WTG being binge free! Now that I realize I have this problem, I can firmly say 3 days is a MILESTONE! Heck, 1 day to me anymore is a MILESTONE!
to this thread btw. So glad you found your way over to us

ZooDoo: on the new market in your town! I love new markets, esp ones that have a great selection of different foods!

Baileygirl: Hi! I hear ya on the “Now Memorial Day approaching, I just want to hide.... I ate so bad today....... boredom, It has been raining for over a week and I am inside too much with my two little ones under two.... I feel so aweful”. Well, except for the 2 little ones under 2 Keep your chin up chick! You can do it!

Hi Shishkeberry, Vix, Miles Away, Jo, Larry, & anyone I missed

So the biz about the daily weights thing. Here’s my 2 cents, not that it’s worth much, but I weigh usually each day in the mornings, nude, before food or drink. I have only been recording my weekly WI, which is on Friday’s. However, after reading Stacy’s post about keeping track of them, I am now going to start putting my daily WI in the notes section of MFP. If I had done this last week, I could go back and see the exact day I hit 153 and try to imitate more closely the few days cals/exercise leading up to it.

Last edited by K9Owner; 05-24-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: add info
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote